TinyMight / TM 2

los

I was trying to wait for vgoodiez to restock, but the Tm2 with a few add-ons for $362 otd from vapefiend? Definitely felt like an early Black Friday sale to me, great value imho. I ordered last night, and FedEx already has my order, it should be here tomorrow.

S/O to “M3 Element” for the assist, thanks!

vapeape77

Noob here - is there any reason to prefer buying directly from the company? Warranty, service, etc? Thinking of purchasing through vapefiend.co.uk...
Yeah I prefer usually to buy direct for ease of warranty service needs. But I’ve bought from vapefiend before, when the unit went bad they just sent me a new one to the US. I doubt that’s what they would do with a TM2. Your basically saving $20 after shipping. On the TM website select price in pounds and it’s 286, plus shipping not bad…. They must have set the price in pounds before the big drop in currency value.

Last edited:
Noob here - is there any reason to prefer buying directly from the company? Warranty, service, etc? Thinking of purchasing through vapefiend.co.uk...

After doing some forum searching and seeing vapefiend is reputable, seems to have good customer service/experiences, fast shipping.

Tinymight website lists them as authorized dealer, so no warranty concerns there.

Vapefiend website says all devices come with manufacturer warranty (10 year) in addition to a 2 year vapefiend warranty, and you can choose which to contact for warranty stuff. Seems pretty solid to me.

*EDIT BAD MATH DONKEY BRAIN*:

Redoing my math here (between discounts and conversions I got confused.)

Unit was $275.50 USD after 420 discount code, plus ~$38 shipping so $313.50. Still good savings over MSRP, I think, and a good deal vs $350 plus ~20 shipping on the TM website?

Thanks to @vapeape77 for bringing this to my attention with that post this morning right when I felt like "treating myself."

Last edited:

Clp2k

does anyone have any specific recommendations as to which 18650 batteries are best? I still have a lot of Sonykonion VTC5A lying around...read a lot from the Molicel P26A, do they have a significant advantage?

vapeape77

After doing some forum searching and seeing vapefiend is reputable, seems to have good customer service/experiences, fast shipping.

Tinymight website lists them as authorized dealer, so no warranty concerns there.

Vapefiend website says all devices come with manufacturer warranty (10 year) in addition to a 2 year vapefiend warranty, and you can choose which to contact for warranty stuff. Seems pretty solid to me.

All said and done it was $275 shipped, (w/ 420 discount code) vs $368.90 on the TM site (*edited to fix price typo), so unless I'm missing some drastic, this is a no-brainer.

Thanks to @vapeape77 for bringing this to my attention with that post this morning right when I felt like "treating myself."
I take it you meant 275 pounds, correct? Either way nice deal…. Lol I thought I cracked the code paying in pounds on tm site, but you definitely did!

DaVapeGuy

This sounds like it belongs in the shipping/ordering thread.

Anyway back on topic

does anyone have any specific recommendations as to which 18650 batteries are best? I still have a lot of Sonykonion VTC5A lying around...read a lot from the Molicel P26A, do they have a significant advantage?

P26A is recommended, although I believe the 28 is better

This sounds like it belongs in the shipping/ordering thread.

Anyway back on topic

P26A is recommended, although I believe the 28 is better
I have a Murata VTC5d and a Samsung 35e....

I wish I knew enough about batteries to understand whether using the wrong 18650 is bad for the device or just not powerful enough for the TM2 to perform to its potential.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
You aren't paying local taxes when you buy from the EU or UK. That's why the vapefiend price went down by £50. £250 x 20% vat is £50.

Your customs could get charged taxes in the US I suppose but it seems like that rarely happens.
Still doesn't explain why the final cost was below MSRP at $317
Main thing to look for is the Amps. 18650's may look like regular batteries but they are not and they differ wildly in terms of output power. I come from an ebike background so know a bit about this.

Tinymight calls for 20A or HIGHER. The problem is that many 18650's have less than that and it will take forever to heat it up if does not have ability to put out enough juice.

Bottom line, as long as your AMS are 20A or higher, you are good to go. That being said, Molicell 26A and 28A are what tinmyight uses so I would stick with them if you could.

badbee

I have a Murata VTC5d and a Samsung 35e....

I wish I knew enough about batteries to understand whether using the wrong 18650 is bad for the device or just not powerful enough for the TM2 to perform to its potential.
It's very unlikely to hurt the device's circuitry directly, but, if you use a completely inappropriate cell there is a danger of the cell overheating and failing catastrophically. The VTC5d will work OK fuly charged but may fade faster as it discharges, that 35E is unsuitable and should NOT be used in a TM.

It's very unlikely to hurt the device's circuitry directly, but, if you use a completely inappropriate cell there is a danger of the cell overheating and failing catastrophically. The VTC5d will work OK fuly charged but may fade faster as it discharges, that 35E is unsuitable and should NOT be used in a TM.
Understood - looking up the various stats I see the Max continuous amperage is way low on the 35e (it came with an Arizer Argo.)

Thanks!

Clp2k

can you tell me hows it looks with the VTC5A?

Clp2k,
Top Bottom