TinyMight / TM 2

Jams67

Was messing about seeing what glass I had lying around I could use with the TM2. Turns out the 18mm Joint from the Hydro Brick Maxx is a perfect fit OD wise but smaller ID so CU doesnt fit, I just use the basket. The 18mm joint is great with the HydroBrick Maxx Mouthpeice, maybe my favourite way to hit it so far, pulling the TM away at the end clears the stem like a shotgun. It’s also great with my 18mm to 14mm reducer to use with the budgie 2.0 bubbler. I already had a spare 18mm joint from the SB Flip Brick (its a little shorter so thats now on the Maxx and I will use the Maxx 18mm joint for the TM2.

EDIT:

Still figuring out how to upload pics properly 😂

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Dosing capsules with the TM, in general, have not faired well for most who have tried. I honestly don’t recall trying myself and the only capsules I have are for my Fury 2, which I don’t recall again if they even fit or not. Regardless, the capsule experience for many has been lacking. A better option is to pack an extra stem if you have one (or three) and use caps for the stems. I use rubber caps all the time to cover the mouthpiece side of the stock TM stem in my regular/native setup. :peace:

RedZep

Dosing capsules with the TM, in general, have not faired well for most who have tried. I honestly don’t recall trying myself and the only capsules I have are for my Fury 2, which I don’t recall again if they even fit or not. Regardless, the capsule experience for many has been lacking. A better option is to pack an extra stem if you have one (or three) and use caps for the stems. I use rubber caps all the time to cover the mouthpiece side of the stock TM stem in my regular/native setup. :peace:
Could you post a link to these caps. I'm thinking of doing exactly the same thing.

RedZep,
Reactions: pmthokku

TheEncore

WPA with a j-hook! TRWW, OGB or GVB are my favorites!
Sorry I don't know what TRWW and GVB are... could you point me to the specific piece you like for the TM2?

SS says suggestions a few pages back... nothing is easy to find in this thread, but I do know what OGB is and I did see the post where SS mentioned that Oregon Glass Blower now has a style similar to a custom job he did for SS. Is this the one to get?

18mm-GLASS-J-HOOK-8-SIDECAR-LEFT-16mm-TUBING-FLAT-END-18jhooksidecar8left

TheEncore,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Sorry I don't know what TRWW and GVB are... could you point me to the specific piece you like for the TM2?

SS says suggestions a few pages back... nothing is easy to find in this thread, but I do know what OGB is and I did see the post where SS mentioned that Oregon Glass Blower now has a style similar to a custom job he did for SS. Is this the one to get?

The Rogue Wax Works has several pipes and modular pieces, you can find them under glass vaporizers category or glass tools or both lol. (On his website)

Good Vibes Boro is on insta and has very nice beaded hooks that should cool very well. Many options to customize.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

You can, ogb makes nice stuff but it costs a lot. If you don’t know J hooks and how into them you are I’d get something a little cheaper but equally functional: https://www.dhgate.com/product/16mm....3.Tnm0RD17lV3BagxKTBDp&resource_id=754850666

On topic and apologies if I missed it, but have they announced how they’ll do alternative woods? I’m mighty tempted to get a tm while it’s in stock on vape fiend, but I’d prefer a different wood. Is it limited time offerings down the line?

gordontreeman,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

You can, ogb makes nice stuff but it costs a lot. If you don’t know J hooks and how into them you are I’d get something a little cheaper but equally functional: https://www.dhgate.com/product/16mm....3.Tnm0RD17lV3BagxKTBDp&resource_id=754850666
I actually kind of regret not getting an OGB one right away. The dhgate store try to make you buy two, which makes the price come closer to one OGB without spikes. If I could go back I would've rather introduced myself to j hook with a 42$ OGB in stead of the 2 with spikes I got from yingmin5.

On topic and apologies if I missed it, but have they announced how they’ll do alternative woods? I’m mighty tempted to get a tm while it’s in stock on vape fiend, but I’d prefer a different wood. Is it limited time offerings down the line?

Look for @Vaporific quote this or previous page. Basically not quite clear yet but could be limited run first.

gordontreeman

I actually kind of regret not getting an OGB one right away. The dhgate store try to make you buy two, which makes the price come closer to one OGB without spikes. If I could go back I would've rather introduced myself to j hook with a 42$ OGB in stead of the 2 with spikes I got from yingmin5.

Most of the sellers will let you buy one if you message them, but either way I’d prefer two spiked hooks for ~$22 to one non-spiked for $42.

It’s ultimately personal preference though. I have broken glass in the past, so right now I’d rather potentially break a throwaway hook from China then an expensive piece from ogb. Someday one of his larger spiked units will find a spot in my collection, though.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: ezpz

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Most of the sellers will let you buy one if you message them, but either way I’d prefer two spiked hooks for ~$22 to one non-spiked for $42.

It’s ultimately personal preference though. I have broken glass in the past, so right now I’d rather potentially break a throwaway hook from China then an expensive piece from ogb. Someday one of his larger spiked units will find a spot in my collection, though.
Yeah lol that's kind of my issue right there. I got 2 from the gate, and both were a bit shoddily crafted, with one worse than the other. That one also didn't take some vapes because the small space between the joint and the the stem. Of course the less shitty executed one tumbled and cracked, leaving me with nothing useable. Also I didn't paid over 22 for them, at that price it's for sure a good intro to j hooks.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Could you post a link to these caps. I'm thinking of doing exactly the same thing.
I bought them on eBay. These were a bit different than another someone, one of the first but I forgot who, posted a pic herein. His had a small dimple or nipple on the top of the cap and the ones I bought are flat and appear a bit thicker. I also bought plugs for the TM body from the same seller which are good when traveling. Sorry I don’t have the info, it was almost two years ago. I’ve posted a pic of it herein if you want to search my posts. What I like about the rubber caps is that they cover a large part of the stock short stem, which I use most of the time, which allows me to pocket my TM readily and protects the stem very well. Not completely but better than no cap in a pocket on the go. I do have a self-made case for the TM which is for non-pocket transport. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: dimmusp

gordontreeman

Yeah lol that's kind of my issue right there. I got 2 from the gate, and both were a bit shoddily crafted, with one worse than the other. That one also didn't take some vapes because the small space between the joint and the the stem. Of course the less shitty executed one tumbled and cracked, leaving me with nothing useable. Also I didn't paid over 22 for them, at that price it's for sure a good intro to j hooks.
Yeah, the qc on the gate will undoubtedly leave a lot to desire. For a first hook I think they’re great, though.

Cheers on the color info. I’ll try to be patient, which is not my strong suit. I do have a TP80 and a toad en route to keep me satisfied for a bit, though 😉

noobvaperct

Sorry, would love a tiny bit of clarification mostly because I purchased a set of 5 of the new SS dosing caps with the TM2 - are these still not performing well or fit well or something?

noobvaperct,

TheEncore

Look for @Vaporific quote this or previous page. Basically not quite clear yet but could be limited run first.
As I'm sticking to temps below 392, I don't think I need extra cooling from spikes. I'd rather support OGB and get U.S. shipping. $42 is a good price IMO. Abele, should I get the 18mm adaptor and this one?

Aside from trying dry hits with a J-hook, should I try a bubbler as well? If flavor is the number one priority and it's only for temps under 392 is water counterproductive?

TheEncore,

gordontreeman

Aside from trying dry hits with a J-hook, should I try a bubbler as well? If flavor is the number one priority and it's only for temps under 392 is water counterproductive?
Generally yes, water steals some flavor. You should try it for yourself though instead of relying on others to tell you. It’s all pretty subjective. Lots of cheap water pipe options if you look in the cheap bubbler thread.

@noobvaperct i doubt many have tried the new capsules, I think @Vaporific was referring to his older third party capsules. I’m sure the new ones fit fine, capsules just always kind of suck with convection vapes. They aren’t the dream people seem to think they are for swapping on the go (straw suck from a container and blow out spent material is 1000x easier), and they add a conduction element requiring higher temps and producing less flavor ime.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has anyone successfully ordered the TM 2 from Vgoodiez?

They have not had it in stock yet, they got their first shipment from UPS, but they are expecting another one that was delayed till next week, they have not been able to list it for sale, because they want to have enough stock, among other perhaps technical difficulties... So the answer to your question is no because it hasn't been in stock yet!

Also really disappointed that vape fiend is already out of stock, it's been nearly four and a half hours, and this is pretty early for me on the West Coast, did not think I had to wake up at 6am but womp womp

As I'm sticking to temps below 392, I don't think I need extra cooling from spikes. I'd rather support OGB and get U.S. shipping. $42 is a good price IMO. Abele, should I get the 18mm adaptor and this one?

Yeah I wouldn't bother with water in your situation, maybe a tiny water piece could be fun to play with, but one thing at a time...?

Also that hook is different, like I said, the other link is the standard one, you can request it in 14 or 18, the one you linked above is the sidecar, on the left side instead of the right side, it also comes in 14 or 18...

@gordontreeman the other aspect it's important to know that OGB quality is really incomparable to the Chinese hooks, the quality of the glass he uses is much nicer and thicker, and his work is much better, definitely worth twice the price, that sidecar hook used to cost $60, now that he added more options to his store, the price has dropped a bit... Really great value now imo (also many people do not want to order from China DHgate and yeah knockoffs lol)

gordontreeman

@gordontreeman the other aspect it's important to know that OGB quality is really incomparable to the Chinese hooks, the quality of the glass he uses is much nicer and thicker, and his work is much better, definitely worth twice the price, that sidecar hook used to cost $60, now that he added more options to his store, the price has dropped a bit... Really great value now imo (also many people do not want to order from China DHgate and yeah knockoffs lol)
Yeah, for sure. To be clear, my post isn’t suggesting his stuff isn’t worth the price or something. Just for a first j hook you don’t need to spend $40 (maybe some privilege speaking, but not so much of an investment anyway) to see what all the hype is. Or just options if you’ve ever broken glass and sworn off expensive pieces. He had a spiked $114 hook I’ve been eyeing for a long time, and a ridiculously large hook that is 100% gratuitous but I kind of want it anyway.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, for sure. To be clear, my post isn’t suggesting his stuff isn’t worth the price or something. Just for a first j hook you don’t need to spend $40 (maybe some privilege speaking, but not so much of an investment anyway) to see what all the hype is. Or just options if you’ve ever broken glass and sworn off expensive pieces. He had a spiked $114 hook I’ve been eyeing for a long time, and a ridiculously large hook that is 100% gratuitous but I kind of want it anyway.

Haha yeah of course not, but you could also just get a regular plain hook otherwise, which would save much more money still, where I started with my TM happily... Don't need to go with the full right angle ones (also the Chinese one is not as good to me, even though it has the spikes, it is not a sidecar, which is what I really like about this version of the OGB style that I customized originally... Mine also has narrower tubing by the way) I do think getting spikes from OGB is not so worth it because it costs so much more and they don't do as much in my experience this way. There are a ton of options for aftermarket glass and other accessories now, at a variety of prices, for the TM thankfully

Shit Snacks,

gordontreeman

Haha yeah of course not, but you could also just get a regular plain hook otherwise, which would save much more money still, where I started with my TM happily... Don't need to go with the full right angle ones (also the Chinese one is not as good to me, even though it has the spikes, it is not a sidecar, which is what I really like about this version of the OGB style that I customized originally... Mine also has narrower tubing by the way) I do think getting spikes from OGB is not so worth it because it costs so much more and they don't do as much in my experience this way. There are a ton of options for aftermarket glass and other accessories now, at a variety of prices, for the TM thankfully
Hmm, are there plain hooks on the market for cheaper than the DHGate offerings? I know there are the mini ones that Lamart and RWW sell, but I thought they were still around the same price point or a little higher.

Anyway not trying to turn this into a hook thread, just sharing my experience. I'm still very happy with my cheap dhgate hook! I guess if it sold out already on Vapefiend I don't need to exercise any restraint and can resume waiting for alternative woods :lol:

Shit Snacks

Hmm, are there plain hooks on the market for cheaper than the DHGate offerings? I know there are the mini ones that Lamart and RWW sell, but I thought they were still around the same price point or a little higher.

Oh absolutely, they are cheaper from Rogue, and on the gate there are a ton of basic hooks that are much cheaper than those Genesis ones... You can also find them on eBay and other places :tup:

Anyway not trying to turn this into a hook thread, just sharing my experience. I'm still very happy with my cheap dhgate hook! I guess if it sold out already on Vapefiend I don't need to exercise any restraint and can resume waiting for alternative woods :lol:

Haha yeah I thought I would wait for exotic woods, but the lower price, and having walnut out and about basic, made me sure I should be ordering one ASAP! Wish I had done so on Tuesday when I had the chance... Oh well though can't complain

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The Rogue Wax Works has several pipes and modular pieces, you can find them under glass vaporizers category or glass tools or both lol. (On his website)

Good Vibes Boro is on insta and has very nice beaded hooks that should cool very well. Many options to customize.
Looks like Abele got you @TheEncore.

Also I would recommend going through OGB directly if you can. The quality is top notch and he is a great dude.

GBV also makes excellent stems for the TM.

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20220910-112209.png

@GoodVibesBoro :whoa::drool::bowdown: (not mine btw)

Top Bottom