TinyMight / TM 2

Cacahuates

I really like how you can take this thing apart and reassemble it pretty easily. Except the heater... That looks a bit difficult. Don't think I'll be attempting that. I'll just leave it running hot and see what happens. No melt downs. It does warm my hands @Berzzerkker. Maybe I'll try calibrating if things get too hot.

I also emailed them about the smell difference between the two units. They responded saying how their wood producer and finishing are different now. It's a big improvement.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Except the heater... That looks a bit difficult. Don't think I'll be attempting that.
And “Don’t screw with the screw” on the board inside. Not sure if that is the same thing or actually connects the heater but don’t unscrew the screw in the board. I’ve taken my TM apart a few times out of necessity, the first time begrudgingly and anxiously, however it’s not that difficult. I also did so to sand it down and re-coat it with natural beeswax last year. I don’t advocate doing so for the sake of doing so unless you’re mechanically and dexterously inclined.

It’s good to use my TM again after a few days. Short stock stem and a CU sans nuts & washers is how I continue to roll. Start at 4 in on demand mode, take 3 draws and all is good. Repeat at 5-5.5 and finish the load. This has been my routine for a year with the TM. And loving it - every single time! This vape is above amazing! :love::peace:

ezpz

Howzit everyone. Got a quick story to share.

I broke my 3 piece bubbler about a year ago. I never replaced it because my ash catcher/j hook setup was sufficient enough cooling for me. I looked, but never got around to grabbing anything.

Last night, I celebrated my birthday dinner with my family. And this is what my beautiful (and obviously intelligent) daughter got me.

20220527-221810.jpg

How does this relate to TM? It doesn't. But naturally............

Pink balloon was needed so I could use the combustion bowl that she bought separately (we won't hold that against her). Needless to say, I'm very happy with my gift (as well as how great my kids are turning out).:party:

florduh

Sapphire would be better as it’s both more conductive and less dense.

The stem might still be hot though, as the beads will transfer heat from the hot air and put it into the stem, since there’s not much else to displace it.

My more recent TM stem designs just use air cooling (like my Dyna stem, Quad Core)

Ambient air attenuates the temperature quickly without conducting heat elsewhere. It’s simple but underrated form of cooling IMO.

There are lab grown sapphire balls on Amazon. I've considered just biting the bullet. They'd be ideal for a short stem setup. Steel balls are heavy too.

But I remember seeing some of your designs for a TM cooling stem. That would be more ideal. It's not terrible, but getting your balls clean is a bit of a pain in the ass.

I know the FW7 is reddit's favorite dry herb vape, but from what I've seen there the TM is a close second. There should be a little niche market for quality cooling stems.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
There are lab grown sapphire balls on Amazon. I've considered just biting the bullet. They'd be ideal for a short stem setup. Steel balls are heavy too.

But I remember seeing some of your designs for a TM cooling stem. That would be more ideal. It's not terrible, but getting your balls clean is a bit of a pain in the ass.

I know the FW7 is reddit's favorite dry herb vape, but from what I've seen there the TM is a close second. There should be a little niche market for quality cooling stems.

I almost bought a TinyMight last week so I could develop some stuff, every time @Shit Snacks says if he could only have one it’s the TM it makes me want to get one. Arb let me try Alan’s iHeat 510 which uses a similar spiral heater and it was my favorite portable experience yet, so I’ve been really wanting to try a TM since it’s got a more compact form factor.

I’ve actually been quoting some TM stems out but I’m not sure if they should be glass or titanium. I keep putting in a fixed screen in all my TM stem designs, like an Arizer Solo stem, but with a lot more holes. I just love how there’s no parts on that vape. But to build a fixed screen with a lot of holes for convection isn’t super cheap. I think some people would see value in it, but It seems like the bulk of the market sees more value in titanium than glass?

I’d like to do something like this

6-AB5945-F-561-A-4605-BA7-D-916-C437-A901-F.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I almost bought a TinyMight last week so I could develop some stuff, every time @Shit Snacks says if he could only have one it’s the TM it makes me want to get one. Arb let me try Alan’s iHeat 510 which uses a similar spiral heater and it was my favorite portable experience yet, so I’ve been really wanting to try a TM since it’s got a more compact form factor.

I’ve actually been quoting some TM stems out but I’m not sure if they should be glass or titanium. I keep putting in a fixed screen in all my TM stem designs, like an Arizer Solo stem, but with a lot more holes. I just love how there’s no parts on that vape. But to build a fixed screen with a lot of holes for convection isn’t super cheap. I think some people would see value in it, but It seems like the bulk of the market sees more value in titanium than glass?

As you know, a couple of members here offer titanium stems (empty). And while the idea of them not breaking, personally I like being able to see any build up of gunk, in the stock glass stems. That’s my preference, I’m just careful with them, and have a backup.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There should be a little niche market for quality cooling stems.
I feel like we are starting to do okay on this front. We can always use more, but off the top of my head there are:
I'm only counting things that don't need to use a cooling unit as a cooling stem, although I suspect those long titanium stems cool pretty well too. I suppose you could count the big 3D stem from Tinymight and the Grav upline taster. Although I think both of those are only fine.

HugoMaille

Interesting design, new member but long time lurker : )

First. I'd like to thank everyone, your advice led me to purchase a TM, my first vape, about a year ago. Been using glass stem 3 inches long from a local blower, but looking for something else.

I have been looking for glass tubing, 16mm OD to fit the TM, but with even thicker walls, 3mm or 4mm, and longer, maybe 4 inches, the extra thickness as well as length might help cool the vapor.

The stems from TM have a 12mm ID to accommodate the CU, but having the walls 3mm would leave an ID of 10mm, and a 4mm wall would leave a 8mm ID, plenty of room for airflow.

I was able to find this on Ebay, the seller is asking for a 3 inch minimum length, which seems fine, but quoted extra charges for each end to be "rounded & flame something" but has never given me an actual cost, per 3 or 4 inch stem, then stopped replying.

At least I know glass tubing, 16mm OD with 4mm walls is being made by someone : )

Maximum order is 29 inches per cut. Order as many lengths as you need.

Outside Diameter - 16mm (5/8")

Inside diameter - 9mm (3/8")

Clear Tempered borosilicate glass

Wall - 3.9mm (Heavy wall is only 2.4mm)

THERE IS A 3 INCH MINIMUM ON THIS GLASS TUBING

Do not buy just 1". We can do small cuts but you must buy the minimum 3"

Last edited:

Adobewan

Interesting design, new member but long time lurker : )

First. I'd like to thank everyone, your advice led me to purchase a TM, my first vape, about a year ago. Been using glass stem 3 inches long from a local blower, but looking for something else.

I have been looking for glass tubing, 16mm OD to fit the TM, but with even thicker walls, 3mm or 4mm, and longer, maybe 4 inches, the extra thickness as well as length might help cool the vapor. The stems from TM have a 12mm ID to accommodate the CU, but having the walls 3mm would leave an ID of 10mm, and a 4mm wall would leave a 8mm ID, plenty of room for airflow. Just haven't found any 16mm OD glass tubing with 3 or even 4mm walls.
Welcome @HugoMaille

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Just buy one already! lol Yeah it is different than the IH being steel ribbon instead of steel mesh for one thing, but the all-in-one design with the replaceable batteries, o-ring glass stem system, and full temperature range dial, still very tough to beat for me... Anyway that stem looks cool, but without any additional cooling, I don't think I would be able to use it? Seems like nice ergonomics, and I agree the idea of it being all in one without a mesh screen is really nice, of course if it works well that is...

andrew`124c41+

I've been using this TM setup for the past 6 months, 120mm extra thick-walled glass tubing from OGB, works great for me, half a dozen for $65 shipped...thinking I'd drop a few and they'd break, but so far, they've proven to be kinda hard to break, dropped a bunch of times, no breaks yet!

Living in an assisted living facility, that prohibits smoking, vaping, and, because of receiving federal funds, even the possession of cannabis or cannabis edibles, on any part of the property, even outside. In a legal state with a med card & Rx from my MD...

Having mobility issues, I'm forced to pretty much stay in my small room, at least I have a private bath, usually using between meals and ALWAYS exhaling out the window

Because of covid, the cafeteria has been closed most of the time that I've been here, so my meals are brought to my room, and staff stop by for snacks, cleaning, and daily temp checks, or just to say "hi."

And of course, I am, very high, even stopped using a grinder because the smell was very noticeable, at least to me, can't take any more chances :lol:

Only problem I've had is deciding what to purchase. my local dispensary has more than 30 strains with THC levels between 25-37%, from many different growers. I lived just outside of Miami for 35 years, between 1975-2010, and never had the variety available here in Oregon, decisions, decisions...:hmm:

Thank You FC members, couldn't be happier with my TM :luv:
sorry about the photo quality, shaky hands, old iphone, and little privacy...

JPEG.jpg

That is one heck of a stem

Very interesting regarding Federal Housing. I happened to read up on this issue recently with respect to tax and other deductions and was quite surprised that there have actually been cases of Section 8 clients getting booted off the program. I think there have been lawsuits in Federal Courts over this issue. It is the old conflict between Federal and State law!

Forget deducting medical weed on one's taxes!

I had a crazy idea to have a custom stem made that looks kind of like a corkscrew.....glass coils.....
They would be wrapped around one of these (maybe not this specific one) battery-operated Peltier Cooling devices.
A bit more complicated than ice in a WP or Bubbler but I just like to tinker -)

It certainly would be interesting looking on a TM.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As you know, a couple of members here offer titanium stems (empty). And while the idea of them not breaking, personally I like being able to see any build up of gunk, in the stock glass stems. That’s my preference, I’m just careful with them, and have a backup.

Yeah I like glass stuff too, though I was thinking this might be a cool solution for on-the-go usage. Something small, discrete, maybe drop-proof.

Just buy one already! lol Yeah it is different than the IH being steel ribbon instead of steel mesh for one thing, but the all-in-one design with the replaceable batteries, o-ring glass stem system, and full temperature range dial, still very tough to beat for me... Anyway that stem looks cool, but without any additional cooling, I don't think I would be able to use it? Seems like nice ergonomics, and I agree the idea of it being all in one without a mesh screen is really nice, of course if it works well that is...

The one I tried from Arb had a stainless steel spiral wound ribbon coil, maybe i’m confusing the model, but it was different from the mesh heaters. It was a really nice vapor experience though, but the form factor can’t really compete with the built in SBS style of the TM.

As for the render, sorry I’m always thinking people can read my mind, that’s just the core version that doesn’t really show any extra cooling features, but there’s a bunch of options that could be added in, but those are largely dictated by the material. For example, some Things I could do in titanium wouldn’t work as well in glass and vice versa.

One variation uses Quad Core style fresh air inlets where the mouthpiece narrows, based on the Helix pipes I used to use. Another version uses a built in spiral intercooler, or vortex generators to induce turbulence for cooling. But it would have to be different enough from existing solutions and the stock setup to be worth it. The fixed screen would probably have the same hole pattern as a S&B capsule. A more advanced design with fixed screen has many more holes (I think ~170) but that would cost more.
The above design is based on a two piece model where the narrower mouthpiece section would be removable and you could alternately screw on a water pipe adapter, or alternative cooling features, or longer cooling features for home use; etc.
might be too complex though,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The one I tried from Arb had a stainless steel spiral wound ribbon coil, maybe i’m confusing the model, but it was different from the mesh heaters. It was a really nice vapor experience though, but the form factor can’t really compete with the built in SBS style of the TM.

Huh? This is getting off topic here, but iHeat was/is only made from stainless steel mesh heating element... It is in a spiral shape, but absolutely not a ribbon, he does use steel foil to line the wood and reflect the heat back though... Nomad/Toad heater is more like TM style, although that one is smaller nichrome crimped ribbon... The TM heater really is totally unique, stainless steel ribbon with the center post and ceramic posts through it. Yeah they make side by side mods too but even with the right one to fit a 510 vape it is not as sleek as the TM in my experience, so it's a great unique form factor and heater!

As for the render, sorry I’m always thinking people can read my mind, that’s just the core version that doesn’t really show any extra cooling features, but there’s a bunch of options that could be added in, but those are largely dictated by the material. For example, some Things I could do in titanium wouldn’t work as well in glass and vice versa.

Ah, yeah I figured there would be more to it, benefits to both materials probably, for the different designs too...

One variation uses Quad Core style fresh air inlets where the mouthpiece narrows, based on the Helix pipes I used to use. Another version uses a built in spiral intercooler, or vortex generators to induce turbulence for cooling. But it would have to be different enough from existing solutions and the stock setup to be worth it.

Yeah I don't know, the best cooling in my experience is still right angle bends if possible to incorporate that somehow?

The fixed screen would probably have the same hole pattern as a S&B capsule. A more advanced design with fixed screen has many more holes (I think ~170) but that would cost more.

Ah yeah the size of the holes is always a thing though affecting the type of grind you can use and how easy it is to clean, the load tends to stick better in a mesh basket screen as well depending on the load?

The above design is based on a two piece model where the narrower mouthpiece section would be removable and you could alternately screw on a water pipe adapter, or alternative cooling features, or longer cooling features for home use; etc.
might be too complex though,

Oh, yeah it did seem like two pieces there, that is really cool, though yeah I don't know for complexity and expense...

Cacahuates

Short stock stem and a CU sans nuts & washers is how I continue to roll.
I tried this, too hot form me. I think I have to adjust my draw. I usually do slow and long, but this got hot pretty quick with no nuts+washers.
Does anyone know a good place to get p26s in Canada?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I did it the easy way (with O-rings) I could make a cooling unit that just integrates with your existing stock glass (or aftermarket titanium) stem. No toes stepped on.

Rather than go with quartz or titanium, this would probably be made from ceramic for enhanced thermal properties, comparable to using sapphire beads, but with no extra moving parts. Estimated price would be ~$50-75.

Here's one rendition using a radial heatsink type design.

TinyCool.png

florduh

Yeah I like glass stuff too, though I was thinking this might be a cool solution for on-the-go usage. Something small, discrete, maybe drop-proof.

I prefer glass but would be fine with Ti. I mean my stem is full of steel balls currently, so I can't claim to be a glass purist. And Ti would be an improvement over steel. Given the way you load/unload the TM an unbreakable stem would be ideal for walks and the like.

I tried this, too hot form me.

Filling the cooling unit with stainless steel balls offers better cooling than the standard nut and washer setup. They're pretty cheap on Amazon. I wouldn't even bother with the cooling unit at all if there wasn't something inside to agitate the airflow.

Edit:

@invertedisdead that looks pretty fuckin tight too. The problem with ball stems is I'm always worried about an o-ring failure. Especially with steel since it's so heavy. The super simplistic TM stock CU runs you $30, and that doesn't include the ball expense since I don't like the Home Depot shit inside the stock CU.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Does anyone know a good place to get p26s in Canada?
there on sale here
but I bought mine at flashlight world so I could get a flashlight to retire my old 18650's to

FelixVonTrapp

If I did it the easy way (with O-rings) I could make a cooling unit that just integrates with your existing stock glass (or aftermarket titanium) stem. No toes stepped on.

Rather than go with quartz or titanium, this would probably be made from ceramic for enhanced thermal properties, comparable to using sapphire beads, but with no extra moving parts. Estimated price would be ~$50-75.

Here's one rendition using a radial heatsink type design.

TinyCool.png
That looks pretty sweet. I like your idea of an integrated screen. Personally, I don’t use a metal screen or the cooling unit, so a stem designed itself to cool, along with built in screen, is my dream stem. Right now using the Grav Octotaster…few inches tall and integrated glass screen

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Filling the cooling unit with stainless steel balls offers better cooling than the standard nut and washer setup.
How many SSballs are you using? Diameter? How do you secure them?
I continue to use 6 5mm SSballs within 1/2 CU and I find it equivalent to the original with the full CU and the nuts and washers. If I thought it wasn't enough I would use the complete CU with 12 balls.
I don't disassemble anything to clean it, I have an adapter for the faucet and I run very hot water through the stem...in 30sec it's clean, to confirm, I shake it a little with ISO and run hot water again. Done! the spheres rattle again
PXL_20201229_170544729.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201229_170324257.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

florduh

How many SSballs are you using? Diameter? How do you secure them?
I continue to use 6 5mm SSballs within 1/2 CU and I find it equivalent to the original with the full CU and the nuts and washers. If I thought it wasn't enough I would use the complete CU with 12 balls

They’re 4mm. Not sure how many exactly but more than 6. I think closer to 10. I don’t want to take it apart now to check.

I use the top and bottom CU housing and just fill it up with balls. How’s the draw restriction on the 5mm? I don’t really notice any increase over a stock setup. Honestly wouldn’t mind increasing the resistance a bit.

Doing this on the longer stem, I never really feel the need to use water.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
How’s the draw restriction on the 5mm? I don’t really notice any increase over a stock setup. Honestly wouldn’t mind increasing the resistance a bit.
The same as the original... It gets more restricted after a few uses...like the original.
They’re 4mm. Not sure how many exactly but more than 6. I think closer to 10.
I used the 4mm before. I had 11 in 1/2 CU and the air flow was more restricted than now and had to be cleaned after a dozen uses.
I prefer as little restricted as possible

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
there on sale here
but I bought mine at flashlight world so I could get a flashlight to retire my old 18650's to
These are $4.29 at Liion and $4.99 at IMR right now. Is shipping to Canada that prohibitive?

Incidentally I have been getting a free cheap 18650 flashlight with my order the last few times from Liion.

Last edited:

dillgaff1

These are $4.29 at Liion and $4.99 at IMR right now. Is shipping to Canada that prohibitive?

Incidentally I have been getting a free cheap 18650 flashlight with my order the last few times from Liion.

MeTo, threw the LG 18650 I got with my TM in it, keep it next to my dresser!

dillgaff1,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom