TinyMight / TM 2

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Sweet-vapour-69420

Are anyone else’s temp dials a bit wiggeley and loose when touching?
Mine is, ended up being a broken potentiometer part that needs soldering.

If it gets worse give TM an email, I’ve been chatting with them this morning regarding my broken dial and they’ve been great so far

I’ve got the DHL express guy picking mine up some time next week - they’re super fast so I’m imagining the longest part of this process will be the repair itself

beluga808

May I ask why this advice ?
I personally like to bring my herbs to the edge of combustion to finish it off. So my AVB is quite black (or very very dark brown) most of the time. Except for taste, are there other negatives to do this ?
It's simply because very dark brown is already quiet close to combustion and most cannabinoids are extracted. Plus at that point I personally don't like the taste anymore :)

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Hey!
I am working on a leather TM case. I made a prototype (Thanks to beluga808 for his interest and advices)
Now, I would like to have yours opinions on this one and know if it can answer a request or a desire for you, TM owners?
I would be happy to make some!
Dusty mauve or fuchsia is really not my color. Any other color choices? Love the little hole for the button! Is that working OK as I know some have finicky buttons (not mine per se). I really like the rivets/buttons. Well done!! :peace:

Vaporific

Thanks! And Yes, the whole range of colors is possible, just ask me!
Burnt Umber? The above color really crimps my style :lol:. I’ll PM you and inquire about more details. Really nice job though! I like the top strap too covering the battery chamber. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Duba

Sneech

Seeing the case reminded me to ask others here if they have done anything with the natural wood parts of the TM? Mine is feeling pretty dry in the hand and there are some deep grooves present where the wood has splintered a bit and come off. Are there any recommended things that can be done to smooth or polish the wood?

Sneech,

checkyourlibido

Seeing the case reminded me to ask others here if they have done anything with the natural wood parts of the TM? Mine is feeling pretty dry in the hand and there are some deep grooves present where the wood has splintered a bit and come off. Are there any recommended things that can be done to smooth or polish the wood?
I've seen people do light sanding then oil.

Vaporific

I've seen people do light sanding then oil.
Natural beeswax is what I’ve used. I apply it every few months to condition the wood. Be mindful there aren’t any toxins in whatever you might use. I’ve also sanded mine down last year; I used a few different grits too starting with the coarser one and then getting finer.

“Burnt Umber” is a crayon color - and I was being facetious and silly. More serious that the above leather color ain’t my style however :lol::peace:

andrew`124c41+

It's simply because very dark brown is already quiet close to combustion and most cannabinoids are extracted. Plus at that point I personally don't like the taste anymore :)
I think an honest answer to your question is that we are all our own lab scientists of sorts experimenting. Unfortunately, though, we don't have the necessary expensive tools to measure what we are doing. We are flying by the seat of our pants. I have tended to look at your question using logic but the problem is that my logic may be wrong!

So, here goes. I vape at the lowest temp possible. I stop when just a little after I lose taste and right before irritation ensures. My thinking is that one's own body should tell us if something not particularly good is getting into it!

Am I losing some CBD/THC by doing this, that is not getting full extraction? I really don't know.

Since the BP of THC at 1 atm pressure is really NOT known and that it is possible it may degrade prior to reaching said BP, and the theory being that THC is riding on the lighter Terpenes, perhaps the question is moot.

We would need analytical instruments to really get to the bottom of this.

So, like anything in medicine, you are looking at cost/benefit using your own intuition and best guess. with respect to what you yourself think.

It is interesting to me that there is a lot of misinformation online that seems to be repeated over and over again, one of them being the 315 F temp. That is true ONLY at a near-vacuum in a laboratory. People write that you are extracting less at lower temps than at higher temps. While this makes a certain sense, I am not sure it has ever been proven with analytic methods although I have not done a really thorough search of the literature..

Since for the most part, I am using very low THC high CBD strains for a particular set of medical indications, the psychoactive endpoint is not something I am looking at. Now, those who are using that endpoint are certainly able to get some semblance of a subjective estimate.. They can simply say, yeah, for the same amount of weed, I get more of an effect with thick clouds at higher temps than at low temps which may support the argument that high temps extract more.....but at what cost in terms of safety. Again, I don't know. I suspect that vaping should be safer overall than full conflagration!

Through trial and error I think you will arrive at what is best for you

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think an honest answer to your question is that we are all our own lab scientists of sorts experimenting. Unfortunately, though, we don't have the necessary expensive tools to measure what we are doing. We are flying by the seat of our pants. I have tended to look at your question using logic but the problem is that my logic may be wrong!

So, here goes. I vape at the lowest temp possible. I stop when just a little after I lose taste and right before irritation ensures. My thinking is that one's own body should tell us if something not particularly good is getting into it!

Am I losing some CBD/THC by doing this, that is not getting full extraction? I really don't know.

Since the BP of THC at 1 atm pressure is really NOT known and that it is possible it may degrade prior to reaching said BP, and the theory being that THC is riding on the lighter Terpenes, perhaps the question is moot.

We would need analytical instruments to really get to the bottom of this.

So, like anything in medicine, you are looking at cost/benefit using your own intuition and best guess. with respect to what you yourself think.

It is interesting to me that there is a lot of misinformation online that seems to be repeated over and over again, one of them being the 315 F temp. That is true ONLY at a near-vacuum in a laboratory. People write that you are extracting less at lower temps than at higher temps. While this makes a certain sense, I am not sure it has ever been proven with analytic methods although I have not done a really thorough search of the literature..

Since for the most part, I am using very low THC high CBD strains for a particular set of medical indications, the psychoactive endpoint is not something I am looking at. Now, those who are using that endpoint are certainly able to get some semblance of a subjective estimate.. They can simply say, yeah, for the same amount of weed, I get more of an effect with thick clouds at higher temps than at low temps which may support the argument that high temps extract more.....but at what cost in terms of safety. Again, I don't know. I suspect that vaping should be safer overall than full conflagration!

Through trial and error I think you will arrive at what is best for you

For what it's worth, a lot of CBD needs a higher temperature to fully extract? You can control smoothness with various glass pieces and such, though it's always a trade-off with the temperature... I also like low temp extraction, with my TM I always start as slow as possible and temp step my way up to about 6 tiny bit by tiny bit so I get many hits and each one builds until the vapor and taste drops off... Extraction is quite thorough and pretty even for me, but so many variables!

andrew`124c41+

For what it's worth, a lot of CBD needs a higher temperature to fully extract? You can control smoothness with various glass pieces and such, though it's always a trade-off with the temperature... I also like low temp extraction, with my TM I always start as slow as possible and temp step my way up to about 6 tiny bit by tiny bit so I get many hits and each one builds until the vapor and taste drops off... Extraction is quite thorough and pretty even for me, but so many variables!
Why is it that every time I get an email about the Tiny Might, I keep seeing a cartoon character that looks like a small mouse with something like a superman cape flying around? (The Cape is red with the initials TM on it!

Maybe its time to give the TM a rest!

andrew`124c41+

Switzerland’s Mighty Mouse?
I don't know :-) Now I am thinking of finding a flying mouse decal to put on it!
I was in a local glass shop the other day because I was thinking of making a custom stem. They sell a lot of different vapes but none of them had ever heard of nor seen it.

I never figured out how he picked this odd triangular shape. I mean it could have just been a rectangle or box like enclosure.

andrew`124c41+,

x003

Mine is, ended up being a broken potentiometer part that needs soldering.

If it gets worse give TM an email, I’ve been chatting with them this morning regarding my broken dial and they’ve been great so far

I’ve got the DHL express guy picking mine up some time next week - they’re super fast so I’m imagining the longest part of this process will be the repair itself
Was yours this bad? Here's a video you can hear the noise it makes when it moves too. It makes this noise if I shake the TM also. The power button is a bit loose as well but I guess it's more common? I can't seem to find if this temp dial is supposed to be this loose and shaky.

The other thing I'm worried about is my heating coil seems off center maybe?

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Ah perfect, I’ve sent them over an email. Has anyone had to send it from the UK before? What’s the turnaround like?
I sent my Tinymight back from the UK in December 2020. The turnaround was about 18 days, they just sent a new unit.

DHL unpacked my Tinymight in front of me when I dropped it at the collection point. Checking for batteries apparently.

Top Bottom