TinyMight / TM 2

kilo

TM showed up on Friday and it's met or surpassed all my expectations – even the shipping time! Took me a while to get the three-click thing down and sort out the different accompanying pulses but once I had that figured out everything else seemed pretty intuitive. Right away I like the draw. It feels more open than my Lotus or Hopper, but still with enough resistance to allow for a relatively long, strong hit. I could see emptying a small chamber in three cloudy hits. Love it!

I bought the 80mm glass tube and when I was installing the CU I got the idea to cut the head off of a 12mmx100mm cap screw and use that instead of a screwdriver or pencil as it fits snugly and won't shift the screen in the CU.

I either need to find a 18mm j-hook or wait until TM offers a tube with a 14mm taper. (VAS never ends.) I don't have any problem with the vapor being too hot, but I really like to watch vapor production and consider it an enjoyable part of the vaping process. All in all, I'm impressed with the design, the workmanship, and most importantly, the quality of the hit.

TeaCup

Can anyone tell me where that "upper heater glass" in the first two pics is supposed to be? I haven't taken my TM apart like that, but shouldn't I be able to see that glass part without taking it apart? I don't see mine?????

Ever since I was young, I've always liked to take things apart to see how they worked.
And the Tinymight turned out to be too much for my curiosity!

YN6OdpS.jpg
After taking the long bolt out, the metal top comes off first.
The upper heater glass falls out, along with a metal coupler that connects it to the lower glass tube inside, and also holds the mesh screen ring.
9YdyIF6.jpg
mt6W8X7.jpg
I love how the air intake path surrounds the stem and heater glass all the way to the bottom; when you inhale, the glass gets jacketed with cool air.
This preheats the air and keeps the glass cool and the wood safe at the same time!
XYeKnFf.jpg
Next, the bottom metal piece comes off to reveal the PCB.
It looks like the Tinymight is powered by a 16 MHz TI microcontroller, not too bad for a vaporizer!

jHTLXRE.jpg
"Don't Screw with the Screw" is a great little easter egg!

I decided to heed the PCB's sage warning, and did not attempt to remove the screw holding the heater and lower glass...
So it doesn't look like the PCB will be removable from the wood, at least not by me, and that means staining the wood body would be difficult.

7zb99nK.jpg

The design and ease of assembly is impressive, no solder is needed to connect the vibrator.
The two metal fingers on the motor line up perfectly with the pads on the PCB!

Overall, the Tinymight was a joy to disassemble, and I feel very good about the safety and effectiveness of the design.
Luckily, it was pretty easy to reassemble too and still works perfectly!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Can anyone tell me where that "upper heater glass" in the first two pics is supposed to be? I haven't taken my TM apart like that, but shouldn't I be able to see that glass part without taking it apart? I don't see mine?????
Yeah man, remove the top ring, and the o ring, then the metal tube. Feel inside and you shouldn't feel wood, you should feel glass, that's the upper tube you're talking about.

Edit: seems like @Bad Dog has faster fingers! 😁

TeaCup

Ahhh, got it!!! Whew, lol. I thought from the way the pic was set up it should've been in the battery compartment, and well, it's obviously not there! I've been experiencing some inconsistency's so wanted to troubleshoot today, so that pic threw me for a loop.........thank you. Ok, now back to modding.

if you take out the metal tube the glass surrounds it in the oven

Yeah man, remove the top ring, and the o ring, then the metal tube. Feel inside and you shouldn't feel wood, you should feel glass, that's the upper tube you're talking about.

Edit: seems like @Bad Dog has faster fingers! 😁

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary with my tinymight :D mine actually works better than the day I got it, since mine came dirty from the factory :(. slight hiccups aside this vape has performed from the start and continues to shine even now. its still my number 1 vape........ aromatherapy device...........TED........... Aerosolized particles disperser????? whatever you want to call it, I just say its my favourite ! this vape has not only come along with me and my changing habits and been adequate, its been exceptional ! its so powerful and versatile! from light flavourful draws to bong rips that nearly keep up with my flowerpots with small loads. ready in a matter seconds?!? is there a wonder why this thing is within arms reach most of the day? always at the ready at any given moment ! my tinymight has intruded on all honeymoons with new vapes, I just can't keep away lol:love::bowdown:

Sativasforpresident

Hi everyone, I have been wondering how long sessions can last with 0.1 to 0.2g with lower temps, maybe round 180 Celsius? As long as with a Crafty/Mighty?
Thank you

Sativasforpresident,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi everyone, I have been wondering how long sessions can last with 0.1 to 0.2g with lower temps, maybe round 180 Celsius? As long as with a Crafty/Mighty?
Thank you

It depends how you use it, technically it's going to last longer than a crafty mighty, but you can't time it the same way because it's not session conduction cooking your load for you, it's when you're inhaling so if you're riding the low temps it can last a very long time, it depends how many hits you're taking how frequently...? The effects are strong, stronger than those vapes, so I'd say it's going to last longer in the TM, but technically it could also be much shorter if you want??

Sativasforpresident

It depends how you use it, technically it's going to last longer than a crafty mighty, but you can't time it the same way because it's not session conduction cooking your load for you, it's when you're inhaling so if you're riding the low temps it can last a very long time, it depends how many hits you're taking how frequently...? The effects are strong, stronger than those vapes, so I'd say it's going to last longer in the TM, but technically it could also be much shorter if you want??
Thanks a lot, I would use it a lower temps as long as it gives me visible vapour and a nice flavour I guess... I am not too sure I understand the last bit about a technically shorter time. Thanks again for your answers, much appreciated.

Shit Snacks

Thanks a lot, I would use it a lower temps as long as it gives me visible vapour and a nice flavour I guess... I am not too sure I understand the last bit about a technically shorter time. Thanks again for your answers, much appreciated.

Yeah if you turn the temp up, and you're loading a small bowl especially, you can crush it in one hit! But I like to load a little more, and stretch it milking the low temps myself... The versatility is the best part :tup:

LabPong

That sounds to me like a sensor issue, or a bad contact or component on the board causing a miscalculation in the regulation circuitry. I hope I'm wrong and the recalibration will fix it though.

Major bummer.....I think I have a faulty sensor......

I have tried to re-calibrate the TM many times....unsuccessful every time. It always does the same thing and I get stopped on step #6.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a
triple click.
IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously
and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the
device.

I get to the point of the 5th tripple tap and then when I go to set the dial on 10 and do the 3 tap....it starts up as normal with battery level beeps and does not go into the diff colors for stepping temps down.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Major bummer.....I think I have a faulty sensor......

I have tried to re-calibrate the TM many times....unsuccessful every time. It always does the same thing and I get stopped on step #6.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a
triple click.
IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously
and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the
device.

I get to the point of the 5th tripple tap and then when I go to set the dial on 10 and do the 3 tap....it starts up as normal with battery level beeps and does not go into the diff colors for stepping temps down.
Don't turn into max... put at the midle 5/6

At the time of this publication (I didn't post it) I highlighted that the white color was to calibrate to max temp

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So far my Tinymight is my top choice to take on vacation via plane with me later this week. I’d rather bring two 18650’s than the same number of Hopper batts with my IO being a second choice (and my usual go-to when out and about). :peace:

Vaporific

I've had like 6 or 8 18650s in my carry on, dont worry about it!
I’m trying to travel light and not bring a battery charger with me. The beauty of the TM is you can charge the battery in the vape, which I don’t normally do at home (I charge them externally). I can charge them at night or if I have downtime. I’ll likely take it in a small homemade case which is a hard shell eyeglass case with foam padding I glued in - and a rubber band to prevent it from opening :). Never found or bought one though they’re cheap enough. It’ll fit in my personal carry on item for sure. :peace:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I’m trying to travel light and not bring a battery charger with me. The beauty of the TM is you can charge the battery in the vape, which I don’t normally do at home (I charge them externally). I can charge them at night or if I have downtime. I’ll likely take it in a small homemade case which is a hard shell eyeglass case with foam padding I glued in - and a rubber band to prevent it from opening :). Never found or bought one though they’re cheap enough. It’ll fit in my personal carry on item for sure. :peace:

honestly ever since I got an external charger I’ve completely forgotten that it’s capable of charging internal lol. Good plan.

only thing I would suggest is to remove the battery from the device, I’ve had no issues with mine in the cheapo plastic battery containers they ship for free with.

I have this bad habit of getting stopped for something nearly everytime I go thru TSA so if anybody would be likely to have an issue, it would be me.

last time I flew to CA they pulled my bag into the explosives box at JFK, that was fun.

edited to clarify that it wasn’t the TM or the batteries or the flower lol

Last edited:

Vaporific

only thing I would suggest is to remove the battery from the device, I’ve had no issues with mine in the cheapo plastic battery containers they ship for free with.
I was planning on removing the battery for the flight. And I already have one of those battery containers ready to go :). Great minds think alike. On the odd chance I’d use session mode on the trip has me choosing the TM to go even though I mostly use on demand mode. It’s an amazing vape anyway, what else can I say? :) :peace:

72Cohort

Hey, just wondering if anyone here who has ordered a Tiny Might to the UK and can let me know how discreet the packaging is, and what is listed on the customs declaration etc..

Thanks

72Cohort,

Zipford

Sorry for the basic question and not reading 482 pages first to see if it is answered, but how exactly does the herb stay in the glass chamber and not fall down into the device?

It looks like you just pack weed into the mouthpiece and then stick the mouthpiece into the wood -- other than the stickiness of the herb, does anything keep it from falling into the device? Or is it fine if some, or even all of it, falls out of the glass tube while in use?

Zipford,
  • Haha

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Sorry for the basic question and not reading 482 pages first to see if it is answered, but how exactly does the herb stay in the glass chamber and not fall down into the device?

It looks like you just pack weed into the mouthpiece and then stick the mouthpiece into the wood -- other than the stickiness of the herb, does anything keep it from falling into the device? Or is it fine if some, or even all of it, falls out of the glass tube while in use?
It is not a big deal for herb to fall on the screen, but the negative pressure you are applying pulls it back into the stem. When the herb heats up it tends to stick together more and stay in the stem.

Shit Snacks

And I always take first hits upside down, also always load with the device upside down when you're inserting the stem, anyway after that first hit the load is completely seated in the stem and no crumbs will fall out... Yes there is a heater screen to protect as well, but I like to keep mine pristine :tup:

ThirdEyeHigh

I tamp my bowl down after I stir fairly tight each time which I find works well, always load upside down.

What I need for my workflow is a funnel for the stem so I can easily stick it on, stir, tamp, back in without losing any material from stirring, I have seen 3d printer funnels to hold the stem and load it, does anyone have a link?

Top Bottom