TinyMight / TM 2

justcametomind

Just seen these on the official TM site -

Has anyone used these official dosing capsules for the TM?
I used every capsule compatible to the TM, original included. None of them is ideal, this included. It’s a bit tricky to take them out from the stem but they work. You need to rise your temperature when using them. Jack pods and mistvape’s are also compatible. Mistvape’s are almost identical and come with a tray. Same price unfortunately. Jackpods are not bad and form a perfect seal. All the systems can be tricky to take out from the stem and sometimes you are needed to move the CU from the other side to take them out. With Jackpods this is required every time since they form a perfect seal.

Last edited:

juice_blenda

I used every capsule compatible to the TM, original included. None of them is ideal, this included. It’s a bit tricky to take them out from the stem but they work. You need to rise your temperature when using them. Jack pods and mistvape’s are also compatible. Mistvape’s are almost identical and come with a tray. Same price unfortunately. Jackpods are not bad and form a perfect seal. All the systems can be tricky to take out from the stem and sometimes you are needed to move the CU from the other side to take them out. With Jackpods this is required every time since they form a perfect seal.
Cheers man, yeh kinda takes away the convenience if they don't pop out with ease.

Might give it a punt and try one out.

juice_blenda,
Reactions: Tweakz

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Nice vid man,wow those clouds
Thanks man :)

It puts good clouds w/out water, more than enough to fill up the lungs, or at least cough one up
action bronson smoking GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS'S DELICIOUS

Coughing? what's that? I'm the boss :cool:

J/K without water, a big one can take a huge toll on me

m0sh,
Reactions: Djsleepy

Steam22

Could be just a bad contact point. The biggest one to check is the metal strip in the battery cutout area. It runs from bottom to top against the wood and then is folded over on top of the wood where it gets pressed on by the metal top piece when you screw it all together with the main screw on the bottom.

You will have to get a star bit to loosen/tighten the main screw...I think it is a T15 or one size larger...cant recall.

I fixed this issue with one of my 3 TM's by just putting a small folded over piece of masking tape between the wood and metal as it sits on the top of the wood. So when you press the top back on it....it makes a more solid contact.

Here is a pic of the metal tab where you need to make sure the contact is good with the metal top piece. (thanks to the person that posted many pages back).

20201031-110255.jpg
That worked! I just pulled out the tab a bit and put it back together. Now the unit heats as it should. Getting everything back together took a bit of time, but glad it’s working. I think improvements could be made in how all the parts fit together, but it’s a fantastic vape. Thanks!

wastedpotential

Not as good in term of vapor production? or is the capsule is small and you can't put a whole lot?
I'd say it has to do with volume. The capsule is small, and I think the first hit loses some heat to the capsule.
I've been going back and forth, and while I really like it without the capsules, I do appreciate the ease of cleaning. And, when outside, it is so great to just pop in a new capsule.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I've been going back and forth, and while I really like it without the capsules, I do appreciate the ease of cleaning.
Screens and various forms and types can be used to minimize cleaning. There are tons of posts way back about all different configurations many have used. There are indeed several options: one or several screens, above and below herb, etc. And some don’t use any screens (or capsules) at all. I sometimes use a simple dome screen just below the Cooling Unit screen to hold flower. Keep the CU and stem cleaner a bit longer. I sometimes go without one and just clean it all a bit sooner. I clean my CU & stem about every two weeks. I also bought an extra set several months after receiving my TM in early May.

I think I tried one of my fury 2 capsules in the TM and didn’t care for the air flow though I know there are more optimal capsules for the TM. I just as well do without them as I’ve gotten used to and prefer keeping things simple.

And I gotta say my TM works amazingly - every single time! :D Safe and happy Thanksgiving to all. I’m off the rest of this week and have some new strains coming in today, one is a pure Sativa I can’t wait to try. It’s all good! :peace:

Bazinga

Steam

Is it difficult to reassemble the TM? I have a difficult time installing the toilet paper roll. I can't stand my unit now providing any vapor below 7.

Bazinga,

almost there

Steam

Is it difficult to reassemble the TM? I have a difficult time installing the toilet paper roll. I can't stand my unit now providing any vapor below 7.
it was pretty easy, as long as you go slow you should be fine. Just remember to remove the glass vapor tube after the top plate comes off or you're gonna drop it once you flip the unit over. Do the bottom plate even slower so you don't dislodge the button and vibration motor

almost there,
Reactions: ezpz

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Is it difficult to reassemble the TM? I have a difficult time installing the toilet paper roll.
it is indeed trickier than a toilet paper holder but manageable. I did it once, carefully (to fix the haptic motor), and I was surprised it wasn’t that bad. It all went together on the first try for me. I’m fairly handy and intuitive but not an electrical or mechanical engineer. I prefer and hope I don’t have to disassemble it again however. Good luck!
:peace:

Vaporific,

Steam22

Steam

The section with the button, temp dial is a little tricky. If you can hold that on the unit then you won’t have to work at getting that back on properly. But mine did come off, and it took a while to get everything back together correctly. Took several tries, and at one point I almost gave up. But if you are patient, it’s not too bad. I think next time would be easier.

Has your unit changed or has the heat level been low but consistent? If it’s been consistent but low, there is a procedure for adjusting the range that the guy at Tinymight will email you if you ask. If it’s behavior has changed, then the metal tab issue described earlier might be the problem.

SquirrelMaster

Could be just a bad contact point. The biggest one to check is the metal strip in the battery cutout area. It runs from bottom to top against the wood and then is folded over on top of the wood where it gets pressed on by the metal top piece when you screw it all together with the main screw on the bottom.

You will have to get a star bit to loosen/tighten the main screw...I think it is a T15 or one size larger...cant recall.

I fixed this issue with one of my 3 TM's by just putting a small folded over piece of masking tape between the wood and metal as it sits on the top of the wood. So when you press the top back on it....it makes a more solid contact.

Here is a pic of the metal tab where you need to make sure the contact is good with the metal top piece. (thanks to the person that posted many pages back).

20201031-110255.jpg
That was me that posted, I wanted to show (which is tough) how mine makes really good contact and dents the metal strip. If anyone thinks there isn't good contact on their unit they could try folding the strip over.

Speaking of sales there is one on VTC6s for $3.99 at 18650 Battery Store.

m0sh

So... question, if I use the CU and want to remove it, I have to push the side with the screen...I'm sure that after just a few times, the screen will be ruined by just remove the CU, so how do you solve this?
Do you have a bunch of screens? I haven't gotten any for the CU chamber and I really don't want to buy a big screen and cut it...

m0sh,

PossumMD

I removed the cu screen and use a basket screen. I found the cu screen got clogged quickly and then I'd have to clean the whole thing. Now, I just swap out basket screens, the cu easily goes 3-4weeks without needing to be cleaned. I am not a particularly heavy user though, 3-4 stems a night.

I did notice the cu screen was a bit delicate though.

PossumMD,
Reactions: ezpz

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That was me that posted, I wanted to show (which is tough) how mine makes really good contact and dents the metal strip. If anyone thinks there isn't good contact on their unit they could try folding the strip over.

Speaking of sales there is one on VTC6s for $3.99 at 18650 Battery Store.

Thank you sir! I just ordered two VTC6 and a couple of the molicell P26A ($3.50/ea) to try as well... Great sales over there, I had been comparing battery prices at a few places this week and these are by far the best!

Momor

So... question, if I use the CU and want to remove it, I have to push the side with the screen...I'm sure that after just a few times, the screen will be ruined by just remove the CU, so how do you solve this?
Do you have a bunch of screens? I haven't gotten any for the CU chamber and I really don't want to buy a big screen and cut it...
I push it from the top, not the screen side. Push with a metal stir tool right on the CU bolt but you could push anywhere on this side as it's solid all around.
you could push out the CU from the screen side without damaging the screen using a pointy sturdy thing and pushing precisely on the outer edge of the CU, against the wall of the glass MP (here you put pressure on the solid part of the CU, not the screen).

m0sh

I push it from the top, not the screen side. Push with a metal stir tool right on the CU bolt but you could push anywhere on this side as it's solid all around.
you could push out the CU from the screen side without damaging the screen using a pointy sturdy thing and pushing precisely on the outer edge of the CU, against the wall of the glass MP (here you put pressure on the solid part of the CU, not the screen).
I dunno, it feels like I have to apply too much force...I will try, if I ever use it LOL

m0sh,

justcametomind

It’s official..... I’m too hard on vapes ....just burned out a coil in one month on my FF2+.... can’t wait for TM!
If I had the need of vaping a lot I would go with a Mighty or a minivap at least for around the house. Everything summed up there's not much convenience using the TM instead of a session vape. If heating time is just a few seconds, on the other hand using a TM outside isn't ideal. After a bowl you often need some tool to empty the bowl and clean it. The time saved on heating is later spent cleaning and preparing the unit for another bowl imho.
Not to mention glass.
On paper it would be convenient to use it to take a hit and stretch a bowl longer than it would on a session vape. In reality I found it doesn't work like this, imho because stem glass is quite thick and stays hot, cooking the herb regardless if you hit the vape or not.
In the end I use my TM as m0sh said in his recent review, like a smaller, quicker and cordless Evo on top of a waterpiece.

Top Bottom