TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Lessaker – Super bizarre and still worth reporting to the TM crew I guess. Nice to see you're back in business.

Just so happens, as I’m turning 50 today, that I was hosting a bbq at the time of the incident. Like any child could do, I was running two grill/smokers, playing a game with friends in the yard, drinking vodka, troubleshooting the streaming football game issues in the workshop, prepping the next round of food, and decided to change my battery as it died trying to take my first rip...all at the same time.

Guess I should have hit pause on the party and quieted everyone down so I could go baby my vape. I did my regular backward twist till the cap seated in the threads then proceeded to screw it in till it locked cross threaded. I hope this never happens to you, I’d hate for you to feel so childlike.

No, I didn't say you should feel childlike about it – super fascinating how things can be twisted when people are angry. I said *even* a child can do that, I meant that to encourage you guys. I was not referring to children having BBQ parties, drinking and trying to have a vape, though. Happy birthday btw.

The thing is: even stainless steel can cross thread, it's not just a matter of material, and as pointed out several times not only by me, using a different material is not an option we'll see very soon. So what can we do? Take our time and be mindful when handling it. And if that's not your thing, use the USB cable to charge it. I'm not a fan of the battery door either, but it is what it is and can be handled.

doubledown

@Lessaker – Super bizarre and still worth reporting to the TM crew I guess. Nice to see you're back in business.

No, I didn't say you should feel childlike about it – super fascinating how things can be twisted when people are angry. I said *even* a child can do that, I meant that to encourage you guys. I was not referring to children having BBQ parties, drinking and trying to have a vape, though. Happy birthday btw.

The thing is: even stainless steel can cross thread, it's not just a matter of material, and as pointed out several times not only by me, using a different material is not an option we'll see very soon. So what can we do? Take our time and be mindful when handling it. And if that's not your thing, use the USB cable to charge it. I'm not a fan of the battery door either, but it is what it is and can be handled.

No worries, and thanks for the BD wishes. I really never had a problem with the battery door other than it seemed a little rough and scratchy from the beginning (literally opened/closed over 100 times). For that reason I always tried to be very mindful of it while switching batteries. One of the reasons the TM caught my interest way back is I love devices that run on 18650 and allow you to swap. This was just one of those times I thought I WAS being careful, but obviously being distracted and applying just a little too much pressure resulted in failure. My unit always required a little extra strength to completely screw in and make full contact, so I never realized anything was wrong, till it wouldn’t fully seat nor unscrew. The material is definitely soft, that shouldn’t be an issue, but it absolute requires an easy touch or irreversible failure can and will quickly occur. It would make sense to sell the top unit in the accessories section as it is an easily replaceable part, since this can easily occur. Thankfully I do have my other TM, I’m just hoping I can get a message through and a response. I’d hate for this to be the demise of a working TM. Definitely going to pick up some non-petroleum grease for my other unit in the meantime to hopefully add another measure of protection from this happening in the future.

fogbank

Just a quick update for anyone still curious about the mysterious magnetic weed.

I have always noticed some amount of static cling between the ABV and the TM stem when emptying the load. I wouldn't consider it a strong attraction, but it is enough to make cleaning the last specs of ABV from the stem a little annoying. It sounds like your experience is more extreme.

I have two TinyMights. I have read multiple posts from other users who swear by tightening the battery lid only by hand. I have tried this many times on both my units, while applying gentle pressure downwards, but I have never been able to tighten it fully. I can barely get it tightened to the point where it buzzes, but it can still be tightened further after that. And I cannot do that by hand. I have full use of my hands.

I use the flat end of a nail clipper to tighten the lid fully. There are minor scratches in the notch of the lid, but otherwise it works fine.

fogbank,
Reactions: Djsleepy

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
No, I didn't say you should feel childlike about it – super fascinating how things can be twisted when people are angry. I said *even* a child can do that, I meant that to encourage you guys.
In many English speaking countries that phrase can be seen as derogatory, especially when someone is having issues. It's the sort of thing carnival barkers yell at the crowd hoping to goat someone into playing their games. I'm sure you didn't mean it negatively or as a insult but I just wanted to let you know that it can come off that way, better to say it's so simple anyone can do it fairly easily with focus

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
So my TM stopped working. It appeared the screen was pushed through. Both my hands are handicapped, as I'm all thumbs when it comes to taking things apart. Nevertheless, I took the TM apart, put the screen between fat flange of mesh holder and metal tube. I 've cleaned contact points while open. I've put it back together as best as my thumbs will allow, and now upon pushing button 3 times rapidly, I get a haptic response and a green flash. I took it apart again, because misery loves company, and, wishing for a miracle, I was disappointed on re-assembly: no miracle. Green flash is all I get. Suggestions, please.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@macbill – Condolences etc. – Any idea what could have pushed the screen (the one above the heater, right?). Did you use a capsule when it stopped working?

Siebter,

Djsleepy

I use the flat end of a nail clipper to tighten the lid fully.
This is a functional unit for me so I don't care about scratching any of it, so if have proper fitting screwdriver should I use that or hand tighten? I understand to use care with first threading and not too overtighten, but I was worried about the possible stripping thread on hole/ top from opening and closing time after time.
TIA

Djsleepy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I get a haptic response and a green flash.
The only time I have seen this is if I put in a battery that is low on charge...
This is a functional unit for me so I don't care about scratching any of it, so if have proper fitting screwdriver should I use that or hand tighten? I understand to use care with first threading and not too overtighten, but I was worried about the possible stripping thread on hole/ top from opening and closing time after time.
TIA
I try my best to only hand tighten or loosen due to the relatively soft threads. I have occasionally needed a little more force but I am very careful about it.

SquirrelMaster

The aluminum top and bottom and anywhere else there's a aluminum threw me off the Tinymight initially. The battery door sucks compared to what else is out there. It works, I've never had an issue other than having to loosen the door and re-seat it but there are much better designs out there. I don't like seeing oxidization. It interferes with electrical resistance and seems to be clearly responsible for some issues. I wish the device was stainless steel or even titanium in place of the aluminum but that would throw the resistance of the device off which may mean a heater design change, I'm not sure. I think an anti-oxidant should be used but I don't want to put anything on my device unless it's ROHS at minimum, preferably medical grade. Are the units out there that are having electrical issues in high humidity environments? That would speed up oxidization but it's going to form no matter what, even if you can't see it.

I still think of the Tinymight as an artisan vape. It has it's quirks, you need to be somewhat gentle with it, you may need to open it up or face less be honest poor customer service. That aside, I love mine.

Also 69 4mm boro balls in the long stem is too many. Packing them more loose it much better air flow.

So my TM stopped working. It appeared the screen was pushed through. Both my hands are handicapped, as I'm all thumbs when it comes to taking things apart. Nevertheless, I took the TM apart, put the screen between fat flange of mesh holder and metal tube. I 've cleaned contact points while open. I've put it back together as best as my thumbs will allow, and now upon pushing button 3 times rapidly, I get a haptic response and a green flash. I took it apart again, because misery loves company, and, wishing for a miracle, I was disappointed on re-assembly: no miracle. Green flash is all I get. Suggestions, please.
Your temperature isn't turned too low is it?

Happy belated birthday!!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have thought very seriously about getting a back up unit, but the $$ is just not there for that. I like the TM that much. The good news is that I have a stable of RBT products in case the worst happens...
@doubledown I meant to wish you a happy 50th. Mine was a long time ago and the only thing I remember from it is that my babe at the time completely spaced it. Straws and camels apply to that. I hope your woman remembered yours... ;)
That could also be it. Good thought...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Green flash is all I get.
I didn’t know there was any other color than red. Sorry! Seriously, I only knew it had the red light inside. Not long ago someone stated there were two leds or lights inside and I thought only one. I don’t notice any difference other than blinking or steady when the button is pressed in on demand mode.

Pertaining to the battery door discussion, when I first got my TM almost 6 months ago, the cover was a bit difficult to unscrew. I used a plastic poker chip but its size got clumsy. I ended up and still used my thumb but I don’t screw it in all the way, just until it buzzes and then a quarter or half turn more - so that the slot is perpendicular with the stem. That my minor OCD and aesthetically amused self.

I hadn’t cleaned the battery cover until last week. I used a touch of ISO on the threads and contact underneath the cover, and then I ran Blu-Tac along the threads and also on the top plate threads. I will say the cover screws in a bit more smoothly than before. I’ve never had an issue with it catching or cross threading as I believe some call it nor any issue unscrewing it (other than likely turning it too much initially making it difficult to unscrew by hand literally). A couple of months ago I noticed that the minor springiness when you insert a battery was missing in my TM. I thought something happened with the positive battery terminal at the bottom of the battery chamber. My unit still buzzed when I screwed in the battery door then, and it still does now. I don’t throw my TM around but I have dropped it once (in soft dirt not too far down) and had a couple of rookie combustion incidents (none since!) and mostly used at home or in my yard. I definitely like putting it in a pocket and having it with me and try to be careful with it. It however is meant to be enjoyed and I do get great satisfaction with this terrific vape, quirks and all. It works VERY well for me even with a few of my own trials and tribulations with it.
:peace:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

OMG. That was it. Thank you very much. You have brought....sniff... me back...sniff... to operational OK status.
thank-you-word-cloud-600w-223560316.jpg

p.s. Ordered my backup unit Sep. 10th: the wait continues.....

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
OMG. That was it.

Really? Or is language playing tricks with me again? That is so awesome.

I think an anti-oxidant should be used but I don't want to put anything on my device unless it's ROHS at minimum, preferably medical grade. Are the units out there that are having electrical issues in high humidity environments? That would speed up oxidization but it's going to form no matter what, even if you can't see it.

What puzzles me: aluminum creates an oxide layer due to passivation, which makes it resist further corrosion – isn't that something we actually want?

Siebter,
Reactions: macbill

Djsleepy

I never mind sharing, that’s the whole point of being on a forum...

In 2013, I bought the both the two types of Nyogel available at the time.

Nyogel #779 = THICKER gel
Nyogel #760G = THINNER gel

I use the thicker formula for my TM threads.
NOTE: While they may have updated or changed the numbers, their website should be helpful in getting the same comparable product. One tube will last you forever...
I can only get the thinner in tube otherwise it’s $50 for 50grams ????? I could supply everyone.... does the thinner work just needs to be applied more?

Djsleepy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What puzzles me: aluminum creates an oxide layer due to passivation, which makes it resist further corrosion – isn't that something we actually want?
Not if it makes the threads harder to screw given the complaints.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom