TinyMight / TM 2

vaping_ape

I have never used any kind of wax and actually do not recommend using such. I have my TM for a little over ten month now, no issues in sight.

There's also different electrical properties, weight, costs – to solve what again? :-)

No. I do not understand how someone would give up on the idea to simply take some time (five minutes?), have a seat and *practice*. Even a child could handle this battery door *with some practice* – and you haven't even had it in your hands yet. C'mon! :-)

Seriously.

Edit:

Sorry, that's just nonsense. The TM is a sturdy device and while it's wise to treat it reasonable, it can handle any amount of bowls you throw at it.

I've been reading through this thread and I cannot help but be suspicious of you. You are way too defensive of the tinymight's flaws not to be associated with this seller somehow. I cannot believe you think that you would say tinymight is a sturdy device with how soft that metal is.

Everyone here know that cap scratches super easily and how easily that thread can bend with the slightest pressure. You repeatedly defend tinymight just because you ( 1 person ) have owned one for 10 months ( one unit ) and never had issues. Why are you so quick to believe that just because you never suffered a problem that anyone else who does is now mistreating their tinymight or has less capacity than a child?

I practically babied my tinymight, I didnt even use a coin as not to scratch the cap. Over time the thread slowly lost its shape I guess but what should I have done? emailed support? well he doesn't answer

You sound to me like you're here simply to counter all these people's complaints. It's ok to love the tinymight as much as you do but you don't have to defend it like it's your child... unless it is

Modnote: This member has been banned for creating multiple accounts. Also, Siebter is definately NOT Ville.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
As good of a reason for a second unit as I've ever heard :rofl: Still I don't think I'll take that route and just sorta baby it as much as I can and I'm not sure I'll use it more then once a day as my dog walking companion with a nice big load of my 1:2 or quick middle of the night medicating to get back to sleep 😴 with something a little stronger 😉 But I am very much looking forward to receiving my unit......... we'll talk about a second one later 😱

but you don't have to defend it like it's your child... unless it is
I knew it @Siebter is tinymight 😱😱😱😱🙄 you'll have to forgive him if he's a bit smug he's had no issues and I'm sure he in part attributes it to proper use. He sees the vapefiend review where they use a tool to open and close it and he cringes and fears a monkey see monkey do in people's practices. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, likely there was some defect in the machining that caused the failure, just bad luck it was your unit. I also don't think that aluminum threads are guaranteed to fall, I have a 15 year old aluminum grinder that the threads are still dam near perfect on.

Djsleepy

I have never used any kind of wax and actually do not recommend using such. I have my TM for a little over ten month now, no issues in sight.

There's also different electrical properties, weight, costs – to solve what again? :-)

No. I do not understand how someone would give up on the idea to simply take some time (five minutes?), have a seat and *practice*. Even a child could handle this battery door *with some practice* – and you haven't even had it in your hands yet. C'mon! :-)

Seriously.

Edit:

Sorry, that's just nonsense. The TM is a sturdy device and while it's wise to treat it reasonable, it can handle any amount of bowls you throw at it.
So you don’t use anything on threads? How many times a day are you opening and closing door? What would you recommend to ensure life Of the battery cover?
And you insult my capacity to use the device since any child can do it ????

I just questioned it and if it will work fo me since my use is strictly medical and my usage is well known on this forum....it wouldn’t be the first company to not be able to have a vape keep up with me!

I don’t spend money to not try something and always try to fix it before (depending on warranty) if there’s a problem!!!

Have a great evening!

Last edited:

angular ocelot

i open and close the cap four or five times a day and have never had a problem. its very simple and effective.

when i was a teen i had a vespa and used to change gears without the clutch because i thought it made me look cool riding off the works carpark in front of the other apprentices. eventually the steel spline stripped all the aluminium teeth from inside the wheel and i had to phone my dad to sort it out.
my dad smacked me round the head. he didnt fly to italy and smack the chairman of piaggio around the head.

edit to add, i keep the threads clean with blu tack. never need more pressure than my thumb.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So you don’t use anything on threads? How many times a day are you opening and closing door? What would you recommend to ensure life Of the battery cover?

I just questioned it and if it will work fo me since my use is strictly medical and my usage is well known on this forum....it wouldn’t be the first company to not be able to have a vape keep up with me!

I don’t spend money to not try something and always try to fix it before (depending on warranty) if there’s a problem!!!

Have a great evening!

Just be careful and you'll be fine, I open and close mine all the time, it was easier before I dropped mine, but yeah just do it carefully, I've never had any issues... it's funny someone said you'll get a second unit, I know you got two of everything, but you didn't get two tinymights did you! :lol:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Djsleepy

I responded to your question of “lube”, earlier in this thread.

Wax is great on wood, but most is temperature sensitive, it MELTS. Use the lube I mentioned or similar, designed for aluminum threads, used by the flashlight pros, and LED flashlights can and do run hotter then a TM.

bgrpph

I've been having sporatic haptic issues with no virbation at all when turning it on-demand, turning off or even when inserting a new battery sometimes no vibration- been getting worse but i still use unit & its heating normally- just a bit of pain to not know battery chg level on turn on or when to begin draw in on-demand, etc. my unit was received in July.

I did use the TM site to request repair & return ship label few days ago. I debated about taking unit apart & did it this morning. Unscrewed long bolt, carefully took bolt out & botton off, then top, on botton the push button fell out of hole on side & the haptic unit on botton in black silicone was out of the silicone- Cleaned the top/bottom & some contacts with iso & guessed at how the haptic thingy went back into the black silicone on botton base & put the button back in the hole on botton base & put it back together.

Unit worked & produced heat but no vibration at all when inserting battery or using unit.
I recalled there was pics on site of the unit apart & saw the posing with pic from MedicinalMonkeyWrench on pg 263. Perfect pic of how the haptic unit fits into botton-

Took mine apart again & discovered, of course, that i had put my haptic unit in totally wrong as i hadn't looked at the pics previously. I put vibration unit back in correctly & unit back together-

Wow- put in battery & it vibrated as it should, hit button to turn on-demand & it vibrates as normal. Only tried it a few times now but it vibrated & worked. We'll see how it does next day or so & i'll report back.

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Just be careful and you'll be fine, I open and close mine all the time, it was easier before I dropped mine, but yeah just do it carefully, I've never had any issues... it's funny someone said you'll get a second unit, I know you got two of everything, but you didn't get two tinymights did you! :lol:
Lmao 😂 6 MV1’s pd for two, 2 haze squares pd for, not 2 TM ...... yet ..... if it hits like you all say .... consistently well then a second might be in order!

@Djsleepy

I responded to your question of “lube”, earlier in this thread.

Wax is great on wood, but most is temperature sensitive, it MELTS. Use the lube I mentioned or similar, designed for aluminum threads, used by the flashlight pros, and LED flashlights can and do run hotter then a TM.
You did I gotta find it! Thx

Edit: Gotta thx !

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I've been reading through this thread and I cannot help but be suspicious of you. You are way too defensive of the tinymight's flaws not to be associated with this seller somehow.

I actually enjoy being part of conspiracy theories. :-)

I cannot believe you think that you would say tinymight is a sturdy device with how soft that metal is.

You don't seem to get my point – the solution here is actually simple, which is: be a bit mindful when opening and closing the battery door. As pointed out, a different material as stainless steel would result in a couple of issues while on the other hand could *still* be cross threaded (when not being mindful).

Honestly, I have no idea what gave you the idea, because I actually meant to encourage you (and everyone else) to look into it before giving it up, because it's not very hard to do. :-)

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
I really do like my TM, but I dislike how oxidation builds up in the threads of the battery compartment.

Last night, I swapped out the battery (I do this usually once every 1-2 days) and encountered resistance while trying to tighten the battery cover enough for contact against the new battery. I quickly stopped applying the gentle thumb pressure I usually use, realizing that something was wrong. I was able to unscrew it without damaging the cover's finish. There appeared to be black residue along the screw threads.

I got some electrical contact cleaner, sprayed it on a scrap of paper towel, and wiped the threads clean. I was surprised by how much residue came off onto the towel. It hadn't looked that bad originally, but after I cleaned the threads, they were obviously shinier.

While cleaning the inner threads with the towel, I noticed a small burr of metal near the top of them. The first 0.5mm of the threads had formed this burr. It wasn't there when I first opened the battery compartment for cleaning, so I guess it formed during cleaning. I removed the burr cleanly, and the battery cover now screws on and off easily.

I previously uses iso to clean the threads of the battery compartment, but I'm going to always use electrical contact cleaner in the future. Hopefully I won't have to deal with unscrewing a stuck battery cover this way.

This is the closest thing I've had to a performance issue. I really like my TM, and oxidation does not change my opinion of it. I would recommend that everyone use electrical contact cleaner on the threads if they swap batteries.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
While hoping not to appear defensive again (and I do believe the reports about oxidization issues of course!), can someone explain how and why this occurs and what would be the reasons why I don't happen with my device at all? I own and use my TM for quite some time now, I treat it mindful, but definitely do not baby it, and when it comes to the contacts, I pretty much do nothing at all. I swap batteries. I store the batteries in dedicated boxes. I recharge them externally. I store the TM in its hemp bag. I have never seen any sign of oxidization or residue whatsoever. Again: I'm not trying to debate, I'm trying to understand. What could be the culprit here?

@sanchezman – Ouch, that's actually an issue. Not sure how cleaning could cause a burr, I suspect you have accidentally scraped some metal off while opening or closing without noticing it. But yeah, hope it won't repeat.

Skinku

I clean the threads with a small microfibre cloth when I remember, ‘stuff’ does build up.
Here is today’s wipe for your pleasure, probably a weeks worth of changing the battery eight times a day.
3DC78811-337B-4C73-B013-9B55188A4451.jpeg
I am now unsure why I am posting this but at least I am enthusiastic.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I clean the threads with a small microfibre cloth when I remember, ‘stuff’ does build up.
Here is today’s wipe for your pleasure, probably a weeks worth of changing the battery eight times a day.
View attachment 2888
I am now unsure why I am posting this but at least I am enthusiastic.
Sounds like you are a busy guy at the charging station.
How many chambers do you vape on TM from one battery charge?

vapviking,

fidget

Update on my return.
Received it today.
It is a new unit (I know because I'd waxed my old unit) and came with a short mouthpiece,CU and battery. I only sent the bare unit back so that's a bonus.
The cap was not a good fit - it came partially screwed in and after thorough cleaning I still felt resistance and didn't want to screw it down for fear of damaging the thread.
Thankfully when I swapped caps with my other TM (bought from vapefiend when I had no idea if I would be able to return my first unit) both fitted and could be screwed down although the new unit still feels a little off.

LabPong

I've been reading through this thread and I cannot help but be suspicious of you. You are way too defensive of the tinymight's flaws not to be associated with this seller somehow. I cannot believe you think that you would say tinymight is a sturdy device with how soft that metal is.

Everyone here know that cap scratches super easily and how easily that thread can bend with the slightest pressure. You repeatedly defend tinymight just because you ( 1 person ) have owned one for 10 months ( one unit ) and never had issues. Why are you so quick to believe that just because you never suffered a problem that anyone else who does is now mistreating their tinymight or has less capacity than a child?

I practically babied my tinymight, I didnt even use a coin as not to scratch the cap. Over time the thread slowly lost its shape I guess but what should I have done? emailed support? well he doesn't answer

You sound to me like you're here simply to counter all these people's complaints. It's ok to love the tinymight as much as you do but you don't have to defend it like it's your child... unless it is

ummmmmm you sound like you are mentally hurt that you purchased the TM. I suggest you put it in the FS section where it will sell in 5 mins and then relieve you of all your pain.

That said, aluminum is a soft metal.....just to let you know basic earth science.

doubledown

@Siebter Ive owned my 1st TM (The one with the issue) for many months. I’ve babied it for months. The battery door has always had a rough feel screwing in. I use a rubber dipped back end of a pair of tweezers (fit perfectly with no slop) as my removal tool and never had a scratch, but the last couple turns have always been a little tough to seat.
Just so happens, as I’m turning 50 today, that I was hosting a bbq at the time of the incident. Like any child could do, I was running two grill/smokers, playing a game with friends in the yard, drinking vodka, troubleshooting the streaming football game issues in the workshop, prepping the next round of food, and decided to change my battery as it died trying to take my first rip...all at the same time.
Guess I should have hit pause on the party and quieted everyone down so I could go baby my vape. I did my regular backward twist till the cap seated in the threads then proceeded to screw it in till it locked cross threaded. I hope this never happens to you, I’d hate for you to feel so childlike.

angular ocelot

ummmmmm you sound like you are mentally hurt that you purchased the TM. I suggest you put it in the FS section where it will sell in 5 mins and then relieve you of all your pain.

That said, aluminum is a soft metal.....just to let you know basic earth science.
aluminium is not soft really. they make aeroplanes and car engines and all sorts out of it. there are different grades of aluminium and almost all of it is alloyed with something else, making it harder. aluminium oxide is a very hard substance and covers aluminium entirely.
all threads should be treated with respect and care. cross threading, unless the threads have been cut incorrectly, is down to the user.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
aluminium is not soft really. they make aeroplanes and car engines and all sorts out of it. there are different grades of aluminium and almost all of it is alloyed with something else, making it harder. aluminium oxide is a very hard substance and covers aluminium entirely.
all threads should be treated with respect and care. cross threading, unless the threads have been cut incorrectly, is down to the user.

Have you ever owned anything made by Apple? The Beta-aluminum oxide layer formation which naturally occurs on aluminum is extremely thin, which is why it doesn’t protect a unibody Macbook/iPod/iPhone whatsoever from instantly scratching. Even mil-spec hard anodizing isn’t that durable IME.

angular ocelot

Have you ever owned anything made by Apple? The Beta-aluminum oxide layer formation which naturally occurs on aluminum is extremely thin, which is why it doesn’t protect a unibody Macbook/iPod/iPhone whatsoever. Even mil-spec hard anodizing isn’t that durable IME.
have you ever seen an aeroplane? or aluminiun scaffolding?
you might have well said how easy it is to rip aluminium foil. doesnt mean the battery top is soft.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
have you ever seen an aeroplane? or aluminiun scaffolding?
you might have well said how easy it is to rip aluminium foil. doesnt mean the battery top is soft.

Lol there’s a reason they don’t make the black box/flight recorder out of aluminum, cause the airplane looks exactly like aluminum foil when it’s durability is being contested ✈ 🔥

I would say my MacBook comparison is a much closer real world usage example than an airplane though :hmm:

angular ocelot

if the battery cap was stainless, the first cross thread would strip the threads from the aluminium top plate without you even noticing. so the entire top plate would have to be stainless, which im sure would be more expensive. unless you put a stainless insert into the top plate, also pricey. im not sure what the effect of mating stainless to ally and then passing a current through either. i think it would create oxides with mild steel but i think it might be ok with stainless but something else to think about nonetheless.

Lol there’s a reason they don’t make the black box/flight recorder out of aluminum, cause the airplane looks exactly like aluminum foil when it’s durability is being contested ✈ 🔥

I would say my MacBook comparison is a much closer real world usage example than an airplane though :hmm:
neither are good examples really. there is a huge number of aluminium alloys used in various ways for various things, we don't know what the battery cap is made of exactly but we do know its use will bear little resemblance to the use of a macbook case, an aeroplane wing, a bridge, whatever.

yes, they don't make black boxes out of ally, or plasticine, or copper, or butter, or moths, or hopes and prayers. what is your point? we could spend all day listing things they dont make out of aluminium. should the tinymight battery cap be engineered to withstand the force of a plane crash? i mean, we have seen someone take a wood chisel to one for some reason so maybe, but at what cost? i dont want to spend five hundred pounds on a tinymight because it has to be made safe from people who don't know how to use edged woodworking tools.

doubledown

With all due respect, I didn’t mean to start a materials war, lol. My TM has been excellent. I love the design and effectiveness of the unit. That’s why I bought a backup in case my OG was ever rendered inoperable, especially knowing how difficult it can be to get service. As far as the softness of the aluminum used, though (and I’m no metallurgist), it locked up pretty tight. I attempted to use a large flathead this morning to unscrew the cap and metal has ripped right out. My fault totally, I’m not denying that, and happy to pay for another top piece should I get to speak with the maker. But it is something that definitely needs a soft touch or can and will be ruined and render the whole vape inoperable.

Lessaker

Just a quick update for anyone still curious about the mysterious magnetic weed.

I am very confident that it was the device electronics, and not the stem, creating the magnetic charge. The problem still occurred in both stock short stems that I have, regardless of whether a cooling unit is present. The problem only occurs when the heater is running, and I was never able to recreate the problem unless I ran the heater. The problem would occur in both on demand and session mode. I've had the tinymight for more than 6 months, and I have not changed any part of my technique or process. That is to say, I didn't change anything that would cause this problem to suddenly appear. I also have not dropped the device for a couple of months, so physical damage is an unlikely explanation. I keep the device in a cabinet, so it hasn't been exposed to heat, light, or anything along those lines. I've been unable to find an explanation for the problem.

However, the issue seemed to resolve itself. I left the tinymight on my desk for a couple of hours while I watched some football. I came back, and it was working normally. Again, I used the same process and technique that I've been using for months, I didn't change anything. I haven't been able to recreate the problem. It's bizarre. I'll post another update if it happens again, or if I figure something out.

Top Bottom