TinyMight / TM 2

crownroyaldaddy

2 weeks of my t-break down, 2 more to go. Tough not enjoying weed with the great weather lately, though

Think I’ll order the charger from the previous page along with some VTC6 batteries so I’m ready when my TM arrives.

Has anybody stained their TM? Might be cool and unique, if possible (I’m by no means a DIY expert)

SquirrelMaster

2 weeks of my t-break down, 2 more to go. Tough not enjoying weed with the great weather lately, though

Think I’ll order the charger from the previous page along with some VTC6 batteries so I’m ready when my TM arrives.

Has anybody stained their TM? Might be cool and unique, if possible (I’m by no means a DIY expert)
I'm waiting for an aftermarket body so I have an excuse to buy another. With the proper tools it wouldn't take long, it's just getting the parts. Unless of course the maker has time since he has seemingly caught up. Amboyna burl, afzelia xylay, Japanese elm burl, Cocobolo, quilted maple, curly Koa...may own a few Tinymights at that point.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Besides applying some beeswax once or twice to condition the wood, I have thought about sanding and staining my Tinymight. However that would necessitate me taking it all apart since there are gaps between the bottom metal plate and the wood (and light does bleed through around most of the perimeter and I’m resigned to this at this point) and I fear dust from various rounds of sanding with increasing finer sandpaper would fall into the perimeter gap. Now I could caulk it up with food grade silicone to prevent wood dust from getting into the heater housing but I’m not sure I want to start with that either and create a potential mess of such a wonderful device.

Is it really for the faint of heart not to disassemble the TM? I already lost and found the large clear oring removing the top retaining ring and didn’t have success re-inserting it and hoping a new one will arrive with an accessories order soon. I’m not all thumbs but do succumb to occasional foibles, and staining the TM might fall into this category. :peace:

Vaporific,

Tweakz

Besides applying some beeswax once or twice to condition the wood, I have thought about sanding and staining my Tinymight. However that would necessitate me taking it all apart since there are gaps between the bottom metal plate and the wood (and light does bleed through around most of the perimeter and I’m resigned to this at this point) and I fear dust from various rounds of sanding with increasing finer sandpaper would fall into the perimeter gap. Now I could caulk it up with food grade silicone to prevent wood dust from getting into the heater housing but I’m not sure I want to start with that either and create a potential mess of such a wonderful device.

Is it really for the faint of heart not to disassemble the TM? I already lost and found the large clear oring removing the top retaining ring and didn’t have success re-inserting it and hoping a new one will arrive with an accessories order soon. I’m not all thumbs but do succumb to occasional foibles, and staining the TM might fall into this category. :peace:
just global disassembly is a very sensitive activity that requires calm and attention. I was able to assemble normally after 5+times. that's why I don't do it anymore :)

my tm shines and works like new after almost 5 months of daily work

bgrpph

been longtime Ghost MV1 & Mighty user here- like them both a lot- just ordered TinyMight on thurs & asked about getting xtra battery- Lainaus responded Sat & thanked me for asking -saying he has now set up a hazardous material process with DHL so he can now ship xtra Sony VCT6 battery with a TM order-

On Mon my order showed complete- we'll see how long it takes via DHL to get here to Hawaii. Looking forward to using the TM after reading all the positive reviews- also got a charger, some domed screens online- will wait to use it b4 i order any other stems, etc.

SquirrelMaster

been longtime Ghost MV1 & Mighty user here- like them both a lot- just ordered TinyMight on thurs & asked about getting xtra battery- Lainaus responded Sat & thanked me for asking -saying he has now set up a hazardous material process with DHL so he can now ship xtra Sony VCT6 battery with a TM order-

On Mon my order showed complete- we'll see how long it takes via DHL to get here to Hawaii. Looking forward to using the TM after reading all the positive reviews- also got a charger, some domed screens online- will wait to use it b4 i order any other stems, etc.
You will love it coming from those devices. It beats them both imo.

GoCubsGo2016

Hey BHI, wondering what your order # was approximately? I'm still in the pending state, can't wait.

Jono1989,

abcd5432

If you get BIAO.T to make one how are you thinking to integrate it with the existing short or long stem? Rubber o-rings to secure it? Have a look at the Grav Labs 3"Upline Taster, that's my favorite stem. @Cheebsy and @alleyhoops can attest to their effectiveness. Thank you again to whomever originally suggested then in the old thread. I think it's surpassed both the long and short stock stems for me. It gets hotter, quicker than either of those stems but it's manageable and the mouthpiece is amazing. I've had all three out over the last few days and I keep reading for the Grav. That's what I've been using today on level 4 and it's worked wonderfully. Tons of clouds and nice smooth vapour. Those little ribs disrupt the laminar air flow enough to cool it decently. I'm trying to think of how to get some bake inside for extra cooling but it might be a little tough.

I get too stoned from these hard hitting devices and then I forget :lol:.
I'd want to use a stem that allows for a water adapter attachment so I can easily swap between things. Whatever the stem is that people are using with water adapters..

I just need to know what else I need to buy so I can buy all at once and not be sad.

Abcd5432,

BeEazy

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the TM after months of eyeing it on FC forums. I currently have the mighty, splinter, and dynavap Omni XL im curious to see how the TM stacks against those heavy hitter from my POV.

BeEazy,
Reactions: Tweakz

sickmanfraud

I'd want to use a stem that allows for a water adapter attachment so I can easily swap between things. Whatever the stem is that people are using with water adapters..

I believe that many of us Tiinymight users use a "Splinter" stem with the Ground glass end out. The medicine is either a basket screen at the non-ground glass end or stem packing as with an OG Tinymight mouthpiece.

fareast

I just need to know what else I need to buy so I can buy all at once and not be sad.
TM sells a 10/14/18 mm WPA. Not sure if it is listed on the web site. I heard about it via Reddit and though it wasn't on the web site at the time (maybe a month ago), I was able to eMail and successfully request that it be added to my then-pending offer. Never heard back from them, but when my PayPal payment went from pending to complete, an additional amount was added to cover the WPA and it arrived with my order last week. Recommended.

karec

Disassembling the device to sand it and apply any finishing is the proper way to do it but looks finicky assembling back together, at least judging by the comments of people that actually did it, i also apply beeswax provided by the maker once in a while when i start to feel that the wood is too dry but i would like to have a more definite finishing. im starting to like the colour after 6 months of use but i dislike having a lighter colour where meets the bottom alum part... the colour is from the hand grease and not from the beeswax... i would like to have a mate finish slightly darker without the need of extra coating... maybe on the long run the maker will provide different woods, colours, and finishing.

@SquirrelMaster i once got interested on grabbing a Grav 3"upline taster, the things that put me off was not be able to put the load a bit further from the heater (i use dzoinp mod) and not knowing the difference in temp once i draw, i really like the MP of the Grav that was the main things that pulled me into it... do you think it will fit some boro beads inside in case it gets too hot?

Cheers
:kewl:

LabPong

I don't work for this entreprise !!
But they have somthing wich is perfect for water attachement !

See you

That is the stock WPA that the manufacture is selling now.

TMwpa.JPG

It will fit 10, 14, 18 mm joints, but be much more restrictive than a stock RBT short straight stem with a domed/shaped screen. So keep that in mind when you setup for water/rig use. It might help some....but restrict others. I would use it only for the ability to use a healthstone or metal pad with concentrates. I would think it would work better to conduct a bit more heat on the load and have a semi floor to catch stuff if it drips through. And also the ability to use a 14mm joint.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I did a light sanding to 600 grit without disassembling my unit and then stained it with some gel stain. It looks and feels much better than when I got it. It seems as though the quality of the wood has improved in the last 6 months from photos I've seen.

On a separate topic, there is a thin clear o-ring above ( top of the unit ) the permanent glass liner which has come out and I can not get back in... this is not sold by TM and the maker has gone dark. I was originally told he could sell me some along with a few other random parts that are not normally accessory items but I have not heard from him in weeks. Does anyone know a replacement O-ring ??

Vapeknight,
Reactions: Vaporific

SquirrelMaster

Between the RBT stems that has you covered for 18mm or the official Tinymight stem that does 10mm/14mm/18mm those are our only stem choices for a gong stem. The way your post is worded it sounds like you want something that will attach to an stem like the standard short and that will turn it into a WPA. If you want a complete new stem then you have to choose whether a cooling unit will fit and what length you want. Without a Tinymight for Biao.T to check fitment he'll need to make sure it isn't too big with possible tolerance issues.

@Karec
It would be really tough to fit some beads inside. Actually fitting them wouldn't be bad but getting a screen in to hold the balls would be the tough part. The hole at the bowl is smaller (2 mm?) but the mouthpiece would work for inserting 3mm balls on one stem I checked. Maybe stuff a little cotton inside to keep them from falling out? A screen might fit if you rolled it and stuffed it in but then reshaping might be tough.

Last edited:

Thorssen

Disassembling the device to sand it and apply any finishing is the proper way to do it but looks finicky assembling back together, at least judging by the comments of people that actually did it, i also apply beeswax provided by the maker once in a while when i start to feel that the wood is too dry but i would like to have a more definite finishing. im starting to like the colour after 6 months of use but i dislike having a lighter colour where meets the bottom alum part... the colour is from the hand grease and not from the beeswax... i would like to have a mate finish slightly darker without the need of extra coating... maybe on the long run the maker will provide different woods, colours, and finishing.

@SquirrelMaster i once got interested on grabbing a Grav 3"upline taster, the things that put me off was not be able to put the load a bit further from the heater (i use dzoinp mod) and not knowing the difference in temp once i draw, i really like the MP of the Grav that was the main things that pulled me into it... do you think it will fit some boro beads inside in case it gets too hot?

Cheers
:kewl:
Hi - Any non-permanent finish such as wax, is always likely to show a bit of 'usage' where your hand sits. To minimise it, you can wax very regularly, that way, you are topping up the wax before your own hand wax (grease) changes it.
It sounds as though you would have to take it apart to sand yours back anyway. If you are doing that, you could consider giving a stain of your choice, and then applying a coat of something like Ronseal diamond varnish. These go on very thin, and dry super hard. Nothing from your hand is going to go through that. I've had it on floors for over a decade and it's still good as new.
The only downside I can see with that, is the wood is still subject to high temps, and wont be getting nourished.
The other thing you could try would be tinting your wax, and just doing it every week or two, similar to what people do with creams for leather sofas. For me patina is part of the charm, but I understand if folk like a pristine finish.
On the plus side. Whatever it looks like, it'll still get you baked :-)

Hoosier

Lovely. I just ordered one too.

Good thing this maker has never ghosted dozens of customers RMAs or entirely abandoned projects before! Good thing he doesn't hide his identity in order to pull the same thing twice!

And I put my money on one... do I have brain damage? Probably...

The device is so damn good. Imagine what kind of market share it could be with a better business end...

JonServo

A word of caution for everyone. Today, I almost broke the first of the inner threading of the battery housing. I didn't even notice it was bending, as it can feel somewhat awkward screwing the lid in. Make sure you are twisting counterclockwise at first to work the threads in safely. If the threads bend too much or break, I am not sure that the battery housing lid will be able to be screwed in. I'm glad I caught it in time to fix it, and hope none of you run into this issue.

With that, carry on with the normally scheduled praising of this gorgeous device.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Good thing this maker has never ghosted dozens of customers RMAs or entirely abandoned projects before! Good thing he doesn't hide his identity in order to pull the same thing twice!

And I put my money on one... do I have brain damage? Probably...

Hm, doesn't take much to take us back to beat that old, dead, boring horse, huh? One report of a request not being replied to yet...

Top Bottom