TinyMight / TM 2

Bazinga

So here I am enjoying my second bowl and starting to understand (grok) the ui of TinyMighty (possible new nickname). First off i love the small rotary dial on the bottom and how easy it is to turn and set. Super clever and well executed.

I get small puffs of vapor and full flavor at 3 and the second hit at 3 has vapor. Nice and cool with great flavor.

The last hits are between 8 - 10. Warmer but not hot. The cooling unit seems to be doing an outstanding job. The mouth piece and vapor is not hot like other vapes. I like it.

I agree with you except for the "small rotary dial". With my fat fingers and skinny eyes the dial is a PITA. This is not a problem with the device - it's just a problem for me.

I use on-demand mode (red blinking led). The body gets warm after 4 hits but not hot. Even after taking a hit at 9 - I can touch all parts of the vape (nothing burning).

The feel is remarkable. Solid. No jingling parts or pieces. Tapered design feels great in may hands. For a man I have very small hands so it's really a good fit. The fire button is outstanding. I love how integrated all the parts are!! Nothing sticks out randomly. Super design. Aesthetic is perfect for me: simple, clean lines, great materials, and what looks to be superior workmanship.

All in all a favorite. Compact, solid, well-design and executed, and what cool flavor. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Bazinga,

Momor

@Summer
the range can be moved 3 steps in either direction, 1 step equals 1 on the temperature dial. so theoretically it is possible to make the tm up to 3 steps cooler or hotter depending on how this is set up. if you set it to +1, what used to be the temperature generated at 5 will now be generated at 4, etc.
according to tm, it is possible to change the temperature range in order to take manufacturing-related variation into account. by extension i think that means that all these numbers are relative. my 5 could be your 7. so also the temperature charts could only give a rough estimate of how hot it actually gets i think.
i dont know whether my heater (or any) was set at 0 before i started changing it by accident, but it is now at +2 i believe. when i reset it, i was trying to find a medium where really hot (10) is hotter than i usually need it, for the rare occasion i should try hash in it (haven't yet)

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@im not a robot – I saw the guys from Vapefiend in one of their latest streams testing quite a few different stems *that were designed for the Tinymight*. I'm not 100% certain but I think they were from some 3rd party and are not released yet. So I think we will see some alternative tubes soon. :-)

Will someone elaborate further? Hidden menu? +/- 3 to get good performance at lower settings? :hmm:

He is referring to an undocumented setting that will only be revealed by the maker upon request (and I hope it stays that way, I'm sure it's not a good idea to just fiddle around with it).

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
How are people's first hits?

I start at around 4.5-5 because I like the flavor there, but my first hit has little vapor or taste. I've experimented with the packing, but I'm not sure that it's a problem, since in the end my avb comes out evenly toasted.

sanchezman,
Reactions: Vaporific

Guest399

I'm conflicted on whether I "need" to do it or not but thanks for all this good info nevertheless.

i tested at now and on my TM it is the same like yours. really steam only at 6.
4-5 it is not really steam for me

Guest399,
Reactions: mc

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
How are people's first hits?

I start at around 4.5-5 because I like the flavor there, but my first hit has little vapor or taste. I've experimented with the packing, but I'm not sure that it's a problem, since in the end my avb comes out evenly toasted.
My first hits are pretty darn good assuming a fresh load. I usually start between 6-6.5 and get a couple of decent tasting draws. Admittedly I know I can start lower, take slightly longer draws and get more flavor but then the effects aren’t as strong. It’s a balancing act for me, but I love the Tinymight with its flexibility. Usually after a couple of draws the flavor goes downhill quickly regardless what temp I start at. Vapor is generally cool nonetheless. Love it! Even when the low temp gets ‘hot’ or even on a higher temp (6.5-7.5) to finish a load the vapor is never that hot, warm at best and not an issue for me at all. It’s awesome. :peace:

LabPong

well by the sounds of it mine is working pretty good. I can't go up to 10 without making almost black avb

I was catching up on this thread....she moved a long way today...lol

MC I was wondering if you tried any concentrates with your TM.....as I was going to ask if it was possible at 9 or 10. That would tell if yours gets hot enough. I wonder if there is something wrong as Snacks said...because I have not yet heard of anyone not getting vapor until they were at 6. That made me think something might be off in your unit.

Also how do you use the vape......stock type stems drawing direct to lips or wpa in rig?

LabPong,
Reactions: Siebter

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Hi
I now have 2 Tinymight's
I have to tell you one more example of good customer support
He/they/Ville replaced the 1 TM with bad contact on the pot (dial) with a new TM with all the accessories.
As I reported earlier, I asked him to repair the 1st TM, stressing that I would be willing to pay the amount he thinks is fair. Incredibly he sent me the repaired TM at no cost. :bowdown:
and...
one has the dial at 5 (the older already repaired) the another is at 7

same greens, same user, same technic, same heater mod screen, same vapor
different buzzing from the coil, and different heat up time

Same high :mental:

LabPong

Hi
I now have 2 Tinymight's
I have to tell you one more example of good customer support
He/they/Ville replaced the 1 TM with bad contact on the pot (dial) with a new TM with all the accessories.
As I reported earlier, I asked him to repair the 1st TM, stressing that I would be willing to pay the amount he thinks is fair. Incredibly he sent me the repaired TM at no cost. :bowdown:
and...
one has the dial at 5 (the older already repaired) the another is at 7

same greens, same user, same technic, same heater mod screen, same vapor
different buzzing from the coil, and different heat up time

Same high :mental:

Your not holding it right! ;)

Hoosier

My TM finally arrived today, after an extended 6-day stop with us customs.

first use was fantastic. Loaded up with a dynavap sized load, set dial to 5, and let her rip. Wowza!

proceeded to take a handful of great, tasty hits. Then cranked it up to 8, and topped the short stem with my Simrell vortex (used a small piece of silicone tubing and it fit perfectly). I can not believe how efficient this thing is, and that is coming from a guy who daily’s a few dynavaps and a crafty.

Dayseed

@Shit Snacks - That looks like a really interesting setup and I can appreciate how that might significantly affect the air path.

IMG-20200507-133145620.jpg

Excuse my ignorance: until about five years ago I had a loooong hiatus from THC and combustion, so I’m not up on all the ins and outs of glassware. I recognise the RBT WPA, but is that Sherlock looking pipe a j-hook?

Dayseed,
Reactions: Tweakz

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks - That looks like a really interesting setup and I can appreciate how that might significantly affect the air path.

Thanks! (vapor path*) having all glass path is pretty nice, and less frequent need to clean it
I recognise the RBT WPA, but is that Sherlock looking pipe a j-hook?

Correct, that is the mini j hook available from lamart (makers of the tubo tetra) 18mm female

VirginVape10X

My TM is finally on its way home. But since I’m completely new to vaporizers besides recently dabbling with a few butane alternatives, I have a question regarding the battery. I recall reading somewhere (either this forum or another) that the 18650 battery should be conditioned. If this is accurate, how would I condition a battery? Is it a matter of completely charging and discharging through multiple cycles?

I’m not a big hitter and don’t really do sessions so I’m worried that I’d have to vape beyond my micro dosing comfort to completely discharge the battery. Unfortunately, I don’t have any other devices that take 18650 batteries.

Would greatly appreciate recommendations?

VirginVape10X,
Reactions: Dayseed

Dayseed

That’s a good point @VirginVape10X. It’s not something I’d considered as I’ve always used a vape with a non replaceable battery.

I’ve also heard that it’s best to remove batteries when idle and only use an external charger. It would be good to know what the science is behind these safety measures.

Dayseed,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@VirginVape10X – „Conditioning“ a battery refers to NiCd and NiMH batteries, the 18650 in the TM is lithium-ion, they do not need to be conditioned.

I’ve also heard that it’s best to remove batteries when idle and only use an external charger. It would be good to know what the science is behind these safety measures.

Some devices do not shut down entirely but will use up battery life for example to keep looking for bluetooth connections or by remaining in a standby state without monitoring the charge of the battery. This could result in extreme low discharge and destroy the batteries chemistry.

I think it's okay to charge the battery via the TM, todays BMSs are capable of managing safety quite well. I personally prefer to swap the battery for a new one and just throw it in the charger, seems more convenient and spares me the waiting time. A few years ago internal chargers were often a bit less reliable and less safe, hence many still prefer and recommend using an external charger.

Last edited:

Dayseed

That’s good to know @Siebter.

Aside from the safety issues you’ve addressed, does the use of an external charger help with the longevity of devices?

Also, is it correct that idle batteries should be stored outside a device in a suitable case (for safety)? I’m mostly asking as I tend to be more of a weekend warrior.

Sorry if this is OT.

Dayseed,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Aside from the safety issues you’ve addressed, does the use of an external charger help with the longevity of devices?

Not really, but I for example use the usb port only for emergency charging. By charging externally the usb port won't fuck up as quickly (which most usb ports eventually do in my experience). Beside that I don't see an advantage in that regard.

Also, is it correct that idle batteries should be stored outside a device in a suitable case (for safety)? I’m mostly asking as I tend to be more of a weekend warrior.

Ab-so-lute-ly. Those unprotected li-ion batteries can be pretty dangerous when not being treated mindfully. Which is not hard to do, but very important to follow. Storing them in dedicated cases or silicone sleeves whenever they are not in the device or a charger is an absolute must. Also always make sure to keep them away from any kind of metal object (coins, keys). Make sure their wrapping is always intact. Then you're good to go. :-)

So I received mine today and got to try it out tonight. Man this hits like a truck. I used the GRAV 3" Upline Taster first, even over the stock stems. I was very impressed and the settings was at 5. I'm almost afraid to raise the temperature. I have a bunch of Sticky Brick screens that I have a lot of. Worked pretty well making it into a cup. They are 50 5/8"(.625) 304 Stainless Steel Premium Pipe Screen Filters. Anyone else know of anything better? The GRAV 3fits really well.

Brewervapesalot

I should clarify, I can actually get considerably thick clouds at level 3 or below, first hits no less, but that is with this usage style: (medium fine ground lemon meringue, probably under .1g)

IMG-20200507-133145620.jpg

When using the cooling unit, it makes sense to start higher, as you may see thinner vapor (perhaps losing some in the cooling unit when starting that low) but I still enjoy milking the low temps. I also often load less when I'm using the cooling unit, so that also means less clouds.

Point being without the cooling unit and a decent load, I can get fairly thick hits even at level 3 (thinner yet still visible vapor through the cooling unit too), and those flavors, my word!

Bumping up to 5 or 6 sooner, can choke me with vapor, through the cooling unit... Temp stepping from low, I typically won't get much more out of finishing at 8 instead of 6.5 in my experience.

For sure! Without cooling units, e.g., Grav stems, i get really big/nice clouds at level 4.

Grav stem is best flavor. Low temps awesome.

Brewervapesalot,

SquirrelMaster

As promised. Before picture of some Violator Kush.

Started with a low battery at level 2
Temp Level - Draw Time
3 - 20sec
3.5 - 20sec
4 - 20sec
4.5 - 20sec
5 - 20sec
5 - 20sec
5.5 - 20sec
5.5 - 20sec
6 - 20sec
7 - 20sec - noticeable drop in flavour