TinyMight / TM 2

vapeape77

Ive really stayed off this thread, not wanting to bias my opinions any direction before I had put substantial time in with my device.

I do like it more than I anticipated, but am not all on board with their using standard hardware and nuts as heatsinks. Sure it is effective, even with the stubby short mouthpiece, but this sort of hardware in the vapor path is rather unappealing for me. I guess it may be due to having worked with small nuts and washers for so long, and having seen so many stripped threads and shavings...

Are most of you using your stems with heatsink and screens installed, or going without?
I lean towards a simple tube + rimmed screen at the end.
Here’s the Grav Octotaster with a basket screen, liking it…Taste seems spot on and nice abv without a hassle.

I agree the nuts and such big turn off in the CU. I took mine apart and put smaller screens in each of em to become a makeshift capsule… only tried it a couple times but why not… probably adds conduction which I actually like in my high

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey @Shit Snacks

Have you had time to compare the GVB and HA stems?

Yeah I actually posted a little about it earlier, I've only used the HA stem twice (with Rogue acrylic mouthpiece after first trying it plain so also through water to finish), the GVB stems are much better for me (also seem like nicer quality, the indent spikes for sure, more expensive too), they are different from each other too... Extra length more balls, size of balls, plus the spike pinches, if the balls are separated in the middle by extra spike pinch instead of just the top and bottom... If the question is pearls versus pills though, seems clear to me the pearls offer better cooling than the pills at least... :nod::D

Ive really stayed off this thread, not wanting to bias my opinions any direction before I had put substantial time in with my device.

I do like it more than I anticipated, but am not all on board with their using standard hardware and nuts as heatsinks. Sure it is effective, even with the stubby short mouthpiece, but this sort of hardware in the vapor path is rather unappealing for me. I guess it may be due to having worked with small nuts and washers for so long, and having seen so many stripped threads and shavings...

Are most of you using your stems with heatsink and screens installed, or going without?

My man! Hit up Good Vibes Boro on Instagram, the clear stems with the clear pearls are very reasonably priced, get rid of the steel cooling unit (and/or grab WPA with right angle cooling hook) don't look back :tup:

RedZep

Yeah I actually posted a little about it earlier, I've only used the HA stem twice (with Rogue acrylic mouthpiece after first trying without a mouthpiece so also through water to finish), the GVB stems are much better for me, they are different from each other too... Extra length more balls, size of balls, plus the spike pinches, if the balls are separated in the middle by extra spike pinch instead of just the top and bottom... If the question is pearls versus pills though, seems like clear to me the pearls offer better cooling than the pills!

My man! Hit up Good Vibes Boro on Instagram, the clear stems with the clear pearls are very reasonably priced, get rid of the steel cooling unit (and/or grab WPA with right angle cooling hook) :tup:
Thanks SS. I must have missed it.

Your assesment correlates with my assumptions.

I will also add that the HA stem has quality issues for me. Mine seems slightly different OD at different sections, and ID seems too wide for screens to fit snugly. I'm sure these issues will go away in time, as this artisan keeps making the stem. I'm still glad I purchased, and it's my current favourite outdoors option.

I'll look to pick up a GVB stem soon.

Shit Snacks

Thanks SS. I must have missed it.

Your assesment correlates with my assumptions.

Easy to miss here! Yeah I actually edited a little further above not sure if you saw since your quote doesn't have my latest final post lol

Yeah it was what I expected as well, but with everyone talking about the pill stems, I had to try for myself to confirm and compare directly... You can tell there is more air flow, strong flavor, but hot air, more similar to the Phineas stems in that regard, although those seem to cool more than the HA, even if not as much as the GVB options...

Yeah something about the pearls, whichever style size configuration, allows the vapor path to be pretty comprehensively and consistently obstructed with plenty of cooling surface. Often I don't feel the vapor until it is too late and I've already taken too big of a hit lol a good problem to have?

I will also add that the HA stem has quality issues for me. Mine seems slightly different OD at different sections, and ID seems too wide for screens to fit snugly. I'm sure these issues will go away in time, as this artisan keeps making the stem. I'm still glad I purchased, and it's my current favourite outdoors option.

I'll look to pick up a GVB stem soon.

Yeah I am actually using my HA stem, with a flat half-inch screen, that GVB uses with his clear stems, fits more perfectly in his stem, with his spikes, but it also did fit in the HA stem, so the ID must be similar? Glass always has variation though and it does seem like the HA Glass is not quite as, robust?

@FlyingLow He has a bunch made and ready to go an he even has a discount code for 15% right now. Looks back on the thread or Instagram.

Yeah they were sold out quick, the TM stems in particular, but he seems to be making more, he already added more to the site, of other stems, so best to keep an eye on it!

Man you guys do treat people differently here, all good I’ll bounce….

People are people, we make virtual friends, and we gravitate towards certain post styles that probably appeal to us, being a melting pot, you get all sorts of styles, some people don't mesh with other people, but then they may connect with others... It's helpful to share different perspectives, your post above is a good one, but I know I might have been hard on you for previous posts you made? Sorry, they have value, do not want to scare you away, but you are of course free to react however you wish, cannot control the feelings, though it can be helpful in a public community to not take things too personally (much easier said than done!)

Also, about asking the same questions over and over, we've all been guilty of it, I think there is a bit more forgiveness when it is a well-known member popping in to ask a question in a thread they do not frequent, even if it is a question that has answers already even recently, as opposed to a brand new member who pops in to ask the question, which is funny because you'd think the well-known member should know better to skim back reading through a thread instead of just posting a question, but I guess a lot of us expect a new member to be reading and researching, even obsessively the way we were when we were getting into it, before just asking the questions that have many answers already...? Just like life, you see it all, examples of everything everywhere here, if you pay attention

Last edited:

RedZep

As a relatively new member, I have been told a couple of times when I was falling foul of rules, or general etiquette.

I never took any of it personally. This forum is immaculately ran. This is due to a sort of posting hygiene of good habits, that is enforced by veterans and mods.

The only way to maintain that standard is for new posters like myself to be told sometimes that we are falling short. Sometimes people may take it as a personal affront, even if it's done in a well mannered objective way.

Zipford

Yes, over time I have leaned away from the standard stem and CU. For a basic cheap stem that is still portable, I find the GRAV Upline Taster cools as well as the stock setup and has better flavor: nothing but a screen and glass. People also seem to like J Hooks, to the extent discretion and portability aren't big factors for you.

The stock stem setup isn't terrible, and it is quite short. But I feel that it robs some flavor and is a little more of a hassle to clean with the o-rings, nuts and washers. The Upline Taster can be dropped in some grain alcohol, removed in a bit and rinsed out with some water -- ready to go again.

vapeape77

Yeah I actually posted a little about it earlier, I've only used the HA stem twice (with Rogue acrylic mouthpiece after first trying it plain so also through water to finish), the GVB stems are much better for me (also seem like nicer quality, the indent spikes for sure, more expensive too), they are different from each other too... Extra length more balls, size of balls, plus the spike pinches, if the balls are separated in the middle by extra spike pinch instead of just the top and bottom... If the question is pearls versus pills though, seems clear to me the pearls offer better cooling than the pills at least... :nod::D

My man! Hit up Good Vibes Boro on Instagram, the clear stems with the clear pearls are very reasonably priced, get rid of the steel cooling unit (and/or
Easy to miss here! Yeah I actually edited a little further above not sure if you saw since your quote doesn't have my latest final post lol

Yeah it was what I expected as well, but with everyone talking about the pill stems, I had to try for myself to confirm and compare directly... You can tell there is more air flow, strong flavor, but hot air, more similar to the Phineas stems in that regard, although those seem to cool more than the HA, even if not as much as the GVB options...

Yeah something about the pearls, whichever style size configuration, allows the vapor path to be pretty comprehensively and consistently obstructed with plenty of cooling surface. Often I don't feel the vapor until it is too late and I've already taken too big of a hit lol a good problem to have?

Yeah I am actually using my HA stem, with a flat half-inch screen, that GVB uses with his clear stems, fits more perfectly in his stem, with his spikes, but it also did fit in the HA stem, so the ID must be similar? Glass always has variation though and it does seem like the HA Glass is not quite as, robust?

Yeah they were sold out quick, the TM stems in particular, but he seems to be making more, he already added more to the site, of other stems, so best to keep an eye on it!

People are people, we make virtual friends, and we gravitate towards certain post styles that probably appeal to us, being a melting pot, you get all sorts of styles, some people don't mesh with other people, but then they may connect with others... It's helpful to share different perspectives, your post above is a good one, but I know I might have been hard on you for previous posts you made? Sorry, they have value, do not want to scare you away, but you are of course free to react however you wish, cannot control the feelings, though it can be helpful in a public community to not take things too personally (much easier said than

Also, about asking the same questions over and over, we've all been guilty of it, I think there is a bit more forgiveness when it is a well-known member popping in to ask a question in a thread they do not frequent, even if it is a question that has answers already even recently, as opposed to a brand new member who pops in to ask the question, which is funny because you'd think the well-known member should know better to skim back reading through a thread instead of just posting a question, but I guess a lot of us expect a new member to be reading and researching, even obsessively the way we were when we were getting into it, before just asking the questions that have many answers already...? Just like life, you see it all, examples of everything everywhere here, if you pay attention
Yeah sorry here too, I probably had too much Sativa this morning (lol most mornings) and got hangry on top of that, then over thinking about the contradiction in posts… totally reading into shit too much there… water under the bridge all…

Here’s a combo setup rimmed basket screen onto my rigged cap. CBD only afternoon for me 🤪

It is what units are calibrated ,too. What someone feels is 200C it is another question. If he likes he can adjust the temps to his feelings :D...
Anyway each step is 10 degrees . default is 7 ,so 10 is plus 30 C !!! Of course miscalibration can always happen ! Nothing is 100% !
Default is 6 ,,,

Though I have not confirmed wit TM, I am certain that is correct. I tried to find the batteries he lists on the FAQ when I got my TM2 and found they are all discontinued.

Key part is the Amps discharge. Per manual, it should be 20A or higher. The 28A Molicel is 35A so more than sufficient.
No wonder so many repeat questions by new TM owner ,so much miss information,,, 25A Check your batterys ,
and people if your going to advise new members or owner check the facts first ,
the worlds getting like the film where they come back 500 years in the future and everybody’s stupid ,
G

Shit Snacks

No wonder so many repeat questions by new TM owner ,so much miss information,,, 25A Check your batterys ,
and people if your going to advise new members or owner check the facts first ,
the worlds getting like the film where they come back 500 years in the future and everybody’s stupid ,
G

There's a difference between the amp ratings, and the actual measured amps, I believe Molicel P26A and P28A are both rated for 35A (amps) but I do recall seeing that the actual measured amps were 25A... Still extra than the 20A required rating (LG HG2 pull about 18 even though they are rated 20, Samsung 30Q pull about 18 even though they are rated 15) which I think is why they perform so well, despite lower MAH capacity... They seem to perform better than LG HE4 (20A) and Samsung 25R (20A) and more consistent than the Sony VTC6

There's a difference between the amp ratings, and the actual measured amps, I believe Molicel P26A and P28A are both rated for 35A (amps) but I do recall seeing that the actual measured amps were 25A... Still extra than the 20A required rating (LG HG2 pull about 18 even though they are rated 20, Samsung 30Q pull about 18 even though they are rated 15) which I think is why they perform so well, despite lower MAH capacity... They seem to perform better than LG HE4 (20A) and Samsung 25R (20A) and more consistent than the Sony VTC6
Hi shit snacks , yeah your probably right as for actual measured but just checked 3 of mine and 25a on all ,had to take a pic to see it right enough
eyes are not great but hard to tell if its 35 or 25 without ,
G

Vapor-catzG,

Shit Snacks

Hi shit snacks , yeah your probably right as for actual measured but just checked 3 of mine and 25a on all ,had to take a pic to see it right enough
eyes are not great but hard to tell if its 35 or 25 without ,
G

My Molicel do not list the amps on the cell wrapping (none of my batteries do) so I'm not really sure where else to look lol

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
...about upgrades in TM2
Yes without a doubt it is better
I had to recalibrate it to red...
Overall much better finish than my TM1's, the wood fits perfectly on both plates and has a scent that I love
The pick tool is cool but I haven't used it in this function yet. It is excellent for full control of battery status during use.
Initially I didn't like the screen with the holes that is above the coil but I must say that it is working excellently in dissipating the heat evenly through the greens and that's why there is no longer the black ring on the avb (although it doesn't exist on the TM1 with my mod screen)
Mod screen installed on TM2, even though the avb is uniform I continue to stirr once for the final hit.
Regarding the battery, it doesn't seem to be that efficient. Looks like they're going faster with TM2
what can be improved? the cooling unit cannot be nuts and washers!

My Molicel do not list the amps on the cell wrapping (none of my batteries do) so I'm not really sure where else to look lol
how do i post a pic up ,not having much luck with them ,got mine from fogstar ,their names on it under the description ,ive an other one in my second first edition TM ill check it , and my TM2 only checked my spares but as i said fogstars on them so they must a done it ,gives us a number anyway ,
G

Vapor-catzG,

Shit Snacks

how do i post a pic up ,not having much luck with them ,got mine from fogstar ,their names on it under the description ,ive an other one in my second first edition TM ill check it , and my TM2 only checked my spares but as i said fogstars on them so they must a done it ,gives us a number anyway ,
G

I never heard of fogstar, a lot of places rewrap cells though...

To share images here, you need to post on an external hosting site, like imgur (I go to the website on my mobile browser, select desktop view, then upload. Once complete you can post the URL link here and it will display however many photos there are as an album to click through with arrows here) or imgbb (I use the mobile site for that one, upload and then view the BB code, paste what is in the IMG brackets here and the photo will display)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vaporific
Its a good battery site in the UK ,they do re wrap custom if you want ,but these ones just have a print on the other side of the battery in the same font as original details thats why i thought they all had these details
ill post them i you want
G

BleuEyedGuy

...about upgrades in TM2
Yes without a doubt it is better
I had to recalibrate it to red...
Overall much better finish than my TM1's, the wood fits perfectly on both plates and has a scent that I love
The pick tool is cool but I haven't used it in this function yet. It is excellent for full control of battery status during use.
Initially I didn't like the screen with the holes that is above the coil but I must say that it is working excellently in dissipating the heat evenly through the greens and that's why there is no longer the black ring on the avb (although it doesn't exist on the TM1 with my mod screen)
Mod screen installed on TM2, even though the avb is uniform I continue to stirr once for the final hit.
Regarding the battery, it doesn't seem to be that efficient. Looks like they're going faster with TM2
what can be improved? the cooling unit cannot be nuts and washers!

Could you post a photo of the "screen with the holes" my tm arrived without one and I've always used a flat stainless screen, and was recently looking into stainless & titanium "curved concave" screens, I was looking at 15mm, cheers!

5/8" (.625 inch | 16 mm) Premium Curved 304 Stainless Steel Concave Pipe Screens (10 Pack)

BleuEyedGuy,
Reactions: Elfstone

BleuEyedGuy

don't use the cu's, my stems are slightly thicker glass, 11mm ID, too small for the cu's, didn't receive much with my unit, back when he started having problems with DHL, only had the unit in the bag, a few glass pieces, and the Warm Hands Pro handout

BleuEyedGuy,
Reactions: Elfstone
Top Bottom