TinyMight / TM 2

beluga808

Why obv in my friend case and not mine?
Sorry, this was no offense :peace: I thought if your friend needs to use at least 9 or even 10 to get it working at all, then there's something wrong with the device. You mentioned that everything above 5 results in combustion, I was assuming that maybe the draw speed is too low (and therefore no issue with the dial setting or calibration).

And it's not draw speed. If I set my dial to 6 any draw speed will result in charring.
I'm not unhappy. I can step from 3 to 5 and I'm happy as is my mate.
But there is no way either of us could use 9 or 19 and this is on a new TM replacement (my mates).
Alright, then let's agree that we have different dial settings out there. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future, so that all are on the same page when there's a discussion about temperature / dial settings.
Most important point is that you can set the temperatures you like and you are happy :)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Sorry, this was no offense :peace: I thought if your friend needs to use at least 9 or even 10 to get it working at all, then there's something wrong with the device. You mentioned that everything above 5 results in combustion, I was assuming that maybe the draw speed is too low (and therefore no issue with the dial setting or calibration).

Alright, then let's agree that we have different dial settings out there. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future, so that all are on the same page when there's a discussion about temperature / dial settings.
Most important point is that you can set the temperatures you like and you are happy :)
No offense taken. Apologies if that came across. I was just confused.

He used to need 9 or 10 but with a new unit he uses 3 to 5.

It's strange that some users need 9 or 10 but others only 3 to 5.

Anyway, love my TM with all its nuisances and I would replace in a heartbeat.....
Thanks again for your thoughts....

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
He used to need 9 or 10 but with a new unit he uses 3 to 5.

It's strange that some users need 9 or 10 but others only 3 to 5.

I used to have to go to 7-8 to get good hits, then when I had to send my unit back for repairs, they obviously tinkered with it as now if I go above 4 or 5, there's a real chance of combustion. I mainly keep it at 3.

beluga808

I used to have to go to 7-8 to get good hits, then when I had to send my unit back for repairs, they obviously tinkered with it as now if I go above 4 or 5, there's a real chance of combustion. I mainly keep it at 3.
For me it sounds not correct. What's the reason to have a dial up to ten, when it combusts with more than 4 or 5. Are you planning to send it back again? Or do you keep it as it is?

Seantagon

I would think if it combust at any setting there would be something wrong with the device? Unless it also has the option for high temp dabbing, a vaporizer should not be combusting. Anyone using the TM for dabs? 🤷‍♂️

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Nearly all of my vapes can heat enough to combust if you push them. There is a wide variety of product you may want to put in them and the ability to get at least a little more heat than necessary is something I want in a vape. But you must be able to control it and keep it below combustion temps and even low flavor only temps as well. The TM is great on temp control from very low to very high. And it has the ability to adjust that range as well.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
With the TM, the temperature (the number itself) doesn't matter at all... what matters is a good hit and this is very variable from person to person. depends on several factors...on top of that with this wonderful device, we can calibrate the dial differently ourselves:clap: yes we can!
and in the other vapes the temperature (the number itself) also doesn't matter at all because they all work in different mode and the temperature is measured in different ways and places.:mental::cool:

AVB color defines everything:whip::myday:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Nicholas, the French supplier of tinymight glass stems and j hooks has sent me his latest creation, the 'spikes and twists giant tinymight stem'.

The twists are a new addition to his spiked stems. It consists of 3 reducers which funnel the air through a smaller port, presumably creating more distortion and cooling.

My pictures are rubbish and don't do justice to the workmanship put into these.

IMG_20210914_115022125.jpg

A twist between 2 rows of spikes.

IMG_20210914_115129754.jpg

The first twist is visible just above the TM body. Next in middle and last at top.

IMG_20210914_120340709.jpg

These are priced at 26.90 Euro.

Nicholas now supplies a solid silver basket screen with each stem and sells them for 2 for 2.99 or 10 for 9.99.
Anyone who has already bought a stem and would like a basket screen, please contact Nicholas directly.

My thoughts.
I think it looks great.

It performs great also.

Is it substantially better than his others?

Probably not. I can't notice much more cooling but then his stems are very effective at cooling already. There may be a subtle difference but it's not dramatic.

If I already had one of his spiked stems I wouldn't rush to buy this one although it is very pretty (I've bought all the coloured dynavap m 2019s cause they look good so who am I to say!).

If you are planning on buying your first, I would recommend this one as it only costs a few euros more.
They are all good but this one is slightly better.

An added bonus is when you blow out the abv, this stem whistles, so it could be used in emergency situations to alert rescuers to your location!

Usual link. Nicholas still hasn't updated his site despite gentle prodding but he will reply and is a genuine nice guy who speaks perfect English..

condition

Unfortunately this stem is straight and despite different size of spikes the mouth end gets hot after a while.

condition,
Reactions: BigJr48

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
A friend of mine got his TM with a Molicel p26a, as it is a 2600mah cell, shouldn't it perform not as well as the VTC6 3000mah? I know they are better for the TM than the VTC5A...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A friend of mine got his TM with a Molicel p26a, as it is a 2600mah cell, shouldn't it perform not as well as the VTC6 3000mah? I know they are better for the TM than the VTC5A...

My man! No because the Molicell has 35 amps, something about that really helps with the performance... I can get more bowls at the bottom of the charge than I can with the Sony, the Sony will tell you the battery is dead and not turn the device on while the Molicell can still get you a couple bowls... I've also heard the VTC 5A could be very good but I've never used that cell myself... Molicell also great in the Tetra btw, they are great for any single cell vape, but I still use VTC6 and LG HG2 for my FW7 since they have thinner wrapping. Moli's are also cheap!

condition

Not true...in my opinion...
Mines are 10cm long and are not flat in the mouth. Cools more than stock with cooling unit
I was comparing this stem with XL 3D stem from manufacturer, not with the stock CU. It's definitely cooling better than the stock CU

condition,

SquirrelMaster

I would think if it combust at any setting there would be something wrong with the device? Unless it also has the option for high temp dabbing, a vaporizer should not be combusting. Anyone using the TM for dabs? 🤷‍♂️
If a TM is combusting it's not calibrated correctly imo, HOWEVER some vapes have a concentrate mode which will combust flower so if you think of 10 being that mode then it could be considered ok. I use mine from level 3½-10 and although I can get it dark as hell on 10 it's not combusting and I don't feel a need to go higher. I rarely go past 7-8 anyways but to each their own.

BKR2311

Hey. Anyone have the instructions they used to increase the heat? I've tried many times and never worked. Got some from a reddit, emailed TM directly and tried it and didn't work, so I'm sure it's a weak heater. Gonna give it one last go though. Thanks

BKR2311,

SquirrelMaster

Hey. Anyone have the instructions they used to increase the heat? I've tried many times and never worked. Got some from a reddit, emailed TM directly and tried it and didn't work, so I'm sure it's a weak heater. Gonna give it one last go though. Thanks
They're in this thread, twice in fact I think but you'll have to do some searching.

SquirrelMaster,
Top Bottom