TinyMight / TM 2

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sorry, wasn't actually looking for some glass, just couldn't believe it was 15 bucks. I thought glass was alot more expensive, even with that diminutive size. I was more curious as to why I've never found anything on DH that sells only one thing at a time. I thought I was just doing it wrong. Well that's a relief, good to know I'm just a sad sack who's unlucky.
Don't buy that tiny green sipper bubbler as your first. The mouthpiece is small and awkward and the design will be difficult to empty and clean. A j-hook would make more sense for dry use and a small to medium bubbler would be better for something you hope to actually use with water.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Don't buy that tiny green sipper bubbler as your first. The mouthpiece is small and awkward and the design will be difficult to empty and clean. A j-hook would make more sense for dry use and a small to medium bubbler would be better for something you hope to actually use with water.

Haha they were not interested in buying it, they were just baffled how cheap it was for a single item on DHgate, also the mouthpiece is not small and awkward it is actually the best part lol, I just wished the whole thing was taller is all... Yes about the multi-chamber as I said though... However it does cool better than a basic hook at least ;)

BingBongBoing

Thinking about getting this as my first on-demand vape (currently my only vape is a second-hand HerbalAire from like 2008). I'm just a little bit scared of the possibility of needing to have my TinyMight repaired, although it looks like the RMA process has been working for most users in recent months in this thread. Well since I have a backup vape, maybe I should go ahead with this. :)

Shit Snacks

Thinking about getting this as my first on-demand vape (currently my only vape is a second-hand HerbalAire from like 2008). I'm just a little bit scared of the possibility of needing to have my TinyMight repaired, although it looks like the RMA process has been working for most users in recent months in this thread. Well since I have a backup vape, maybe I should go ahead with this. :)

Order it, don't be afraid, with any vape there's always the fear of getting a dud or having issues, if you are patient and have a backup that's never an issue though! And many of us have had no issues at all with our TM ('s) :tup:

Djsleepy

And to add to what @Shit Snacks said, we also can help you repair yourself ( I am not tech savvy but I can open my unit now after a few times taking it apart with no worries about getting back together) and have multiple pages in thread memorized.
But if you do need for medical The tinymight can’t be beat IMO.

Bazinga

The cooling unit right?
Yes
If you're thinking about the extra long from TM I'd advise you on french stems. you can configure them however you like and they have a lot more spikes. I have both. I've only used the one I posted higher up on this page. It cools the steam so much that I sometimes exaggerate the hit and come a real cough :rockon:
It appears that the references to "french" stems, unlike "french" fries are actually stems made in France. I don't want to order glass from overseas. If the extra long stem from TM will provide adequate cooling without the cooling units I would prefer this route. I assume that I do not need a WPA with this stem?

Shit Snacks

It appears that the references to "french" stems, unlike "french" fries are actually stems made in France. I don't want to order glass from overseas. If the extra long stem from TM will provide adequate cooling without the cooling units I would prefer this route. I assume that I do not need a WPA with this stem?

Correct you do not need WPA if you were going with the extra long stem from TM, but I think these French stems, and other J hook options, do offer more cooling by the way, right angle bends and more spikes help!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
If the extra long stem from TM will provide adequate cooling without the cooling units I would prefer this route.
Isn’t that overseas too? Unless you’re in Finland or Scandinavia. I want to checkout the site first as, like you, I’d like to order a stem and other TM-specific accessories soon. Maybe the fancy French ones - with more nipples?? - if I don’t order any glass from TM.

In other TM news, I accidentally blew out one of my small cup screens below the cooling unit. I can’t exactly recall but it was a few days ago, maybe last weekend. I’ve been doing without the screen all week. I still love the empty cooling unit sans nuts & washers and using lower temps and a couple of temp steps during the course of a load. I’m not a could chaser and it’s definitely less vapor this way than on higher temps but I’m enjoying my TM, every single time, all the same. Simply an amazing vape. TGIF to all, overseas or not or wherever you are, lol. :peace:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't use either of the 2 short CUs I have but if I ever run into a great deal on glass balls I will pick some up and replace the screws and nuts with them and give that a whirl. After all, who needs nipples if you have glass balls I always say. OK, maybe not always but sometimes...

SquirrelMaster

Out of all my portables, this would be HANDS DOWN the first I would re-order. It hits soft, it hits hard, the battery is easily swapped and the flavour is good. There isn't much to dislike imo. It's not OCD perfection in construction (light through bottom, aluminium caps scratch easily) and I'd recommend the @dzoinp screen mod as well, but then you have a small versatile device that can go for as long as you have batteries.
It generally benefits from a stir unless you start low and slowly work your way up (with a light pack), which is common with convection at higher temps. The flavour down low is just great, there's so much power. You can milk a bong with ease at higher temps.
There isn't that many owners that have issues, and even if you do the community is helpful.

I've been working out of town lately and the Tinymight is the only only device I bring with me. I'm dying for them to release another wood, something exotic, so I have a good reason to acquire a back-up.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I haven't posted much about the TM for a while. Honestly, how many time can you post how much you love your vape...:lol: I had mine for 18 months with no issues and it's still my go to vape. If I didn't have several others that I still enjoy using , I would problably grab it every time. fantastic Vape !!

florduh

I don't use either of the 2 short CUs I have but if I ever run into a great deal on glass balls I will pick some up and replace the screws and nuts with them and give that a whirl.

Staying under 6 with a short, ball-stuffed stem is just an out of this world flavor experience. It's a little warm, but not uncomfortable. The balls grab a lot of heat. For me, it's mostly the big blast of terps that can be a bit much. And you can cash a bowl just temp stepping starting at 4.

I haven't posted much about the TM for a while. Honestly, how many time can you post how much you love your vape...:lol: I had mine for 18 months with no issues and it's still my go to vape. If I didn't have several others that I still enjoy using , I would problably grab it every time. fantastic Vape !!

Yup. I've got a bunch of vapes, but I keep grabbing the TM. It works well doing little on demand hits natively. And just as well with massive bong rips. Extremely versatile.

Shit Snacks

I got my TM this week. I ordered it last week and it shipped on labor day. I also ordered the o-ring pack. They sent me a Molicel P26a and an extra glass heater lining. Also, no more wood coaster manual, mine is paper with a wood grain background. Cleaning it now…

Nice, that is awesome that they are now including Molicell P26A as the standard battery, as I said before those (and P28A) are still my all around favorite in the TM!

Seantagon

Can anyone tell me if there has been any updates to the build of the device recently? I read about problems with the power button not having any separation from circuit board, non insulated battery, screen breakage, haptic probs etc. Been on fence as well with this one.

Seantagon,
Reactions: cosimo

Vaporware

Can anyone tell me if there has been any updates to the build of the device recently? I read about problems with the power button not having any separation from circuit board, non insulated battery, screen breakage, haptic probs etc. Been on fence as well with this one.

They have made continuous small improvements, but some of these like the haptic feedback getting dislodged still get reported more than I’d like and I’m not sure whether they’ve changed the battery compartment at all or not. The electrical contacts still seem too easy to get dirty, but at least that’s a pretty easy fix.

On the other hand, the button has been improved, I don’t think screen issues are a common problem*, and customer service is much better/faster than it was early on.

If you’re still on the fence you can wait or try to ask them about planned improvements (if you/they can deal with the language barrier), but I haven’t heard anything about future changes and I don’t think anyone here knows which if any of the remaining issues will be addressed or whether they’re working on any major updates.

This is just my impression of what’s going on, but I think they’re only redesigning things that either are causing too many repair requests or that are obvious weak points once they run into someone like Djsleepy (who I think was the first to report here that he’d broken the button).

I was on the fence for a long time too, partly because of the design/build issues (which are mostly minor and have been improving) but even more because it was so hard to get support early on.

Today, if I had the extra money or a real need for this type of vaporizer right now I would just buy it. Most of my issues have been addressed, and the ones that haven’t could be fixed tomorrow, next year or never and I’m not sure the remaining issues are worth missing out on one of the best convection portables for anymore.

You have to decide what’s best for you though. If for example you live in a country where you can’t risk sending it back in for repairs if something goes wrong, I’d want to be confident I could fix minor issues with it myself or find a friend who could. Otherwise you can always just send it in for repairs if there are any problems or sell it if it just isn’t for you. I think they’re still selling fast on the used market.

*The screen above the heater could be secured better and does open up the possibility that you could push it into the heater, but that should only happen if you push something thinner than the stem down there. Most people who have had that problem were trying to use capsules that weren’t fully contained in the stem.

For people that are putting glass beads in the stem, how are you sealing them in?

I’ve seen people use the shell of the cooling unit or just extra screens. Those are probably the best options.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@Vaporware has said it all I think.
I can only emphasis that the customer service is much improved. I think they may have employed someone who has a better command of English to deal with any issues.
My UK based friend had a few issues and they were resolved quickly and efficiently imo.
There are also some great glass options now available. This is my favourite combo currently.....

IMG_20210912_103924217.jpg

Seantagon

They have made continuous small improvements, but some of these like the haptic feedback getting dislodged still get reported more than I’d like and I’m not sure whether they’ve changed the battery compartment at all or not. The electrical contacts still seem too easy to get dirty, but at least that’s a pretty easy fix.

On the other hand, the button has been improved, I don’t think screen issues are a common problem*, and customer service is much better/faster than it was early on.

If you’re still on the fence you can wait or try to ask them about planned improvements (if you/they can deal with the language barrier), but I haven’t heard anything about future changes and I don’t think anyone here knows which if any of the remaining issues will be addressed or whether they’re working on any major updates.

This is just my impression of what’s going on, but I think they’re only redesigning things that either are causing too many repair requests or that are obvious weak points once they run into someone like Djsleepy (who I think was the first to report here that he’d broken the button).

I was on the fence for a long time too, partly because of the design/build issues (which are mostly minor and have been improving) but even more because it was so hard to get support early on.

Today, if I had the extra money or a real need for this type of vaporizer right now I would just buy it. Most of my issues have been addressed, and the ones that haven’t could be fixed tomorrow, next year or never and I’m not sure the remaining issues are worth missing out on one of the best convection portables for anymore.

You have to decide what’s best for you though. If for example you live in a country where you can’t risk sending it back in for repairs if something goes wrong, I’d want to be confident I could fix minor issues with it myself or find a friend who could. Otherwise you can always just send it in for repairs if there are any problems or sell it if it just isn’t for you. I think they’re still selling fast on the used market.

*The screen above the heater could be secured better and does open up the possibility that you could push it into the heater, but that should only happen if you push something thinner than the stem down there. Most people who have had that problem were trying to use capsules that weren’t fully contained in the stem.

I’ve seen people use the shell of the cooling unit or just extra screens. Those are probably the best options.
Hey thanks for the thoughtful reply. It’s nice to know ppl are still loving this device despite a few shortcomings. The fact they are making improvements and providing customer service is a nice relief. I’ve been wanting a ted like this for along time. Was never satisfied with my firefly 2 for on demand action. Thanks again for the feedback. 🙌🏼

Bazinga

The power button on my TM is flush with the body and takes many attempts to turn on/off (mostly off). Is there an easy fix, or do I need to send it to TM for repairs?

Bazinga,
Top Bottom