TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I know this has come up before but how long should session mode last? I was under the impression it was 10 minutes but am I incorrect? Just started doing a little experimenting to with session mode and I'm not happy with my results 😡 my first attempt was this morning and my tinymight died before I was done, I was temp stepping and perhaps taking longer pauses then usual so I assumed maybe I spaced out but in the back of my head I was like this isn't right so I checked the battery and I had 2 buzzes. Thought maybe the battery was to low for session mode so I swapped it out for a fresh one and would test it again in a bit. When I did I looked at the clock as soon as I turned it on and started my session again but it died again before I was finished, so I looked at the clock and only 4 minutes went past. This time I was faster and thought perhaps I was too quick and put to much demand on it? So I let it cool off again and ran it empty with a timer later and it lasted almost exactly 5 minutes, is this really how long session mode is supposed to be? It doesn't seem long enough to do much temp stepping, really it's only long enough for 3-4 hits before dying, which I guess is okay if you're trying to quickly crush a bowl at 8-10 but for a leisurely temp stepping session it's to fast and seems kinda pointless if I have to turn it back on again. So I'm not very pleased with session mode time wise and is it just me or does the temperature seem less aggressive in session mode vs on demand? That one might be in my head, haven't done enough testing.

I would not use session mode to temp step like that, the way you are describing does sound horribly inefficient for battery at least... The way I use session is just to not have to hold down the button during a long hit, I use it at ~6 or above through water then turn it off near end of hit so I can clear it.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So I'm not very pleased with session mode time wise and is it just me or does the temperature seem less aggressive in session mode vs on demand?
I’ve opined previously that I think session mode is less tame and runs a bit hotter than on demand mode. However I primarily use on demand mode and natively too. I do temp step in on demand mode, usually between sessions. A session to me is turning on the Tinymight, do my business, and then turn it off. I get two sessions out of a load (not measured but approx deep a pack as the stock stem is wide); fresh load on lower temp and second session on higher temp. Rinse and repeat. I do recall 10 minutes being the session mode allotted time from previous posts (not mine obviously) but I’ve never experienced the timeout. Yeah, I wouldn’t likely temp step in sesh mode either but it’s possible of course. I occasionally might during an on demand session to adjust for pack, strain, etc but rarely. :peace:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I almost never use session mode, but it is indeed a bit tamer than on-demand on the same dial settings (that's what I have seen in several reviews too). I'm not even sure my (1st gen) unit has a shutoff timer, but that might have been introduced in later versions. I don't remember anyone mentioning such a short lived session mode, though.
So I'm not crazy about the change in vapour, good to know. It does seem laughably short, I seem to remember months back @RustyOldNail had similar questions about session time and I'm not sure he was ever satisfactorily answered.

My sessions are a minute long, I just have 2/3 puffs and kill my bowl into the WPA. I operate mostly with smallest possible bowls to be able to kill it in one session. Otherwise I find that the load gets cooked regardless by the heat of that thick glass.
My sessions are just like 2/3 hits without the need of pressing the button 3 times.
After using on demand the first couple of weeks, I now use session mode the whole time.
I believe you received your unit recently like me? Could you please please time how long your session timer lasts? I'm wondering if it's something I need to contact the manufacturer about but perhaps 5 minutes is the limit of newer tinymights

I would not use session mode to temp step like that, the way you are describing does sound horribly inefficient for battery at least...
My mistake I just assumed that would be ok, perhaps even one of the perks of session mode but if you're saying that not good for the battery or unit I will cease doing that as longevity is important to me and I don't want to damage anything. If session mode temp stepping is off the table seeing myself using it becomes less desirable

Shit Snacks

So I'm not crazy about the change in vapour, good to know. It does seem laughably short, I seem to remember months back @RustyOldNail had similar questions about session time and I'm not sure he was ever satisfactorily answered.

I believe you received your unit recently like me? Could you please please time how long your session timer lasts? I'm wondering if it's something I need to contact the manufacturer about but perhaps 5 minutes is the limit of newer tinymights

My mistake I just assumed that would be ok, perhaps even one of the perks of session mode but if you're saying that not good for the battery or unit I will cease doing that as longevity is important to me and I don't want to damage anything. If session mode temp stepping is off the table seeing myself using it becomes less desirable

I'm not saying it is bad per se, just less efficient. And yeah I think the TM extracts too quick to make it effective? Maybe if you packed a really big load and you didn't mind residual vapor getting everywhere, it could work nicely... I still wouldn't temp step during a session, but stay at one temp until turning off and on again, not sure if that is a reasonable concern however... I don't know if mine even has an auto shut off but 5 minutes sounds good, I don't think you should leave it on in session mode for longer than that for sure! The main use for the TM is on demand, it is still designed that way even with session mode it is not like session vapes, this one has got a lot of power!

justcametomind

@Bad Dog I got my unit pretty lately, a week earlier than DjSleepy. Sorry but I’m uncomfortable keeping my TM on for longer than 1 or 2 minutes. I don’t think that’s the way it should be used, I’m planning to use it as lightly as I can.
I already feel enough guilty when I forget it idle, in on-demand mode.
So Sorry GIF by memecandy

justcametomind,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

ephemera.cannon

What the deuce? I'm on week 3 of no responses, nada. First, the return request. Than an extremely polite email a few days later. 3rd email today which was ... direct.

Not sowing dissent but that's pretty f'n discouraging.

They must just be randomly selecting what to respond to. Blargh.

Marlox

What the deuce? I'm on week 3 of no responses, nada. First, the return request. Than an extremely polite email a few days later. 3rd email today which was ... direct.

Not sowing dissent but that's pretty f'n discouraging.

They must just be randomly selecting what to respond to. Blargh.
Sounds more like a email-filter to me?
Do you own another mail-adress that you can try to send a mail from?
Do you get that "sorry, we can't answer as fast as we'd like to"-autoresponse?

Marlox,

ephemera.cannon

Yes to the auto-responder email message.

I'm going to try sending another message in the best Finnish Google Translator can manage from an alternate email, after which I'm not investing additionally energy into this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
ephemera.cannon,

LabPong

We all have our interests, mine just happens to be the minimization of friction points, duplication IMO is a friction point, I personally can't stand it. But obviously, that is just my opinion, some people like to collect that's okay too.

Oh....gosh...no it is not collecting...I actually use them all. I am a med pain user.....I give my vapes a work out daily....many times. But I hate friction points like if one fails and I do not have a back up as well. So for me I am at peace knowing nothing will stop my medication. :tup:

Djsleepy

Oh....gosh...no it is not collecting...I actually use them all. I am a med pain user.....I give my vapes a work out daily....many times. But I hate friction points like if one fails and I do not have a back up as well. So for me I am at peace knowing nothing will stop my medication. :tup:
Yeah I’m the same way about not stopping my medicating; it’s great when some things come out and are new but it also sucks cuz you go thru all of the growth issues the company goes thru( and language difficulties).....
But nothing is like the TM , it’s been called a “Dope Cannon “ here. And that it is !

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Received my rbt stems :D And if Iwere a rbt guy I might be a little disappointed 😔 why? The id is quite a bit smaller than my first rbt stem, the basket screens that fit perfectly in the first are tight in the second, like so tight that if I don't use something the right diameter to get it back out it's likely to deform or crush. Like I said if I was a rbt guy I might be a bit mad about the purchase but since I'm a tinymight guy it has actually worked to my advantage 🤔 The smaller id means that the tinymight basket screens work in my second stem. Lucky me I bought 3 o ring kits that came with basket screens plus the additional 5 I bought so I'm set for the next little while. Sometimes life smiles down on you.

@justcametomind totally understand I fully intended to baby mine far more but it's just to dam good not to use

Shit Snacks

Received my rbt stems :D And if Iwere a rbt guy I might be a little disappointed 😔 why? The id is quite a bit smaller than my first rbt stem, the basket screens that fit perfectly in the first are tight in the second, like so tight that if I don't use something the right diameter to get it back out it's likely to deform or crush. Like I said if I was a rbt guy I might be a bit mad about the purchase but since I'm a tinymight guy it has actually worked to my advantage 🤔 The smaller id means that the tinymight basket screens work in my second stem. Lucky me I bought 3 o ring kits that came with basket screens plus the additional 5 I bought so I'm set for the next little while. Sometimes life smiles down on you.

@justcametomind totally understand I fully intended to baby mine far more but it's just to dam good not to use

Are they different color, clear and smoked glass? The variation is normal and not necessarily an issue for RBT vapes, since they use different screens in different places... Glad they are working for you!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

Tweakz

I know this has come up before but how long should session mode last? I was under the impression it was 10 minutes but am I incorrect? Just started doing a little experimenting to with session mode and I'm not happy with my results 😡 my first attempt was this morning and my tinymight died before I was done, I was temp stepping and perhaps taking longer pauses then usual so I assumed maybe I spaced out but in the back of my head I was like this isn't right so I checked the battery and I had 2 buzzes. Thought maybe the battery was to low for session mode so I swapped it out for a fresh one and would test it again in a bit. When I did I looked at the clock as soon as I turned it on and started my session again but it died again before I was finished, so I looked at the clock and only 4 minutes went past. This time I was faster and thought perhaps I was too quick and put to much demand on it? So I let it cool off again and ran it empty with a timer later and it lasted almost exactly 5 minutes, is this really how long session mode is supposed to be? It doesn't seem long enough to do much temp stepping, really it's only long enough for 3-4 hits before dying, which I guess is okay if you're trying to quickly crush a bowl at 8-10 but for a leisurely temp stepping session it's to fast and seems kinda pointless if I have to turn it back on again. So I'm not very pleased with session mode time wise and is it just me or does the temperature seem less aggressive in session mode vs on demand? That one might be in my head, haven't done enough testing.
I also noticed that on demand mode is a little more powerful

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I wasn't even aware there WAS a session timer. The one time I remember not turning it off (in session mode) it ran until the battery stopped producing.

I usually take a couple flavor hits in on demand mode off a new stem at between 3 and 4 depending on the strain. Then I put it on glass, turn it up to 7 or so and take 2 or 3 (or 4) hits in session mode. That usually has done in the load but if not I may turn it up to 8 or 9 for the finish.

Bad Dog

Are they different color, clear and smoked glass?
Yes my first was from a splinter kit and clear, while the two new ones are smoked or at least I'm assuming both are I didn't unwrap the third and put it in storage. The one smoked stem I did open is a little chunkier and I have to adjust the main o ring tightness looser than my first rbt stem or tm stem. It's a totally happy accident that the tinymight basket screens work so well in the smoked stem, I'm very pleased 😁 I did notice that even the rimed rbt basket screens don't fit well in the 18 connection which is where it goes if I were using it rbt style correct?

edit delta 3d studios 18650 battery covers fit the tinymight stems nicely and they come in packs of two perfect for a pre loaded stem on the go
8891EEE7-9FBE-42DB-9D9D-DC63B5EA49D7.jpeg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yes my first was from a splinter kit and clear, while the two new ones are smoked or at least I'm assuming both are I didn't unwrap the third and put it in storage. The one smoked stem I did open is a little chunkier and I have to adjust the main o ring tightness looser than my first rbt stem or tm stem. It's a totally happy accident that the tinymight basket screens work so well in the smoked stem, I'm very pleased 😁 I did notice that even the rimed rbt basket screens don't fit well in the 18 connection which is where it goes if I were using it rbt style correct?

edit delta 3d studios 18650 battery covers fit the tinymight stems nicely and they come in packs of two perfect for a pre loaded stem on the go
View attachment 3550

Yeah so the smoked glass is notably thicker than the clear glass, and there is variance in all glass, also in some of the rimmed screens, which can also be pressed to stretch a bit, but I also have old rimless RBT screens myself which I prefer and use with my RBT stems in the TM... Anyway glad the purchases are working out for you so well!

Bad Dog

Yeah so the smoked glass is notably thicker than the clear glass, and there is variance in all glass, also in some of the rimmed screens, which can also be pressed to stretch a bit, but I also have old rimless RBT screens myself which I prefer and use with my RBT stems in the TM... Anyway glad the purchases are working out for you so well!
I was lucky enough to grab rimless 2 from vgoodiez a year ago hoping they might work in my Ditanium (no go btw) and he also sent 5 rimmed of which I've cut the rim off one so I have a few screens for my clear rbt stem but do prefer the rimless. As for the fit of the rimmed screens in the smoke stem it's so tight in the connection that I couldn't fully seat the screen pushing as hard as I could with my thumb and actually bent down the rim on two sides from the pressure. Definitely seems like it was ment to be a tinymight wpa.

My mom just had her first tinymight bong session and it went surprisingly well. She was a little intimidated by the bong at first and a little gun shy from her Dynavap experience but she came thorough it like a champ 🤘 At first I thought it would be best if I charged the bong for her then she could take a couple small puffs, I left the tinymight attached to increase draw restriction so she would have a harder time clearing it in one go but she pretty much did anyway and got a pretty big rip but didn't cough and she was all like that was so smooth and I was all like victory! She asked how to do it herself so I told her how and she took a even bigger rip and was fine so she took one more and then had a small cough but nothing like how she is hitting it dry no matter how low the temp. So it looks like my third stem in storage might be spoken for and I find myself in a pickle, now I need to get her a bong. What are people's favourite water options? I like my knock off stereo matrix but I'm not sure it's enough water for her but it does have the advantage of being able to see the cloud building which she really appreciated, her biggest problem hitting it dry is she's not sure when it's producing vapour and either goes to small or to big and coughs, I also like that there isn't a detachable down stem to accidentally fall out when emptying, she's still new to all this and the simplest solutions will serve her best. If I get her the stepped wpa then I could get her something like a mega globe, might be ideal sitting on her night stand sitting in bed using the whip.

Djsleepy

9,5 of daily use and my tinymight still work like a charm . no fluctuations or performance degradation 🤘🔥
@Tweakz youre killing me man lol !!! It’s good to hear that, but wait till I get mine back lol! Looking forward to session mode and babying button !

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Tweakz

bgrpph

Last night my 2nd TinyMight,received end of Sept, stopped producing any heat. The temperature button seemed weird for awhile now & the stops at highest & lowest temperature did not work- the temp control just keeps turning around -with no stops- the stops are not there at all and the unit does not heat up.
I submitted a return request thru the TinyMight site to get a return label a few weeks ago as the battery cap threads are messed up but have heard nothing back. Today I submitted a 2nd return request do to broken temperature control- that just keeps turning around with no stops & unit has no heat.
We'll see how long it takes to get a response or label. My 1st unit is still working fine- after i took it apart & fixed the sporatic working haptic feedback piece that had come out of the silicone holder.

SquirrelMaster

9,5 of daily use and my tinymight still work like a charm . no fluctuations or performance degradation 🤘🔥
I'm going to purposely stop cleaning the battery cap and see if anything happens but it was good for the first however many months and has been flawless since its arrival in February.

I just pulled it out with a J-hook I was able to score from VapeCritic a couple weeks back (You're the man Bud!) and figured I'd start slow for my first bowl of the day.

I check the temperature, it's at 4.
I start draw and BOOM!, the DopeCannon hits me!
"That was incredibly strong for 4." I think.
The bowl is looking pretty dark, though no burn ring.
I start my next draw and then stop, flip it over and confirm it was actually at level 10. :doh:

That's either the second or third time I've done that now :lol:.

Tweakz

I'm going to purposely stop cleaning the battery cap and see if anything happens but it was good for the first however many months and has been flawless since its arrival in February.

I just pulled it out with a J-hook I was able to score from VapeCritic a couple weeks back (You're the man Bud!) and figured I'd start slow for my first bowl of the day.

I check the temperature, it's at 4.
I start draw and BOOM!, the DopeCannon hits me!
"That was incredibly strong for 4." I think.
The bowl is looking pretty dark, though no burn ring.
I start my next draw and then stop, flip it over and confirm it was actually at level 10. :doh:

That's either the second or third time I've done that now :lol:.
bro, I always move at level 10. and always great results. for all the time I cleaned the battery compartment 3 times. it seems to me that it does not need deep frequent cleaning.

Top Bottom