Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

CuttyBuddy

Hey guys, sorry if i'm off topic but I can't really stay and read the thread my girl is calling me to hurry up and eat. Been so busy lately. Just finished a review of the Thermovape Evolution LV cart. Was told by OF and Thermovape it would work fine with my Joyetech ego-t. Well...

Modnote. Removed. Affiliate links and related sites are not welcome.

CuttyBuddy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Cutty,we discussed using the Ego style batteries early on, and found that the Evo does not works so well with that style of battery. Also there is warm up technique with the Evo. Really you should just read this thread fully, to get the real info on how to use your Evo.

OF

Was told by OF and Thermovape it would work fine with my Joyetech ego-t. Well...

Cutty,we discussed using the Ego style batteries early on, and found that the Evo does not works so well with that style of battery. Also there is warm up technique with the Evo. Really you should just read this thread fully, to get the real info on how to use your Evo.

CB,

I'm very sorry if I told you that was a good idea, I don't think it is. Are you sure you're not confusing DART and Evolution? DART will work OK but it's half the power of Evolution. At ten Watts, DART is pushing that little supply, 20 is sure to get it to shutdown to some level. Unfortunately my LV Evolution is out on loan so I can't tell you by how much. I suspect it folds back at about 3 Amps?

If your supply is the 'upgrade' version (the one I recommend) it will probably do better in unregulated mode (also necessary to get better performance with DART). If it's the old model (regulated only) DART will be cooler but should still produce vapor.

As Jam points out, pushing the button and hitting it is not the proper technique for Evolution even driven with a proper supply. It's a 3 step process. You need a preheat step (maybe 20 seconds) without any pull followed by a steady load heating pull (step 2) before you finally get vapor (confirmed with a 'test puff'). There's an outside chance that with a long enough step 1 you might be able to get some vapor out of this configuration, but like I said I can't test it and it's not a good idea nor going to be very rich production if it does work.

Again, I'm sorry if I said that unit will drive Evolution, can you show me where I did that? TIA

OF

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.

OF

Slam video aside, this might help clear things up a bit as far as what was said here on FC:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-g-pen-by-grenco-science.5408/page-9#post-280607

Thanks very much, that post clearly says something different (as I'd hope I do every time, I know better than to tell the fellow "it would work fine with my (his) Joyetech ego-t"). That doesn't prove, of course, that I didn't screw up elsewhere of course (which needs to be resolved I think). If so, I'd like very much to find and correct that bad advice.

It seems when asked directly, the above quoted advice was NOT what I said? At least not then. I'm also very worried that TV is accused of the same lame advice. That will be harder to resolve I'm afraid and is a dire accusation indeed IMO, accusing them of lying to get sales. Bad Karma.

As Paul Simon once said so well, "still a man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest".

For the record, this is a bad idea IMO and not to be recommended. It should not (and it seems does not) work. I'm trying to get my LV Evolution back so I can test it.

Thanks for the link, it makes much more sense to me than post 2751.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Hey guys, sorry if i'm off topic but I can't really stay and read the thread my girl is calling me to hurry up and eat. Been so busy lately. Just finished a review of the Thermovape Evolution LV cart. Was told by OF and Thermovape it would work fine with my Joyetech ego-t. Well...

In our first testing of the Evolution we tried it on every 510 and 601 threaded battery we had to get some baseline numbers. The Ego style batteries were never enough to fully use it due to it getting so hot, the timeout also was a MAJOR limiting factor of the Evolutions use on an Ego style battery.

Slam video aside, this might help clear things up a bit as far as what was said here on FC:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-g-pen-by-grenco-science.5408/page-9#post-280607

Looks like you were told the correct advice....

Cutty could you shoot me an e-mail tim@thermovape.com I have an idea to get you going in an ego sized battery that will work with the Evolution-LV that you already have.

Cheers,

Tim

CuttyBuddy

In our first testing of the Evolution we tried it on every 510 and 601 threaded battery we had to get some baseline numbers. The Ego style batteries were never enough to fully use it due to it getting so hot, the timeout also was a MAJOR limiting factor of the Evolutions use on an Ego style battery.

Cutty could you shoot me an e-mail tim@thermovape.com I have an idea to get you going in an ego sized battery that will work with the Evolution-LV that you already have.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks for all the reply's. Really appreciate the help. This definitely is not a slam video. It's a video from a guy who wants hits Cartridge to work properly. That's all.

Sadly, today I took a trip to Vapor Spot LA to pick up a variable temp Joyeyech to see if I could get her working with more power...and much to my chagrin, it did not work either. I wasn't able to pull any considerable vapor AT ALL.

I spent about $150 from Thermovape and am unable to use any of what I got. I bought the revolution Dart spec. It straight up won't work. I used it with my small joyetech and at first, it gave out a bit of flavor then seems to just die. It wouldn't get hot at all.

Then the mouth conditioner. Which won't be conditioning much till we get something to work.

I'm open to try other things to get it to work. Heck I would have even bought the Thermovape body. But at this point I don't want to sink anymore money in.

Ok Tim, thanks I'll hit you up today.

CuttyBuddy,

don74y3

CB,

I'm very sorry if I told you that was a good idea, I don't think it is. Are you sure you're not confusing DART and Evolution? DART will work OK but it's half the power of Evolution. At ten Watts, DART is pushing that little supply, 20 is sure to get it to shutdown to some level. Unfortunately my LV Evolution is out on loan so I can't tell you by how much. I suspect it folds back at about 3 Amps?

If your supply is the 'upgrade' version (the one I recommend) it will probably do better in unregulated mode (also necessary to get better performance with DART). If it's the old model (regulated only) DART will be cooler but should still produce vapor.

As Jam points out, pushing the button and hitting it is not the proper technique for Evolution even driven with a proper supply. It's a 3 step process. You need a preheat step (maybe 20 seconds) without any pull followed by a steady load heating pull (step 2) before you finally get vapor (confirmed with a 'test puff'). There's an outside chance that with a long enough step 1 you might be able to get some vapor out of this configuration, but like I said I can't test it and it's not a good idea nor going to be very rich production if it does work.

Again, I'm sorry if I said that unit will drive Evolution, can you show me where I did that? TIA

OF

I the same have issues with this cart!! i tried my LAMBO lavatube v2 all the way up to 6.0 volts and slight glow!!! I also tried the LV cart with LV from 3.0 to 6.0 with no vapor AT ALL!!

Next twisted universal adapter and put it on my PERSEI and it glows but no vapor!! i can taste!!! but really very slight vapor!!!

any tips?

don74y3,

don74y3

Cheers,

Tim

y dont u let us all know!!

don74y3,

OF

I the same have issues with this cart!! i tried my LAMBO lavatube v2 all the way up to 6.0 volts and slight glow!!! I also tried the LV cart with LV from 3.0 to 6.0 with no vapor AT ALL!!

Next twisted universal adapter and put it on my PERSEI and it glows but no vapor!! i can taste!!! but really very slight vapor!!!

any tips?

You're trying to run an Evolution? That is not a Revolution/DART? If so, you're up against the current limit of the LT if you're using the LV version. I got my LV Evolution back today, I'll do some testing (if I don't forget.....) and confirm the numbers but you've basically got the same issue going on I think, can't deliver enough power to heat properly. Persei should do OK (I'll test that too), but the voltage drops make it run awfully cool as I recall.

Sorry to put you off, but I really want to test it all out carefully. Please confirm it's a Evolution and you're using 3.7 Volts on the Persei. TIA.

Also, please remind me if I don't post some useful information in a day or two? Thanks.

y dont u let us all know!!

I'm sure they will if there's anything of value to the rest of us to pass on. Right now the goal should rightly be getting the OP up and running. Then we can see if there's any lessons there for us. Tim can do that best off line I think?

For now I suggest we treat you as a separate case as at least some of the issues are different?

OF

OF,

Bart

I've found the tv power supply to be better for running tvs attachments.
The persei works ok. Now for a list of ecig units that don't work well at all
Provari
Lava tube
Ego twist
Ego t
vmax
The timeout is a pain in the tail and internal resistance just doesn't allow power to flow fast enough.
You really need something capable of a five amp limit.
And only a few custom ecig mods can handle the load.
And they cost more than tv supply.
Tv has done an excellent job of matching their supplies to the attachments intended.
You simply can't put a ford transmission in a Chevrolet and expect it to work

Provari
Lava tube
Ego twist
Ego t
vmax
The timeout is a pain in the tail and internal resistance just doesn't allow power to flow fast enough.
Tv has done an excellent job of matching their supplies to the attachments intended.

I've never tried the t1 or evo on my Provari, but I know for sure that the dart works great on the Provari as well as the ego twist.

Edit: I don't even know how I would connect the t1 core to a 510, haha.

UpUpandAway,

Bart

I was thinking of the evolution. I could see the dart working if you can get a good button timing around the timeout.

Bart,

don74y3

Provari
Lava tube
Ego twist
Ego t
vmax

i hear u on that! but when i called i was told that my persei would work FINE as stated on there site!!!
Them being experts in there own products Zeke or ZeeK should have told me not to buy!! it wont work!!! i to feel like i wasted my 60 bones!! So now what u are sayn!! someone out of company that it wont work!! well i agree! But still, i should have been told otherwise! And thank u i dont have to worry or try on other batteries!

don74y3,

don74y3

i hear u on that! but when i called i was told that my persei would work FINE as stated on there site!!!
Them being experts in there own products Zeke or ZeeK should have told me not to buy!! it wont work!!! i to feel like i wasted my 60 bones!! So now what u are sayn!! someone out of company that it wont work!! well i agree! But still, i should have been told otherwise! And thank u i dont have to worry or try on other batteries!

BUT THATS WEIRD I GOT A REPLY FROM THEM ASKING THE SPECS IM USING AS IF IT MAY WORK SO I STILL HAVE FINGERS CROSSED!

don74y3,

don74y3

You're trying to run an Evolution? That is not a Revolution/DART? If so, you're up against the current limit of the LT if you're using the LV version. I got my LV Evolution back today, I'll do some testing (if I don't forget.....) and confirm the numbers but you've basically got the same issue going on I think, can't deliver enough power to heat properly. Persei should do OK (I'll test that too), but the voltage drops make it run awfully cool as I recall.

Sorry to put you off, but I really want to test it all out carefully. Please confirm it's a Evolution and you're using 3.7 Volts on the Persei. TIA.

Also, please remind me if I don't post some useful information in a day or two? Thanks.

I'm sure they will if there's anything of value to the rest of us to pass on. Right now the goal should rightly be getting the OP up and running. Then we can see if there's any lessons there for us. Tim can do that best off line I think?

For now I suggest we treat you as a separate case as at least some of the issues are different?

OF

OF

NOT THE DART!!! and yes persei with 3.7 volts

don74y3,

Bart

Evo Lv works on persei just not aas fast as on tv's supply. Let it warm for about 45 seconds before test puff. If producing then let it rip. If not test puff on 10--15 second intervals.

Bart,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Truly the SV EVO does not work in the persei. Unless you get better batteries than what is listed on the D9 site (the green ones are just too weak). LV may be another story. No LV experience. Looking into getting an LV DART for the Persei, unless the Herc drops real soon.

Porquiplane,

OF

NOT THE DART!!! and yes persei with 3.7 volts
BUT THATS WEIRD I GOT A REPLY FROM THEM ASKING THE SPECS IM USING AS IF IT MAY WORK SO I STILL HAVE FINGERS CROSSED!
Evo Lv works on persei just not aas fast as on tv's supply. Let it warm for about 45 seconds before test puff. If producing then let it rip. If not test puff on 10--15 second intervals.

Thanks for the confirmation, Don. Lots of confusion going on. Near as I can call it is DART is OK on Persei with a good battery and fresh charge, but it's still pretty lame against the intended TV supply. Evolution is, as Bart suggests, even more marginal. It will eventually give you some vapor (at least it did me) but it calls for keeping the button down a LONG time (which I have trouble doing). The half a volt or so advantage in the TV supply is sorely missed. I can't really recommend doing this. Evolution (and I suspect Bender) needs a lot of power, which is why I suspect D9 is not offering a LV version of the Bender?

Anyway, to run LV Evolution I'd recommend the TV supply, I don't think you'll be happy with Persei trying to drive it. Perhaps that's what's behind TV's questions?

Good luck finding a useful solution, but I don't think this one will make you very happy for long.

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
Yea it is. I am using it direct UFO style with an Alpha Ultra, and I'm having trouble keeping it from combusting. When you get it right, it's a powerhouse. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them! I'm wondering if it's just too powerful to use without the sleeve...

i have yet to NOT combust with my HP LV Evo going the direct connect route (no sleeve).

when assembled back to stock, with the sleeve, its not combusting much at all. it will still combust, but only if you lay on the switch for too long. once you get the timing down your in business.

i have come to find that the Evo (in either reg LV or HP LV) just do not produce big clouds. they produce decent vapor and medicate very well, but don't expect giant rips from them like you see with the INH, Pax, or Solo IMO. it is still my go to portable and will be until the news from TV regarding the V2 devices.

2clicker,
Reactions: OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yea it is. I am using it direct UFO style with an Alpha Ultra, and I'm having trouble keeping it from combusting. When you get it right, it's a powerhouse. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them! I'm wondering if it's just too powerful to use without the sleeve...
I have found that if getting too much heat there's a possible technique change I adhere to which makes this work for you. The main thing is less "low flow" time at the start. I found if air draw is fast there will be no combustion as this cools down the element and also draws the heat up higher into the chamber. (a good thing) So I go from no flow warm up to a very short low flow (maybe 1-2 seconds) then kick it up to where I'm comfortable it won't combust. I have found the point between the "low flow" to "comfortable flow" is the danger zone for combustion and is where mistakes happen if not concentrating. Like slowing down instead of speeding up the flow, which is the automatic human instinct when feeling the heat.

:2c:
Pipes

jambandphan03

in flavor country
would pulsing the switch at the point where you might get combustion help, along with the stronger draw? I am very close to picking one of these up, but still waiting a bit longer. I am hoping to combine it w/ the Ultra or does it still get too hot for that one?

Nic

I also had more trouble getting uniform ABV as I recall, do you see that as well? A useful tradeoff, but as you suggest perhaps too powerful for some.

I have had some trouble getting uniform ABV, but my biggest problem is getting full on smoke clouds when I don't feather the switch properly. It can happen with a fresh battery within 30 seconds. I'm loving the quick warmup time, but it sure is touchy. Definitely the Evo on "hard mode". The rewards are there though, I've seen them...

Also thanks to Pipes and Jam, I haven't given up on this little sucker yet! I need to experiment with the pulsing and the draw speed some more.

To Jam: It gets hot with the Ultra, but it works fine as a one hitter. Two max. After two, you'll definitely be wanting to put it down.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
gosh it's hard trying not to spend money. I still keep doing it anyway. Dang it!! I will probably get one of those juiced up Evo's soon. Do you think adding a screen in the bottom would help with the combustion?

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

Nic

I had considered this but have yet to try it, as I already am sparse for room when using a UFO. Now that its has come up again I think I will try that next time I fire it up.

Nic,
Top Bottom