Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Give us a ring when you can, zeki is going to wait for your call to get this sorted out. 888-420-VAPE

Cheers,
Tim

Thank you Tim,
The replacement shipped but I never received the tracking info. I was worried I was going to have to wait another week. Zeki gave me the tracking number and it should be here tomorrow. Now I have something to look forward too.

Thanks again Tim & Zeki

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
I received my HP LV core yesterday and must say it is a big improvement. 15-20 sec warmup and 5 sec in between hits. Vapor production was much better and no combustion. I normally switch batteries in the middle of the session so the batteries don't get so hot but I was able to finish the session on one battery. I need to play with this new core some more but I am very happy so far.

CuttyBuddy

I just answered that the other place you asked......

OF

I appreciate that bud but maybe somebody else knows like the CEO?

I love the information around here but a lot of you guys seem to be on your period more often than my lady.

I don't have a lot of time to dig around on here during the day so yes, I'm looking for some quick answers.

I do appreciate the help and if I can return the favor I will.

CuttyBuddy,

OF

I appreciate that bud but maybe somebody else knows like the CEO?

I love the information around here but a lot of you guys seem to be on your period more often than my lady.

I don't have a lot of time to dig around on here during the day so yes, I'm looking for some quick answers.

I do appreciate the help and if I can return the favor I will.

OK, look. First off I don't really care for the characterization of 'a lot of you guys', we're not really here to amuse you nor do your bidding.

Secondly, there is a rule against asking the same question in different places, it's to avoid us unimportant people wasting our time and bandwidth:

"No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations."

You know where you asked as well, I posted a carefully thought out answer for you there, go find it or not, your call.

Staying polite and following the rules is plenty by way of 'returning the favor', thank you very much.

OF

CuttyBuddy

How did I know I would be receiving this? I would have bet $$. With all due respect I hope posting on forums is your job.

Let's talk vaporizers.

CuttyBuddy,

Bart

Hi OF
You my friend have the patience of JOB. I'd have gotten banned for my reply.
Either that or you have better meds than me.
I personally thank you for the shared wisdom.
I have gotten much more enjoyment from both my TV and d9 products by following yours and others well thought out advice.
By the way. Digging around is much easier if you use the f--king search feature. Just thought I'd mention the obvious.

On a side note. Quick evaparation can be done with a heat pad and safer than double boiler. and fan if sunshine ia unavailable.
I know that was random but so am I

OF

I personally thank you for the shared wisdom.
I have gotten much more enjoyment from both my TV and d9 products by following yours and others well thought out advice.

Thank you very much, Bart, it is much appreciated. As I've said from time to time I'm happy to help folks out when I can and firmly believe it's important to work on problems lest good folks slip back into combustion. If the goal here is health, blazing seems like the wrong way to go.

I think you hit it squarely with the 'others' part. It's very much a community effort. Lots of white hats on this here forum contributing in so many ways. Had they not existed when I happened along less than two years back I'd have found what I wanted and moved on long ago. Their repeated willingness to help the new guys along impressed me, still does. Generally speaking you can't pay for that level of concern, let alone have volunteers freely offer it.

The saying goes "it only takes a few", but I think it does take a few (at least). The process needs that to work well. A 'checks and balances' deal if you will. I mean guys like NDA, BDV, Vitolo and the rest keep me honest (and the other way around) buy watching the details so Forum Members can trust what they read here. Factual mistakes are found, identified and fixed within minutes usually. When a subjective topic (like say 'what grind is best?') comes up many of 'the usual suspects' can be counted on to present a good spectrum of opinions and experience. In a civil manner, often with humor added in as well. In a timely manner and for free. How cool is that?

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words. I'll take credit for a few of them maybe, but I'm just the one singled out this time. As Firesign Theater once famously said "We're all Bozos on this bus".

OF

Nic

I received my HP LV core yesterday and must say it is a big improvement. 15-20 sec warmup and 5 sec in between hits. Vapor production was much better and no combustion. I normally switch batteries in the middle of the session so the batteries don't get so hot but I was able to finish the session on one battery. I need to play with this new core some more but I am very happy so far.

Just ordered one of these. Been using the original direct-UFO style with an Alpha Ultra like a one-hitter. Very excited about saving 20-25 seconds on my warm-up! It'll keep me happy until the T2 in unveiled.

Nic,
Just got my Thermovape Evolution and I like it so much I decided to make an account post here. I have been using the MLFB for awhile now and love it but I got kinda board of it and wanted to try a new portable vape. The reason I chose the Evolution is because I already have a nice ecig mod (puresmoker prodigy v3) The mod uses two 3v lithium iron battery's and has no fancy electronics to control voltage or amperage so I figured it would work great and it does. The evolution fits perfectly on the ecig mod even though its 510 connection is reccesed slightly (some jumbo carts don't fit). I attached a 510 extender that I ordered just encase to try to reduce the heat getting to the batteries however its not making much of a difference. The nice things about this mod is that its all mechanical, has a button on the bottom that can lock in the off position, and is well built out of stainless steel. The mod however dose get a bit hot but not to hot to handle. I am just a bit worried that the heat will damage or destroy the batteries prematurely.
what I am asking is if anyone has had success in building a heatsink for the evolution? I am thinking of adding another 510 extender and then wraping the extenders with copper wire. I am also considering wraping the mod with leather string mainly for looks but also for grip and heat reduction.

here is a picture of my vape so far.

PureSmoker's Prodigy V3 + Thermovape Evolution with the 510 extender

Yotrx.jpg

Thewall420,

OF

The reason I chose the Evolution is because I already have a nice ecig mod (puresmoker prodigy v3) The mod uses two 3v lithium iron battery's and has no fancy electronics to control voltage or amperage so I figured it would work great and it does.

Did you mean Lithium Ion batteries (there are no Li Iron to my knowledge)? That is 3.7 Volts nominal rechargeables like 18350s? If so, that's too much for the device. SV is 6.0 Volts, not 7.4 (actually closer to 8.4 when freshly charged.

It seems to come LV (with 17670s) which is great for LV evolutions. RCR123As (LiPFO4s) or 'one shot' 123s (3.0 Volts) are fine for SV, but 7.4 it too much.

OF

OF,
I am using RCR123A LiPFO4s I believe that is lithium iron they are rated at 3v each but fully charged they are a bit over. I am not using the low resistance evolution, hopefully it does't burn out because its working really well.

Thewall420,

OF

I am using RCR123A LiPFO4s I believe that is lithium iron they are rated at 3v each but fully charged they are a bit over. I am not using the low resistance evolution, hopefully it does't burn out because its working really well.

Yup, they're the OK ones. They're 'the ticket' for SV use, you should be fine with a SV Evolution (no 'LV' engraved on the bottom button).

Enjoy.

OF

OF,
Yup, they're the OK ones. They're 'the ticket' for SV use, you should be fine with a SV Evolution (no 'LV' engraved on the bottom button).

Enjoy.

OF
The Prodigy line is made in TN, and uses the same 17670 or pair of (R)CR123As as the TV current large handle. All mechanical and seems very well made out of steel.

Thewall420 is correct that the batteries are "Lithium Iron" - more specifically they use "Lithium Ferrous Phosphate" as the positive electrode; This is why the are sometimes called "LFP". Also LiFePO4.
The typical "Lithium" cell uses "Lithium Cobalt Oxide" - Often written as "LCO". Also LiCoO2.
"IMR" cells usually use "Lithium Manganese Oxide". - Often written as "LMO". Also LiMn2O4.. Some Panasonic cells are often sold as "IMR" but have a different chemistry.

What is important to recognize to understand the chemistry is that in each case the other metal used is capable of multiple oxidation states (e.g. ferrous vs. ferric), and exactly one "reduced" atom is in each of these, allowing the Lithium to pick up an electron while the co-metal changes its state by exchanging a single electron.

-NDA

Has any one tried adding some kinda of extension so the evolution can hold more herb? Also can someone recommend a new tip for the evo that's a bit longer and non metallic so it will cool down the vapor a bit more.

Thewall420,

hanfhead

is high
Has any one tried adding some kinda of extension so the evolution can hold more herb? Also can someone recommend a new tip for the evo that's a bit longer and non metallic so it will cool down the vapor a bit more.

I was about to ask them if they would make a longer custom one because I use it sleeveless with a ufo mouthpiece. I decided against it because it probably wouldn't cook the whole thing without stirring and it is too narrow to stir. And then I got a T1 and it is perfect. A little bigger bowl, and the head is cone shaped so it can be stirred or shaken. And easier to pack/unpack.

hanfhead,

OF

Most guys seem to have worked on smaller loads. In theory I guess you could use the cover to extend the height?? The problem I see is you'd then risk running out of heat for the increased mass.

My personal 'take' is the bowl size is darn near ideal. If it was say as big as T1 you might need a 30 Watt heater like T1, not a 20 Watt one like Evolution.

TV makes a longer mouthpiece but I didn't find it much use:
http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-mouthpiece-black-long-version

You can also add some silicone tube.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I found an interesting device which I think we talked about the concept before.
Where in using a USB supply to power our TV devices. Now that TV has improved their 3.7 volt units, this might be a workable unit.
Looking for OF to give some input here.
joye_510_passthrough(3).jpg

It is a 510 USB pass-through with a battery buffer. For $12.95 including the battery, it's a great deal.
VapourSolutions
or if you prefer a bronzy colour for $12.99
VaporAlley

I think I'd still be leery about plugging into my laptop but that would depend on what kind of over current protection is in the charging circuit. Maybe OF can voice an opinion?
Let the fun continue,
Pipes

Pipes,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
No details in either listing about current ratings, but the first one (that you have pictured) mentions the battery is 360mAh. It's also the size of an AAA battery, indicating it's probably a 10440. My Alpha UltraLite uses an IMR10440 battery and it's no where near enough to power an Evo core for more than a couple of hits; maybe. Even the new core.

Without knowing more about how the gizmo works plugged in (e.g., can it feed power from both the battery and the USB connection at the same time), I can't say for sure, but my guess is that this might work for a LV Revo/DART/AVA core, but not likely for a LV Evo core.

OF

Hey guys, I found an interesting device which I think we talked about the concept before.

Where in using a USB supply to power our TV devices. Now that TV has improved their 3.7 volt units, this might be a workable unit.

I think I'd still be leery about plugging into my laptop but that would depend on what kind of over current protection is in the charging circuit. Maybe OF can voice an opinion?

Opinion? How about 'great find' for an opinion? Once again, Pipes is there first. I recall the discussion, and indeed was thinking of reviving my attempt to do the same thing in the PA shell I got from TV a bit ago (I had some trouble figuring out how to get a battery holder in there and got sidetracked). Now I'll just have to order one of these guys and try it out. I'm betting it would benefit from a battery upgrade (like to IMR?) and share Pipe's fears that it may either kill your laptop's battery or take for ever to charge back up?

Something to add to the list of fun stuff to look into. I gotta wonder if the same site has other treasures?

Thanks again, Pipes, you keep it from getting dull for sure.

Without knowing more about how the gizmo works plugged in (e.g., can it feed power from both the battery and the USB connection at the same time), I can't say for sure, but my guess is that this might work for a LV Revo/DART/AVA core, but not likely for a LV Evo core.

I think you're on the right track. Only one way to really know for sure, get the rascal in hand, hook it up to the test fixture and a USB supply and start the inquisition. Might even get it to tell us where Jimmy Hoffa really is? Lucky I know just the fool to volunteer for that duty......

OF

Edit: OK I tried to buy one, they won't take my money. I get "here's no payment options available to your address. Please check the entered address and try again." Beats me what's up with that.......

Maybe it's not meant to be? Time for a 'those grapes are probably sour anyway' moment? OF

OF,
Reactions: Pipes

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I hate to misquote you :), but "powering it all with a 10440 may not be worth the tradeoffs". Maybe an IMR14500.

Haywood,
Top Bottom