• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

My_50p_worth

E-meow sent @phattpiggie ! Cant wait ot get my hands on one of those !
Since induction is a ""skin effect"" ,i doubt that it will heat the metal balls inside ,because the initial layer of TI would act as a filter for the waves ,but i might be just very confused,and the induction effect on the balls would be a little reduced at best.

I mean if you want a quick and dirty IH fix you could probably slice up an old DV cap and make an “IH band”

A Simrell FMJ but for extra IH power instead of thermal mass

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
This is gonna be great!

Vaporisateur.net just shipped me a 8mm glass lined thuja burl stem by @Aezhenn

@phattpiggie do you expect it is safe to use with the TA heat?
I used a similar stem from @Aezhenn last night and it was really nice.

The stems to watch out for are stems that are made all of metal. Those are going to heat up quick with repeated use.

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
E-meow sent @phattpiggie ! Cant wait ot get my hands on one of those !
Since induction is a ""skin effect"" ,i doubt that it will heat the metal balls inside ,because the initial layer of TI would act as a filter for the waves ,but i might be just very confused,and the induction effect on the balls would be a little reduced at best.
I understand where you are coming from with the skin effect but I'm thinking depth of field.
Without looking into it more we have no real idea how far the eddy currents are from the copper coil. The Wand made me think about this because the coil is wider than the usual 16mm. It's going to interesting to see where this goes.

@My_50p_worth I tried the magnetic SS band from a Wand bucket both in and outside the Ti and it didn't make much difference.
To be fair I didn't look into it for very long.

@danjens thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on in that stem.

@mixchu69 they sold very quickly indeed.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari @Aezhenn has a TA.

@Ripstar glad you got lucky, there were a few who didn't.

@DaVapeGuy as I've said a few times this is evolving and there will be a couple of changes to the next batch. This won't be until next year.
Everything will be interchangeable with the current ones.
And as a sign of my appreciation to the initial group there will be a decent discount for those who have shown faith this time around.
I wouldn't be able to progress all this without you.

My_50p and @Texus I'm really looking forward to the slim release.
The concept has been proven and it's just a matter of getting the first beta versions in hand so they can be tested fully.
The concept for a larger one has also been proven and I'm hoping to be able to offer a very unique vape to the market.
(He says confidentally at the same time having no idea how he will put it together:lol:)

@Brenyo nice video and thank you. Love the patina.
I'm putting together another torch picture and will include this triple. 15 bowls I think you said.
Next year is going to be fun.

There will be around 100 TA out there once they all land and I'm anxious to hear how everyone gets on.
If all goes well the revisions will be put in place and the machine shop will be busy.

There are four people involved in one way or another in IH ideas.
The Chaos log will breath life but now with a TA adapter.
No point designing and manufacturing two log cores when one will serve both purposes.
The butane powered Chaos Injector will make an appearance and perhaps, just maybe.......................

To everyone who has taken that leap of faith in @VGOODIEZ, myself and the TA I cannot thank you enough.
Yesterdays response was incredible and so appreciated.
The support you've all shown is very humbling.

Over the next few days, weeks we will hopefully see and hear how folk are taking to the TA.
I'm old enough and wise enough to understand that this is not the vape for everyone but those who do take to it may help the 'not so sure' change their minds.
Butane torches and manual vapes can be very daunting for some and the aim is to offer the same performance in different guises.

Anyone needs any help, has any queries or issues make sure and contact myself or Scott.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

I understand where you are coming from with the skin effect but I'm thinking depth of field.
Without looking into it more we have no real idea how far the eddy currents are from the copper coil. The Wand made me think about this because the coil is wider than the usual 16mm. It's going to interesting to see where this goes.

@My_50p_worth I tried the magnetic SS band from a Wand bucket both in and outside the Ti and it didn't make much difference.
To be fair I didn't look into it for very long.

@danjens thanks, I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on in that stem.

@mixchu69 they sold very quickly indeed.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari @Aezhenn has a TA.

@Ripstar glad you got lucky, there were a few who didn't.

@DaVapeGuy as I've said a few times this is evolving and there will be a couple of changes to the next batch. This won't be until next year.
Everything will be interchangeable with the current ones.
And as a sign of my appreciation to the initial group there will be a decent discount for those who have shown faith this time around.
I wouldn't be able to progress all this without you.

My_50p and @Texus I'm really looking forward to the slim release.
The concept has been proven and it's just a matter of getting the first beta versions in hand so they can be tested fully.
The concept for a larger one has also been proven and I'm hoping to be able to offer a very unique vape to the market.
(He says confidentally at the same time having no idea how he will put it together:lol:)

@Brenyo nice video and thank you. Love the patina.
I'm putting together another torch picture and will include this triple. 15 bowls I think you said.
Nex tyear is going to be fun.

There will be around 100 TA out there once they all land and I'm anxious to hear how everyone gets on.
If all goes well the revisions will be put in place and the machine shop will be busy.

There are four people involved in one way or another in IH ideas.
The Chaos log will breath life but now with a TA adapter.
No point designing and manufacturing two logs core when one will serve both purposes.
The butane powered Chaos Injector will make an appearance and perhaps, just maybe.......................

To everyone who has taken that leap of faith in @VGOODIEZ, myself and the TA I cannot thank you enough.
Yesterdays response was incredible and so appreciated.
The support you've all shown is very humbling.

Over the next few days, weeks we will hopefully see and hear how folk are taking to the TA.
I'm old enough and wise enough to understand that this is not the vape for everyone but those who do take to it may help the 'not so sure' change their minds.
Butane torches and manual vapes can be very daunting for some and the aim is to offer the same performance in different guises.

Anyone needs any help, has any queries or issues make sure and contact myself or Scott.

Thank you again.
Dude....I wish I was your next door neighbor and best buds....LOL
So impressed!

gotbadvas

I got mine today. I did a 30 second heat up for burn off then let it cool off and did a quick little qtip with iso wipe down. Didn't really seem to be any dirty oil / metal shavings or anything like I always get on my dynavaps when new. I am using the ronx torch and did a 30 second heating near the end of the cap. I think I will turn the flame up higher as I didn't really get any vapor so I had to keep adding in more heat. It does seem to be forgiving with this as has been stated but it makes more sense now that I have used it. I do still have a lot of learning to do with my flame size and timing but man I am really torn up off this one bowl. Might be a little before I can try the next bowl lol.

Top Bottom