Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

My_50p_worth

Cases.
I'm working on it.
IMG-20221209-170543-162-2.jpg

For what I look for in a case that’s ideal. Very interested when this is ready for purchase

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How are you guys finding the heat cycle time frame? Are you finding it keeps it's heat well enough to casually puff on it like a joint? Or do you find yourself rushing to finish the bowl before the heat cycle ends?

Absolutely maintains the heat well enough, in fact it keeps producing nice vapor even when I think I've had my fill, but I like to keep going until it stops so with average heat up definitely have plenty of heat retained to finish the bowl in one sitting with several puffs leisurely spaced out a bit even. Timing is comfortable, no rush, and no long waiting, mine is the WPA model, but using with a nice hook it really still can capture that joint like experience, except it's more like puffing on a pipe of course!

I ask myself the same question because my first attempts have rather emptied the bowl in 1 or 2 puffs but I would also like to be able to draw several small puffs in a row.

Aside from the variables of how you are loading and heating, it depends on the draw, fast or slow work fine, puffing with your mouth or pulling the TA from the hook briefly, allow you to get several small puffs in a row easily... However long deep inhale you can cash in one hit if you really want to, depending on all the variables, the hits can be quite smooth enough to do so. The way I have settled into using it, generally heating and loading, it can be tough to take a long enough deep inhale to fully cash in one hit, so I like taking multiple so I have some time to exhale and enjoy the vapor more...

Exactly, Can hit it and quit it, then come back later for another or Steam it up good rip after rip.

@Shit Snacks you can try using cellulose fiber (Rayon) or organic cotton, but it may smell funkier than the synthetics. best part for me using fiber/trates with the TA is that there is very minimal cleaning involved.

I have only been finishing bowls in one sitting, only a couple times did I heat it low at first, requiring some reheat... Yeah I don't know how I feel about cotton or hemp fiber anymore, not really looking to buy something else, maybe I'll try some steel mesh if/when I finally do...

Shit Snacks

Unless you have a serious bush fire then the heater matrix shouldn't need cleaning.

So I haven't, but did notice a couple times, when I heated at more of the maximum, close to 50 seconds, that when I flip and drop into my glass piece, a wisp of vapor comes out the top? So brief and quick hard to fully notice though I felt like I did see something perhaps? So that could theoretically dirty up the heater matrix as well nowhere near as bad as smoke of course, although it has been so minor few and far between that I am inclined to believe any potential vapor that condensed over that part is then completely burned clean in the next heat cycle probably with the torch??

And that makes so much sense about the steel liner now, yeah Alan made the liners for my HI bowls a little long and the problem is they don't want to stay in the stems lol I need to try a little water to let the wood swell enough to seal them was his suggestion...

Anyway I finally tried a whole nug in my TA, to amazing success, truly feels like the best hole nug experience I've ever had, I mean often I'm doing it just for unique experience and flavors with certain vapes (sometimes with all glass pathways) rarely and then I break up the nug into my normal bowls to fully finish extracting afterwards... Hear the vapor was so thick and thorough, such nice extraction through and through, although afterwards breaking the nug it does seem like the underside was a bit lighter and inside a bit more moisture to extract since I tried to take it a bit easy on my puffs, it was 90 seconds of several nice deep rips (sorry video above had to be under a minute long so couldn't show the full thing), after the 50sec heat up and maybe 8sec wait before first puff just to be safe, so it didn't fully char the top or anything... Twas a pretty fat little nug of non-fresh yet-dank peach cobbler, and leisurely spaced comfortable hits throughout, so yeah definitely going to be doing this more too! :nod::brow::drool::cool::freak::razz::smug:

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Aside from the variables of how you are loading and heating, it depends on the draw,
You're right, it depends mostly on the draw, I've practiced different speeds, I think I finally like the big ones hits. And the TA can do it also!

@Duba as requested :) the leather has stretched a little and it fits even better now
Thank you, this is great!
Talking about cases, maybe this could be an option (here for the Anvil but sizes can be customized)

My_50p_worth

Slowly starting to build the confidence to heat a bit lower on the oven with flower, seems it gives a more intense hit with the extra conduction and also a faster heatup.

Definitely a smaller margin for error, though. Heating the top is pretty foolproof, too much heat and you just stop inhaling and let the heater cool a little. Too much conduction heat and it’s time to get the ISO out :lol:

I’ll nail it soon I’m sure

My_50p_worth

Yeah I keep wondering if I should go with a bigger torch than Firefox or not...
I guess it depends if you want a larger torch in return for smaller heatup times really?

I get around 10-15 second heatup times with the big buddy, although if you’re trying to bias convection as much as possible I find the more precise flame of the Firefox works a little better

Shit Snacks

I've still only been using the RiO torch with my TA effectively although the heat up time is not that fast at all! Should probably try my Blusky from Amazon (cheap Blazer BigShot basically) since it is what I use for dabbing with large flame, bet that would heat as fast, I could try larger flame more with RiO I suppose, but it's not as ideal for that I think... and it doesn't have the biggest fuel tank either though it's been fine for now

Texus

I've still only been using the RiO torch with my TA effectively although the heat up time is not that fast at all! Should probably try my Blusky from Amazon (cheap Blazer BigShot basically) since it is what I use for dabbing with large flame, bet that would heat as fast, I could try larger flame more with RiO I suppose, but it's not as ideal for that I think... and it doesn't have the biggest fuel tank either though it's been fine for now
About how long are you heating with the Rio Torch?

Shit Snacks

About how long are you heating with the Rio Torch?

It depends on variables, but it hasn't really changed from my initial posts, still 40 to 50 seconds average has been best though I can get away with 30 to 35+ seconds with big flame good heating (aiming where I hold TA)

Top Bottom