The Toad from Morwood

fangorn

and .... I understand that there was a combination of circumstances ... but how the hell, the Toad 101 has not found a buyer?!

well, ok, I'm not going to make all friends, but I couldn't resist and put my name in the hat for the raffle for this beautiful neglected toad #101... and by a another contest of circumstance, I won the draw!!!

I had thought "no need to draw lots, give it to me directly..." but I couldn't believe it!!

I remember one guy, who at the start of this thread, at the start of this wonderful journey... asked fans of Dan's work to leave some for others...

and here I am on the dark side of the force...

Sorry about that guys, but I've lost my mind about anything Dan might design!

so there you go, toad #101 is going to come and keep Toad #22 company for my greatest pleasure!!

@Grass Yes
I joined Fc to get an IH from Pipe...it's been a while but haven't left the community since...maybe when I get a Nomad 2 or 3!

well, and I'm sharing some pics of a pipe/stem that @Tswoodenart made for me to fit the Wpa in 14mm...couldn't resist trying!!

(the wooden tray is not from Dan!!)

and finally, I had tested the kief sandwiches for a while... big big success!
for logistical reasons and, to push the Toad to its limits, I am looking for the right technique to use it with hash and hemp fiber!
I ordered 7 different ones... for science of course!

I'm not very experienced with hash...any advice??

happy vape to all ✌️

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Congrats, the thing that keeps me from getting back on the toad list is that I can't afford to collect them, especially the most beautiful ones that seem to pop up that are so tempting!! As is don't use mine enough

What I really want is to get another custom glass piece, to only use mine upside down like this, I want a double right angle U-turn hook glass stem for it (like I have from good vibes boro for my TM2 or my triple right angle fem hook from oregon glass blower)

Last edited:

StinKing

Congrats, the thing that keeps me from getting back on the toad list is that I can't afford to collect them, especially the most beautiful ones that seem to pop up that are so tempting!! As is don't use mine enough

What I really want is to get another custom glass piece, to only use mine upside down like this, I want a double right angle U-turn hook glass stem for it (like I have from good vibes boro for my TM2 or my triple right angle fem hook from oregon glass blower)
What vape do you reach for, over the Toad, if you don't mind me asking?

StinKing,

Electrofever

well, ok, I'm not going to make all friends, but I couldn't resist and put my name in the hat for the raffle for this beautiful neglected toad #101... and by a another contest of circumstance, I won the draw!!!

I had thought "no need to draw lots, give it to me directly..." but I couldn't believe it!!

I remember one guy, who at the start of this thread, at the start of this wonderful journey... asked fans of Dan's work to leave some for others...

so there you go, toad #101 is going to come and keep Toad #22 company for my greatest pleasure!!

@Grass Yes
I joined Fc to get an IH from Pipe...it's been a while but haven't left the community since...maybe when I get a Nomad 2 or 3!

well, and I'm sharing some pics of a pipe/stem that @Tswoodenart made for me to fit the Wpa in 14mm...couldn't resist trying!!

for logistical reasons and, to push the Toad to its limits, I am looking for the right technique to use it with hash and hemp fiber!

happy vape to all ✌️
I remember Dan explaining a technic to vap hash with the Toad, mainly convection, but by pressing the hash beforehand on a washi paper, Frenchy kind of thing. The idea seems great, been wanting to try for a while but haven’t had any success in finding the right paper, some exists that have been sun bleached on snow ! A whole new ritual ! (Look at Dan’s answer to @passenger)
Hmm... perhaps some sort of middle ground, 12-13mm internal diameter. And yes, the heater would need to be sized accordingly to match.

@gordontreeman, For convection, I also think a chamber that is shallower than it is wide is the key. I don't care how you apply the heat, if you're not stirring, the herb closest to the heater will always get slightly more toasted than the herb furthest away from the heater. This effect can be minimized by lengthening the time you're taking to finish a chamber... my theory being that this extra time allows the heat to penetrate/saturate the entire chamber. But I tend to like a one or two hit session in the Toad, so I prefer a shallow chamber.

With the glass capsules I am thinking about, you could flip the capsule half way through a session to hit the opposite end with the heat, so that could further minimize the need for a shallow chamber... but I would likely be too lazy to flip the capsule, so... not sure how I feel about that!

@passenger I have been trying to find time to photograph the process of making hash paper, but time is scarce these days, hopefully soon! Essentially, it involves putting a sheet of parchment paper on the table, then a small square of washi paper, then a flattened ball of hash ontop of the washi paper. I put one more square of washi ontop of the hash, followed by another sheet of parchment. A glass bottle filled with hot water is used to flatten the hash between the paper layers, rolling it out like pizza dough. After each rolling, I remove the top layer of washi (which is now saturated with hash) and replace it with a fresh washi square. I repeat the rolling until no more rosin can be pressed from the hash. You'll end up with a few sheets of saturated washi, and one sheet of washi covered in the plant matter that was in the hash. Everything pulls cleanly off the parchment. I put the washi in the freeze for a few minutes. This gets rid of any stickyness so that I can cut the saturated washi into very thin ribbons with scissors. The thin ribbons are stored in the freezer. I found that because the surface area is so large, the hash will lose some terpenes after a week or so if stored at room temp. Storing in the freezer seems to make it last for at least a month.

@fangorn I'm with you here. I prefer the 18650 for maximum compactness. I can increase the chamber size and heater size slightly without changing the outside dimensions at all.... so no need for making anything larger.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

@Grass Yes

happy vape to all ✌️
What's that round wooden thing, a cap for the pipe when not in use? Or herb bowl?

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
... nothing on the 2 Toads up for sale ?

... well personally my favorite is that black beauty, the "Dark Forest" ... too bad I don't have the scratch right now 😕 ...

Screenshot-20230728-161333-Chrome.jpg

seriousTone

... well personally my favorite is that black beauty, the "Dark Forest" ... too bad I don't have the scratch right now 😕 ...

Screenshot-20230728-161333-Chrome.jpg
Oh shit!!! Never saw that one yet, love it.

Really cool to see Dan be able to work in some more creativeness but I'm glad I don't have to choose a toad; the Nomad choices are enough for me.

seriousTone,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

fangorn

Well... the holidays are over...

I went to visit my in-laws in France by plane... so I didn't bring any flowers, only hash. and I bought cbd flowers on the spot...

so I had to make sandwiches in my Toad...it was frustrating and it took more space and time to prepare! (which I didn't always have...)
but it works great!!

at home, I'm going to let the toad do what it does best... which is to take care of my flowers beautifully...
and I'll leave the hash to other vapers!
but it can help out in some cases!!

Last edited:

99944nt

what are the dimensions of the Toad stems? would third party stems made for Tinymights work in the Toads?

99944nt,

Aryeah

Vape Man
So, after admiring my toad for a while, I have finally started to try and learn the technique to use it efficiently, but I have a few questions. I have had other unregulated vaporizers in the past, so I do know there is a learning curve with them all. Right now I am getting pretty close to combustion and my avb is pretty dark black after about 3 hits on the high heater and can taste the scorching.

Right now I am using the high heater and a glass stem. I do have the low heater, so I'll take any advice on both heaters.

1. How long is a good preheat?

2. Do you insert your stem all the way down until it touches the inner screen? ( I have a newer model with the heater screen inside the chamber)

3. What is an average length for a draw?

4. Do you hold down you button when drawing or flutter it on/off depending on heat?

I do know all of us have deferent techniques and setups when using the Toad or any unregulated vaporizers. I'm just trying to get a feel for different techniques I could pull from to get the best experience.

Thanks everyone!

attackpoints

So, after admiring my toad for a while, I have finally started to try and learn the technique to use it efficiently, but I have a few questions. I have had other unregulated vaporizers in the past, so I do know there is a learning curve with them all. Right now I am getting pretty close to combustion and my avb is pretty dark black after about 3 hits on the high heater and can taste the scorching.

Right now I am using the high heater and a glass stem. I do have the low heater, so I'll take any advice on both heaters.

1. How long is a good preheat?

2. Do you insert your stem all the way down until it touches the inner screen? ( I have a newer model with the heater screen inside the chamber)

3. What is an average length for a draw?

4. Do you hold down you button when drawing or flutter it on/off depending on heat?

I do know all of us have deferent techniques and setups when using the Toad or any unregulated vaporizers. I'm just trying to get a feel for different techniques I could pull from to get the best experience.

Thanks everyone!
1. About 2-3 seconds on a full battery. I'll go as long as 5 seconds when I know the battery is low.

2. Not including pre-heat I'll usually draw about 10-12 seconds with the button held, or until I can feel the heat on my tongue. I like to continue the draw without holding the button as well

3. About 15 seconds for me. Maybe as much 20-22 with a low battery, but I don't need to count any more. A nice slow inhale really brings out the flavor, I find if I'm too hasty with my draw I'm bound to combust. The Toad requires a present mind 🐸

4. I can't remember if fluttering the button has been discussed before otherwise I'd direct you to some posts since I tend to not but, yeah absolutely you can. I don't flutter the button with the high heater typically, since the draw time is shorter, but will with the low heater towards the end of my draw as needed.

What stem are you using? Any cooling balls?

Edit- some good usage discussion here on https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-toad-from-morwood.51196/post-1624615

Last edited:

Aryeah

Vape Man
1. About 2-3 seconds on a full battery. I'll go as long as 5 seconds when I know the battery is low.

2. Not including pre-heat I'll usually draw about 10-12 seconds with the button held, or until I can feel the heat on my tongue. I like to continue the draw without holding the button as well

3. About 15 seconds for me. Maybe as much 20-22 with a low battery, but I don't need to count any more. A nice slow inhale really brings out the flavor, I find if I'm too hasty with my draw I'm bound to combust. The Toad requires a present mind 🐸

4. I can't remember if fluttering the button has been discussed before otherwise I'd direct you to some posts since I tend to not but, yeah absolutely you can. I don't flutter the button with the high heater typically, since the draw time is shorter, but will with the low heater towards the end of my draw as needed.

What stem are you using? Any cooling balls?

Edit- some good usage discussion here on https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-toad-from-morwood.51196/post-1624615
I'm using the regular glass stem. With no cooling balls yet. I have some bear quartz pearls, which I was going to try for cooling.

Aryeah,

attackpoints

I'm using the regular glass stem. With no cooling balls yet. I have some bear quartz pearls, which I was going to try for cooling.
Probably the best way to start as you get used to the heater! Great general rule is if your lips and mouth are starting to feel hot it's probably time to release the button. Have fun experimenting :science:

Top Bottom