The Toad from Morwood

Arawfish

Green Thumb
@Arawfish
on this point, and for the Toad, I find that in terms of communication, Dan insists more on the fact that it is an "additional" project, which he carries out outside of his work...

It doesn't work like that but it should be enough to put us into perspective...

and for the Nomad, he stopped taking orders to prevent the situations mentioned here from happening again...

just to say that in my opinion he is making an effort on this... and that we can't just say that year after year, he reproduces the same mistakes...

likewise, he has already expressed that he is considering another type of sale for the Nomads in order to reduce the waiting time...

ok, I think it's forbidden by the rules of the forum to tell me that I'm a fan boy... so I'm saying it for you 😁
I’m a fanboy too, it’s okay :p

It’s not the same “mistakes” (plural) it’s the one singular mistake of telling people when it’s going to ship. Cut that one part out, golden.

Additional side project or not. Just stop telling people it’ll be 2 months and then take 6, or 2 weeks and take 5.5 months.

PS. Here’s another Toad pic to help with everyone whose waiting for theirs right now 😉

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
I think we all know where we are here.
Dan is an outstanding craftsman and because of his talent he can make us accept "out of time" deadlines.😂

I'm one of those people who have so much patience that I'd rather he didn't give any deadlines and that one day he'd send an email to say: "here you go", even if it's a year or more later.
No delay, no frustration.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is exactly how I take it when given a deadline, from any maker, but I don't even remember how long I was waiting after having paid for my toad, I didn't focus on it at all, and honestly I hardly ever use it now lol sorry just not my favorite for use with simple consistent effective convenience currently

passenger

is this thing on?
Haha I like that @Shit Snacks Can you show us your neglected beauty again? :)

Have you tried to leave a little space free between load and the rim of the stem? That makes a huge difference in getting consistent results or not for me.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Taking the conversation in a different direction from the waiting time topic...I don't use my portables a whole ton for the most part. I prefer my desktops for 99% of my vaping usage...However these last few weeks I've been really loving the Toad specifically. Something about how dead simple it is, just load the stem and press the button, leads me to grab it frequently. It's great for quick rips between rounds of a game, or just bringing down to the couch for some binge watching. After months of mostly being eye candy on my shelf, the Toad has officially become one of my go-to's.

Here's to hoping my name comes up for a Nomad sometime in this decade :rofl:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Taking the conversation in a different direction from the waiting time topic...I don't use my portables a whole ton for the most part. I prefer my desktops for 99% of my vaping usage...However these last few weeks I've been really loving the Toad specifically. Something about how dead simple it is, just load the stem and press the button, leads me to grab it frequently. It's great for quick rips between rounds of a game, or just bringing down to the couch for some binge watching. After months of mostly being eye candy on my shelf, the Toad has officially become one of my go-to's.

Here's to hoping my name comes up for a Nomad sometime in this decade :rofl:
Can’t say I use mine at home a whole lot either! But I commute 3 hours for work everyday and that’s where it’s simplicity and ease of use shines through. I clean my maple stem once every 2 months also, which makes this the least maintenance requiring vape I’ve ever used. Even without home usage I’m still getting 3 batteries worth of use on most days, the only other vape which would rival this is the Nomad series.

Side note: I’ve just now changed my batteries after 11 months, could have gotten the full year out of them. So that’s roughly about $60-70 year upkeep on battery costs for where I live in Canada. For 3 p28a’s. Probably less money for most Americans and eastern Canadians.

Arawfish,
Reactions: fangorn

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
Can’t say I use mine at home a whole lot either! But I commute 3 hours for work everyday and that’s where it’s simplicity and ease of use shines through. I clean my maple stem once every 2 months also, which makes this the least maintenance requiring vape I’ve ever used. Even without home usage I’m still getting 3 batteries worth of use on most days, the only other vape which would rival this is the Nomad series.

Side note: I’ve just now changed my batteries after 11 months, could have gotten the full year out of them. So that’s roughly about $60-70 year upkeep on battery costs for where I live in Canada. For 3 p28a’s. Probably less money for most Americans and eastern Canadians.
I don't really use dry herb out & about all too often. I live in a southern state that is very unfriendly to cannabis so it simply isn't worth the risk. But I think all the time about how perfect the Toad would be for that use case if/when I move somewhere more progressive with its cannabis laws.

The small size, dead simple to load & use...Looking forward to being able to toss it in my pocket for quick rips out & about someday.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes it is simple and can be convenient of course extremely effective too, consistency requires honed technique in my experience, so it is not as convenient in a mindless sense of use compared to more regulated alternatives that I am used to at home now... If I was more disciplined to use only it I'm sure I could rely on it without issue though!

I have not taken an herbal vape out and about in a very long time, I've hardly been out and about at all in a very long time... I would love to have that sort of lifestyle again, but things are more complicated for me now... If necessary an oil pen cartridge is much more convenient in every way although I have a bit too much ocd for those as well... Toad form factor and style is great, but I'm still a bit too precious with it and the button is a bit more involved for me, the loading, process for getting the type of extraction and experience I'm after, just not a practical play ultimately for me the way I am unfortunately? Thinking about getting back into it again soon finally, but feels like another vape (or two) would be my first choice in an attempt to do so...?

Have you tried to leave a little space free between load and the rim of the stem? That makes a huge difference in getting consistent results or not for me.

Yeah and after the first (incredibly tasty) hit it always shrinks, remember I was using my custom Phineas stem more in the beginning, so it is more forgiving to use the stock glass stem, while I still have not even tried the pear wood stem! There are just a lot of variables, how you load, how you use button, how you draw, just such a manual, very artisan vape!

Haha I like that @Shit Snacks Can you show us your neglected beauty again? :)

PXL-20230423-174347901.jpg

Well thanks to this I am using it again at this very moment! With the original Nomad low heater, even though I would prefer my Toad high heater, this is working well with the glass stem for a chill drawn out session at home, with Candy Jack... Strong ritual for an enjoyable experience, someday I will take it out in the wild, and actualize some fantasies :tup:

Last edited:

fangorn

all those beautiful toads collecting dust... gentlemen, know that toads much prefer the marshy humidity of our mouths and hands, to the desert dryness of the dust of the shelves 😁

if they ever take the dust to the point of not being recognizable anymore, do not hesitate to send me a private message 😉
I will be honored to provide them with a habitat adapted to their needs!

I'm a guy who exclusively uses portable vaporizers with flowers... and occasionally kief or hash... and mostly at home.
So when I go out, I use the Toad exclusively.
And in my sofa, I use it between 75 and 90% of the time.

It allowed me to sell a Tp80 and a Fw7... just before receiving it, I had sold a TM and a TB! and today it allows me to resist buying a TM2, an Fw9, or even a personalized Tp80...

I use it so much that I had to change the grip with my hands. my thumb hurt when I pressed the button. I found two more comfortable grips.
and I alternate between my different stems!

he changed my relationship to my sessions...
I load the stem, insert it, press the button and vape... nothing else matters! apart from the beauty of this device...
oddly, I didn't like to use a lighter...and I only have butane vaporizers left to complete my collection!

I use my wooden stem much less...I've cleaned it once in 11 months. I have always liked the nuances of wood. certainly very weak with the stem in pear wood. Not at all unpleasant!
And I clean my glass stems every 2 weeks or so.

I use my handstand and J-hook stem setup less because it makes me clear my load in 2-3 hits and I prefer longer sessions. but it's a pleasure every time!

It's nice to see pictures of toads on the loose... thanks guys!!

99944nt

If I didn't have my Anvil to smack me around I think I'd be singing the same tune. My goal is 3 excellent devices. 1 Butane, 1 Desktop, 1 Portable.

I've gotten to the same point.

After a brief VAS stint.. I figured I was getting too much clutter and simplified it to my dyna, mighty, enano xl.. and now the Toad for my special feel good device

Cant wait for my Toad.. I got the '90'.. which wasnt as popular I guess, but I've loved all of Dan's retro looks, so lucky for me..

Should be set until one of these devices needs replacing.. (probably the mighty as I see the dyna and log vape lasting forever)

fangorn

Wow, it's May 7th already!!! It's been exactly a year since I met Toad #22... my Toad lichen...

Happy birthday to us 😁

It's now my only battery-powered vaporizer...

It was a meeting that changed my life!!
infinite thanks @Dan Morrison

I can't believe it, already a year!!!
It's so easy to use that sometimes I "get bored" with it... so I change stems and quickly forget! it's so versatile... if i want a punchier vape i take the glass stem without cooling, if i want a faster and fuller extraction i take the pear stem with my j-hook, if i want a longer session, I use my other wooden stem without cooling...micro dosage or big load...all good 😁

I wish you all to be able to enjoy a device from Dan!

Happy Sunday to you, and happy vape to all!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Wow, it's May 7th already!!! It's been exactly a year since I met Toad #22... my Toad lichen...

Happy birthday to us 😁

It's now my only battery-powered vaporizer...

It was a meeting that changed my life!!
infinite thanks @Dan Morrison

I can't believe it, already a year!!!
It's so easy to use that sometimes I "get bored" with it... so I change stems and quickly forget! it's so versatile... if i want a punchier vape i take the glass stem without cooling, if i want a faster and fuller extraction i take the pear stem with my j-hook, if i want a longer session, I use my other wooden stem without cooling...micro dosage or big load...all good 😁

I wish you all to be able to enjoy a device from Dan!

Happy Sunday to you, and happy vape to all!

How 'bout a Bday picture ?

Duba

Accessory Maker
IMG-20230526-000154.jpg

TOAD69 in its new environment:D...it is said that "Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre".

The device is superb, combining simplicity, sobriety, efficiency and quality.
I'm pleasantly surprised by its performance : the low heater is already very efficient, and it heats evenly and quickly.

A relationship develops quite quickly with the device, there is the ritual and an exciting learning curve.
I've already made a few very promising bowls!

fangorn

IMG-20230526-000154.jpg

TOAD69 in its new environment:D...it is said that "Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre".

I'm pleasantly surprised by its performance : the low heater is already very efficient, and it heats evenly and quickly.

A relationship develops quite quickly with the device, there is the ritual and an exciting learning curve.

So happy for you ! 💚
Enjoy 😁

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
IMG-20230526-000154.jpg

Devilishly beautiful ... as is that picture ... what kind of tree is that ? ... at first glance it looks like the full color Toad on a black & white "Tree from Hell" photo ... there's almost no color anywhere ... georgeous shot and georgeous Toad ...

Top Bottom