• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toad from Morwood

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Haha the classic, take a hit, get lost holding, staring at the vape... What next hit? :freak::ko:
That exact scenario did indeed happen. Fell asleep too, woke up at 2 with all the lights on, toad still in my hand, not knowing what year it was.

@gordontreeman, some brief thoughts on my couple sessions thus far is that the pre-heat seems to be an important factor in getting a solid hit the whole way through my breath. A couple hits were whispy and non-existent due to not pressing the button fully, or not getting the preheat and drawspeed correct, But I have gotten big lungfuls of very tasty vapour.

fangorn

I received mine too!
I am so happy !!!
It's the most beautiful vaporizer I own... it's even clearly the most beautiful object I own.

It is exceptional work. Everything is soft, smooth, perfectly fitted. Painting pleases me enormously. I really like having it in hand.
I can't find the words to describe button lichen. The case is delicious. It fits easily in the pocket.

I had and still have some great vaporizers, but never had a crush in my first 2-3 days, which didn't stop me from loving them immensely afterwards.
Well, that's it, I had my first love at first sight!! and yet I assure you that my expectations were high. But between beauty, use and performance... hard not to succumb!
and it's tiny... when Dan says he's kept the walls to a minimum, he's not kidding! there is no space for anything other than a battery, its radiator and the stem... it's crazy!
I also love the lower plate... it's a magnificent piece in itself... very very very well made, soft, practical, functional... wow...

this is my first unregulated battery powered vaporizer. So I expect to face a learning curve. Yet my first two sessions were successful... flavor, vapor, extraction and effects... I haven't tried the high heat yet. I added glass beads too quickly and lost the heat related indication/markers. I resumed my tests without balls and now I alternate.
I too have had hits where I didn't press the button properly, and it's frustrating. I'm trying to find a method to make it work every time. It seems to be more reliable when I press the top left of the button.

The other slightly negative point is that I find the airflow too open, but that's not a deal breaker. My brain will have to adjust...

But my last two sessions have been magnificent in terms of vapor and extraction. And my first lattes were very tasty.

I love spending time with my toad to get to know him and understand him better!
And besides, I'm going back!!!

Thank you so much for everything @Dan Morrison , from the beginning of the Okin thread, to the exchanges after receiving the Toad, through the sumptuous regular updates, the process of choice, the consideration in the exchanges, the quality of the product received, and all the care that you bring to the details, as well as the implication that you put in your work!!!

I hope to have the opportunity to have the pleasure of doing business with you again! And I savor my pleasure to be the new friend of such a nice toad!

CleanHippie

I received mine too!
I am so happy !!!
It's the most beautiful vaporizer I own... it's even clearly the most beautiful object I own.

It is exceptional work. Everything is soft, smooth, perfectly fitted. Painting pleases me enormously. I really like having it in hand.
I can't find the words to describe button lichen. The case is delicious. It fits easily in the pocket.

I had and still have some great vaporizers, but never had a crush in my first 2-3 days, which didn't stop me from loving them immensely afterwards.
Well, that's it, I had my first love at first sight!! and yet I assure you that my expectations were high. But between beauty, use and performance... hard not to succumb!
and it's tiny... when Dan says he's kept the walls to a minimum, he's not kidding! there is no space for anything other than a battery, its radiator and the stem... it's crazy!
I also love the lower plate... it's a magnificent piece in itself... very very very well made, soft, practical, functional... wow...

this is my first unregulated battery powered vaporizer. So I expect to face a learning curve. Yet my first two sessions were successful... flavor, vapor, extraction and effects... I haven't tried the high heat yet. I added glass beads too quickly and lost the heat related indication/markers. I resumed my tests without balls and now I alternate.
I too have had hits where I didn't press the button properly, and it's frustrating. I'm trying to find a method to make it work every time. It seems to be more reliable when I press the top left of the button.

The other slightly negative point is that I find the airflow too open, but that's not a deal breaker. My brain will have to adjust...

But my last two sessions have been magnificent in terms of vapor and extraction. And my first lattes were very tasty.

I love spending time with my toad to get to know him and understand him better!
And besides, I'm going back!!!

Thank you so much for everything @Dan Morrison , from the beginning of the Okin thread, to the exchanges after receiving the Toad, through the sumptuous regular updates, the process of choice, the consideration in the exchanges, the quality of the product received, and all the care that you bring to the details, as well as the implication that you put in your work!!!

I hope to have the opportunity to have the pleasure of doing business with you again! And I savor my pleasure to be the new friend of such a nice toad!

Wowww! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your initial impressions and putting all those photos together in an album very helpful. Felt like I was unpacking my own Toad.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
This is really a dumb thought but with this collection in my backpack I feel ready/armed to go live anywhere!!
I often think similar things when I gear up to go someplace and I’m just stacked to the Nines in batteries and accessories. That meme of the guy standing alone in the corner of the party always comes to mind

“They don’t know I have the sickest handmade Vapes in my bag”

Loved your pics and thoughts! What are you running for a battery at the moment?

fangorn

I often think similar things when I gear up to go someplace and I’m just stacked to the Nines in batteries and accessories. That meme of the guy standing alone in the corner of the party always comes to mind

“They don’t know I have the sickest handmade Vapes in my bag”

Loved your pics and thoughts! What are you running for a battery at the moment?

Thank you @Arawfish
I really love your Toad...he was on my podium! I see the mammoth very well but I also visualize/smell caves... in which mammoth cave paintings would be painted obviously...
Congratulations on catching it!
I think I waited very little but... the wait was worth it, wasn't it?! 😁

on your question on "running the battery"... Sorry I don't know this expression and I have little confidence in google trad on this one...
so multiple answers: I use P26A molicel (perfect fit in the compartment by the way). I do 3 or 4 sessions (bowls) and I put my battery to charge and I take another .. that's one less parameter to think about in understanding the use. I gain in consistency of rendering... it's not bad to experiment at the beginning!

@ all Nomad or Toad owners... how do you transport your pre-filled stems (or empty ones for that matter)? if I find a relatively airtight and relatively well-fitting system, I will have my most practical configuration for the outdoors...

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@ all Nomad or Toad owners... how do you transport your pre-filled stems (or empty ones for that matter)? if I find a relatively airtight and relatively well-fitting system, I will have my most practical configuration for the outdoors...
You are choosing to carry around a bunch of stems? That seems like an accident/breakage/spill waiting to happen.

The most efficient to me, is simply going out with one loaded stem. When spent, simply reach for a Jyarz Classic and load your stem like a straw and keep going... Far easier to manage a single Jyarz versus multiple stems.

fangorn

hey @FlyingLow
yeah, i own some jyarz that i use daily, but with some people and in some situations, i prefer to avoid pulling out a pot of weed and loading my stem in front of them...
I can vape without embarrassment, and clean my stem discreetly, but I find the loading possibly stigmatizing.

So packing 2-3, even 5 stems can save me from having to slip away...

A shortened doob tube seemed ideal to me, but the ones I have have a diameter that is too small...

I will keep looking!

@namasteIII
Totally agree...thanks for the advice!
I am currently trying to find the best gesture and that my brain integrates it...
it is not yet intuitive / instinctive!

@xtraclipsforxtrashit
you are reading my mind ! in my projection, I was thinking of buying several mistvap rods... it removes a screen (since there is the "glass screen") from the configuration, and adds filtration and air restriction. (I exclusively used this with my Tm and my Grav tester)

I hope to one day get my hands on several of these stems... especially since they are thinner at the mouthpiece... which often helps me...
But I already have a lot of possibilities to exploit and understand! as I explained above, just adding glass marbles made me lose my bearings... I still need to experiment and time for it to become instinctive!

But yes, it is possible to install a hemp fiber disc on the metal basket... even if technically it makes two screens! I will test this soon!

Razhumikin

Quoting bc I’d love to hear any longer-term thoughts on the pear stem, even just on its own. Thanks in advance!
I really like the pear stem! I mostly prefer the glass but I use the pear pretty frequently too. It can be a wpa but I dont use it that way much, as I appreicate the flavor from native hits. I mostly use the pear stem with a half pack of balls, and I find that the big advantage it has over the glass stem is its much easier to slide in and out of the Toad itself. The glass stem cool better, though, hence the balls.

Top Bottom