The Toad from Morwood

Improvaper

Yesterday, I did a "power session" on a break at work and never once let my finger off the button, even as I exhaled (just a couple seconds then right back in). The heater and body never got too hot and I was able to draw much faster (like I prefer) without the need to wait for preheating at all. Not something I'd normally recommend, but it works a treat on the Toad as long as you keep moving with the hits.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@BrianTL , Thanks for sharing!

After inhale speed, the only variable you need to worry about is pre-heat time. Inhale speed is subjective and variable... so that's more of a thing each person needs to figure out. But once you've got your comfortable inhale speed dialed in, pre-heat time is a great way to change the temp in a consistent way.

Definitely! One persons inhale speed could feel really uncomfortable for the next...and it's nearly impossible to describe via text. Even if I change how you hold the mouthpiece to your lips it changes how I perceive the draw.

I think that I like more of a ramping up in temperature throughout a hit... and that's why I'm usually starting with a 3 second pre-heat on the high heater. This allows me to start with a slow inhale, feel the temp rising, and then slowly increase my inhale to stabilize the temp at a certain point.

I kind of figured that, and that even occurred to me when I realized how dramatic a couple extra seconds of pre-heat can be. I remembered reading your post when you said:

By eliminating the variable of button feathering you'll be able to learn the device as I designed it to be used. I think that not worrying about button feathering technique is just so much easier in the long run.

It made me think that the quick start guide was written with that in mind - which is totally ok and I think that it should be! I do think it's the "best" way to use the toad, because it seems like it vibes the best with your style which are clearly reflected in your designs, both visually and functionally. Very zen like I suppose.

That's how I would really like to use it, and now I'm looking forward to some Sunday morning sessions with coffee. I'd love to get my nightly sessions more in line with that style but usually I'm in more of a hurry in the evenings.

But starting with a longer pre-heat will definitely give quicker results upfront. The cool thing is that you can play around with these variables to dial in the exact sort of hit you want, on the fly.

I think that is all part of the fun of unregulated!

I agree! It is all part of the fun and it's good to be able to tailor your session to whatever you're looking for.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I've always wondered how the draw compares to the Milaana 3, since it is also an unregulated vape. I use a long spiked stem and the airflow is perfect for me on the Milaana, but all vapes have different airflow properties.

Razhumikin

I've always wondered how the draw compares to the Milaana 3, since it is also an unregulated vape. I use a long spiked stem and the airflow is perfect for me on the Milaana, but all vapes have different airflow properties.
Milaana 3 is a little more restricted draw than the toad, but theyre pretty close in that regards. The heater is super different though, the mi3 comes at you really strong and gives a bit more of a roasty flavor, whereas the toad you kind of coax the heat out and the flavor is brighter.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
18mm stem systems are more free flowing than straight 14mm OD (not to be confused with standard taper 14mm tho) but that usually comes at the cost of needing more length for cooling if you want to avoid the "sucking on a hair drier" effect.

Standard taper 14mm for on demand convection feels a tad too restricted to me (ex: original MistVape Imp), but standard taper 18mm can be unbearably hard on the throat (ex: Milaana with stock short stem)

The 14mm OD system strikes the best of both worlds: cooler vapor yet not feeling too restricted (for direct draw that is, for water filtration I have strictly no clue as I don't do that ever) I'm glad MistVape made the switch in later Imp then Impcognito models.

Razhumikin

I've always wondered the same with the Lil'Bud Classic, an other unregulated vape...Anyone know?
Luckily for you i also have a lil bud classic. Classic's airflow is more free than the toad due to dual large airports and 18mm stem. The vapor on the lil bud us a lot more similar to an mi3 than to a Toad, but while you get big clouds om all 3 thebvapor from the lil bud is a little more airy and less dense than either the mi3 or the toad. Its a product of Alans heater tech, its most similar to an iheat in terms of vapor quality.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Where've y'all been getting your spiked glass stems for your Toads and Nomads?

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Is that a thing?

Yeah. I know I've seen them posted here on FC before.

Here's an example of one from the nomad thread (not my pic):
3-B55-F7-E7-D144-4-E6-E-86-C6-F374712-A7934.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I thought mist vape made them but not anymore and not for a while, but I could be wrong

Mist used balls in his stems, never spikes

Yeah. I know I've seen them. Here's an example from the nomad thread:

You should tag this person directly to ask, seems like a custom job, actually that could be a Dreamwood cooler??

I've been talking to Phineas @Vlad the Inhaler since he makes amazing 18mm male and female vigreux spiked coolers, so I connected him with Dan so he could share specs, to make nomad /toad cooling stems someday, but they are both so busy! I think Phin will probably have TM stems before these?? He'll have something great eventually, just need a lot of patience ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yup, it was Mistvape. I love the stem, and I wish I had a few backups. Too bad they aren’t making them anymore (?)

Oh shit, I did not know he made them, probably before he switched to the balls, yeah there's no way to get them now, however he is almost done setting up his workshop again here in California now, he may be able to do glass stems again soon! I will mention it to him, we go way back lol

fangorn

I have been in contact with Mistvap for some time for the Vaponic heater and told him about these stems. He asked me to restart it regularly... I'll let you know when it's operational for the glass!!
Think something like 3 months...it might be sooner but...it all takes time!!

Vaporware

Oh shit, I did not know he made them, probably before he switched to the balls, yeah there's no way to get them now, however he is almost done setting up his workshop again here in California now, he may be able to do glass stems again soon! I will mention it to him, we go way back lol

Not sure you’ll want to maintain that friendship after you see what my Mistvape receipt called them! :rofl:

Nomad I and II nippled stem [133] Item# nsNip

Top Bottom