The Toad from Morwood

fangorn

I know the fit of the glass makes things haphazard but do you think -on paper- this stem would fit?

flammy

Thank you so much Dan! I love this Toad. For those who are familiar with my posts in the Nomad thread, you already know that I'm a fan of the Nomad. Hard to imagine honestly how he could make it better but alas here we are. The current version of the high heater is much easier for me to control and has become my goto heater.

Personally, I use a 3 second preheat, then start drawing at a rate of roughly 2x normal breathing. I ride the button until I can sense the internal heat building up, let off the button and continue to inhale utilizing the stored heat. I am using a straight glass tube stem with 12 beads sandwiched in between two basket screens. For perspective, I am not a cloud chaser but rather a flavor chaser. This device along with Nomad produces fantastic flavor and oh man, this new heater really is the bees knees. I love it. Run...don't walk and get on his list.

I know the fit of the glass makes things haphazard but do you think -on paper- this stem would fit?

Its possible this could work but its hard to say honestly. Not only do you need to be mindful of the OD of the stem to ensure a good fit, you also need to make sure that the nipples aren't placed in the area where the glass makes contact with the o-rings.

I worked with @mistvaporizer to make the first couple of batches of those nippled stems and he outsourced the production. You just need to know where not to make those dimples. If anyone has a glass blower that is willing, I can provide the measurements.

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Damn I have been LOVING my TOAD!

Anyone using a low profile, smellproof case?

How low profile are you talking? I have a soft case I really like, I can check the brand when I get home. I also have that Jyarz stash bag I will use sometimes. But no hard case

BrianTL,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
How low profile are you talking? I have a soft case I really like, I can check the brand when I get home. I also have that Jyarz stash bag I will use sometimes. But no hard case
I use my TOAD more than my modified Omni these days, and the ONLY edge Omni has over the TOAD is its ability to drop into an airtight dube tube... But TOAD is such a better experience, easier and provides larger hits.

Razhumikin

I really just have to put in a plug for Steff's cases here (the ones Dan sells). If you're gonna get a Toad you might as well get the case thats made specifically for it, its way more beautiful than any other case youre going to get and it fits the Toad like a literal glove. I absolutely adore my blue case, you can tell its of the utmost quality, and I dont think my Toad would be totally complete without it.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I use my TOAD more than my modified Omni these days, and the ONLY edge Omni has over the TOAD is its ability to drop into an airtight dube tube... But TOAD is such a better experience, easier and provides larger hits.

So you're looking for something pretty low profile and a close fit to the toad body. Maybe something from Ryot, looks like that case should fit, and I'll check the brand I have at home too.

I agree with @Razhumikin the case from Dan is the best but it's not going to check the smell proof box you're looking for. I dont think my Toad would be complete without it's case either, which is a work of art in its own.

Vaporware

I don’t have a Toad (yet), but I have this little case from Ryot: https://ryot.com/product/hard-shell-krypto-kit/

Plenty of room for my FW5, but not sure how the dimensions compare.

Plenty of room for a Toad in there too. :)

This is a splendidly satisfying photo album to view. The photographer even pays attention to the angle so that they all swipe fluidly in this digital space. :love:

I believe Dan’s still the photographer too. His attention to detail shows in these pictures just like it does in his vaporizers and other woodwork. :)

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@FlyingLow this is what I use for scent protection if I’m going somewhere where I need it. Or jumping in the car, just to minimize the risk of getting pulled over by somebody with a super sensitive nose. Even tho it’s legal just prefer to avoid the questions

Not exactly pocket friendly but it’s not much bigger than the toad. There’s a security thing to keep it in place but not pictured

2801-DBF2-FF84-4-CE3-8-C30-C80-AC03435-FF.jpg

BD356828-E3-AC-44-F8-9-DE1-A752840-C3-B8-F.jpg

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I really just have to put in a plug for Steff's cases here (the ones Dan sells). If you're gonna get a Toad you might as well get the case thats made specifically for it, its way more beautiful than any other case youre going to get and it fits the Toad like a literal glove. I absolutely adore my blue case, you can tell its of the utmost quality, and I dont think my Toad would be totally complete without it.
WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE- and I got that case too- still seeking an airtight option for travel/car/boating.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I didn't get a case from Dan. I'm still considering getting one though.

Ramahs,

checkyourlibido

Not sure about quality or fit, but here are some cheaper options:

Last edited:
checkyourlibido,

fangorn

Since you are on the subject of cases, I take advantage of it...!

would anyone be kind enough to share the dimensions of Dan's soft case? (I don't want to bother him with that)

and can we put a stem in the case with the toad? (given the fit, I don't think so...other than the one inserted into the toad!)

I'm looking for a box or case for transport... as small as possible to accommodate just 4-5 preloaded stems... I've been looking for cigar boxes, fulsil cartridge cases, pen cases... I'll see more clearly when I have the stems...

I thought of individual cases too, dynavap style or a Delta 3D item that I will put in a soft pouch... but I think the stems will be too big...

in short, if you continue on this subject, I am a taker of good ideas (or bad ones for that matter!)!

fangorn,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Your advice is well received, thank you! Every chamber gets better and better as I become more acquainted with its operation and how far I can push it.

I did have a few quick questions:

• With regards to the PERFECT carry case that you sent, I hope to stink this up to high hell over the years. Is the pouch machine washable? It appears the color is pretty well set, but I don't want to risk ruining it.
  • I can get lost looking into the lichen button- so fucking cool! Seeing the simple and precise action when looking up the battery sleeve is also real neat and easy to see how it engages. As it all appears very mechanical, I am curious, is there a simple way to lessen the tension required to press the button?
  • With all the different stem configurations, pear, burl, glass, glass w/beads, etc., what is your preferred stem setup?

I am using the high heater, and finding that [with my draw style] my sweet spot is coming in around the 5-6 count and going for the long pull until my mouth senses temps need to back down. But I am going to take your advice and just rip harder to cool versus backing off the button.

I have a ton more exploring to do, but am loving the beauty and simplicity of the entire package. From pouch to stems, to the fucking art! This is such a sweet package!

Will get some new photos over the weeks, welcome home!
006-front-jpg.13738
oh wow thats beautiful, i love shrooms

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Ramahs

flammy

This is what I use. Its not smell proof but it does a pretty good job. It also works with the Nomad 1. I found it on Amazon but its currently unavailable. Not sure when that became the case or if its a temporary situation.

Top Bottom