The Toad from Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
A newer batch of Toads, to be shipping out in a couple months.

Stats for this batch,

Top 3 Most Popular:

No. 056 - Octopus hunting little fish

No. 052 - Misty greens

No. 049 - Weathered blue 2-tone

There were 11 available Toads to choose from for this batch. Of the 9 people participating, 6 people got their first choices, 2 people got their second choice, and 1 person decided to wait until next batch.

I'll be offering out 048 (persimmon tree), 050 (lichens on magical stones), and 055 (retro Polaroid inspired) to the waitlist via the Toad lottery - so those who are on the waitlist can watch out for that email today.

________

047 - The slow life of a slug - Lichen button

DSCF9226.jpg

DSCF9227.jpg

048 - Persimmon tree - Lichen button

DSCF9228.jpg

DSCF9229.jpg

054 - Yellowy-orange and cream with logo stamp - Lichen button

DSCF9230.jpg

DSCF9231.jpg

049 - Weathered blue 2-tone, with signature logo - Japanese text reads "toad" - Lichen button

DSCF9232.jpg

DSCF9233.jpg

050 - Lichens growing on magical stones - Lichen button

DSCF9234.jpg

DSCF9235.jpg

051 Suminagashi mushrooms - Orange lichen button

This sleeve was painted in Sumi ink, using the traditional Japanese technique of suminagashi. The mushrooms are then painted on top.

DSCF9237.jpg

DSCF9238.jpg

052 - Misty greens - Lichen button

DSCF9239.jpg

DSCF9240.jpg

056 - Octopus hunting little fish - Abalone button

DSCF9241.jpg

DSCF9242.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Part 2

057 - Indigo blue with cream Japanese text that reads "toad" - Orange mushroom button (Northern cinnabar polypore)

DSCF9243.jpg

DSCF9244.jpg

058 Abstract Japanese text - a simplified version of the word "toad" - Mammoth ivory button

DSCF9245.jpg

DSCF9246.jpg

055 Retro Edition Toad, inspired by the vintage "Polaroid" VHS cassette - Ancient bog oak button

DSCF9247.jpg

DSCF9248.jpg

DSCF9249.jpg

DSCF9250.jpg

DSCF9251.jpg

DSCF9252.jpg

DSCF9253.jpg

DSCF9255.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I am shocked that Polaroid edition is headed to lottery, such amazing detail and nostalgia, but there are so many great ones in this batch as always, obviously love that octopus and fish, the weather blue and other ones with the writing are also really cool this batch! Keep on chuggin n crushin it Dan :bowdown:

Vaporware

Damn, yeah that VHS Toad would have been my top choice from this batch too. Great job on it, Dan!

I think this is good evidence that one group of people not choosing a design you’re confident in doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a great design or that people wouldn’t like similar things in future batches. :)

fangorn

I came to discuss the high and low heating... but... wahouuuuuuu.... it's magnificent... I adooooooore this lot!!

Obviously the 55 is splendid... but what I prefer are the written references... the serial number, Morwood, toad, etc! it would probably attract a lot of attention outside... but... it's art!!!
I'm a big fan of the 57, 56 and 51... that deep blue... it looks so soft... oh yes.. and the 48, and the 54... and the 47... aaaahhhhhh.. ..

and... "Ancient bog oak button"?!!

Well done @Dan Morrison , I can't wait to see the next batch!!
I'm on the Nomad 2 list.... but far.... can we get back on the Toad list?? 😁

here, I dragged... I will come back later for photos and various comments...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I mean I fucking love all of these but there's a reason my top choice was a more basic toad that cost nearly half that (don't forget there is then shipping and the extras, which for me includes the case as a must have, it is so nice I am going to get another case in the other material and indigo color when my name comes up for nomad, not sure yet if I will get that 2 now I have toad)

attackpoints

Holy shit, boys and girls, my name got drawn!

what is the right resolution for my monitor
Yessss, I'm so glad. I wrestled between that and 056. My top 3 were so close, I would have been pleased with any of them.

Yeah I mean I fucking love all of these but there's a reason my top choice was a more basic toad that cost nearly half that (don't forget there is then shipping and the extras, which for me includes the case as a must have, it is so nice I am going to get another case in the other material and indigo color when my name comes up for nomad, not sure yet if I will get that 2 now I have toad)
This also really informed my thinking when I was making my list and later when I was justifying my add ons. You could get the device, an extra glass stem, a pear stem, both heaters, and a case for less than the VHS toad.

Not in any way to diminish it, that Toad is gorgeous plus that element of customization with naming the tape? Museum worthy is right. There's no question that the craftsmanship is there. The lottery winner is for sure lucky

Falconflys

Yessss, I'm so glad. I wrestled between that and 056. My top 3 were so close, I would have been pleased with any of them.

This also really informed my thinking when I was making my list and later when I was justifying my add ons. You could get the device, an extra glass stem, a pear stem, both heaters, and a case for less than the VHS toad.

Not in any way to diminish it, that Toad is gorgeous plus that element of customization with naming the tape? Museum worthy is right. There's no question that the craftsmanship is there. The lottery winner is for sure lucky
My thought was....CHEECH&CHONG UP IN SMOKE! on it. That would have been perfect for me! Lots of history and high times with my sister. So I was justifying the cost for a great nostalgic feel and a flood of great memories!

Top Bottom