The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

kegstandman420

I was thinking the same thing but, didn’t want to start any mess. Would copper balls work? 2.5/3mm? Is Silver a possibility? Would it work with an induction heater?
Like does the wand actually heat the balls since they're stainless steel? I bought some 3mm boro and keep going back between stock zrc and boro. Can't wait for the final release! I want a rosewood stem, bought the black stem. What kind of wood is the black stem made of? It looks like it's stained that color.

kegstandman420,

Sativapo

Like does the wand actually heat the balls since they're stainless steel? I bought some 3mm boro and keep going back between stock zrc and boro. Can't wait for the final release! I want a rosewood stem, bought the black stem. What kind of wood is the black stem made of? It looks like it's stained that color.
In general the black wood used for vapes is blackwood aka grenadill aka mozambique ebony... sometimes classic ( Gabon) ebony too but I think it's more expensive and more difficult to work.

Sativapo,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That's disturbing as ebony is one of the toxic species.

In general the black wood used for vapes is blackwood aka grenadill aka mozambique ebony... sometimes classic ( Gabon) ebony too but I think it's more expensive and more difficult to work.

TommyDee,

Sativapo

I think it's grenadil not classic ebony, similar aspect but not the same essence. As I think of it the only gabon ebony piece I have is the outside sleeve of my mistvape imp cover, you don't even touch it much as it seats on a mod, the inside is maple. In general these pieces are not in the airpath.

Sativapo,

Feyd2blak

FYI

Tempest page now says: "Current EXPECTED release is around the end of June."
Awesome that's a promising sign, hopefully we get the nod for pre orders soon!
And mine is a pre-release. I know everyone has been awaiting the fully polished and calibrated version but if something were to happen and it never came to be, and I never got the updated indicators, I wouldn’t need them. I often forget that I still will be getting updated parts/indicators/accessories for a vape that feels more complete than any other I own.
I'm the same, was lucky enough that my VI works perfectly (removed the click discs as just not necessary) so even if the updated parts never showed would not be an issue and the build quality feels like will just last forever. Still buying a second one though :nod: honestly just love how this thing looks, I literally take it out just to look at it even when not vaping!

kegstandman420

So I bought the ebony stem and honestly it looks almost like it's stained that color. I could be wrong but there's spots that are light color and I wondered if it was like maple stained that color... i almost want to sand it down because the spots are killing my ocd. Already have the rosewood in the cart it looks so good!! just waiting on the upgrade it 🙏

kegstandman420,
Reactions: sedentree

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So I bought the ebony stem and honestly it looks almost like it's stained that color. I could be wrong but there's spots that are light color and I wondered if it was like maple stained that color... i almost want to sand it down because the spots are killing my ocd. Already have the rosewood in the cart it looks so good!! just waiting on the upgrade it 🙏
I'm all about black, I will eventually get a all black setup (probably with a green VI dial just because) but from a wood perspective the Rosewood sleave is my favorite and it looks great against the titanium and black versions

I'm the same, was lucky enough that my VI works perfectly (removed the click discs as just not necessary) so even if the updated parts never showed would not be an issue and the build quality feels like will just last forever. Still buying a second one though :nod: honestly just love how this thing looks, I literally take it out just to look at it even when not vaping!
I have managed to damage the metal of the caps in my excessive testing - twice - but Brenyo fixed those problems and I honest have tried really really hard to break it again .... but since the last changes - I can't (without an external event happening) so yeah, this thing is built to handle so pretty extreme use unlike so many other devices I have used in the past.

Tempest page now says: "Current EXPECTED release is around the end of June."
never felt closer, I am looking forward to holding a release version in my hands, it will be kind of special having been testing for almost 8 months

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will the Reload discount apply to people purchasing the upgrade kit as well?
I'll try to sort it out, if it's not in the pre-order newsletter then please send me an email before ordering.

Like does the wand actually heat the balls since they're stainless steel?
No, it's only heating the outer induction sleeve
So I bought the ebony stem and honestly it looks almost like it's stained that color. I could be wrong but there's spots that are light color and I wondered if it was like maple stained that color... i almost want to sand it down because the spots are killing my ocd.
It's not, you can sand it down. I'll try to find out which ebony is it exactly once the manufacturer is back from their holiday (again)

gosta

Picture of my tempest on the black stem. You can see the lighter wooder popping out in the crevices. Also the ring around the tempest on the purple. I have used the tempest daily for the last couple months I love this thing! Brenyo any thought on an xl bowl down the road?
My woodwynd ipe stem has gotten darker as I've used it, maybe from natural hand oils. If so, yours may only be darkening where you're touching it, or was it the same when you got it? Maybe brushing some sort of wood safe oil in the crevices over time could even it out.

Last edited:

kegstandman420

My woodwynd ipe stem has gotten darker as I've used it, maybe from natural hand oils. If so, yours may only be darkening where you're touching it, or was it the same when you got it? Maybe brushing some sort of wood safe oil in the crevices over time could even it out.
No the wood stem was like that when I got it (maybe 2 months). I do make sure to wax it. It's lighter where the cuts in the stem are. What's the best torch for the tempest. I cannot seem to match clouds like I get with the wand using 1,3,4 flame torch.

kegstandman420,

kokolokokolokon

It's lighter where the cuts in the stem are.
If you look at ebony wood images and you see the logs, you can appreciate the black tone is inside and it is not a super black, there are lighter parts. Make a little research of a ebony vapman to see the ighter parts in a vape. Considering the price i doubt the tempest wood sleeve is made of thew older part of the log.

Wozz

I think the balls could benefit from a description of the differences

"Higher density balls can store the heat longer and provide a smoother experience due to the slower temperature buildup.
Lower density balls heat up more quickly and can deliver a punchier hit."

There is also a table showing the different weights , density, conductivity.

I think that the updated manual is both very informative and impressive.

Mickk

8td3s8.jpg

Edit: the product page just got changed from "new stock arriving June 10" to "New stock is expected this week"...

Last edited:

HashOnMyMind

I think the balls could benefit from a description of the differences

Summary:​

• Long Sessions: Zirconia balls are the best choice due to their ability to store heat longer and provide smooth, consistent vapor.
  • Quick Hits: Borosilicate glass balls heat up rapidly, perfect for short, immediate vaping sessions.
  • Balanced Experience: Stainless steel balls offer a middle ground, suitable for those who want a mix of quick heating and good heat retention.
  • Punchy Hits: SiC balls deliver strong and immediate vapor, ideal for users who enjoy powerful hits but are okay with frequent reheating.

AndyO

I've just had a look at what's on the webpage - will there be a glass sleeve option? Will the Revolve 2 glass sleeve fit?

It's pretty much all I use with my Anvil; I use the wood stem with with my Stunner... are there any improvements to the Titanium? I guess the reason I never used it a lot is just cos there was nothing unique about it, it just kind of felt like an allrounder.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
You can see the lighter wooder popping out in the crevices.
If you can get some wax in there it will match much better, they just wax it on the surface in the factory.

Brenyo any thought on an xl bowl down the road?
Could happen

will there be a glass sleeve option? Will the Revolve 2 glass sleeve fit?
No and yes it will fit. Unfortunately the tooling cost is extremely high for this unusual size glass tube. We tried to make it in a different way but it wasn't nearly as precise so it was not worth making at this point. If the Tempest will become popular enough then there might be a new glass for it.

are there any improvements to the Titanium? I guess the reason I never used it a lot is just cos there was nothing unique about it, it just kind of felt like an allrounder.
It's def more unique now and won't get as hot

Edit: the product page just got changed from "new stock arriving June 10" to "New stock is expected this week"...
It's on the way but got stuck in China for the holiday after they assured me it won't... Just the usual... :\

Top Bottom