The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

kokolokokolokon

For mtl hits (how i use to vape with it, except if i want a monster one/two hit extraction) I set the wand at 340/350C and use the tempest in the mtl manual height adding like 2/3mm in depth.

Airflow from mid open to full open

Note: for hash. Maybe i dont get the density of a heavy conduction device mtl hit, but i get a lot of good hits and way better flavor

Davecontrol45

I think I can speak on your situation pretty well. I also have a really low tolerance, and I also prefer vaping MTL. Moreover, I primarily use the helix tip on my dynavap, which is what the WoodWynd comes with.

I can definitely vouch for the Tempest. I pretty much only hit it MTL, which makes it really easy to regulate my dosage; I just take as many MTL puffs as I want while the head is hot. Unlike most other convection vapes, you don't need to take a huge, guaranteed-to-melt-your-face (if your low tolerance like us) DTL pull on it to get good vapor.

The flavor on the Tempest is purer, and the high is a much brighter convection high, which personally I prefer over the dynavap's conduction signature. I will say, I still find that the dynavap is better for getting super thick MTL hits, on account of the conduction. Even on the Helix tip, which has more airflow than the other tips and is thus actually worse for MTL pulls. When I french inhale a nicely-roasted dynavap hit, visually the vapor is so dense it's almost looks like smoke, or the vapor from a nicotine vape. The problem is, by that point on the dynavap, the flavor is more or less gone. The Tempest I find has less of a trade-off between flavor and vapor density.

Especially since you already have some dynavaps, I think the Tempest is a no-brainer here. For me, one of the benefits of being a lightweight is that raw performance is not actually that important; I'm more interested in the personality, signature, and ritual of the vape. Either way I'll get high, but I wanna have a fun time getting there, and I want the high itself to be luxurious. The Tempest is really special; it's one of those vapes that becomes not just a tool but a companion.
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. Mad Heaters take my money!

Davecontrol45,
Reactions: Lwd0003

kokolokokolokon

Is there an update on the release of the Tempest? My last update was at the end of March, but unfortunately this is not the case.
Country Music GIF by CMA Awards

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Not likely I'm afraid, still waiting for some updated parts and the discs to be finished. :(
All we know is that there is some small part changes being finalized but it will be soon - I have working click discs and working VI - I think the final ball size isn't a certainty either - but its damn close.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Is there an update on the release of the Tempest? My last update was at the end of March, but unfortunately this is not the case.
As soon as possible, I'd rather not guess wrong again.:D The new version of the steel parts are even more challenging to manufacture than the titanium parts so it takes some time to finish (and it doesn't help that the Chinese are on a holiday again...:ko:)

ljstavy

As soon as possible, I'd rather not guess wrong again.:D The new version of the steel parts are even more challenging to manufacture than the titanium parts so it takes some time to finish (and it doesn't help that the Chinese are on a holiday again...:ko:)
soon like within the month of April? or a bit longer? just curious no biggie if you cant say haha.

ljstavy,

kegstandman420

I just got my factory second reload in purple and the thing is perfect. I see nothing that would make it a 2nd, so thanks for that! Also the decapper underneath the lid blew my mind. Seems safer opening the lid and using the underside rather than the top to take the head off. Been using the 3mm glass and I've been getting more scorching and less duration of heat vs the stock. Trade off is faster heat up time with glass, but less wiggle room from a perfect hit to combustion.

dudeguy

Updated manual, still in the works. I might change the videos not to autoplay as they're around 150-200mb overall. Videos might not work on Chrome / Edge desktop atm.

Wow that manual amazing 😮.
And I love how it even goes into detail on how to increase conduction/convection capabilities of the Tempest. So its a true all-round vape? The hype is real :D

AndyO

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but looking at the images on the manual page, the stem looks pretty much the same as the Revolve Gen 2, aside from some external cosmetic changes and the added heat shield.

Can anyone with hands on experience tell me of any major differences I'm missing? I've been considering a second Revolve, but if the Tempest is bringing an upgraded/updated stem then I'll wait it out.

If not, I imagine that heat shield will be backwards compatible with the Revolve anyway?

AndyO,

Electrofever

the stem looks pretty much the same as the Revolve Gen 2, aside from some external cosmetic changes and the added heat shield.
From what I understood, the Tempest stem is basically a v3 Revolve, with the added heat shield.

If not, I imagine that heat shield will be backwards compatible with the Revolve anyway?
I would expect the diameter of the old revolve helix cooling unit being the same than the new one, making the heat shield adaptable with old version of revolves. But that has to be confirmed, maybe someone said it wasn’t…

Electrofever,
Reactions: AndyO

HaggisHunter

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but looking at the images on the manual page, the stem looks pretty much the same as the Revolve Gen 2, aside from some external cosmetic changes and the added heat shield.

Can anyone with hands on experience tell me of any major differences I'm missing? I've been considering a second Revolve, but if the Tempest is bringing an upgraded/updated stem then I'll wait it out.

The new radiator sleeve and heat shield work fine with the older gen 1&2, from my experience the airports line up just fine.
There is a slight difference in that the helix tube no longer has an MTL and DTL setting, but with the helix airport and the airflow settings on the head, the mouthpiece adjustment isn't needed.
But yes, the sleeve and shield will be fine.

It is definitely too hot for the normal revolve titanium sleeves....

AndyO

The new radiator sleeve and heat shield work fine with the older gen 1&2, from my experience the airports line up just fine. There is a slight difference in that the helix tube no longer has an MTL and DTL setting, but with the helix airport and the airflow settings on the head, the mouthpiece adjustment isn't needed. But yes, the sleeve and shield will be fine. It is definitely too hot for the normal revolve titanium sleeves....

That's... a bummer! I still don't know whether to get another Gen 2 or wait!

I really, really love the DTL setting in the Gen 2, it + my Anvil have stopped me smoking bongs at all over the last few weeks. So that makes me think I should get another Gen 2.

But then you say the mouthpiece adjustment isn't needed with the Tempest head and that I'm going to need the shield anyway if I'm going to use the Tempest with the Gen 2, so if I'm going to need a "Gen 3" anyway - or at least pieces of one - I guess I wait?

Could the answer be getting a 2nd Gen 2 with a wood sleeve?

AndyO,

HaggisHunter

I really, really love the DTL setting in the Gen 2, it + my Anvil have stopped me smoking bongs at all over the last few weeks. So that makes me think I should get another Gen 2.

But then you say the mouthpiece adjustment isn't needed with the Tempest head and that I'm going to need the shield anyway if I'm going to use the Tempest with the Gen 2, so if I'm going to need a "Gen 3" anyway - or at least pieces of one - I guess I wait?

I have one tempest, I also run gen 1 & 2 revolve cooling units in the new wooden tempest sleeves - rosewood and ebony.

I don't feel any significant change when I swap the head over to these older stems, other than heat dissipation, but that's down to the new stem being so effective at getting rid of the heat.
I have them all set the same way for me, and all offer near identical levels of adjustment to allow a proper MTL set-up as well as a really open DTL.
So yeah, doesn't matter whether you prefer DTL or MTL, both revolve and tempest haven't covered in equal measures.

HaggisHunter,

RedZep

I think you are mad to be considering a Revolve with Dynavap tip, over a Tempest. If I misunderstood you, then I apologise.

If you have money now. My advice would be to save more, then buy a Tempest.

AndyO

I think you are mad to be considering a Revolve with Dynavap tip, over a Tempest. If I misunderstood you, then I apologise. If you have money now. My advice would be to save more, then buy a Tempest.

No, I'm looking at a 2nd Revolve to use with my Anvil, and would then just buy the Tempest oven and cap when it's available. Which doesn't sound like it's going to be soon.

Electrofever

No, I'm looking at a 2nd Revolve to use with my Anvil, and would then just buy the Tempest oven and cap when it's available.
That sounds a reasonable choice. But just wondering how the revolve stem copes with the heat of the Anvil (I don’t want to be off-thread, I know this is the tempest thread ^^)

Electrofever,
Reactions: AndyO
Top Bottom