The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Falconflys

Nice pics.

Now you need to buy the Bruce Banner strain to vape and you're all set! Just don't get angry 😉
hulk screaming GIF
Absolutely one of my go to strains for a great sativa! But here in Mi. cant be called Bruce Banner any longer because of copyright infringement. Now a few are known as Uncle Bruce.

Beansuppa

Good news, seems like finally we got the clicks right and the new batch of VI's are ready as well. Hopefully these will work perfectly.
The remaining orders will be sent out in about 2 weeks with the new VI and there will be a few more kits available before the release.

The click disc production won't be ready until the end of February, after the Chinese holiday. Currently end of March looks likely for the release.

This is how the final indicators will work.
First it's heated until time out at 280C,
then on the 2nd part of the video it's heated until the led stops blinking at 400C which is about the same temp as the previous heating method. Then we overheat with the IH where the indicator reaches the end and a little more with a torch to test if the spring can get stuck or the leg get out of it's hole on the side.

Thank you for posting this. I was able to replicate this exactly with my own tempest so I'm glad to know the VI is at least calibrated the same as the final version!

I wasn't able to watch this vid with volume so apologies if this is answered in there, but what are the click disks calibrated to? Mine don't work at all so I'm curious when they'll activate

Beansuppa,
Reactions: RedZep

RatSkull7316

Does anyone know if the Tempest fits into the 18mm to 14mm glass adapter? I'm trying to build a induction heater for it.

Also how much wattage do you guys think are the most optimal? I want to make it 100 wats max (can adjust lower) but I'm kinda scared that it might be too much and can damage the Tempest.

RatSkull7316,

ezpz

Does anyone know if the Tempest fits into the 18mm to 14mm glass adapter?
Yes and no (variance of glass and shit).

I have 3 18/14mm male adapters. One fits snug, one is loose (fits but can fall out with vigorous shaking), and one doesn’t grab the tempest at all. However, I did have a brown o-ring from a previous Madheater order that is thicker than the gray o-rings supplied. With the brown o-ring, the “non-grabbing” adapter is now tight, but the oven won’t fit the native stem now.

So it’s a gamble, but workable.

BreadStick

Hi @Brenyo is there a plan in place yet for the full release of the Tempest? I seen it's hopefully gonna happen in March and with the click discs working well I'm guessing it looks promising. Will there be a pre-order or is it gonna be a set number of units that drop on the day like the pre-releases? Sorry if this has been asked recently I had a skim through the thread but couldn't find anything

BreadStick,

RatSkull7316

Are you sure the Wand is 100w? Because it takes longer to heat up my Dynavaps with the Wand then my other induction heaters (like the Cuboo)

How did you get that 100W reading on the Wand? @Brenyo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ispire/comments/p7t9o1
On this post the Wand only get to 45W, I'm not too sure if you can adjust the heat setting to be higher and make it pump out more power.

I also saw some other posts that said the Wand heats up slower than the YLL 2.0 which only has 60 watts max.

BreadStick

How did you get that 100W reading on the Wand? @Brenyo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ispire/comments/p7t9o1
On this post the Wand only get to 45W, I'm not too sure if you can adjust the heat setting to be higher and make it pump out more power.

I also saw some other posts that said the Wand heats up slower than the YLL 2.0 which only has 60 watts max.
I can't confirm if the wand draws 100W but the power consumption of the coil probably isn't the only parameter that influences heat up time. The YLL 2.0 has a smaller coil so the dynavap would be better immersed in the magnetic field created which could heat it faster. The wand might also have something set up to measure the impedance of whatever is inserted into the coil and adjust the power accordingly.

TankeyPankey

Does anyone know if the Tempest fits into the 18mm to 14mm glass adapter? I'm trying to build a induction heater for it.

Also how much wattage do you guys think are the most optimal? I want to make it 100 wats max (can adjust lower) but I'm kinda scared that it might be too much and can damage the Tempest.
Brenyo answered this in this thread, with measurements and pictures. Let me know if you're having trouble finding it with the search.

TankeyPankey,
Reactions: bupbups

ahm123

what is the best way to clean the wooden stem if you’re not worried about cosmetics? can you just soak in iso? i am someone who wants a very deep clean. thanks!

ahm123,

bupbups

what is the best way to clean the wooden stem if you’re not worried about cosmetics? can you just soak in iso? i am someone who wants a very deep clean. thanks!
I'm a cabinet maker and we always advise best practice is the very best thing for wood is simply hot soapy water and every once in a while (genuinely once in a while) you apply a small amount of wax or oil.

TedJones

Beansuppa

It's not just about cosmetics, soaking wood in alcohol/water will cause it to swell and possibly crack. The only thing that needs to be clean in the wood stem is the liner which is titanium...just rub it down with a swab damp with alcohol, that's all you really need to do.

if you absolutely MUST clean the outside, you can clean it the same way. but make sure you rub it down with some sort of oil mix meant for wood afterwards, since the alcohol will dry the wood out. I use Boos Block board cream because I have it on hand, which is just food safe beeswax and mineral oil.

Top Bottom