The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Singularity Walker

@Brenyo

Would you consider selling Tempest kits without the Revolve intercooler and mouthpiece, for the ppl that already have a V1 or V2 and want to upgrade to the Tempest? So basically, the head and a choice of sleeves (radiator sleeve and heat shield, or wood, or glass)?
Seems planned already:
https://madheaters.co.uk/products/tempest-head

I'm sure once all the parts are final and he has stock @Brenyo intends to sell each of the components separately. I thought I had seen a page that listed them all with prices, but I can't seem to find that page now.

HaggisHunter

@Brenyo

Would you consider selling Tempest kits without the Revolve intercooler and mouthpiece, for the ppl that already have a V1 or V2 and want to upgrade to the Tempest? So basically, the head and a choice of sleeves (radiator sleeve and heat shield, or wood, or glass)?
Oddly enough I've been swapping and changing my helix's this evening and my favourite is the gen 2. Feels a bit more airy and I really like it. I stopped using the filters so I might just remove the filter tabs.

RedZep

Please be sure to post your impressions once you get to know your Tempest.

I feel pretty much the same as RedZep here. This is one of the few vapes I can use that word: love. It is wonderful to get on here and exchange ideas and see how others people react. Like RedZep, it certainly gets more interesting the more you use and learn about it.

Just tonight I tried out some bubble hash as well as pinches off a hash temple ball. I am mostly a pure cannabis kind of person (taste mostly), but because I thought the Tempest could handle the hash, I gave it a go. Wonderful experience. Wow. Without a doubt, the Tempest can make hash sing. I can't say that about other stem vapes I own. However, I do look forward to (hopefully) finer Tempest screens because it would make it easier to use other material than just grass.

I know many users like the screens from drop 2 (in Nov) and drop 1 (I guess?). It has a rather wide mesh, and I think lots of flakes (of anything) can get through. It does not clog, though, and this is why many people like it. I would rather have a finer screen (when we come to the final stretch), like the ones here. Those particular screens are too small for the Tempest, but I did use one of those on top of the wide mesh screen already in my Tempest for my hash sessions tonight. However, I have no complaints about the current screens Mad sent out in November. Brenyo has been 100% transparent about those kinds of details, so I knew what to expect.

100% agree. Without the Reload, I would feel a lot less safe handling that super hot tip. The Reload also adds to the ritual. Besides, it's wonderful way to carry around your herb. It keeps it fresh. I just need one good "stab" into my Reload with my Tempest, one gentle fingertip pat, and then the cap goes back on. Ready for take 2. It's a flow that is enjoyable, relaxing. It helps me pack my "peace pipe."

I don't want to mess with the click discs either, but I couldn't help myself with the last drop. I saw (and can confirm) that you really DO NOT need the click disc to get super awesome clouds. I do not regret buying early because I have had that much longer to save lots of herb, taste it like never before, and become elevated in a much better way.

I saw this coming in my crystal ball: Tempests being sold out super fast. I am sorry that the system overloaded on some of you, but from my own experiences with Mad Heaters, I am sure you will get what you want. If you have been lurking, I think it has been obvious that Brenyo has been transparent about unforeseen situations. Gosh, I sure I wish I could say the same about other manufacturers at the moment.

For those of you who secured a Tempest, congratulations! For those of you who did not, the Tempest is worth the wait.

I agree with RedZep, especially on his affection for his Tempest. I liked his overview of all the different sleeves, but I want to put a bug in everybody's ear about glass: I get a kick out of watching white vapor travel up the black Mad spiral. I've improvised this set up from Revolve parts, but I bet it will be better when the Tempest glass arrives, which is supposed to be thicker than Revolve glass, right? Bottom line: if visual elements contribute to your cannabis experience, then be sure to get the glass sleeve.

I agree that wood and glass are pretty much needed in your collection. You can change your setup any time you like.

@Brenyo question: does the Wand adapter you send with the Tempest have different dimensions from the stock adapter sold by iSpire? I ask because I just happened to take out all my old Dynavap stuff and came across the Wand adapter for Dynavap tips. The adapter you sent with the Tempest has A LOT more room inside the Wand to be adjusted up/down the coils. I suppose I am asking if your adapter was custom made for the Tempest.

I encourage new users to REALLY play around with all the settings when you get your Tempest. If you just look at ONE part of the Tempest--the tip/airflow--you have lots of variables just there.

I appreciate RedZep's comments about the vapor production, and I agree 99% with it, except when I am on my native Ti stem, I actually keep my airflow as open as possible. I do not attempt to make one big direct to lung hit, but I do try as hard as I can. If I keep the airflow open all the way, it makes it possible for me to attempt one mega lung rip. For me, with the open tip on native stem, I can take longer, bigger hits with fluffier clouds because they come out cooler (to me) than if I had a super restricted air tip airflow. Moral of the story: find out what works best for you. It might take a few weeks of trying out all the different combos: stem airport/airflow, mouthpiece, wood, Ti, and upcoming glass sleeves.

The Tempest is a vape you can tinker around with. Enjoy it.
I found the last part especially interesting. I intend to buy a black Tempest in the future. So if you can see the vapour better against the black, it would be another plus for the glass.

techtoker

Please be sure to post your impressions once you get to know your Tempest.

I feel pretty much the same as RedZep here. This is one of the few vapes I can use that word: love. It is wonderful to get on here and exchange ideas and see how others people react. Like RedZep, it certainly gets more interesting the more you use and learn about it.

Just tonight I tried out some bubble hash as well as pinches off a hash temple ball. I am mostly a pure cannabis kind of person (taste mostly), but because I thought the Tempest could handle the hash, I gave it a go. Wonderful experience. Wow. Without a doubt, the Tempest can make hash sing. I can't say that about other stem vapes I own. However, I do look forward to (hopefully) finer Tempest screens because it would make it easier to use other material than just grass.

I know many users like the screens from drop 2 (in Nov) and drop 1 (I guess?). It has a rather wide mesh, and I think lots of flakes (of anything) can get through. It does not clog, though, and this is why many people like it. I would rather have a finer screen (when we come to the final stretch), like the ones here. Those particular screens are too small for the Tempest, but I did use one of those on top of the wide mesh screen already in my Tempest for my hash sessions tonight. However, I have no complaints about the current screens Mad sent out in November. Brenyo has been 100% transparent about those kinds of details, so I knew what to expect.

100% agree. Without the Reload, I would feel a lot less safe handling that super hot tip. The Reload also adds to the ritual. Besides, it's wonderful way to carry around your herb. It keeps it fresh. I just need one good "stab" into my Reload with my Tempest, one gentle fingertip pat, and then the cap goes back on. Ready for take 2. It's a flow that is enjoyable, relaxing. It helps me pack my "peace pipe."

I don't want to mess with the click discs either, but I couldn't help myself with the last drop. I saw (and can confirm) that you really DO NOT need the click disc to get super awesome clouds. I do not regret buying early because I have had that much longer to save lots of herb, taste it like never before, and become elevated in a much better way.

I saw this coming in my crystal ball: Tempests being sold out super fast. I am sorry that the system overloaded on some of you, but from my own experiences with Mad Heaters, I am sure you will get what you want. If you have been lurking, I think it has been obvious that Brenyo has been transparent about unforeseen situations. Gosh, I sure I wish I could say the same about other manufacturers at the moment.

For those of you who secured a Tempest, congratulations! For those of you who did not, the Tempest is worth the wait.

I agree with RedZep, especially on his affection for his Tempest. I liked his overview of all the different sleeves, but I want to put a bug in everybody's ear about glass: I get a kick out of watching white vapor travel up the black Mad spiral. I've improvised this set up from Revolve parts, but I bet it will be better when the Tempest glass arrives, which is supposed to be thicker than Revolve glass, right? Bottom line: if visual elements contribute to your cannabis experience, then be sure to get the glass sleeve.

I agree that wood and glass are pretty much needed in your collection. You can change your setup any time you like.

@Brenyo question: does the Wand adapter you send with the Tempest have different dimensions from the stock adapter sold by iSpire? I ask because I just happened to take out all my old Dynavap stuff and came across the Wand adapter for Dynavap tips. The adapter you sent with the Tempest has A LOT more room inside the Wand to be adjusted up/down the coils. I suppose I am asking if your adapter was custom made for the Tempest.

I encourage new users to REALLY play around with all the settings when you get your Tempest. If you just look at ONE part of the Tempest--the tip/airflow--you have lots of variables just there.

I appreciate RedZep's comments about the vapor production, and I agree 99% with it, except when I am on my native Ti stem, I actually keep my airflow as open as possible. I do not attempt to make one big direct to lung hit, but I do try as hard as I can. If I keep the airflow open all the way, it makes it possible for me to attempt one mega lung rip. For me, with the open tip on native stem, I can take longer, bigger hits with fluffier clouds because they come out cooler (to me) than if I had a super restricted air tip airflow. Moral of the story: find out what works best for you. It might take a few weeks of trying out all the different combos: stem airport/airflow, mouthpiece, wood, Ti, and upcoming glass sleeves.

The Tempest is a vape you can tinker around with. Enjoy it.
Thank you for such a thoughtful and detailed review. I've been meaning to write up mine for a while now, and you inspired me!

PeePhlegm

Is 80 now the recommended number of balls for the cap? It was 90 on the website now it's back down to 80.

PeePhlegm,

Aegisz

Just going to say a it's fantastic, got the wand dialled in after a couple bowls.

Loving all the different ways to alter air flow, I'm not sure if I'm on a half bowl setting or not though. I may need to have a closer look as soon as I can stop playing with it.

Feyd2blak

Would highly recommend watching Brenyos video on page 30 before trying to remove and reinstall the VI! Decided to dismantle the cap during a regular cleaning just to familiarise myself prior to getting the calibrated VI, pretty terrifying tbh, thought I had knackered it a couple of times :doh: definitely on the fiddly side but not too bad with a bit of practise, all in working order again. Also answers the question of what that additional single dimple on the cap is for, knew it had to have a reason. But again the design is so cool, one little indent on the inside which allows the Vi bar to come out, so slick.
@Brenyo , any particular reason for the threading on the inside of the wooden stem, at the bowl end? Seems to be chewing up the o rings more than the smooth TI sleeve, anyone else having any issues?

RedZep

Would highly recommend watching Brenyos video on page 30 before trying to remove and reinstall the VI! Decided to dismantle the cap during a regular cleaning just to familiarise myself prior to getting the calibrated VI, pretty terrifying tbh, thought I had knackered it a couple of times :doh: definitely on the fiddly side but not too bad with a bit of practise, all in working order again. Also answers the question of what that additional single dimple on the cap is for, knew it had to have a reason. But again the design is so cool, one little indent on the inside which allows the Vi bar to come out, so slick.
@Brenyo , any particular reason for the threading on the inside of the wooden stem, at the bowl end? Seems to be chewing up the o rings more than the smooth TI sleeve, anyone else having any issues?
I haven't paid attention to the o-rings. I can see marks on mine. Could be from that.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
any particular reason for the threading on the inside of the wooden stem, at the bowl end? Seems to be chewing up the o rings more than the smooth TI sleeve, anyone else having any issues?
I had this issue, but think it was already slightly damaged oring from the first times reassemblings...seems like damaged oring, gets even more easily more damaged in threaded liner.
Was using my heavily damaged oring for quite some time without any problems...its on the outside after 1st oring, so shouldnt be a biggie.
Since i changed the oring for new, lubbing orings after every cleaning, gently twisting the bowl in/out the threaded liner...havent noticed the oring to get damaged anymore, so far.

Btw, my friend is blaming me he cant enjoy his Mighty no more, after i gave him to try Tempest for few times... :lol:

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Head (so tip and cap combo) yes, head and (one of 3) sleeve combo not yet.
It won't be available as bundle like that, I don't want too many products on the website. I can make a deal for it when you put both in the cart.

Has anyone found an IH other than the wand that can fit this girthy boi?
VHB 3D

Is 80 now the recommended number of balls for the cap? It was 90 on the website now it's back down to 80.
You can use between 80 and 90.
80 is the minimum, there will be 82-83 installed usually.

@Brenyo , any particular reason for the threading on the inside of the wooden stem, at the bowl end?
Without it DV Tips can slip out and the Tempest bowl might rotate. The liner tube is 8.00mm ID while the DV connections are best slightly below that, around 7.96mm. After using it a couple times it should be better once the tiny burrs are off from the thread.
Try to turn the bowl clockwise while gently pushing it in so it's going in the thread's direction. Turn anti-clockwise when removing it. Slight lubing can help a lot as well.

Peacer666

These are some of the planned colors that you'll be able to mix and match:

Tempest_colors.jpg
would like to order the purple one withe the green cage!
But could I order the green one with a purple cage?

b3d

Thanks for the orders everyone! Unfortunately the system oversold by about 30 of them even though I've put less of them up to make sure... It was just going way too quick again. :uhoh:

I'll try to reach out to those affected ASAP for a refund or I'll get some more in about 2 weeks so I can fulfil the orders.
Can we please get a pre-order link for the final release? I've been checking in each month, but at this point I'd love to just give you my money and be surprised whenever it lands in my mailbox.

VapChap09

This may have been asked already, but can i just dump the full cap with balls in into either iso or clear glass?

VapChap09,
Reactions: RedZep
Top Bottom