The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

ezpz

I'll try to reach out to those affected ASAP for a refund or I'll get some more in about 2 weeks so I can fulfil the orders.
Sucks if you’re one of these affected, but look at the bright side,….. possibly first dibs on an updated batch in 2 weeks? I wouldn’t mind that at all. In fact, I would be hoping it was me.:nod:

Managed to secure a lime green/purple, a drastic shift from my current collection of strictly raw metal themed vapes! :D

What I didn't expect was the extra reload I must have left in the basket from several months back. I was in such a rush to confirm the order, that I didn't even realise till it was too late! :ko:

RedZep

Managed to secure a lime green/purple, a drastic shift from my current collection of strictly raw metal themed vapes! :D

What I didn't expect was the extra reload I must have left in the basket from several months back. I was in such a rush to confirm the order, that I didn't even realise till it was too late! :ko:
The Reload elevates the experience to be fair. You probably won't regret it, as long as you have the funds.

The Reload elevates the experience to be fair. You probably won't regret it, as long as you have the funds.

I've been using the gen1 since release, it's an absolute necessity in my opinion! Though the magnet has basically given up the ghost, so it's the perfect excuse for my accidental gen2 purchase. :D

Also, have to throw a huge thank you your way RedZep! Your contributions to this thread have been invaluable, especially for a long time lurker such as myself. :)

Electrofever

@KindBuddyBud
Countdown link for The Tempest drop. Handles are available already here Wood Handle!

@Electrofever hey, it's a broken Sherlock pipe from Herborizer which I bought from a friend, that I had modified to a stand with a wooden shroom fixed where the pipe tube broke. I mainly use it as a bowl stand with desktop setup...
Thanks for your answer. I imagined it was something homemade with the herborizer pipe but wasn’t sure :)

Edit : ahah I just realized I posted right after the drop !! Congrats to all the lucky ones of you :)

Electrofever,
Reactions: BushRanger

Petetbay

Thanks for the orders everyone! Unfortunately the system oversold by about 30 of them even though I've put less of them up to make sure... It was just going way too quick again. :uhoh:

I'll try to reach out to those affected ASAP for a refund or I'll get some more in about 2 weeks so I can fulfil the orders.
So far I’m in, confirmed and waiting to see if it was successful.

Petetbay,
Reactions: DNice

RedZep

I've been using the gen1 since release, it's an absolute necessity in my opinion! Though the magnet has basically given up the ghost, so it's the perfect excuse for my accidental gen2 purchase. :D

Also, have to throw a huge thank you your way RedZep! Your contributions to this thread have been invaluable, especially for a long time lurker such as myself. :)
That's kind, thanks. I love the Tempest so much. So it's been really fun talking about it. I'm really excited for more and more people to get hold of one.

Such a special vape, that gets more and more interesting as you use it. I'm still learning things.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Congratulations to those who managed to snag a test kit.

As my favorite beta tester @RedZep has said many times, the more you use it the more you learn, not just about the Tempest, but also about vaping in general and I don't think we have really stopped talking about it since we got it. Even considering the other things I have been able to try over the last little while (borrowing a few devices), the Tempest is still my favorite device to watch TV with.

The Tempest has what seems like a low smell profile, it doesn't really have the same latent smell as the Mighty or other devices can maintain, for me this is especially important as it means I can use it next to my partner on the couch without her complaining about the smell, combined with the Reload I can empty the Tempest and reload for my next use while sitting next to my partner. This is a first, I usually have to leave the room to medicate.

I also personally feel its probably my preferred vape for flavorful hits. The convection dominances allows the herb to stay cool when heating the device until you draw air through the system, meaning you get to experience those volatile terps that can often get lost to radiant heat or conduction. You really get to taste and smell every aspect of the herb, better than my other PID based ball vapes through water. That's the other advantage, you don't need to use water cooling to get a smooth experience.

I kind of feel like, I can sit on the couch and have a joint while watching a movie... its an experience I thought I lost when I started vaping.

Anyway

The Tempest is such a versatile device, I am really keen to hear how the new users find it and hear any tips and tricks you may figure out along the way.

I'd also love to hear about the mistakes, what did you do at first that didn't work and how or what did you change to fix the problem? I am sure that I am still making mistakes (or not using the device in the best ways possible) months into using my Tempest, so every little bit of feedback adds a lot of value so, please, share share share :)

Anandaman

Decade plus lurker on this site feeling like I upped my vape game today to another level. Firstly, and obviously for creating an account, but also because I think/hope/am very anxiously thinking I was able to get the classic hulk coloured kit today with a reload (because that’s what all the cool kids seem to be doing apparently). I think I have a respectful vape collection, but this one seems to be the next big progression. Things in life rarely live up to the hype, can’t wait to find out in this case.

grognard3r

Things in life rarely live up to the hype, can’t wait to find out in this case.

Please be sure to post your impressions once you get to know your Tempest.

That's kind, thanks. I love the Tempest so much. So it's been really fun talking about it. I'm really excited for more and more people to get hold of one.

Such a special vape, that gets more and more interesting as you use it. I'm still learning things.

I feel pretty much the same as RedZep here. This is one of the few vapes I can use that word: love. It is wonderful to get on here and exchange ideas and see how others people react. Like RedZep, it certainly gets more interesting the more you use and learn about it.

Just tonight I tried out some bubble hash as well as pinches off a hash temple ball. I am mostly a pure cannabis kind of person (taste mostly), but because I thought the Tempest could handle the hash, I gave it a go. Wonderful experience. Wow. Without a doubt, the Tempest can make hash sing. I can't say that about other stem vapes I own. However, I do look forward to (hopefully) finer Tempest screens because it would make it easier to use other material than just grass.

I know many users like the screens from drop 2 (in Nov) and drop 1 (I guess?). It has a rather wide mesh, and I think lots of flakes (of anything) can get through. It does not clog, though, and this is why many people like it. I would rather have a finer screen (when we come to the final stretch), like the ones here. Those particular screens are too small for the Tempest, but I did use one of those on top of the wide mesh screen already in my Tempest for my hash sessions tonight. However, I have no complaints about the current screens Mad sent out in November. Brenyo has been 100% transparent about those kinds of details, so I knew what to expect.

100% agree. Without the Reload, I would feel a lot less safe handling that super hot tip. The Reload also adds to the ritual. Besides, it's wonderful way to carry around your herb. It keeps it fresh. I just need one good "stab" into my Reload with my Tempest, one gentle fingertip pat, and then the cap goes back on. Ready for take 2. It's a flow that is enjoyable, relaxing. It helps me pack my "peace pipe."

I was not going to pre order as I do not want to fiddle around with the discs etc, but then last night I thought if I could get the one I wanted I would go ahead and pull the trigger! Well funds were deployed and I got what I wanted!!!! Scored the black with the blue heat shield. Stoked!!!!!!

I don't want to mess with the click discs either, but I couldn't help myself with the last drop. I saw (and can confirm) that you really DO NOT need the click disc to get super awesome clouds. I do not regret buying early because I have had that much longer to save lots of herb, taste it like never before, and become elevated in a much better way.

Thanks for the orders everyone! Unfortunately the system oversold by about 30 of them even though I've put less of them up to make sure... It was just going way too quick again. :uhoh:

I saw this coming in my crystal ball: Tempests being sold out super fast. I am sorry that the system overloaded on some of you, but from my own experiences with Mad Heaters, I am sure you will get what you want. If you have been lurking, I think it has been obvious that Brenyo has been transparent about unforeseen situations. Gosh, I sure I wish I could say the same about other manufacturers at the moment.

For those of you who secured a Tempest, congratulations! For those of you who did not, the Tempest is worth the wait.

So a quick run down.

Glass - My least favourite due to lack of ergonomics. Just feels like a smooth tube of glass in the hand. Easy to clean. Possible to break. Also gets hot to touch on repeated heat cycles. I actually think the glass is a little worse than TI for this. Confers better flavour, which is noticed more with low temp vaping. I use this stem when I'm consciously deciding to vape at low temps.

Due to the price of glass and wood stems from MH, I would consider them must haves accessories for future purchases fron Tempest owners. For those who only want one stem I would suggest TI, closely followed by wood. The glass stem seems more supplementary, due to it's breakable nature, and lack of ergonomics. The bonus taste from the glass is nice, but it must be noted that Tempest is a great tasting vape, regardless of stem choice. So it's a minor gain, but will be worth it for low temp flavour chasers.

Please note this is all subjective, but hopefully it can help prospective buyers make a decision based on what is important to them.

I agree with RedZep, especially on his affection for his Tempest. I liked his overview of all the different sleeves, but I want to put a bug in everybody's ear about glass: I get a kick out of watching white vapor travel up the black Mad spiral. I've improvised this set up from Revolve parts, but I bet it will be better when the Tempest glass arrives, which is supposed to be thicker than Revolve glass, right? Bottom line: if visual elements contribute to your cannabis experience, then be sure to get the glass sleeve.

I agree that wood and glass are pretty much needed in your collection. You can change your setup any time you like.

@Brenyo question: does the Wand adapter you send with the Tempest have different dimensions from the stock adapter sold by iSpire? I ask because I just happened to take out all my old Dynavap stuff and came across the Wand adapter for Dynavap tips. The adapter you sent with the Tempest has A LOT more room inside the Wand to be adjusted up/down the coils. I suppose I am asking if your adapter was custom made for the Tempest.

The airflow setting at the tip is essentially vapour density. So I change it depending on set up. When using with glass I have it almost completely closed. If I'm using native with Helix tube I have it 3/4 closed. Same with half bowl and direct tube.

I don't use direct tube with full bowl.

Making the vapour denser with this setting also effects how easy it is to clear in a lung full. If you are attempting one big direct to lung hit (easier with half bowl) then you need to close off this airflow setting as much as possible otherwise.it will take too much lung space.

I encourage new users to REALLY play around with all the settings when you get your Tempest. If you just look at ONE part of the Tempest--the tip/airflow--you have lots of variables just there.

I appreciate RedZep's comments about the vapor production, and I agree 99% with it, except when I am on my native Ti stem, I actually keep my airflow as open as possible. I do not attempt to make one big direct to lung hit, but I do try as hard as I can. If I keep the airflow open all the way, it makes it possible for me to attempt one mega lung rip. For me, with the open tip on native stem, I can take longer, bigger hits with fluffier clouds because they come out cooler (to me) than if I had a super restricted air tip airflow. Moral of the story: find out what works best for you. It might take a few weeks of trying out all the different combos: stem airport/airflow, mouthpiece, wood, Ti, and upcoming glass sleeves.

The Tempest is a vape you can tinker around with. Enjoy it.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo question: does the Wand adapter you send with the Tempest have different dimensions from the stock adapter sold by iSpire?
Yes, it’s wider and custom made. The stock adapter is around 11mm ID and the Tempest adapter is 14mm ID

DNice

Are we safe if we haven‘t received an email about cancelation by now or will it take a few days?

The uncertainty is killing me 😅

DNice,
Reactions: TedJones

Duba

Accessory Maker
Well done to those who got their hands on a pre-sale kit this week.
For now, I've put the helix tube back in, closed the airport and the air intake on the cap is half open, with the 1/2 bowl. I like the roast, more uniform.
The parchment-shaped leather cases are custom-made for the Tempest for a perfect fit.

Last edited:

TedJones

Thank god, I was through that checkout by 19:02 and I was still scared I was too late. I didn't check what colour or shipping I was choosing just to speed through, I'd love to know who was first through :lol:
Say what? Do you know which color is on the way to you? :shrug::lol:

TedJones,
Top Bottom