The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Jojofernz

So you pull out when it stops blinking when reheating @ 555f (290c)?
Is that hot swapping and reloading while the VI is still active / the cap is to hot to touch?
How many bowls would you do in a row? more than 2?

I might have had the adapter in to deep at the time but I failed with hot-swapping like that at 575f(300c)... by that I mean as soon as the vapour stopped I would (and in my case the VI hasn't come all the way down) I would empty, straw refill, throw the cap back on and put it back in the wand until the blinking stopped at 300c(575f) but after a few times (4 bowl maybe) I would combust (or at least just scorch the top layer of herbs). I am going to try again (now) after fixing the adapter and having just done a clean...

@Slizzle84 I have a beta test and I am still on here every day curious about the next update and the release so VAS or not, I don't blame you for asking :) I am really looking forwards to the release version (and case and accessories and the WPA... I will stop as the VAS is talking now) :)

Last night when I was counting the reheats from a full charge of the MP28a batteries... I literally forgot what I was doing close to the end of the experiment..
So I do it when my visual indicator goes all the way back to starting position when I do back to back and pull at the blink. I think I’ve only done 3 maybe 4 back to back before I’m too high to do anymore haha

Brenyo

Manufacturer
It seems when one goes too deep that it's heating the stem more and the stem gets hotter faster. And the batteries may drain faster. Maybe it just seems that way but...
I don't think that it's heating the stem more, there is barely any heat transfer before you start drawing through it. It will get hot quicker as the hot draw starts earlier because the bowl is pre-heated more. Overall when you're finished the stem should be just as hot as with a higher insertion depth.
It shouldn't drain the batteries more either.

@Brenyo hey yo! 😁 how are ya? Sorry to be annoying & impatient 🤣 (guilty!! Hahaha) and I did search & couldn't find but will there be another presale soon? I recall seeing somewhere recently maybe 10th December?! Maybe Ive gone insane with VAS?! Both options are quite possible 🤣
Yes, still working on it. I was expecting to have the springs ready by now but it will be made with a new set of click disc samples in a few days.
So probably sometime within the next 2 weeks I'd say

Is that the "dead" zone between the top of the bowl and the ball screen? just curious
It's just not ideal, easy to combust etc.

Still not sure if I have this RDL thing down with the Tempest…
Push the adapter a bit further down and maybe slightly reduce the timer with it as well - you'll get a quicker draw.

So, on the day of release, will all models be available in titanium, glass and wood?
That's the plan

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Push the adapter a bit further down and maybe slightly reduce the timer with it as well - you'll get a quicker draw.
Interesting, I will play with the idea - truthfully I was really happy with that extraction before though, I actually only use my other devices when the Tempest is too hot or for different situations/circumstances.

VapingYogi,

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs
Yes, still working on it. I was expecting to have the springs ready by now but it will be made with a new set of click disc samples in a few days.
WOOOO! YASSS! 🥳🙌🏻 Actually Vapemas! Christmas 🎅🎄 thanks so much for replying! 😁 appreciate ya! Thank you & I’ll be more than ready in 2 weeks! 🥹💚🥳😁

BlazeyMcBlazeFace,

Dubber

I think the coil in my Wand definitely has to be off, cause this my AVB, after one heatcycle, with the glass all the way UP!
If I push it down, even half a millimeter, I get combustion on top of the bowl.
But I´m fine with it, cause it´s the way I like it and completely even and completely extracted!
But weird, nevertheless, when I´m reading about the glass, even pushed out the bottom a bit, that would burn my flower, hahaha ;)

I have found a temporally carrying tube: the Revolve 2 Tube is nearly perfect, I put a little bit of cotton in the top and bottom, so it doesn´t wiggle around. And it can take the residual heat very well :)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How is all the temp components coming along, are you starting to get happier with the click disc and VI? looking forward to seeing it all in action

I’m using it mostly or fully opened.
Thanking you

VapingYogi,

TedJones

Might have already been addressed already but I loaded just a half bowl, with the screen set down for a full. Leaving the holes exposed like this.
Worked just fine but I didn’t notice much difference from the screen set higher. Having the load closer to balls would be more beneficial imo.

Switched to the helix to give a try. Not noticing a lot of difference there. Maybe a bit more cooling but will need more play time with that. When I switched them out, the scu was so gooey with absolutely no particles :love: My throat thanks you!

rebelFarmer

I run quite a few back to back bowls, I also re hit hash bowls and occasionally flower. No issue for me, first heat is to time out, second I pull by checking the visual indicator but generally it gets back up to heat pretty quick. Very few issues combusting on my end with that.

Jojofernz

I run quite a few back to back bowls, I also re hit hash bowls and occasionally flower. No issue for me, first heat is to time out, second I pull by checking the visual indicator but generally it gets back up to heat pretty quick. Very few issues combusting on my end with that.
What temp setting and about where is your insert on wand?

Jojofernz,

rebelFarmer

What temp setting and about where is your insert on wand?
Everywhere from 500 - 550 depending on, I am right below the lines on the tempest head when inserted into the adapter.

I tend to go by feel/check a bit often on a round 2, I figure since it wont be ran again to time out it makes no difference although honestly I usually find the VI is right around the 3rd mark and ready to go very quick, I also pay attention to my draw on a second round, the surest way I have found to combust or just cough is by trying to draw too hard too fast!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
There aren't a lot of WPA options out there for 18mm joints. Nearly all the 18mm ones I have found have been three ways that do 10, 14 and 18 and they are not particularly stable on an 18mm jointed water piece. They work, they just aren't very solid. This is an example of the style I like and he (HookahHeadShop) has apparently just gotten in some 18mm joints, so maybe this will be the way I can go. Unfortunately, he won't have this opaque blue that I really like...
il-1588x-N-5547161634-j15i.jpg

Added: As much as I hate the idea of using a reducer when I shouldn't have to I may end up just getting this 14mm one because I really do like the color and opaqueness (opacity?) of it.

Last edited:

Smknbud

I've tried various iterations of setting up the Tempest but end up back where I started from day 1. Airflow wide open along with the air path control. Helix with scu in place. Wand at 625F till auto time out and reheats for back to back with manual mode. My AVB has been pretty consistent.

I really love this thing.... a lot.

174194225.jpg

174194224.jpg

174194223.jpg

rebelFarmer

What kinda grind are we all liking? I am thinking of maybe trying a new grinder and leaning towards a fine grind in the hopes I can squeeze a few extra puffs

rebelFarmer,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Is this a corruption of RTL, as in "Ride Da Line"?
I think I had one to many at that stage - which is an impressive feat! so yeah RDL is now a thing *nods*

I always find a fine grind works best
I tend to use medium grind, I used to always use fine with my Dynavaps but I have been using medium in the Tempest as I would my other ball vapes as its usually better airflow, but usually with hash topper lately anyway to give it a boost...

I am loving no-hands, its nice to be able to heat and puff while I type from long enough to actually finish a post

My VI gets stuck so i can't use the VI so its all timing (I have been to sick to fix it but there is a fix) which is why I struggle to do it for to long without scorching.

Last edited:

TedJones

It’s pretty forgiving on the grind. I loaded some coarse in a full bowl which still provided good results. Really liking the efficiency of the half bowl though. Getting a lot more out of that than expected :tup: Here’s a quick morning pull through water and still got a bit afterwards sucking on the adapter :p

rebelFarmer

I may try an upgrade to a BCG with some different plates, I lost my old quality grinder and been using a cheaper one for a bit.. does the job and back to my roots LOL but this thing is something else.. deserves some playing with grind and I enjoy a longer session on a bowl and notice that I wanna reload/stop when it gets to a kinda medium... never knew I was such a flavour chaser till I had this thing!

I have gone through a lot more bud than ages before just cos it hits so good and with the reload all things considered is so convenient. The experience is amazing. I am gonna need to set in some boundaries here soon LOL as I been using outside of the normal range that is good for my own self! This thing is basically what I always hoped a vape could be, genuinely a more joint like experience but better.

Top Bottom