The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Duba

Accessory Maker
Have you tried using the direct tube instead of the helix tube?
Well, I changed the tube and modified my settings a little : direct tube, matrix airflow 2/3 closed, bypass mode (but closed by my finger).
The device is indeed getting much cooler...and the clouds are much more massive and dense. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it saved me a lot of time and energy.🙂
I'm happy with this setting and I know that other combinations are possible, but I'm reassured that native use is great.
I'm now waiting to dress it in wood.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Not sure there would be any point in a IH when the wand heats it so well....I have not touched a torch since getting my wand.
While I will agree with you that it is not urgent that @Brenyo finish developing and release his induction heater as long as the Wand is available, the Wand is not a replacement for the Sense. The Sense is/will be much more involved and feature rich than the Wand will likely ever be. The most obvious difference is that the Wand has no temperature control. One can only control the amount of heat by adjusting how long your device remains in the socket. The Sense will actually have an adjustable temperature along with many other features. Or at least that is the plan If I am not mistaken.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Well, I changed the tube and modified my settings a little : direct tube, matrix airflow 2/3 closed, bypass mode (but closed by my finger).
The device is indeed getting much cooler...and the clouds are much more massive and dense. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it saved me a lot of time and energy.🙂
I'm happy with this setting and I know that other combinations are possible, but I'm reassured that native use is great.
Awesome mate I am glad to hear it... Really glad that the change of tube had the desired affect, I was hopeful but I wasn't sure :) but see that's the strength that the Tempest has over some other devices, the configurations it has really does make a noticeable and meaningful difference in the experience to cater for different tastes...

When you dress it in wood I wanna see :) I have been lurking over your work for while. I will get a MAD Heaters wooden sleeve (and glass, and WPA) on release (when they are available) but I am interested in what you come up with for the Tempest, and maybe some sort of combo, Tempest, Wand, Decapper, leather bowl combination :) the mind runs wild with ideas :)

The Sense is/will be much more involved and feature rich than the Wand will likely ever be
Our experiences with how @Brenyo approaches a problem suggest that the sense has the potential to be a really impressive device. I am not going to make any assumptions based on old designed or diagrams or even prototypes as I am sure that things will have changed after the release of the Tempest (like the Tempest draws more power from the wand than a dynavap does). I actually use the wand all the time now (having never used it before the Tempest) so I am actually more interested in the Sense now especially coming from the same minds.

I've been putting some Blueberry Muffin Moonrocks in the Tempest sandwiched between flower. It's so tasty and worth the little extra cleaning required.
Well it looks like I know what I am doing with my evening tonight :)

You have inspired me, I might just make a couple out of the little bowl size buds I pulled out of the Blueberry OG (Jade) tub I just opened and try and vape them whole, getting the size right is going to be fun but damn this is going to be meeesssyyy.

Last edited:

flyin911

Use, Misuse, and Abuse!
I got my Reload 2 last week with no problems. My tempest tracking said it was leaving the United Kingdom headed for the USA on the 21st, then on the 22nd it made 2 stops in Asendia Uk both times saying it was in transit to final destination , then on the 24th it appeared in Geneva Switzerland still saying parcel is in transit to final destination with no more updates afterwards. This is frustrating, anyone else have shipping issues from the latest drop of the tempest?

flyin911,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I got my Reload 2 last week with no problems. My tempest tracking said it was leaving the United Kingdom headed for the USA on the 21st, then on the 22nd it made 2 stops in Asendia Uk both times saying it was in transit to final destination , then on the 24th it appeared in Geneva Switzerland still saying parcel is in transit to final destination with no more updates afterwards. This is frustrating, anyone else have shipping issues from the latest drop of the tempest?
took 14 days of silence before Ascendia updated with my last shipment, don't stress, there seems to be a bit of a slow down at the moment

VapingYogi,

Misterhyde

Have you tried parcelsapp.com? It somehow has more tracking information. Mine spent about 1 week in Switzerland but has finally cleared customs in NY. Looks like I should have it before the end of the week.

rebelFarmer

Mine has not arrived yet, still in Switzerland according to Parcel app but thats fair enough given the time of year and even when it hits the US will take a bit of a ride to reach my frozen little patch!

Anyone got any settings to make the thing hit kinda joint like? I love the fact that it holds heat better so kinda hoping to pack a full bowl and sip on her like I would have a joint but with all the benefits of vaping.. Would be using either hash with cotton or some straight flower. Anyone else appreciate that kinda vibe?

IMG-20231127-143637467.jpg

Had my Tempest for a few days now and I can only add to the positive reviews in this thread.

Foolproof heating in the wand, great flavour and cool vapour without having to rush to finish a bowl. The visual indicator is genius. It makes a repeatable experience easy to attain.

I anodised my heatshield myself as I would have purchased this colour combination if available. Turned out okay considering I'd never done it before!

As a side note, the leather sleeve for the Dani v3 fits the Tempest perfectly.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

Had my Tempest for a few days now and I can only add to the positive reviews in this thread.

Foolproof heating in the wand, great flavour and cool vapour without having to rush to finish a bowl. The visual indicator is genius. It makes a repeatable experience easy to attain.

I anodised my heatshield myself as I would have purchased this colour combination if available. Turned out okay considering I'd never done it before!

ooooh pretty

Mine has not arrived yet, still in Switzerland according to Parcel app but thats fair enough given the time of year and even when it hits the US will take a bit of a ride to reach my frozen little patch!

Anyone got any settings to make the thing hit kinda joint like? I love the fact that it holds heat better so kinda hoping to pack a full bowl and sip on her like I would have a joint but with all the benefits of vaping.. Would be using either hash with cotton or some straight flower. Anyone else appreciate that kinda vibe?
I love that vibe, its achievable on different settings, I have often used cotton and wax/hash and just kept reheating her over and over again until there was no vapor using the helix tube to cool the vapour and I would swap from puffs to longer draws and back again.... sometimes I play around with just herb with direct tube / closed which is hotter but more condensed vapour and good for small puffs for 40-50 seconds or so... i'm still playing around though

Last edited:

Beansuppa

I'm going to start a support group called "Waiting on Geneva", who's with me?

:rofl::bang:

Editing as to not double post:

Have you tried parcelsapp.com? It somehow has more tracking information. Mine spent about 1 week in Switzerland but has finally cleared customs in NY. Looks like I should have it before the end of the week.
Thanks for posting this...my Shop app was still telling me it was in Geneva still but this site is telling me it was being processed in New York as of this morning. Now the customs waiting game begins!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Close. Instead here is a shipping thread so we don't have to muddy up this one.

flyin911

Use, Misuse, and Abuse!
I had tried a couple of sites, not sure if parcelsapp.com was one or not but ima try it now. Thanks fer the link it says it was handed over to customs this morning in New York. That's much better, I was starting to have flash backs of waiting on my Revolve Gen 2 last year 😵‍💫

Last edited:
flyin911,
Reactions: simba

sheaegan24

Do we have a date on public launch of The Tempest or am I just waiting for a restock and missed the initial?

sheaegan24,
Reactions: Flow

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
So, this means you removed that cooling spiral in the stem (or different stem, what kind?), flow setting 2/3, tapped carb hole? Massive and dense clouds sound like a win win :)

Oh and by dressing it in wood, you mean changing the heat shield to wooden one? I'm planning on doing that, only a little worried I'd be damaging orings by taking the wood on and off.

Dressing it in wood feels like that final touch :)

BushRanger,

BlazeyMcBlazeFace

I want nugs not hugs

Omg it’s beautiful can’t wait to get one!

Feyd2blak

Soo, had my test kit for a week and a bit, wanted to finally join the Yay sayers in saying this thing rocks :clap:

In brief, and repeating many other posters:

Test kit working well, VI pretty smooth, the click discs work ok but very early, must be about 1 on the VI. Ball screen seems solid, not taken if off but loosened it and re-tightened. Mesh screens working in both bowl positions

Build quality is Quality with a capital Q, just supremely well machined, all fits together so nicely, the little indents on the bottom of bowl, the way the heat shield clicks into place, excellent, I feel like Private Pyle lovingly slotting his M14 back together :rockon:

The Visual Indicator is just a game changer, the ability to stick it in the wand and watch it to get precisely the setting you want is amazing, especially for re-heating a bowl again. Renders click discs almost obsolete in many ways. Not that I reheat many bowls now, no need

Vapour is tremendous, just keeps giving and giving, does require a bit more dialling in than I thought, even a slight change of depth in the wand makes a big difference, its very easy to get a really dark roast/just right side of combustion, I think as the heat in the weed/bowl increases with each draw. But pretty much perfect for a one heat, multiple draw extraction to a nice brown AVB. Long time joint smoker and this is definitely hitting the spot dyna & dani were not.

Prefer using it on half bowl setting so far, probably because it means I can use it more! But still smacks on half bowl setting, and might be my imagination but seems to keep the mesh screen a bit cleaner as well.

It gets hot! Hotter than I was expecting, was showing it to a mate last night so did 4 bowls in quick succession and was almost too hot to touch at the bowl end of the stem. It never transfers to the bottom of the stem however so always cool to hold there. I have a heat sink I got for the dynavap armoured cap which fits the Tempest nicely so using that to store/cool it, looks wonderfully cyberpunk as well.

So all in all the first thing in quite some time that is actually living up to the hype.

Im definitely getting a smell with the wand, worse on higher heat settings. Will be another one waiting on the MH induction heater, a plug in version appeals already, as good as the wand is.

Think im preferring the direct tube on bypass so far but not found a bad setting

Cant wait to get a wooden stem, both to see how handles the heat and because as beautiful as it is in titanium, wooden stems just looks classier.
Anyone any idea if accessories will be available before the main release?
Thank you @Brenyo!

Duba

Accessory Maker
So, this means you removed that cooling spiral in the stem (or different stem, what kind?), flow setting 2/3, tapped carb hole? Massive and dense clouds sound like a win win :)
i remove the helix tube replaced by the direct tibe. The SCU stayed in place.
Oh and by dressing it in wood, you mean changing the heat shield to wooden one?
yes sir.

Dressing it in wood feels like that final touch :)
The final touch could be the leather parchment case
;)

I think as the heat in the weed/bowl increases with each draw.
Agree. This is impressive and interesting.

RedZep

Soo, had my test kit for a week and a bit, wanted to finally join the Yay sayers in saying this thing rocks :clap:

In brief, and repeating many other posters:

Test kit working well, VI pretty smooth, the click discs work ok but very early, must be about 1 on the VI. Ball screen seems solid, not taken if off but loosened it and re-tightened. Mesh screens working in both bowl positions

Build quality is Quality with a capital Q, just supremely well machined, all fits together so nicely, the little indents on the bottom of bowl, the way the heat shield clicks into place, excellent, I feel like Private Pyle lovingly slotting his M14 back together :rockon:

The Visual Indicator is just a game changer, the ability to stick it in the wand and watch it to get precisely the setting you want is amazing, especially for re-heating a bowl again. Renders click discs almost obsolete in many ways. Not that I reheat many bowls now, no need

Vapour is tremendous, just keeps giving and giving, does require a bit more dialling in than I thought, even a slight change of depth in the wand makes a big difference, its very easy to get a really dark roast/just right side of combustion, I think as the heat in the weed/bowl increases with each draw. But pretty much perfect for a one heat, multiple draw extraction to a nice brown AVB. Long time joint smoker and this is definitely hitting the spot dyna & dani were not.

Prefer using it on half bowl setting so far, probably because it means I can use it more! But still smacks on half bowl setting, and might be my imagination but seems to keep the mesh screen a bit cleaner as well.

It gets hot! Hotter than I was expecting, was showing it to a mate last night so did 4 bowls in quick succession and was almost too hot to touch at the bowl end of the stem. It never transfers to the bottom of the stem however so always cool to hold there. I have a heat sink I got for the dynavap armoured cap which fits the Tempest nicely so using that to store/cool it, looks wonderfully cyberpunk as well.

So all in all the first thing in quite some time that is actually living up to the hype.

Im definitely getting a smell with the wand, worse on higher heat settings. Will be another one waiting on the MH induction heater, a plug in version appeals already, as good as the wand is.

Think im preferring the direct tube on bypass so far but not found a bad setting

Cant wait to get a wooden stem, both to see how handles the heat and because as beautiful as it is in titanium, wooden stems just looks classier.
Anyone any idea if accessories will be available before the main release?
Thank you @Brenyo!
It's performance surpassed my hype levels. Stayed that way. My hype levels were probably highest it's ever been for a vape.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It's performance surpassed my hype levels. Stayed that way. My hype levels were probably highest it's ever been for a vape.
Well, the hype levels can't get much higher, so it's gonna be really tough for this device to meet expectations. I am really hoping, and am pretty confident, that it will.

Top Bottom