The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

It could be 2 things which will be fixed with the final parts.
Either the click disc is getting stuck under the pointer or the VI spring fell down and got stuck. If you can screw it apart and send a picture of the coil (you don’t have to take it out) I’d be able to tell and there’s a fix for it.
I noticed the disc and thought those light be causing it, but I used a small pick and they moved freely on both sides and the VI still didn't move so that seemed fine.

Against the light looking at it from the slots, there is an equal gap above and below the VI.
Once I'm back home I'll take a photo of the assemble and send it.

How do I put photos up here?
I have couple strains in atm. Gulf in quality between the two. One absolutely puts out more vapour for longer.

The material is alway the bottleneck for the Tempest. The material taps out before the heat capacity does.
More I think about it the more I think that's what it is, abv looks good for me.
I pushed it a few times last night and was definitely towing the line which I didn't like as the taste was pretty poor.
Think I was temporarily affected by some kind of FOMO 😂
In the end, I went to bed absolutely smashed 😂

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I pushed it a few times last night and was definitely towing the line which I didn't like as the taste was pretty poor
I was playing around with a bunch of different heat up timings and the longer I would heat the Tempest (aka the hotter I would take it) even though I could get the roast darker - It would be at the cost of flavour and there would be no real benefit effects wise by taking it that far.

... and to be honest, I prefer the experience of a low to medium timed heat up (*day dreams of the release as working click discs and VI*) I am happy with the heat retention - I don't feel rushed, I can answer a question from my partner and come back to take a draw or two it without either having to reheat it because the heat retention as run out... or have to reload it because the conduction or radiant heat has caused the herb to be spent even though you haven't taken a draw.

Beansuppa

Nice fit!:tup:
20231125-031235.jpg

20231125-031210.jpg
Ok, this is amazing, and I need to know where it's from

lluther

Apologies if this a noob question, I've been using it with the wand on 300c, I noticed that the orange light stop blinking and goes solid for the last part of the time, then it gives the timeout message. Even when it's solid orange, it's still heating right?

lluther,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Apologies if this a noob question, I've been using it with the wand on 300c, I noticed that the orange light stop blinking and goes solid for the last part of the time, then it gives the timeout message. Even when it's solid orange, it's still heating right?
yep, when full orange it still heats but at a much slower rate, designed to maintain the banger/glass at a specific temperature - simply put it pulses the heating element when full orange, you can hear it come on and off.

Duba

Accessory Maker

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Thanks, i'll make some units especially designed for the Tempest soon. And when the official release is here with all the colors to choose from, I could make the parchment cases in matching colors.:D
I’ll be watching for them, you do nice work.

Thanks! One of the most surprising things about the Tempest is that I haven't picked up my Tinymight 2 since!
That is interesting, I’m glad you’re getting the experience you are looking for :) how are you finding the flavour when using the tempest? What about the clouds are they comparable to what you use to use - or better (subjectivity)?

@Brenyo just confirming I’m on the right track. @Duba wrote about the same experience I get you take a very long inhale (like a cartoon charactor trying to smoke a whole cigarette in a single breath) the stem, and the carb, can get very hot.

This has nothing to do with heat transfer between the bowl and radiator sleave? I only ask because of how the radiator sleeve and bowl lock together, metal on metal, because of the teeth and notches on the stem connect together which feels like a path for the heat to travel to bypass the o-ring - or am I overt thinking that?

I was thinking that most of heat that @Duba is talking about is actually coming from the heat in the air / vapour travelling, through the device and cooling against the sleeve which in turn is causing the sleeve and carb hole hit to touch?

You can change this right? You can make it so that… let me try and explain… (please correct me if I’m making stuff up).

In order to decrease the heat of the radiator sleeve, heat shield and the carb hole, when doing lots of back to back bowls or sucking the whole bowl down in a deep breath - if you swapped the Helix tube for the Direct tube, you would change the flow of air such that instead of the vapour going around the condenser (and therefore heating the sleave) the air/vapour would go down the middle of the condenser tube and the air from the carb (depending on config) could circle around the condenser and cool the sleeve/heat shield and carb hole - but at the cost of increased vapour temperature?

I really can’t wait until clicks and visual indicator are working, the nuances and fine tuning that they are going to add to the ritual and dialling in techniques, it - I imaging - might feel like a different device at that stage for a while.

Last edited:

lluther

I’ll be watching for them, you do nice work.

That is interesting, I’m glad you’re getting the experience you are looking for :) how are you finding the flavour when using the tempest? What about the clouds are they comparable to what you use to use - or better (subjectivity)?

@Brenyo just confirming I’m on the right track. @Duba wrote about the same experience I get you take a very long inhale (like a cartoon charactor trying to smoke a whole cigarette in a single breath) the stem, and the carb, can get very hot.

This has nothing to do with heat transfer between the bowl and radiator sleave? I only ask because of how the radiator sleeve and bowl lock together, metal on metal, because of the teeth and notches on the stem connect together which feels like a path for the heat to travel to bypass the o-ring - or am I overt thinking that?

I was thinking that most of heat that @Duba is talking about is actually coming from the heat in the air / vapour travelling, through the device and cooling against the sleeve which in turn is causing the sleeve and carb hole hit to touch?

You can change this right? You can make it so that… let me try and explain… (please correct me if I’m making stuff up).

In order to decrease the heat of the radiator sleeve, heat shield and the carb hole, when doing lots of back to back bowls or sucking the whole bowl down in a deep breath - if you swapped the Helix tube for the Direct tube, you would change the flow of air such that instead of the vapour going around the condenser (and therefore heating the sleave) the air/vapour would go down the middle of the condenser tube and the air from the carb (depending on config) could circle around the condenser and cool the sleeve/heat shield and carb hole - but at the cost of increased vapour temperature?

I'm can't comment yet on flavour comparison, but there is a satisfying profile to the draw that hits the spot. I would need more time to make other comparisons including clouds.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm can't comment yet on flavour comparison, but there is a satisfying profile to the draw that hits the spot. I would need more time to make other comparisons including clouds.
Respect that.

@Brenyo question, people wanting to use concentrates, the end goal is to have a MAD heaters concentrate solution?

I managed to not pack my bowl properly and a bowl of herbs, with a drop of wax, fell on the ball screen and… it took a while for it to stop smoking, then for me to clean so…. it’s 4am I have to wait until I get up for it to dry to see if o was able to clean it all.

So much burning smell, was just glad my girl was asleep.

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
So, i'm thinking of buying a Wand before my Tempest gets here. It makes sense to me since it seems to be recommended by lots of the early users and if i have a wand available i don't "have to" torch that lovely Tempest tip upon arrival... IH-use might keep it cleaner/shinier.

Is there an insert that comes with the Tempest (i saw something but don't remember the exact deal tbh) or do i need to buy one?
If there is one included: does that work also with Dynavap tips?

Does the glass DV insert that can be bought with the wand work with the Tempest?

666Honeybadger,

shadymilkman

Respect that.

@Brenyo question, people wanting to use concentrates, the end goal is to have a MAD heaters concentrate solution?

I managed to not pack my bowl properly and a bowl of herbs, with a drop of wax, fell on the ball screen and… it took a while for it to stop smoking, then for me to clean so…. it’s 4am I have to wait until I get up for it to dry to see if o was able to clean it all.

So much burning smell, was just glad my girl was asleep.
a few ppl have posted videos of them using hash and other concentrates with the device on this thread and hadnt seen any complaints about needing a separate solution, maybe dont pack so high or bury the concentrate in a flower sandwhich.

shadymilkman,

ezpz

Is there an insert that comes with the Tempest (i saw something but don't remember the exact deal tbh) or do i need to buy one?
According to the website, the wand insert should be included with this last drop (unless I’m reading it wrong). If someone who received their tempest from the latest drop could confirm, that would be great.

Got my Wand in yesterday. Ordered Wednesday, shipped that day, flew across the country (east coast to Hawaii), and delivered Friday. Thanks @VGOODIEZ . :tup:

Patiently awaiting my Tempest. Seems it wanted to take a trip to the Swiss Alps before coming home. Last chance to see snow I guess.

Shorner

According to the website, the wand insert should be included with this last drop (unless I’m reading it wrong). If someone who received their tempest from the latest drop could confirm, that would be great.

Got my Wand in yesterday. Ordered Wednesday, shipped that day, flew across the country (east coast to Hawaii), and delivered Friday. Thanks @VGOODIEZ . :tup:

Patiently awaiting my Tempest. Seems it wanted to take a trip to the Swiss Alps before coming home. Last chance to see snow I guess.
Yes the wand adapter is included

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Great to see so many more of you have them now or on the way already, this thread moves way too quick and I don't have the energy to follow it that closely, so I'm not sure if we are in final release territory yet or if these are still early test units lol but congrats all!

Shorner

Great to see so many more of you have them now or on the way already, this thread moves way too quick and I don't have the energy to follow it that closely, so I'm not sure if we are in final release territory yet or if these are still early test units lol but congrats all!
Still in.test unit days.....from.the previous drops id say there's probably a 100 or so been sent out....the full release is expected in January.

Top Bottom