The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Shorner

@Brenyo I'm just wondering what the situation with the screen is on the full release? Are you going with the mesh style or a Dynavap type? Or something totally different?

simba

@weedanwine
Mine just hit US soil. 😳
Anything I need to know? What kind of grind are you guys using?
The anticipation is physically painful.
Good question.

Can anyone confirm if you can put a small nug into the Tempest and get a complete extraction from it? I can do that with the TA and if I squish the bud after vaping it's evenly vaped through the bud.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
For those impatiently tracking, the parcelsapp tracking got far more updates and real time; the standard tracker lagged way behind on my delivery.

Timps27,
Reactions: Brenyo

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
My thoughts exactly. Been using my AC like mad until Tempest arrives. Her days are definitely numbered.
That Dynavap won't see the light of day as soon.as the Tempest arrives🤣🤣
I am looking forwards to the final parts and temperature control but don't let that fool you...

I have packed away all my dynavaps

I also put away my Freight Train Pro as in my testing, the same amount of herb in the FT Pro as the Tempest, the FT Pro can still leave a green ring or at least spots at the bottom that if I stir I get another hit from but in the Tempest not so much.

and one of my Anvils is packed away...

Can anyone confirm if you can put a small nug into the Tempest and get a complete extraction from it? I can do that with the TA and if I squish the bud after vaping it's evenly vaped through the bud.
haven't tried but I will if I can find a bud that isn't so dense that it would just block the airflow completely, I'll give it a try soon

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I like the mouthfeel and cooling of the vapor in native mode (my favorite way to use vaporizers), in that the stem is effective. I suppose the downside is that the heat will hide in the metal. At the end of a bowl, the carb itself is very hot (I like it when it's closed, opening it would probably help, to be tested).
Have you tried using the direct tube instead of the helix tube?

I haven't received my Tempest yet and I'm already starting to regret recent purchases. I probably could have held out and got another Tempest. Oh well, I guess people have worse problems than this.
A week before I found the Tempest a I bought a Simrell MVS and I have used it maybe 3 times.... I haven't even put the Tempest bowl/cap on it because I like the Tempest one so much.. that kills me the most, the MVS and Tip that just doesn't get used and is new... really annoying...

I literally have more dynavaps than I will count - of which I think I am going to give away all the M's in a little giveway in the medical cannabis group I am in because it will be fun having a bunch of smokers trying to figure out a dynavap :)

If I had found the Tempest in September I would have saved (my girlfriend) a lot of money.

Last edited:

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
@Duba, cought your last brown parchment case that was stocked. What a lovely creation! Made me abandon the idea to have it made at the local shoemaker...heck there was even blackfriday sale. I really like the aspect that it could be easily brushed/cleaned on the inside.

Vive la révolution!

simba

@weedanwine
I haven't received my Tempest yet and I'm already starting to regret recent purchases. I probably could have held out and got another Tempest. Oh well, I guess people have worse problems than this.
It's nice to have a stock though 😏 things break, or it gives you the ability to help someone in need. Also as they say, variety is the spice of life 😂

I understand the want for minimal setups, but as someone who collects records and has a music studio. The space my vape stuff takes up is negligible in comparison.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@Duba, cought your last brown parchment case that was stocked. What a lovely creation! Made me abandon the idea to have it made at the local shoemaker...heck there was even blackfriday sale. I really like the aspect that it could be easily brushed/cleaned on the inside. Vive la révolution!
I have to admit I am finding it hard holding back :)

It's nice to have a stock though 😏 things break, or it gives you the ability to help someone in need. Also as they say, variety is the spice of life 😂 I understand the want for minimal setups, but as someone who collects records and has a music studio. The space my vape stuff takes up is negligible in comparison.
I want the one that is "portable" or for watching tv on the couch to have a small footprint.. but my collection of vapes is smaller than my girlfriends gaming collection by a very long shot thought

Last edited:

bhasma

@bhasma I found this quote from another thread but is this the sort of thing you where trying to explain in your previous posts? That is temperature is the most important factor for the subjective experiences people talk about with regards to "body stone" or "cerebral effects" from a "science" point of view & that convection vs conduction doesn't matter so much as the ability for the device to be able to bring all the herbs in the bowl to the desired temperature?

I've been running my Tempest "hotter" 340c until timeout and then managing the temperature using my breath. I find the extraction is more complete and the colour is probably where you want it, but the flavour has gone, so you swap flavour for the extraction quaility if you're trying to clear a bowl in a single heat (with full extraction). The only thing is that subjectively I am not really experiencing anything different (other than flavour).

Keen to hear your thoughts?

REF: Cannabinoid boiling point chart.
71oimmXFR7L.jpg

** I just want to mention I borrowed this from a thread from by @Vapvana and felt it might be useful here for this discussion, there is more information there, I just wanted to borrow this to confirm if I understood @bhasma's explanation's in regards to the Tempest
I was trying to explain that temperature, technique and tolerance have more impact than vape signature on the effects obtained from a device, and that comparing the effects of different devices is subjective and too variable for any particular definition of their relative feelings. And the father of "vape signature" himself said that "the differences are effected most by strain, then by temp, and finally then by the vape's signature".

I wasn't considering taste here, but in the Vape Signature thread I certainly noted that heating methods and timing can affect the flavour.

The vapour pressure of each compound at different temperatures is far more important than boiling points, and most tables give the boiling temperature of cannabinoids in a near vacuum, which is unrealistic. At normal atmospheric pressure the boiling point for THC is actually around 425°C, and for CBD nearly 465°C, and degradation occurs before reaching those temperatures.

bhasma,
Reactions: simba

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I was trying to explain that temperature, technique and tolerance have more impact than vape signature on the effects obtained from a device, and that comparing the effects of different devices is subjective and too variable for any particular definition of their relative feelings. And the father of "vape signature" himself said that "the differences are effected most by strain, then by temp, and finally then by the vape's signature".

I wasn't considering taste here, but in the Vape Signature thread I certainly noted that heating methods and timing can affect the flavour.

The vapour pressure of each compound at different temperatures is far more important than boiling points, and most tables give the boiling temperature of cannabinoids in a near vacuum, which is unrealistic. At normal atmospheric pressure the boiling point for THC is actually around 425°C, and for CBD nearly 465°C, and degradation occurs before reaching those temperatures.
Appreciate you trying to explain it in more detail mate, just trying to understand your language use to better explain things myself in future.

Separately…

I realise most of my bowls are done with latent heat as I tend to do multiple back to back bowls, I decided to catch 4 bowls in a row just for interest sake.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Have you tried using the direct tube instead of the helix tube?
Not yet but i willl.
@Duba, cought your last brown parchment case that was stocked. What a lovely creation! Made me abandon the idea to have it made at the local shoemaker...heck there was even blackfriday sale. I really like the aspect that it could be easily brushed/cleaned on the inside.
Thank you very much.
I have to admit I am finding it hard holding back :)
I've always been advised not to hold back, when it comes out, it comes out.:lol:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Good question. Can anyone confirm if you can put a small nug into the Tempest and get a complete extraction from it? I can do that with the TA and if I squish the bud after vaping it's evenly vaped through the bud.
I was being really cautious when I did this as as I never vape whole buds - but - I might start to now… its definitely easier than grinding for a quick small bowl

I give up… I’ll post the video in a few minutes

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
I actually hate using a grinder, so vapes that I don't need to grind get higher usage from me. I generally pick the weed apart by hand to load Lotus or Supreme. But with TA go straight in with a small nug.

I'm going to guess the Tempest will deal with small nugs in the same way, don't see any reason why not but would be great if someone can confirm.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I actually hate using a grinder, so vapes that I don't need to grind get higher usage from me. I generally pick the weed apart by hand to load Lotus or Supreme. But with TA go straight in with a small nug.

I'm going to guess the Tempest will deal with small nugs in the same way, don't see any reason why not but would be great if someone can confirm.
waiting for the video to upload of me doing just that

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I was thinking that most of heat that @Duba is talking about is actually coming from the heat in the air / vapour travelling, through the device and cooling against the sleeve which in turn is causing the sleeve and carb hole hit to touch?
I'd say it's about 80-90% coming through the hot vapour.

You can change this right? You can make it so that… let me try and explain… (please correct me if I’m making stuff up).

In order to decrease the heat of the radiator sleeve, heat shield and the carb hole, when doing lots of back to back bowls or sucking the whole bowl down in a deep breath - if you swapped the Helix tube for the Direct tube, you would change the flow of air such that instead of the vapour going around the condenser (and therefore heating the sleave) the air/vapour would go down the middle of the condenser tube and the air from the carb (depending on config) could circle around the condenser and cool the sleeve/heat shield and carb hole - but at the cost of increased vapour temperature?
Yes, that's right.

@Brenyo question, people wanting to use concentrates, the end goal is to have a MAD heaters concentrate solution?
yes

I managed to not pack my bowl properly and a bowl of herbs, with a drop of wax, fell on the ball screen and… it took a while for it to stop smoking, then for me to clean so…. it’s 4am I have to wait until I get up for it to dry to see if o was able to clean it all.
You should've vaped it off from the balls :D

If there is one included: does that work also with Dynavap tips?
If you use the glass cup & wand upside down then it works, otherwise it's too deep for the DV.

Have we seen Brenyo's leather case for the Tempest yet?
No and I'm working on a new one that has a debowler and screwdriver included.

@Brenyo I'm just wondering what the situation with the screen is on the full release? Are you going with the mesh style or a Dynavap type? Or something totally different?
Mesh, just good quality. Those screens let through too much gunk in my opinion.

Yeah it works the same

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Cheers! So hyped for the release
Since finding this thread - and the Tempest - I have logged into this thread at least 15 times a day, commented with questions or ideas for going on at least 6 weeks - I honestly haven’t been this excited for something since I was in my 30s and had VIP Tool tickets in each capital city around Australia in a two week period.

I am really enjoying my test kit and am excited for the release, wood sleeve, smokey glass, leather case with decapper… I’m looking forward to having 2 (yes greedy) so that I can back to back without testing the calluses on my fingers 😂

I have been playing around with not grinding, I rarely did this in the past as each time I was told it was doable, I would block the airflow, I was please to see it wasn't the case, it worked really well actually, was like a pre-made dosing capsule :p I like it. I am thinking of making a couple of little moonrocks and seeing how much of a mess I make in the stem using something like that

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Last edited:

Smknbud

I am thinking of making a couple of little moonrocks and seeing how much of a mess I make in the stem using something like that
I've been putting some Blueberry Muffin Moonrocks in the Tempest sandwiched between flower. It's so tasty and worth the little extra cleaning required.

Smknbud,
Top Bottom