The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
To me taste is great until the end of the bowl if I heat it to level 3 on the visual indicator.
that's what I would have expected / hoped for, that initially flavour but as you get into it, after a few hits, the flavour would edge away

VapingYogi,

Magiano

I think the combo for max taste with max colling would be -> no scu and glass stem instead of titanium + half bowl setting to use a small amount of material like the vapman. Just from my revolve experience.
@VapingYogi just look for cannacare gb on youtube 👍

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I think the combo for max taste with max colling would be -> no scu and glass stem instead of titanium + half bowl setting to use a small amount of material like the vapman. Just from my revolve experience.
@VapingYogi just look for cannacare gb on youtube 👍
thanks mate - and just report the comment with "mods: please delete"

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Magiano

MDude

I find the flavor is gone if I heat the same bowl to level 3 after heating it between level 1 or 2 the first time...If I heat the third time that is...

You can temp step with great flavour just the last couple of draws lose flavour.

Otherwise flavour has been great on all temps in between as you would expect from convection. Also smooth and not hot at all.

In that third reheat the stem gets hot near the tip but cools down quickly. This is using a single jet lighter.

Need to do more testing though...

For me it is great in every way. Low temp or high temp hits are phenomenal.

Last edited:

MDude

that's what I would have expected / hoped for, that initially flavour but as you get into it, after a few hits, the flavour would edge away
Not after a few hits, just the very last ones on level 3....well depending on the length of the hit I guess.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I decided not to participate in the presale and wait it out till official launch so i can order everything at once and only have to pay customs once (brexit sucks) but the itch is growing by the minute.
Have been a MAD heaters fan since receiving the gen1 Revolve and the gen1 Reload, both excellent products.
Have a bunch of gen2 Revolves and a gen2 Reload and they absolutely rock.

While i have been using my Reload EVERY day i have to admit the Revolves are being used less. Just because of the limitations due to the Dynavap tips. My tolerance outgrew it's capacity and the constant reheating made it somewhat too cumbersome for everyday use. It takes too long and too much 'work' to get where i want Which saddens me since i really love using them for the look, the feel, the buildquality and the vaping style.
Don't get me wrong: i still use them with great pleasure, just not as often as i would like.

But i knew for a while that Brenyo was developing his own "ball-tip" so was patiently waiting for him to work his magic and design a complete device to his standards. I had no doubts both the engineering and the machining will be Out Of This World as he doesn't make compromises concerning quality. My Reloads and Revolves are testimony to that. I knew this was going to be something else!!
And now that the official launch is approaching i'm happy to see that the enthusiasm for this beautiful vape is growing by the day!

Seeing the performance vids on this thread has made me very, very, very excited (dare i say anxious) to experience it myself! I just know this is what i am waiting for: just toking away, joint style chilling!
Can't wait (i can cause i have to but...)
Anyway: i am sure that our patience will be rewarded upon launch!
Here's to hoping there will be stock enough for the hungry crowd!
I'm ready!!!

Fox

I am surprised about the flavour statement as it doesn't quite click with other convection vapes so I am also keen to make my own opinions

Exactly mate, a thread full of fan girls doesn't really do the product any favours

Its also a fully titanium airpath which is often considered as an impact to flavour, however I don't know the you tube guy, anyone wanna share me a link ?:)

MDude

I decided not to participate in the presale and wait it out till official launch so i can order everything at once and only have to pay customs once (brexit sucks) but the itch is growing by the minute.
Have been a MAD heaters fan since receiving the gen1 Revolve and the gen1 Reload, both excellent products.
Have a bunch of gen2 Revolves and a gen2 Reload and they absolutely rock.

While i have been using my Reload EVERY day i have to admit the Revolves are being used less. Just because of the limitations due to the Dynavap tips. My tolerance outgrew it's capacity and the constant reheating made it somewhat too cumbersome for everyday use. It takes too long and too much 'work' to get where i want Which saddens me since i really love using them for the look, the feel, the buildquality and the vaping style.
Don't get me wrong: i still use them with great pleasure, just not as often as i would like.

But i knew for a while that Brenyo was developing his own "ball-tip" so was patiently waiting for him to work his magic and design a complete device to his standards. I had no doubts both the engineering and the machining will be Out Of This World as he doesn't make compromises concerning quality. My Reloads and Revolves are testimony to that. I knew this was going to be something else!!
And now that the official launch is approaching i'm happy to see that the enthusiasm for this beautiful vape is growing by the day!

Seeing the performance vids on this thread has made me very, very, very excited (dare i say anxious) to experience it myself! I just know this is what i am waiting for: just toking away, joint style chilling!
Can't wait (i can cause i have to but...)
Anyway: i am sure that our patience will be rewarded upon launch!
Here's to hoping there will be stock enough for the hungry crowd!
I'm ready!!!
While I can understand paying customs and tax sucks for us from EU ( I payed 230 euros + 80 euros customs and tax) I don't regret buying the test kit at all 😀

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
While I can understand paying customs and tax sucks for us from EU ( I payed 230 euros + 80 euros customs and tax) I don't regret buying the test kit at all 😀
I hate you so much right now!! :lol:
LoL

I need to control myself not to get involved in the next presale.
Must stay strong (but feel weaker by the minute, thanks for that!! ;))
Enjoy it, keep them reviews coming!!

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: MDude

Fox

Hi: Is anyone among you who has experience spice up your herb with liquid terpenes? I wonder if the taste drags on, but I suppose not, right?

Fox,

RedZep

Strange as the guy on you tube that did a review (Cannacare GB or summit) said the taste was absolutely phenomenol lol...I'm looking forward to what other users say, really hope this thing isn't being over hyped.
I think the taste is good. I would put TM2 and sticky Brick higher. But Tempest for me has good taste. Especially considering competitors in this form factor. It's a subjective thing, so I'm not trying to discredit that review. But I have to say I think flavour is really good.

With regards to flavour diminishing near the end of the bowl, that is simply a fact of physics. The Tempest fully extracts in a heat cycle. Complaining taste is bad at this stage is like complaining that the finish up second hit of a B0 bowl doesn't taste great. In either case it's because all the terps, and most the cannabinoids are already extracted.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
With regards to flavour diminishing near the end of the bowl, that is simply a fact of physics. The Tempest fully extracts in a heat cycle. Complaining taste is bad at this stage is like complaining that the finish up second hit of a B0 bowl doesn't taste great. In either case it's because all the terps, and most the cannabinoids are already extracted.
That's what I would expect right, the terps come off first, then the cannabinoids, so the flavour should run out before the vapor if your doing lots of short draws. I have to admit the Freight Train Pro does really highlight the flavour of the herbs you put in it, probably more than the TinyMight 2, I have actually had herbs before that I just couldn't use in the freight Train because I couldn't stand the smell... I put that in the Taroma 360 did a 90 second heat soak to remove a bunch of terps and dry it out before hitting it.

I need to control myself not to get involved in the next presale.
But why? you could have it sooner *rubs hands together*

garett

First impression from yesterday’s testsession. I did 3 bowls, all of them with closed airflow to get as close to a Joint as possible.
And the restriction could be a bit more in my opinion. When you close the airhole on a DV, you have a higher restriction. Its not a bad thing at all, i just want to mention if someone is expecting a DV feel.

Taste was great, i dont know what others expect, but i really liked it. And as i said, i had everything closed, i am sure its even better with everything open.

My testsession was outside at around 10C. So my expectations was right, it cools down a bit faster then in the videos i saw from inside sessions. But i had OHE every time. I had around 10 nice puffs.
Visual indicator works great. I set the wand to 400C and the indicator was right on point. I love that. The click was off, and sometimes not noticable. I dont care about the click. On my Dani Fusion, the click is just an indicator when i start counting, because its off too.

I have to mention that the ABV was uneven. Not much, but noticable. It was really dark on top, but lighter in the middle. Maybe thats because it was cold outside, and it cools down faster? Maybe i packet it to much? I dont know. I can test it inside next week at a friends house.
Because of that, i try to reheat, and i heat it to long, i combusted. My fault.

All in all i really like it. I would love to have a longer session, but i think its because of the cold temps outside. Thats the same with Dani or DV, in sommer i can have longer sessions outside.

Question. Its not essy to unscrew the cap when it sits in the Reload. I always turn the hole tempest instead of the cap. What am i doing wrong?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
And the restriction could be a bit more in my opinion.
You can close the airflow on the cap as well to make it much tighter. Undo the screw on the cap slightly and squeeze the induction layer at a specific point to turn it.

I have to mention that the ABV was uneven. Not much, but noticable. It was really dark on top, but lighter in the middle. Maybe thats because it was cold outside, and it cools down faster? Maybe i packet it to much?
I'd recommend using the "time out" method on the wand when outside, it helps to pre-heat the bowl with the longer heat-up time. I usually set it to 320C. Lighter pack also helps, it needs good airflow through it even if you restrict the airflow on the cap.

Question. Its not essy to unscrew the cap when it sits in the Reload. I always turn the hole tempest instead of the cap. What am i doing wrong?
Do you screw on the cap by hand? If you do it on the reload and it's only finger tight it should come off. You can also use the other side of the lid if it's a gen 2
If not then either your screw is sticking out on the bottom of the cap so there is no good contact with the magnet (a scratched magnet would be a good indication of this) or there's some herb got stuck in your thread.

Last edited:

garett

@Brenyo thx fir your quick answer. I will try all of that in the evening.

I dint unscrew it on the tip, i hold it on the stem. But maybe i screw it on to tight. I will try what you mentioned.

Its important to mention that i really love it. It’s not my intention to sound negative. English is not my main language, so sometimes i sound negative, but thats just because i spelled things wrong.

I forgot about the clouds you can make. The videos are real. You can make big clouds, TM2 like.

garett

sounds like you are happy with the tempest so far (minus a few tweaks)?
I am. And i think i am like you. I always switch back and forth between combust and vape. Just because i like the ritual to much, and the easiness.
Dani is a great vape too, but the heat up with the wand is super bad. So i always use it with a torch. That can be annoying when outside in windy situations. The Tempest is great with the wand.
Heat up is fast. This is a big plus for me.

fangorn

I just wanted to clarify that my avb is generally brown, slightly golden. I rarely approach a very dark brown... or then gradually to maintain a taste that satisfies me for longer... I can't stand the rtl shots with Anvil for example.

the Tempest allows me to obtain a very dark avb, where I rarely venture, leaving me with a very reasonable taste.

It's just not what I'm looking for.

There you go, I have stated my opinion. I'll step back from now on and let you enjoy this great vaporizer!

garett

Can someone explain what RTL means? I know DTL and MTL, but have no clue what RTL stands for.

garett,

Smknbud

I'd recommend using the "time out" method on the wand when outside, it helps to pre-heat the bowl with the longer heat-up time. I usually set it to 320C. Lighter pack also helps, it needs good airflow through it even if you restrict the airflow on the cap.
This temp is around where I have settled on after some trial runs, well, just slightly more at 650 F/344 C with the Wand in 'time out' mode. The 750 F/400 C was just too much and my AVB too dark for my liking/taste. The lower temp. has helped in this regard quite a bit.

Smknbud,
Reactions: Brenyo

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
There you go, I have stated my opinion. I'll step back from now on and let you enjoy this great vaporizer!
@fangorn Thank you, I apricate your opinion and experiences and am happy that you have something that suits you better :)

The Tempest is great with the wand.
Heat up is fast. This is a big plus for me.
As I plan on using my wand for the first time with the tempest (I have had it since January... *shrugs*) that's good to hear :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom