The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

VNAS = vape non-acquisition syndrome. A clunky attempt to come up with an acronym that's basically the opposite of VAS. Maybe VRS is better?

As you described the process of countless cycles of researching vapes (following fc threads, watching YT) only to finally decide against again. Symptomatic.
Yeah, that's just described my actions over the last few years in a single paragraph.... Haha

The eagle has finally landed!!!! So excited! First 2 bowls were great! Feeling great! I didn't have a revolve previously so it will take a minute to dial it in. Such a well designed stem and cap. Just fantastic.

Quick question. Does the bowl have a half setting? The screen is about 2mm below the holes in the side of the bowl. Is that the regular setting? I know the screen is not the best quality (not the final screen that will be there) so I didn't want to mess around with it yet!

HumbleLivings

The eagle has finally landed!!!! So excited! First 2 bowls were great! Feeling great! I didn't have a revolve previously so it will take a minute to dial it in. Such a well designed stem and cap. Just fantastic.

Quick question. Does the bowl have a half setting? The screen is about 2mm below the holes in the side of the bowl. Is that the regular setting? I know the screen is not the best quality (not the final screen that will be there) so I didn't want to mess around with it yet!
Hey congrats Budd let us know how it goes once you get a good feel of it with more testing,
I am not sure about the bowl, but I am also interested in knowing the answer to your bowl question
thanks for sharing, Enjoy!

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: VapingYogi

Smknbud

It is an adjustable bowl. My screen was set at the smaller bowl setting and yours sounds similar. I seated my screen at bottom of the bowl for max. capacity.

HumbleLivings

@Brenyo or does anyone else know how many 2.5mm zirconia balls the Tempest holds, i have seen different amounts like 50,60,90 not sure which one is right, thanks

also anyone know if there will be bigger bowl upgrade for later purchase maybe?

how much does the existing Tempest bowl hold ( i know with existing bowl, we have option to have 2 sizes a smaller and bigger bowl)
just wondering how much the smaller size existing bowl holds
and also how much the bigger size existing bowl holds?

thanks in advance for all the help everyone! ✌️

HumbleLivings,

MDude

I did a couple more bowls. It is pumping out vapor.

Visual indicator works great. I heated it up to level 3 and got really thick rtl vapor and avb was black...and that was a reheat after I had three or four thick pulls on level 2.

I have to test more but it seems like the click happens near level 1 on the visual indicator and there is vapor at that level too.
So I think after reading the manual it is the disc that clicks at 170°C.

I concur @RedZep opinions on it. It really is a versatile beast.

Still need to use it with the Wand which I am waiting on but using it with a small single torch is great

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

Ok, I should record more videos with a more open airflow config and with the molicel batteries…so I will make another post.

Batteries: 2x18650 Golisi S30
Balls: zirconia
Black Tempest

I raised the “temp” on the wand to get a one heat cycle. All the tests i show have 1/2 or less of the intake airflow except in the minibong videos. I use to like a closer airflow but I seems like this little thing likes a more open airflow. I tried herb bowls with a open airflow and it works way better.

Talking about bowls: in the herb videos i use the full chamber, meanwhile in the hash, crumble and minibong videos i use half bowl setting

Oh, and i use a different mesh on it. With has i use the mesh brenyo included in the full bowl setting and mine on half bowl setting at the same time.

The showed temps of the Wand are caused by my batteries and maybe the closed airflow.
Let’s go!

Black Tempest with beech and granadille wood sleeves!

The reload gen 2 magnet piece cam be removed. Then you have a coin which work as decapper and it can stay in metal places.

-“Does it mean I can attach the tempest to my fridge?”
-“Of course Timmy! You can!”

Let’s start with a:

Meh Herb

Every time i test a vape i like to try it with a bad-“normal” herb to see if it can gives you good results. Sometimew you dont have access to good material and you want your vape work with almost everything

Wand: 380C till time out message

kokolokokolokon

Herb

This time with good material (i know the material photos are not the best 🤣) with 2 different configs. Mine, and what Brenyo has told us.

Wand at 380C till time out message.

Wand at 400 till it stop blinking

An interesting thing in the 400C config is you can see a lighter ABV, but when you try to make a second heat up, you dont get a lot from it. It seems like the Tempest has the ability to extract everything without extracting chlorophyll.

Dry Hash

Let’s start with the dry. In the first test u use a dry hash with touches of citrus flavor, and inserted chopped in the chamber. It is very easy to consume and it is not super oily. It doesn’t make a mess to be cleaned every bowl. No problems at all.

Wand at 400C till time out message

Commercial hash (moroccan style)

A harder hash that it can be more malleable with a little heat. More earthy and incense. It is usually more difficult to vaporize. This specific variety is also not the most oily, so it does not become a mess to clean. If a vaporize has enough power, it is consumed well and without problems.

i show you 2 methods to fill the chamber. The second is one i like, because you can make a long strip of hash and it is easy to remove it and recharge the chamber.

Wand 400C till the time out message

kokolokokolokon

Oily hash

Ok. This one is terpy, flavorful, blast your brain and every bowl can be a mess if you dont have a method to avoid it.

I use a basket with a hash strip on it to avoid it. The method is incomplete in the post since the mesh have to be upside down if you use it with the wand, then the hash is between 2 meshes.

Wand 400C till time out message

Crumble

This one is to concentrate the concentrates in one concentrated post…im horrible 🤣
I use the cotton technique for this one since it would be a mesh if not. As excepted, great results. No more to say with this

Wand 400C

Mini bong + wpa adapter (herb and hash)

Full open airflow. Nothing more to say, just the show.

I will make this again, and im sure with the molicel i will get the same results the the brenyo temps. I have to test different torches too, since seems like the tempest works well with a double flame too!

The visual indicator is fantastic, maybe, if you heat up the tempest in an aggressive way it reach the third line too fast, but it is because your heating source. I see the tempest work better with a little triple/dual flame or a powerfull little single flame than with a super mega cooking single flame i saw the people use in other butane vapes (and i love it, because i dont like that giant torches 🤣).

The effects are strong, it basically blast my head in a way i love it. And sometimes you would think “hey! This is not that good” then you can let it, take your dani or dynavap (with AC) and try them…”yes, it is THAt GOOD” or, at least, that’s why i thought a couple of times.

Next time I will share thoughts about more balls. Like these smaller rubi balls (i think they are 0,5mm less).

This is an excellent vape, with a great flavor, a great high, beautiful, well designed, well builded, with a cooling and dissipation that allows you to use it native. Fucking love it. As @RedZep said once a time: this is the vape i would save from a fire.

RedZep

@kokolokokolokon Great content. Especially loved your insight on hash. You clearly know your hash very well. I found that very interesting. Looks great in black doesn't it? I'm struggling deciding my colour choice again.

You might get a warning about back to back posts. I hope they take into account the value of the content you posted. Lots of effort, so I think it can be forgiven in this instance.

Last edited:

kokolokokolokon

@RedZep In black looks great and classy. Other color I think is super interesting is the metallic blue (near the black on the colors photo brenyo shared). It has to look spectacular too.

I has to wait for the last message :lol: I hope the mods understand it. I need other method to share media…maybe compile the short videos on a longer youtube video. This doesn’t allow you to share more than 5 media at the same time.

Misterhyde

Oily hash

Ok. This one is terpy, flavorful, blast your brain and every bowl can be a mess if you dont have a method to avoid it.

I use a basket with a hash strip on it to avoid it. The method is incomplete in the post since the mesh have to be upside down if you use it with the wand, then the hash is between 2 meshes.

Wand 400C till time out message

Crumble

This one is to concentrate the concentrates in one concentrated post…im horrible 🤣
I use the cotton technique for this one since it would be a mesh if not. As excepted, great results. No more to say with this

Wand 400C

Mini bong + wpa adapter (herb and hash)

Full open airflow. Nothing more to say, just the show.

I will make this again, and im sure with the molicel i will get the same results the the brenyo temps. I have to test different torches too, since seems like the tempest works well with a double flame too!

The visual indicator is fantastic, maybe, if you heat up the tempest in an aggressive way it reach the third line too fast, but it is because your heating source. I see the tempest work better with a little triple/dual flame or a powerfull little single flame than with a super mega cooking single flame i saw the people use in other butane vapes (and i love it, because i dont like that giant torches 🤣).

The effects are strong, it basically blast my head in a way i love it. And sometimes you would think “hey! This is not that good” then you can let it, take your dani or dynavap (with AC) and try them…”yes, it is THAt GOOD” or, at least, that’s why i thought a couple of times.

Next time I will share thoughts about more balls. Like these smaller rubi balls (i think they are 0,5mm less).

This is an excellent vape, with a great flavor, a great high, beautiful, well designed, well builded, with a cooling and dissipation that allows you to use it native. Fucking love it. As @RedZep said once a time: this is the vape i would save from a fire.
Bless you and your hash! Very thorough and helpful information. Thank you so much for your sacrifice of sobriety and your time to compile this valuable information. Now if I could only get piles of hash like that!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I so look forwards to playing around like @kokolokokolokon love the hash options and opinions, added to @RedZep reviews its a wealth of knowledge, I have my temple ball style hash, my rosin, BHO, my herb, some bubble hash, some compressed kief pucks, some really hold hard hash.... and trying to get some hemp fibre and vape cotton to try it in as well as my little dosing cap filled with 2mm rubies, a dynacoil, a mighty pad lol, just anything I can think of to try *shrugs* to much time to think and read reviews :) I also have a few stems to compare out of curiosity (have zero expectations of the stems) and a Prophet, Jhook and a few other air cooling and water cooling options ... you guys keep me busy :)

RedZep

I so look forwards to playing around like @kokolokokolokon love the hash options and opinions, added to @RedZep reviews its a wealth of knowledge, I have my temple ball style hash, my rosin, BHO, my herb, some bubble hash, some compressed kief pucks, some really hold hard hash.... and trying to get some hemp fibre and vape cotton to try it in as well as my little dosing cap filled with 2mm rubies, a dynacoil, a mighty pad lol, just anything I can think of to try *shrugs* to much time to think and read reviews :) I also have a few stems to compare out of curiosity (have zero expectations of the stems) and a Prophet, Jhook and a few other air cooling and water cooling options ... you guys keep me busy :)
For science! :science:

Top Bottom