The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

PeePhlegm

Thanks Brenyo! I downloaded the app as I was writing the post lol must have made a rookie mistake with the link

Edit: the green o ring in the picture above is the one that is currently non ISO safe, but will be at launch. I think someone was asking previously.

PeePhlegm,
Reactions: Brenyo

Strolling&Rolling

Hi all, seen a lot of people talking about the tempest vape.

Excuse my ignorance but when is it available and where can I order or buy one? :)

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Hi all, seen a lot of people talking about the tempest vape.

Excuse my ignorance but when is it available and where can I order or buy one? :)
You can sign up for release notification on the MadHeaters website. We don't have a final ETA yet. But it's at the point where it's just needing final finishing calibration touches. Could be a December release if all goes to plan.

I wrote a review on page 24. Usage videos on page 25. We have quite a few more people who just got hold of an early model, so should have even more feedback coming through.

You can also keep your eyes on this thread for updates regarding the release.

Smknbud

If you want more detailed tracking to slow time down more (😁) you can put your tracking number in this search:

Another thanks for this link. Mine shows arrival around 11/16....across the pond to western New York.

Strolling&Rolling

You can sign up for release notification on the MadHeaters website. We don't have a final ETA yet. But it's at the point where it's just needing final finishing calibration touches. Could be a December release if all goes to plan.

I wrote a review on page 24. Usage videos on page 25. We have quite a few more people who just got hold of an early model, so should have even more feedback coming through.

You can also keep your eyes on this thread for updates regarding the release.
Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll definitely buy one of these! I was gonna buy a dynavap but I'm going to hold off for the tempest instead.

Can we pay up front to pre-order or will it be a first come first served when they are released on your website?

RedZep

Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll definitely buy one of these! I was gonna buy a dynavap but I'm going to hold off for the tempest instead.

Can we pay up front to pre-order or will it be a first come first served when they are released on your website?
So I don't work for MadHeaters. I just have been using a test unit.

There will be pre-orders. We have reason to believe there will be enough for everyone in that initial preorder batch. But I wouldn't wait around too long if you are sure you want one.

When I say "we" I'm refering to us Tempest fans in the thread waiting for release. I'm not representing MadHeaters to be clear.

bhasma

Not really. Because you will know where you like it for what you are doing. So you will stop heating when you got that exact mark. So when you have a strain that needs a bit more heat, or using hash, or even just wanting RTL hit, you still have this exact control.

It's always representative of an exact temp of the bowl on a sliding scale, whereas an audible clicker notifies reaching a single arbitrary temp point. In this way an audible clicker is like a thermometer that can only give a single temp reading, but at any other temp doesn't give a reading.
I'm enjoying the reviews and can't wait to try the Tempest. The visual indicator is a great idea, and the ability to re-heat on the fly without worrying about clickers is especially interesting.

Other devices have a double click, so two temperatures are actually measured, with the time between clicks giving an indication of heating intensity.

Brenyo previously noted, when using a big torch you should heat closer to the indicator rather than in the middle of the ball section. And there is some conduction to the bowl to ensure it is fully roasted on the sides, and the closer you heat to the bowl the more conduction you get. So is combustion not possible if the Tempest is too strongly heated too close to the bowl?

bhasma,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Finally got to use my review reward Tempest after 3 weeks of waiting. I flew out to Melbourne the day it arrived in Ireland, terrible timing haha.
Love it mate, thanks for sharing. So it took 3 weeks to get to you or you spent most of your time in the UK and haven't had a chance to play properly? just curious as to how long it took to ship to you is all.

Oh boy. It's definitely my favourite butane vape. It might even rival my TM2 even though they are very different. So I guess possibly I might have a new favorite? Shall I sell some vapes and buy a second?
I do enjoy someone questioning there favourites :)

When I say "we" I'm refering to us Tempest fans in the thread waiting for release. I
Soooo true, the fan(atics) are circling like vultures *hunches forwards* I have have signed up for Newsletters and stuff on the Madheaters website but I haven't got a email from them either in confirmation of being added to the newletter / email list so, I have my fingers crossed that it actually worked.

All black looks really nice, but I think I like the way the shield contrasts against the device when its a different color.

I am looking forward to this probably more than I should be :p

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

HumbleLivings

I agree if wanting to use it like that outdoors. I don't like using a torch outside. I've took the Tempest on a hike, and I just stopped every now and again for a single bowl using the wand IH.

However when using indoors I am absolutely achieving a joint like experience. The reheat time is really fast, like 50% of initial heat up time, and that's with a single flame torch (mid sized torch) I'm going to get a triple flame this week and see how that improves it further. Once you get good at hot reloads in only takes seconds also.

Once the Tempest is up to temp, it's so easy to keep it's temp up for repeated bowls. My favourite way for long joint session is initial IH heat up, followed by torch reheats. This might change when I have a model with a click disc, and can chain in the IH. I can only speculate on what that would be like, so no point.

EDIT - By torch re heats I'm refering to new bowls. There's never a need to reheat for the same bowl. That's what I'm refering to if I say chaining bowls. Finishing a bowl, reload, reheat back to temp, repeat.
so initial cold bowl you start with IH for 30 seconds until its finished its cycle
then you reload and Medium Torch this still warm/hot bowl for how long with medium torch?

this is good info thanks for taking the time to answer this bro

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: VapingYogi

PeePhlegm

Love it mate, thanks for sharing. So it took 3 weeks to get to you or you spent most of your time in the UK and haven't had a chance to play properly? just curious as to how long it took to ship to you is all.
The delivery took about 3 business days to get from Madheaters (UK) to my home (Ireland). This happened to be happening at the same time I was leaving my home to go on a 3 week vacation to Australia. So as I was flying to Australia, the Tempest was flying to Ireland. It arrived the day after I left lol. Had to wait till I got home to hit it then.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The delivery took about 3 business days to get from Madheaters (UK) to my home (Ireland). This happened to be happening at the same time I was leaving my home to go on a 3 week vacation to Australia. So as I was flying to Australia, the Tempest was flying to Ireland. It arrived the day after I left lol. Had to wait till I got home to hit it then.
oh man, worst, that sucks, but still you were in australia :) the place to be lol

VapingYogi,

RedZep

I'm enjoying the reviews and can't wait to try the Tempest. The visual indicator is a great idea, and the ability to re-heat on the fly without worrying about clickers is especially interesting.

Other devices have a double click, so two temperatures are actually measured, with the time between clicks giving an indication of heating intensity.

Brenyo previously noted, when using a big torch you should heat closer to the indicator rather than in the middle of the ball section. And there is some conduction to the bowl to ensure it is fully roasted on the sides, and the closer you heat to the bowl the more conduction you get. So is combustion not possible if the Tempest is too strongly heated too close to the bowl?
I would have to experiment. It feels to me combustion would be possible, but using some crazy massive flame not typically found in butane torches. Maybe when aiming lower on tip for conduction It changes the dynamics. When aiming torch at the midsection it gives strong impression of being able to handle very large flames, or triple flames, and the visual indicator is still smoothly sliding and giving accurate temps

RedZep

so initial cold bowl you start with IH for 30 seconds until its finished its cycle
then you reload and Medium Torch this still warm/hot bowl for how long with medium torch?

this is good info thanks for taking the time to answer this bro
Initial IH heat up for me is around 35-40. 40 if I want to really push for a very dark roast. Are you asking how long the bowl would retain residual heat? Hard to say. It doesn't bleed loads of heat into the magnet as it has minimal contact area at the end of the tip. However it will radiate heat into the surrounding air. If you left it for 5 mins you would have less residual heat to work with.

Quite simply though, you don't need to rush when doing a hot reload. You have minutes not seconds. And when reloaded you will find the heat up time for the next bowl to take around half the time, with the same heat up method.

I've left the hot device on a magnet, came back 10 mins later and felt warmth in the tip. Wouldn't be enough to make a big dent in the heat up time, but gives an idea of the heat capacity of the balls.

Last edited:

Strolling&Rolling

So I don't work for MadHeaters. I just have been using a test unit.

There will be pre-orders. We have reason to believe there will be enough for everyone in that initial preorder batch. But I wouldn't wait around too long if you are sure you want one.

When I say "we" I'm refering to us Tempest fans in the thread waiting for release. I'm not representing MadHeaters to be clear.
Sorry about that, you seemed very knowledgable on it so I thought you worked for them! They should pay you if they don't already :)

Do we know roughly when pre-orders will happen?

Strolling&Rolling,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Its a waiting game as Brenyo's still trying to get the parts all sorted out and tested. The current "hope" is that it happens before the end of December but we can't account for the unknown. I guess that why we are all here in a way, trying to keep informed and trying to keep ahead of the presale and release :)

Last edited:

RedZep

Sorry about that, you seemed very knowledgable on it so I thought you worked for them! They should pay you if they don't already :)

I was very lucky and privileged to be given an early test unit. But I was already posting constantly in the thread from day one, so nothing has changed for me apart from my posts are now more knowledgeable of the device.

But it's no bother for me answering questions. I love talking about vapes on FC. Especially one as special as this.

We don't have a concrete answer when pre-orders are up. The vape is 99% done. Brenyo is just trying to get the visual and audible indicators perfected. So it's a matter of calibration. We have a possibility of a December pre-order release. But we have to be open to possible delays. Either way we are very close.

I would honestly advise subscribing to this thread. Brenyo is quite active in here. No doubt this thread will be notified upon pre-order release. It will also be a very handy thread after release when everyone is learning new ways to use, and tricks and techniques etc. I also recommend signing up for the release email notification on the MadHeaters website.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I was very lucky and privileged to be given an early test unit. But I was already posting constantly in the thread from day one, so nothing has changed for me apart from my posts are now more knowledgeable of the device.
You've been an awesome source of information, probably the most active poster of all the people to have a testing unit of some kind.

VapingYogi,

RedZep

You've been an awesome source of information, probably the most active poster of all the people to have a testing unit of some kind.
Just a vape geek given an opportunity to analyse an amazing vape before full release. I know it seems I'm trying to do you all a service, but it's more accurate to say I'm just really enjoying using and discussing the vape with you guys. This thread will be amazing when Tempest is fully out in the wild. I can feel it

mcscruffy

Mine is stateside with customs which usually lasts 1-3 business days before it moves on. The last two orders I had the past few months from MAD took 8 and 10 calendar days, respectively.

I'm really curious to see how the green one ends up looking in person... was getting a Master Chief vibe from the one in Brenyo's pic.

It has been great to hear more input on the temp indicator and see many like minds on what really excited me!

Top Bottom