The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The last purple we saw, the anodized one was incredible.
But I guess it wasn't really the same purple as the purple Reload hence the new purple samples
That’s right, but the Blurple will be available as well at some point if I choose the other one.

@Brenyo, are you still thinking about a rainbow color like you had with the Revolve? Or would that more likely be a limited release down the road?
It didn’t sell as well as I expected the last time so it’s not planned atm.
I'm guessing won't get through customs and to Chicago till next week.
It will take about 10 days in total, the dpd tracking is slightly behind. About 5 days for the next update after it’s left the UK.

The debowler. How is it meant to work? Are you meant to take it off every time to empty your bowl?
Exactly like on the DV caps, you shouldn’t take it off

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
No tracking update since Halloween, it‘s driving me crazy. Is it still in UK, or is it at customs.
@VapingYogi how long does packages usually take to get from uk to Australia?
You're looking at Wednesday to Friday (7 business days average) it will be in Switzerland at the moment.

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I know :) but if you waiting for somthing, then it can‘t be here soon enough.
And Australia post is the WORST when it comes to updates and they tend to try and do one trip for as much as they can, drives me up the wall sometimes. I gave up on watching tracking a while ago :p

VapingYogi,

bhasma

You're looking at Wednesday to Friday (7 business days average) it will be in Switzerland at the moment.
My last order (Reload Gen 2) took three weeks to arrive in Melbourne, handled by Swiss Post (Asendia) but not actually in Switzerland.

bhasma,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
My last order (Reload Gen 2) took three weeks to arrive in Melbourne, handled by Swiss Post (Asendia) but not actually in Switzerland.
Interesting, my last order came in a week, I've had another that took 9 days and your probably right about the post thing, I never really took notice of it - I just remembered something about Switzerland :p

VapingYogi,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The new batch of visual indicators are not great unfortunately, the shape is slightly off and it can’t be adjusted manually properly. This means that I have to wait for a new batch again to be able to do the next drop. It’s going to take at least 2 weeks I think.

BreadStick

The new batch of visual indicators are not great unfortunately, the shape is slightly off and it can’t be adjusted manually properly. This means that I have to wait for a new batch again to be able to do the next drop. It’s going to take at least 2 weeks I think.
That's a shame, is this because they were poorly manufactured or a design change that didn't work? If it's a manufacturing fault I hope you don't have to pay for them or get a discount. Prototyping sounds like a painful process!

VapChap09

Is there any way you could get coloured visual indicators at all?

VapChap09,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
That's a shame, is this because they were poorly manufactured or a design change that didn't work?
It’s a slight design change that I didn’t ask for :doh:
Prototyping sounds like a painful process!
It really is especially without being there and seeing the issues straight away.

Is there any way you could get coloured visual indicators at all?
Yes it’s planned for the anodized colors, the pointer / gauge is Ti.

bhasma

Revolves and Reloads are available from Wick & Wire stores in Melbourne, so now I could pick one up in a few minutes, but I'm fully stocked. When the Tempest gets going I suppose they will have that too.

bhasma,

simba

@weedanwine

Glad you're taking the time to get that right. Tbh the visual indicator is the reason I'm in for the Tempest.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Glad you're taking the time to get that right. Tbh the visual indicator is the reason I'm in for the Tempest.
May I ask why that's your main reason for your interest in the Tempest? Just curious what drives interest in these features is all...

MDude

It really is especially without being there and seeing the issues straight away.

Yes it’s planned for the anodized colors, the pointer / gauge is Ti.
I like the idea of the visual indicator being in color.

@Brenyo Will the buyers of test kits be able to choose a color of the visual indicator with the rest of the parts when finalized ?

That would be nice...

BreadStick

@BreadStick I never even considered a colored indicator, but I can see the point as it would be easier to see if it was a color that stood out against the cap background - it's a good idea actually.
It is a cool idea! But it wasn't my idea it was @VapChap09 that asked not me so can't take credit :lol:. If there was a way to make it glow in the dark would be great.

I'd be sending a sales rep or production controller a disappointed email :lol:. Maybe they fancied themselves as a better engineer! :brow:

This seems like the worst part about trying to start an engineering / design business by yourself. The cost of machinery and learning to operate it is way too high so you're forced to outsource and pay crazy markups for work you know you could probably do yourself.

Last edited:

VapChap09

Yeah im loving the visual indicator, but i usually vape outside so as soon as it starts to get dark (early in scotland) then i cant see the indicator it would be good the match the colour of the stem

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yeah im loving the visual indicator, but i usually vape outside so as soon as it starts to get dark (early in scotland) then i cant see the indicator it would be good the match the colour of the stem
thats exactly what i was thinking when he mentioned colour, very cool thought.

It would be good to have it in color with the raw Ti ones as well
I have to agree, just the idea of it standing out is awesome.

For me it's so I can use it at multi day music festivals without trying to hear a click.
yeah that totally makes sense and is a great reason, just listening to music in general, mines more simple, if my girlfriend talks to me when I'm heating something, I get lost in what she is saying and miss the click :p

VapingYogi,
Reactions: MDude

RedZep

For me it's so I can use it at multi day music festivals without trying to hear a click.
For me I have always disliked audible clickers. Because they are arbitrary. Nothing I have disliked more in the vape world than being told to "go past the click when using this way or that way", or hearing the click on an Anvil but still combust because my torch length was too big and aimed too low down, or knowing the click is irrelevant because I'm vaping hash etc etc. The visual indicator is a killer feature imo. It's the analogue vape version of the digital temp screen on a mighty or volcano. It's precision and control.

I can see the value in having audible click disc on the Tempest. But I'll be swapping it in and out depending on use.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
For me I have always disliked audible clickers. Because they are arbitrary. Nothing I have disliked more in the vape world than being told to "go past the click when using this way or that way", or hearing the click on an Anvil but still combust because my torch length was too big and aimed too low down, or knowing the click is irrelevant because I'm vaping hash etc etc. The visual indicator is a killer feature imo. It's the analogue vape version of the digital temp screen on a mighty or volcano. It's precision and control.
Awesome, thanks mate, I like hearing others other perspectives as sometimes it enlightens me to something I wasn't thinking about

VapChap09

My click disc definitely isnt working but i actually like itbits like my silent wand vape only need the time out messgae, lets just say i will be get another tempest when they release anyways have the silent one and the proper one👀 plus becuase the tempest is that good i need 2😂

VapChap09,
Top Bottom