The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I did not use a Dynacoil in a long time and I actually like the experience better than with cotton and the vapour is not filtered through the cotton or hemp fibre and then through a screen. But I cannot say for sure, to answer your question. I will have to compare over a period of time, and Dynacoil has not been my favourite go to until this great experience of flavour and smooth vapour this morning.
Ahh cool, I have been playing around with hash and rosin in a dynacoil, flower sandwich, raw hash, using 3mm rubies in a dosing cap and a few other ways in my vapcaps, Anvil and a couple of others, while I wait for my cotton sometime this week. Dynacoil isn’t my first choice, I’ve always been a torch user and havent unwrapped the wands box yet as even though my girlfriend bought me it a year ago, I only realised last month it was in advance of getting a Tempest.

Yes, I’m waiting for the first prototype.
@Brenyo awesome, this is awesome, I’d love to have something like that, @RedZep and I have been having talking a lot about vaping hash and concentrates with the Tempest. I’m really keen to see what you come up with.

VapingYogi,

RedZep

@VapingYogi So I just heated a bowl from cold using torch. Aimed low down outside the marked sweet spot. I combusted. I heated until my typical visual indicator position. Previously I did it on a reheat.

So I think for anyone wanting to create conduction in this way, you will end up having an alternative spot on the visual indicator to aim for. Will be a little trial and error but once you have your spot you will get repeatable performance.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So I just heated a bowl from cold using torch. Aimed low down outside the marked sweet spot. I combusted. I heated until my typical visual indicator position. Previously I did it on a reheat.
Ahh thats what I thought, I figured if you went to low there would be a section that's unforgiving

So I think for anyone wanting to create conduction in this way, you will end up having an alternative spot on the visual indicator to aim for. Will be a little trial and error but once you have your spot you will get repeatable performance.
Love the ability to do both, but I think I'll stick to convection for the most part, that's where this thing will shine.

bhasma

It's physics not voodoo and every device has limits, with some adjustment to heating or interpretation of temperature required at the edges. But it seems that the Tempest can cope with a wide range of heating and if Brenyo gets the calibration right it will be perfect!

bhasma,
Reactions: RedZep

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It's physics not voodoo and every device has limits, with some adjustment to heating or interpretation of temperature required at the edges. But it seems that the Tempest can cope with a wide range of heating and if Brenyo gets the calibration right it will be perfect!
That's my point mate, every device has its limits

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

bhasma

That's my point mate, every device has its limits and I was just trying to figure out what that is when I have never touched the device, seems like a legit thought process to me
It was RedZep who suggested voodoo and no limits and, having already questioned the possibility of combustion and the accuracy of temperature indicators when heating low and too hard, I was simply responding in light of subsequent testing.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It was RedZep who suggested voodoo and no limits and, having already questioned the possibility of combustion and the accuracy of temperature indicators when heating low and too hard, I was simply responding in light of subsequent testing.
*smiles* ahh makes sense, I was confused :p

VapingYogi,
Reactions: bhasma

RedZep

When I said voodoo I was referring to how the visual indicator moves. It seems supernatural. Hard to explain why.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
When I said voodoo I was referring to how the visual indicator moves. It seems supernatural. Hard to explain why.
I actually was thinking about this a lot yesterday trying to figure out how he did it, how he made a temp gauge that works in that scenario, with the little parts I saw in the video, I just don't have the smarts to figure it out but I would love to know.

No need to explain. It is clear that no witchcraft was seriously suggested.
Now I can't stop thinking about some witch sitting with her little hat in the factory conjuring up pieces and putting them together

... Also this is the first Black Friday (period) I can think of where I didn't have anything pressing I wanted to get, the only thing I want, I can't have (yet) so I keep going onto all these sites and browsing thinking, nah don't need that or just zero interest at all... its bizarre for something I haven't even got yet to have put the breaks on my VAS.... I would normally get ... at least something.... but apparently all I want is the Tempest at the moment (and some vape cotton or hemp fibre lol)

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
  • Haha
Reactions: RedZep

Fox

I actually was thinking about this a lot yesterday trying to figure out how he did it, how he made a temp gauge that works in that scenario, with the little parts I saw in the video, I just don't have the smarts to figure it out but I would love to know.

Now I can't stop thinking about some witch sitting with her little hat in the factory conjuring up pieces and putting them together

... Also this is the first Black Friday (period) I can think of where I didn't have anything pressing I wanted to get, the only thing I want, I can't have (yet) so I keep going onto all these sites and browsing thinking, nah don't need that or just zero interest at all... its bizarre for something I haven't even got yet to have put the breaks on my VAS.... I would normally get ... at least something.... but apparently all I want is the Tempest at the moment (and some vape cotton or hemp fibre lol)
I'm sure you've seen in the visual indicator in the video (montage) that it's connected to a spiral!? This spiral will diverge or twist together when heated, so the indicator will move.

RedZep

Same. Not even going to check what's on sale vape wise. Must be what it feels like to get old and stop lusting after women 😁

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm sure you've seen in the visual indicator in the video (montage) that it's connected to a spiral!? This spiral will diverge or twist together when heated, so the indicator will move.
That makes sense... actually that makes good sense. It would be interesting trying to figure out just the right coil, the right material, the right thickness etc in order to get it to happen at the exact temperature range you want it to. Thanks for the idea Fox.

Same. Not even going to check what's on sale vape wise. Must be what it feels like to get old and stop lusting after women 😁
*laughing* when that day comes I seriously am not going to know what to do with myself lol... I think its more like, you are engaged and plan on getting married in December so your not really on the market at the moment :p "I VapingYogi.... "No no no no that's way creepy, you started it 'Zep

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Will the Tempest be available at any retailers in Canada or only on the Mad Heaters site?
You guys have to deal with all sorts of import taxes and stuff don't you? Just noticed a few people from Canada ask the same question so was just curious why?

VapingYogi,

garett

Oh come on f***ing DPD. My package is in transit since 1.Nov. and no update since. I called them, and they told me they cant find it anymore. They also dont know where it is. At this point, its just lost.

BreadStick

Oh come on f***ing DPD. My package is in transit since 1.Nov. and no update since. I called them, and they told me they cant find it anymore. They also dont know where it is. At this point, its just lost.
I bribed them to send it too me sorry bro 😬

BreadStick,
Top Bottom