The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Wozz

Wozz,
Reactions: RedZep

delta hotel

On that note, can anyone recommend a good WPA that will fit the Tempest, or even any other fun kind of stems? I'm really looking for a WPA to be able to use though, I don't have anything in that size.

delta hotel,

RedZep

On that note, can anyone recommend a good WPA that will fit the Tempest, or even any other fun kind of stems? I'm really looking for a WPA to be able to use though, I don't have anything in that size.
Tempest has 8mm connection. So anything that was ever created for the Dynavap will work. You can Google Dynavap WPA and find plenty of options.

I've tried a few different stems for it. Most simple ones don't quite have enough cooling. In the pic I posted above its a simple glass Dyna stem. When using it native with Tempest head it's really nice. But more for multiple small puffs. I wouldn't like to do big MTL draws.

I bet the BB9 stem would cool it well, but it's awkwardly long and easy to break.

A BB3 stem inside a small bubbler or j-hook is nice too.

eyevape

👀
Depending on where you’re located, this might be a great choice.

Just found this nice little titanium wpa. This will be the perfect companion for my preordered tempest head 🤝
Look what’s in the mail today 😍 It took only 2 days to deliver, look and feel is perfect, no branding.. I love it! Can’t wait to put a tempest head on it.

eyevape,

leanpubpackage

with balls, I have experimented with all of them for the tempest. I ended up landing on 2.5mm zro2. nice balance of heat up time, heat retention, and flavor.

the wand is perfect for the tempest. i don’t particularly enjoy torching the tempest as I don’t get as consistent of results

HaggisHunter

I over heated by accident last time I went hiking. I could tell by the VI. Instead of just hitting it, I waited until the VI dropped to my preferred point.
I remember this when I got it initially, overheating it and panicking to get the head off to stop combustion.
Then learned just to chill for a few seconds.
So many clever little things about this.

ezpz

On that note, can anyone recommend a good WPA
If you’re in the market for a wpa, and in the US, I’d recommend taking a look at the Triple Maria at vgoodiez.
It’s simple, glass, easy to clean, available in 14 and 18mm, and most importantly, the triple Maria part stays cool while the barrel can get hot after multiple bowls.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
only glass I use with my Tempest is my Prophet ripoff, 100% agree
Who makes the Prophet knock off? I might just pick one up if it's reasonable enough. As I work less and less I've become cheaper and cheaper. Wait, I mean thriftier...

cybrguy,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Who makes the Prophet knock off? I might just pick one up if it's reasonable enough. As I work less and less I've become cheaper and cheaper. Wait, I mean thriftier...
It was called an "Air Mess" in Australia but the place that sold them is currently wholesaling to pharmacies and I don't know where you can get it anymore.
This is an Australian site but I believe its called a Prophet else where but this is a great dry rig for the Tempest which I use all the time

VapingYogi,
Reactions: cybrguy

Sudolewdo

It was called an "Air Mess" in Australia but the place that sold them is currently wholesaling to pharmacies and I don't know where you can get it anymore.
I didn't realize bubblers were part of the restrictions, or is that just how Instavape is going about it?

Sudolewdo,

bigtoke

hi people I am new here this is my first post. I am glad to be a part of this community. I have some questions I hope someone can help me with. Does the tempest work with the VHB 3D 3s? How would the tempest work with a highartisan glass stem do you think the stem would get hot or do you think those stems wouldn't cool the vapor enough? Thanks

Vapoz

hi people I am new here this is my first post. I am glad to be a part of this community. I have some questions I hope someone can help me with. Does the tempest work with the VHB 3D 3s? How would the tempest work with a highartisan glass stem do you think the stem would get hot or do you think those stems wouldn't cool the vapor enough? Thanks
It does not work with the VHB 3D only with the want and the flare (not at full power). It depends on the stem, there are so many.

Vapoz,

TedJones

How would the tempest work with a highartisan glass stem do you think the stem would get hot or do you think those stems wouldn't cool the vapor enough?
Don’t think the stem would get too hot to handle, they’re thick! Wish I had the adapter so I could try out the one I have for the Fusion. Vapor cooling is about the same as the stock stem on that vape ;)

TedJones,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I had been soaking my Tempest head to do a clean of the Zirconium balls, and just for shits and giggles, I opened the head after to see how clean they actually were after a 4 or 5 hour soak and a rinse. I found that they were "pretty clean", but they were not the bright white like they are after they're torched. I then torched them, and it was a noticeable difference.
Maybe I need another way to soak them to get them cleaner, but just putting them in a zip lock with 91% alcohol for a few hours and shaking them does not seem to get them completely clean. The ISO soak is certainly better than not cleaning them, but it is not as good as torching them.

eyevape

👀
Maybe I need another way to soak them to get them cleaner, but just putting them in a zip lock with 91% alcohol for a few hours and shaking them does not seem to get them completely clean. The ISO soak is certainly better than not cleaning them, but it is not as good as torching them.
Have you tried an ultrasonic cleaner? Whenever I don’t have the patience for a ISO soak, I throw my stuff in there. Warm water which is hot afterwards, a few drops of dish soap and 15 minutes at 50 watts. Then I rinse everything with hot water, dry it, done. Works perfectly. Maybe this is also the right treatment for this kind of residue?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've never had an ultrasonic cleaner, probably because I've never been much of a jewelry guy and have had no need for one. I can't imagine I would be buying one just for something like this. Wouldn't I still need to take them out of the head to clean them with an ultrasonic cleaner? Once they're out of the head, cleaning them with the torch is simple enough. The only issue I've had is replacing the ball screen. Sometimes it doesn't want to go in easily. I ordered a couple extra in case I mangled it too much, tho rolling the reload on it seems to straighten it out pretty well.

eyevape

👀
I can't imagine I would be buying one just for something like this.
That’s exactly what I did 😁 I reckon you can leave the balls in the head for cleaning, as the residue is fine enough for the screen. I’ll find out when my Tempest arrives.

eyevape,
Top Bottom