The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

For people who purchased a pre-release Tempest, do you know what we get if we buy the additional kit when the Tempest is released?

I was looking to pick up a Reload Gen 2 but was wondering if I should wait until the kit is available to buy and pickup both at the same time.

Lists what is included. I can't wait. I still have the very early Beta, and it's my favourite vape of all time. The idea that it's not even the best version of itself yet is incredible.

jbm

For people who purchased a pre-release Tempest, do you know what we get if we buy the additional kit when the Tempest is released?

I was looking to pick up a Reload Gen 2 but was wondering if I should wait until the kit is available to buy and pickup both at the same time.
Brenyo says that they have plenty of Reload stock for the Tempest launch.

jbm,

prayerplant,

evevape

Will the Tempest fit in the Anvil XL utility case? This thing is just perfect and I’d love to use it with the Tempest as well - when I finally have one ^^

evevape,

kegstandman420

sorry already answer didn't want to double post. trying to delete

Has anyone tried the tempest on a simrell vortex? I got a vortex in his grab bags jw if it'll get too hot.

Last edited:
kegstandman420,

KindBuddyBud

Will the Tempest fit in the Anvil XL utility case? This thing is just perfect and I’d love to use it with the Tempest as well - when I finally have one ^^
I don’t have the xl cap but, I’d say yes it would / should fit. I just tried to put the tempest in the anvil (non XL) utility case. It’s only off by a few mm’s. In the pic I’m showing the tempest in the case mouthpiece first, tempest head attached to the cap.

Thanks everyone, for someone who is not in anyway manually gifted, will it be a struggle to install the click discs and indicator upgrades do you think?

Maybe I'll be better buying a new head 😂

Don't know whether you've seen this previous video by Brenyo for installing the indicator. It's seems fiddly but doable, even the ceramic tweezers come with the upgrade kit.

HashOnMyMind

I've got a Simrell MVS, pretty sure I've tried the tempest on it and don't remember excessive heat. I'll give it another go tonight and see - purely for research purposes of course!
Oh, I'm very, very interested to see how that goes, as I also use it as my primary Dynavap stem and was wondering if I could use it with the Tempest! Please report your findings!

Guys, we will soon see the release happen. Maybe it will still be in June or early July, but it will be soon. I can't freaking wait!
:rockon:

RedZep

I've got a Simrell MVS, pretty sure I've tried the tempest on it and don't remember excessive heat. I'll give it another go tonight and see - purely for research purposes of course
I think @VapingYogi Tried this. I think he reported that it works well with the half bowl, but is not enough cooling for full bowl. See what you think and report back.

kegstandman420

I'm hoping it'll be a wood vortex stem 🙏. So I've had not the greatest results with a torch until tonight. Bought this larger single flame eagle torch, and aiming at the 2 lines on the Tempest cap has yielded better results than a triple or quad torch for me so far.https://imgur.com/gallery/FclI8ym

HaggisHunter

I think this may be the device that I’m looking for. Requesting this communities assistance to guide me. For the last 3-4 years I’ve unfortunately been primarily a live resin cartridge smoker due to convenience and potency.

I bought a volcano hybrid a couple years ago. It’s great, i love it. But it’s not what i would call an “every day device.” For a couple reasons, i have a teenager at home and he can be a little judgy so i don’t use it when he’s there. It’s also a bit of a process because i keep it stored away. It needs to be taken out, heated up, dosing capsule loaded, put into chamber, wait a few minutes for temp, and fill bag. It’s a little more time consuming than i would prefer on a week day.

On top of that, i know this is a weird niche complaint, but im not super excited about the dosing abilities of the volcano where it pertains to bowl sizes. The standard bowl is great for a group, way too much for 1 person. Most of the time I’ll fill up a dosing capsule I’ll fill a bag at 185c and then fill another bag at 220c. 2 bags later i usually feel an itch to hit my live resin 510 shortly after.

Because of this i think im looking for a “heavy hitter” but if I post that to Reddit most recommends will be for the TM2, mighty or venti. I think that I’m probably looking for a portable ball vape style. Although I’ve heard that the TM2 hits pretty hard.

Truth be told I would just like to get ripped more conveniently. But a desktop ball vape doesn’t really work for me. I want to avoid glass pieces and I’m not comfortable with a hot heater sitting around.

Does anyone who has used a tempest think it would fit what I’m looking for?

Also is there a functional difference from torch to something like the inspire wand? A torch seems more convenient because you aren’t a slave to batteries. But because I will occasionally use this device out and about, it would probably be more discreet to use an IH I assume?

Thanks yall.
I was in your boat, the tempest was the device for me.
My wife doesn't partake so she wasn't keen on me getting a desktop that might look like a science experiment, I wasn't really into the big hitting handhelds available, for one reason or another, I'm really fussy....

Heavy hitter or micro doser, the tempest does whatever you need it to, it has you covered.
I've had mine since November and I love it.

Tempest, reload and the wand are one of the best set-ups you can buy right now, if not the best.
Wand might not be the best induction heater available, but it is the best all round heater and when your out and about, it's a must.
Get some molicel p28 batteries and your good to go.

I wasn't new to mad heaters products, I've been buying their gear since their early days.
Quality of the materials, design and customer service are all top of the game in my opinion.

I would fully recommend this to you, I could go on and on and on, but all I'd be doing is repeating what others are saying.

Before the tempest came along, I had a list of things I wanted to buy, but the tempest killed that list off.
There is still a part of me that wants a tinymight 2, but every time I get close to buying one my tempest reminds me it'll be money wasted as it wouldn't get much use.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I've got a Simrell MVS, pretty sure I've tried the tempest on it and don't remember excessive heat. I'll give it another go tonight and see - purely for research purposes of course!
I think @VapingYogi Tried this. I think he reported that it works well with the half bowl, but is not enough cooling for full bowl. See what you think and report back.
Simrell Flat Stinger MP isn't great with the Tempest or TA's as the condenser doesn't extend all the way to the very end, the vapour rubs against the flat part of the MP - it can get quite hot when using the Tempest or TA just because of the length of the session. After about a minute or so the flat part of the MP can get uncomfortable. I eventually got used to it but as soon as I replaced it with the original I haven't gone back.

@RedZep I have the Flat Stinger on another stem with a 9-fin Dynvap x Simrell Tip - I ordered the tip just before I found the Tempest and got both at the same time... hence the unused cap... says a hell of a lot.

Anyway I replaced the Flat Stinger with the Simrell Original Stinger MP and its longer condenser that extends to the very tip to isolate the MP from the condenser and heat - and I use that one every day with a Tempest - well I have ever since I melted my Tempest mouthpiece - which I am waiting for the release date / presale to get a new one. The Simrell MVS with the Standard Stinger is basically like using the Direct Airflow tube; it's warm vapour but comfortable enough to use just like that - but not cool like the Helix tube.

I personally wouldn't use the Simrell MVS with the metal body; the Tempest stem gets warm enough.

The flat is the one on the left the regular/standard is the other 2 metal MP on the right Vortex in the middle (TA3 & TA4 heaters)

Before the tempest came along, I had a list of things I wanted to buy, but the tempest killed that list off.
There is still a part of me that wants a tinymight 2, but every time I get close to buying one my tempest reminds me it'll be money wasted as it wouldn't get much use.
Only the TA's have interested me since I got the Tempest as I was interested in the heritage of the Tempest as its grandfather (lol) is the Thermal Accumulator and I didn't have one... I love them both but - but the Tempest is unique. Ever since I got a powerful Induction Heater I am struggling to use anything else other than the Tempest and TA's

Well sometimes I use the Vapvana Screwball, Its the only other player on my desk that gets used

I'm hoping it'll be a wood vortex stem 🙏. So I've had not the greatest results with a torch until tonight. Bought this larger single flame eagle torch, and aiming at the 2 lines on the Tempest cap has yielded better results than a triple or quad torch for me so far.https://imgur.com/gallery/FclI8ym
I also have a Simrell Blackwood Vortex which currently have a TA4 on it, the blackwood is a great insulator, again its like using the Tempest with the Direct Tube - not as cool - but to the touch its the coolest of the stems I have currently to the Touch

Last edited:

RedZep

I was in your boat, the tempest was the device for me.
My wife doesn't partake so she wasn't keen on me getting a desktop that might look like a science experiment, I wasn't really into the big hitting handhelds available, for one reason or another, I'm really fussy....

Heavy hitter or micro doser, the tempest does whatever you need it to, it has you covered.
I've had mine since November and I love it.

Tempest, reload and the wand are one of the best set-ups you can buy right now, if not the best.
Wand might not be the best induction heater available, but it is the best all round heater and when your out and about, it's a must.
Get some molicel p28 batteries and your good to go.

I wasn't new to mad heaters products, I've been buying their gear since their early days.
Quality of the materials, design and customer service are all top of the game in my opinion.

I would fully recommend this to you, I could go on and on and on, but all I'd be doing is repeating what others are saying.

I agree on Tempest, Reload, wand being the best set up. When indoors it feels like a powerful desktop. The experience of sitting by a river with this set up is just wild. Doesn't feel like a compromise like most portables.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I agree on Tempest, Reload, wand being the best set up. When indoors it feels like a powerful desktop. The experience of sitting by a river with this set up is just wild. Doesn't feel like a compromise like most portables.
Wait until you get a Forge or a Flare - you wont know what hit you - the Tempest just excels

It fits the Anvil utility case but the Tempest will have its own leather case with decapper

Last edited:

rebelFarmer

Wait until you get a Forge or a Flare - you wont know what hit you - the Tempest just excels

It fits the Anvil utility case but the Tempest will have its own leather case with decapper
I am really curious about the flare and how it will work, watching the inductor for a desktop rig in the next sale as funds are a bit tighter rn!

Love my tempest! It is my daily, and with a reload by a river 100% agree that it is the first device for me that truely feels like it is not a compromise over skinning up, During some night time fishing recently I was yet again appreciating it.

I have been playing with lowering the temp some on hash, a little lower than flower actually to around 450F, in the past I always had to up the heat for hash but with the capacity of the SiC balls and the fact my hash is about 4months into curing... the flavours are immaculate.

evevape

I don’t have the xl cap but, I’d say yes it would / should fit. I just tried to put the tempest in the anvil (non XL) utility case. It’s only off by a few mm’s. In the pic I’m showing the tempest in the case mouthpiece first, tempest head attached to the cap.
Thank you, that looks promising. Diameter fits, length will follow ^^

I’ll see how this works out for me. Maybe better since the chamber of the Tempest is in the stem, whereas the Anvil chamber is removed with the cap. I’m also going to try the Reload, but it’s good to know that the anvil case will also work. It’s a hard to beat solution, absolute must have for all Anvil users.

AndyO

I know it's easy to ask them to just not send me the leather case, but it bums me out just a little bit that it's a default option that I'm paying for.

No doubt that being vegan encourages me to roll in vegan circles, which obviously sways my sphere of influence - but I know so many people making this change for a kinder and healthier planet now (and human consumption of cows is both so cruel, and so bad for the planet), it would be much more sensitive to not be charging me for it, and instead offer it as an additional purchase if you want it.

Even aside from the unnecessary usage of cows, it's also going to be wastage, thus even more unnecessary for so many of us VAS sufferers (who are going to be the Tempest's early adopters.) I have an Anvil case and a Slingstash already, both which are hard cases, both which have different style decappers on them. I already have a leather Dani case that I forgot to ask Wesley not to send. So not only is it unnecessary, but it's inferior to what I have.

Whether it adds $1 or $10 to the price, it's pretty arbitrary to include a case but not, say, a full set of ball options, which I daresay would be of more use to more people.

Last edited:

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Word. Pretty much the same story with me.

I still like my desktop unit, but it's more fiddling...tho it hits and tastes better, but like you said, looks like being in a lab lol. Tempest is more like a smooth operator, elegant, discreet, fast...

Sooo excited about the official release! :clap:

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I know it's easy to ask them to just not send me the leather case, but it bums me out just a little bit that it's a default option that I'm paying for.
Definitely agree, really wish they had a metal case option like the anvil or wood like dynavaps. I can’t stand the feel or smell of leather even without considering the ethical implications.

Octavia,
Reactions: Brenyo
Top Bottom