The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have recently broken my Tempest mouthpiece (I have no idea how) so I have been using a "shorty" wooden stem and I am enjoying very flavourful hits using a gentle heat with a dual torch.
I am a little confused about what this means. How is your mouthpiece broken? And given that it is titanium, I am a little confused on how one could break it accidentally.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Diamond teeth ? :lol:
Jaws from James bond?

Roger Moore Jaws GIF by James Bond 007

kegstandman420

Do you open it by hand usually? Seems like residue burnt onto it
No I used a leather case or my reload to open it almost exclusively. It almost looks like a perfect ring at the top of where the wand would heat. I know the raw metal discoloration is from my hands, but its where the purple titanium is. It has changed a different shade of purple.

kegstandman420,
Reactions: sedentree

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I am a little confused about what this means. How is your mouthpiece broken? And given that it is titanium, I am a little confused on how one could break it accidentally.
I would like to know too🤣🤣
Jaws from James bond?

I heated the mouthpiece and damaged the plastic inside of it which has made it unusable.

I actually took some photos of my stupidity.

I took apart all my devices including my Tempest, TAs, Revolve, Anvils, everything, I put it all into a glass jar with iso and left it sitting on a heated mat for 30 minutes... I didn't intend on leaving it on the heat mat but I walked off and forgot about it... I came back & emptied the jar into a strainer and put it under running hot water for about 2 minutes and then put it all on to this plate to dry.

I had this brilliant idea to dry the anvil ovens, tempest and ta caps in the oven because it was already on and I didn't want to wait for a long time to be able to use them... I then had the idea to put the cooling units in for a few minutes, all connected together, mouthpiece on, air tube in, pushed into the cooling unit, as there's always some water left inside when you don't take it apart.....

I put it into the oven and the mouth piece was spinning perfectly... I pulled it out, let it all cool and sat down to put it all together.

I get to the Tempest having just finished my Revolve and when I put the cooling unit into the wooden sleave I realize the mouthpiece wasn't spinning. I couldn't move it at all. I couldn't pull it out either it was stuck and I was very confused. Eventually I got it apart to see.. well you can see below what had happened.... now the mouthpiece is broken, the tube wont go in so my stem is out of action until I can organize a replacement (and wait the required 2-3 weeks for shipping to Australia).

I thought it was all silicone o-rings and metal.... I didn't think a 120c (I turned it down from the 180c it was on when I started rinsing the parts - so it was anywhere between 120c & 180c) would be able to damage the devices as its all metal and silicone o-rings and balls....

There is plastic in the mouthpiece which if you heat you can damage it - which I just did like a moron...

Suki

I heated the mouthpiece and damaged the plastic inside of it which has made it unusable.

I actually took some photos of my stupidity.

I took apart all my devices including my Tempest, TAs, Revolve, Anvils, everything, I put it all into a glass jar with iso and left it sitting on a heated mat for 30 minutes... I didn't intend on leaving it on the heat mat but I walked off and forgot about it... I came back & emptied the jar into a strainer and put it under running hot water for about 2 minutes and then put it all on to this plate to dry.

I had this brilliant idea to dry the anvil ovens, tempest and ta caps in the oven because it was already on and I didn't want to wait for a long time to be able to use them... I then had the idea to put the cooling units in for a few minutes, all connected together, mouthpiece on, air tube in, pushed into the cooling unit, as there's always some water left inside when you don't take it apart.....

I put it into the oven and the mouth piece was spinning perfectly... I pulled it out, let it all cool and sat down to put it all together.

I get to the Tempest having just finished my Revolve and when I put the cooling unit into the wooden sleave I realize the mouthpiece wasn't spinning. I couldn't move it at all. I couldn't pull it out either it was stuck and I was very confused. Eventually I got it apart to see.. well you can see below what had happened.... now the mouthpiece is broken, the tube wont go in so my stem is out of action until I can organize a replacement (and wait the required 2-3 weeks for shipping to Australia).

I thought it was all silicone o-rings and metal.... I didn't think a 120c (I turned it down from the 180c it was on when I started rinsing the parts - so it was anywhere between 120c & 180c) would be able to damage the devices as its all metal and silicone o-rings and balls....

There is plastic in the mouthpiece which if you heat you can damage it - which I just did like a moron...

that sucks man, I wouldn't blame it on your stupidity, how could you have known there was plastic in there?

Suki,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
that sucks man, I wouldn't blame it on your stupidity, how could you have known there was plastic in there?
I have taken it apart so many times over the last 8 months that you would think I would have noticed.

VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
if it's any consolation, I melted this plastic mouthpiece part by inserting the tempest upside down into the wand....:doh:
I feel your pain 💚

@AndyO this is the Stingray, it’s mostly metal and is better than the big buddy imo - the max flame size is smaller than the big buddy though (big buddy is my favorite with my TA thought, 15 seconds and done), I wouldn't use the big buddy with the Tempest as you can't run it low enough

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
No I used a leather case or my reload to open it almost exclusively. It almost looks like a perfect ring at the top of where the wand would heat. I know the raw metal discoloration is from my hands, but its where the purple titanium is. It has changed a different shade of purple.
Not sure what it could be unfortunately. :hmm: Is the glass of the wand clean around there? Do you heat it with the wand on top of the cap?

Brenyo,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I never really noticed this. I'm glad that plastic is resistant to ISO.
I'm with @Suki. ;)
if it's any consolation, I melted this plastic mouthpiece part by inserting the tempest upside down into the wand....:doh:
I handed a heated Tempest to a buddy of mine who was too high to handle it. And he put the wrong side in his mouth. He had used it before, and I usually say "watch the hot end" when I hand it to somebody but I neglected to say it that one time. All of my butane or induction heated vapes require a little more attention than battery operated ones. I suppose that could also include battery operated conduction units, but I have none of those.
I have never been a lover of hot metal or hot glass, but I've gotten used to some of them. I will admit that I have gotten the occasional burn from all of them, including the Lotus. Never the lips, however. At least that I remember.

Duba

Accessory Maker

I'm with @Suki. ;)

I handed a heated Tempest to a buddy of mine who was too high to handle it. And he put the wrong side in his mouth. He had used it before, and I usually say "watch the hot end" when I hand it to somebody but I neglected to say it that one time. All of my butane or induction heated vapes require a little more attention than battery operated ones. I suppose that could also include battery operated conduction units, but I have none of those.
I have never been a lover of hot metal or hot glass, but I've gotten used to some of them. I will admit that I have gotten the occasional burn from all of them, including the Lotus. Never the lips, however. At least that I remember.
fortunately, I realized the mistake before putting it in my mouth...I wondered why it didn't click and I understood when it started to smell like burnt plastic:)

Duba,
Reactions: cybrguy

delta hotel

I'm with @Suki. ;)

I once handed an Anvil to someone that stood there and watched me heat the oven end, asking questions about how it worked as I did so. I then handed it to them and even explained to watch for the hot end, thinking the obvious mouthpiece was where your mouth went. Wrong. She put the oven right to her mouth.

Back on Tempest topic. Still patiently waiting to order mine as a birthday gift that's passed several months ago, I thought we were closer then. Sounds like the wait is going to be worth it though.

mcscruffy

I rushed to share without getting some pics which sucks, but the space where I have the arrow drawn is where the fin was lower on once side from the bowl being bent. The two o rings on the bowl section just above the arrow inside the stem in that picture are what I was referring to lubricating with something better than water or saliva.

Edit: I am 100% sure it was bent. Once I removed it you could easily see the piece was bent. After my next bowl I emptied and got something to insulate my grip and it moved back with moderate force... Hard to quantify but it did not require much exertion to straighten again and can easily be done without tools. I did try to straighten when it was room temp first, but it was much harder and didn't move much.

After quite some time I want to say that there has been absolutely zero indication on any integrity issues since I was "100% sure" it bent.

I was convinced at the time, but I noticed the o ring at the bottom of the tip had a major crease in it.

All things considered, I retract this with the reason being I was too fucked up off the Tempest to see it was likely the oring getting caught.

I still fucking love this thing and all the money saved on antiVAS has been much better spent on the consumable side 😁

kegstandman420

Not sure what it could be unfortunately. :hmm: Is the glass of the wand clean around there? Do you heat it with the wand on top of the cap?
I heat it with the tempest head facing down. A little reclaim builds up from the escaping vapor but it's more at the bottom of the cup. I'm almost positive it wasn't like that when I got it. Either way, I love this thing and the reload!

popitup

Saw a lot of negative stuff about Mad Heaters / Tempest on reddit today; it's some nonsense. My take is that people are upset they haven't gotten one in their hands yet.

1. Mad Heaters makes excellent quality products, this includes the Tempest
2. The Tempest is my favorite vape
3. The beta isn't perfect, but the Tempest still my favorite vape

If any redditors find their way here, I just wanted to speak for someone who doesn't think the Tempest is over-hyped. The hype is real, and it's wins my reach test a lot. My post history proves as much.

Happy vaping :peace:

Top Bottom