The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Feyd2blak

Of the 4 mesh screens that came with the test kit ive used 3 and all work fine at half bowl setting, no slippage at all, I usually use the reload tool to fit it not sure if that's a factor. The Dani Fusion V1 ccd definitely does not fit, too small, struggling to find specs of the 2.0 as believe it is slightly larger. Definitely wouldn't mind a Ccd but no complaints with the test mesh so far.
Big fan of full bowl now rather than half, usually closed or bypass on the stem, half or 3/⁴ open on the tip. Switched back to the helix mouthpiece no scu for a change and still really nice flavour, struggling to find a setting I don't like so far

Peacefrog78

Of the 4 mesh screens that came with the test kit ive used 3 and all work fine at half bowl setting, no slippage at all, I usually use the reload tool to fit it not sure if that's a factor. The Dani Fusion V1 ccd definitely does not fit, too small, struggling to find specs of the 2.0 as believe it is slightly larger. Definitely wouldn't mind a Ccd but no complaints with the test mesh so far.
Big fan of full bowl now rather than half, usually closed or bypass on the stem, half or 3/⁴ open on the tip. Switched back to the helix mouthpiece no scu for a change and still really nice flavour, struggling to find a setting I don't like so far
I linked some amazon mesh screens a page or two back and im using them for the stunner and dani fusion 2.0 also. They fit snugly, but are finicky with the fusion 2.0 half bowl setting.

Peacefrog78,
Reactions: TedJones

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How fucking bizarre. I just tried to put some of those screens in an amazon shopping cart and got this: "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." This is apparently some kind of cave to paraphernalia laws, in a place where REC cannabis is legal. Insane...

mcscruffy

I often open my Tempest to determine whether the load is fully exhausted before I go for a second heat. If I see a heat ring, which I occasionally do, I may give it a stir before I put it back in the wand for my second go. Then again, I am a little compulsive about getting the most out of my herb.
I've found I only get the ring when I pull as hard as I can trying to clear it in a couple draws. I don't get the ring and have a perfectly even roast if I draw with about 60% force instead of full on ripping and find it more enjoyable with better flavor. I can't really tell a difference on how strong the effects are either way... I'm sure there's some, but it's not worth the tradeoff imo.

Jojofernz

how do you guys adjust the bowl setting? do you just push the cap with bowls up?
There are grooves higher up in the bowl that the screen is able to sit in for the half bowl setting instead of sitting all the way down for full bowl. I try to pop it in with something like the bottom of the reload pot or something flat to just gently push it in. For example if you own any Dynavap tips you can set the tip top down, place the screen on top of the bottom then gently push the tempest tip centered over th screen to try to have it set in the half bowl.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: ToatsOats

kokolokokolokon

It's been a while since the last time I contributed to this thread. The tempest is still one of the vaporizers that I liked the most and it has encouraged me to severely reduce the collection! I mean, a lot :lol:
I find i like the glass balls more but i still need to try the SiC 2,5mm balls. Love the initial punch of the glass!

Since there are a lot of messages and it is logic new people dont read everything…i post the solid mesh i use which is perfect for half bowl (but hard as fuck to use in full bowl :lol:) in case someone want it :haw: [only on EU :rolleyes:]

This is how it looks in the tempest (there are images of a modded dynacoil and the tempest stem in the TM stem):

Now, funky time with some hash! (cbd. I’m in a thc t-break)

popitup

1. Over 100 sessions in, I have a desk full of excellent vapes, but I've been choosing the Tempest almost exclusively because of how much I enjoy the ritual.
2. Did my first cleaning as I realized what others have, gravity makes the reclaim go into the balls, and gunks up the cap, eventually overflowing into the cup in the wand and burning off.
3. Thanks all for the tips on cleaning, I opted for not removing my balls and soaking the entire cap while running it through the ultrasonic cleaner, then rinsing with water, letting air dry for a while, blowing it out, then doing three cycles of burn off in the wand and blowing out again. Maybe I will try and remove the screen next time, I didn't want to play pick up the balls though.
4. I can't wait to own a second one.
5. kokolokokolokon that is awesome.

kokolokokolokon

3. Thanks all for the tips on cleaning, I opted for not removing my balls and soaking the entire cap while running it through the ultrasonic cleaner, then rinsing with water, letting air dry for a while, blowing it out, then doing three cycles of burn off in the wand and blowing out again. Maybe I will try and remove the screen next time, I didn't want to play pick up the balls though.
4. I can't wait to own a second one.
5. kokolokokolokon that is awesome.
I recommend you to quit the calibration module and the ih layer to clean it in the ultrasonic cleaner
And thanks! :science:Pscience!

kokolokokolokon,

bupbups

I recommend you to quit the calibration module and the ih layer to clean it in the ultrasonic cleaner
And thanks! :science:Pscience!
Can you explain what you mean here, I seen his comment and thought to myself I might clean my device the same as it seems simple enough.

Should that method not be followed at all? What could go wrong.

Thanks

bupbups,

kokolokokolokon

Can you explain what you mean here, I seen his comment and thought to myself I might clean my device the same as it seems simple enough.

Should that method not be followed at all? What could go wrong.
This is what I do as a precaution so as not to damage the calibration.
You remove the calibration module with a screwdriver and leave it on the reload magnet. Then you remove the magnetizable layer and the ball module stays with the larger air holes so the ISO (or what you use to clean the device) penetrates more into the balls module, just as it is better rinsed later

Maybe @Brenyo can tell if im a little paranoid or if he knows a good way to clean the calibration module

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just soak the whole head in ISO for a while and then rinse it in hot water and then dry it out. I was not aware that there was any issue with messing up the calibration. Again, I don't clean the head very often as the main way for reclaim to get in there is gravity while heating it. My screen remains quite clean.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@cybrguy i do it because i see other brands recommending not to soak discs on iso. Anyway i use to clean the DV dics with iso but not in a long period of time.
Maybe im wrong and there is no problem at all
If @Brenyo tells us that it is worthwhile to separate the calibration unit from the rest of the head before we soak it, I'm sure I can do that, especially given how relatively rare it is for me to clean the head. But if it isn't necessary, I would rather skip it. ;)

I very rarely clean a VC cap, but when I do I use a qtip with ISO and don't soak it.

Singularity Walker

This was in response to garett asking if everything could be submerged in ISO including click discs.
You can, however the o-ring under the heat shield is not iso safe yet. Should be no problem until the release though, I didn’t have any issues so far.

As I know in the DV caps the iso can get trapped below the discs which shouldn’t be able to happen here.

I've submerged mine in every weekly cleaning for 3+ months now, no issues.
Edit: in the interest of clarity I use Everclear not ISO for cleaning but the the principal is the same.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The tempest is still one of the vaporizers that I liked the most and it has encouraged me to severely reduce the collection!

QFT, my flower kit now is Tempest on my CC Dante at home, and Tempest native out and about. ZX will always stay for sessions, but other than that I’m thinking of selling off the rest of my flower devices.

ETA: I soak the whole head in iso, but I removed my click disks, the VI is all I use.

Top Bottom