The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
any new information about the official release date? He is now listed on verdampftnochmal as of January 15th
If it's not finished soon then it may be delayed to March because of the upcoming Chinese New Year in February.

A new batch of pre-release models, hopefully with the final click discs and some in color, is expected in January.

For the pre-release customers, I'll be sending out new indicator housing and induction layers with the updated parts. These should look better after some torch use, be less affected by sweaty hands, and can also be polished to restore their original shine.

Happy Christmas everyone!

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
All this talk about half bowl setting has me wondering: what (if any) is the advantage/difference resultswise in adjusting the position of the screen as opposed to just loading half a bowls worth of green in the full bowl set-up?

I mean, isn't it much easier to just load different amounts, and tamp down a bit deeper into the bowl/a bit further away from the hot tip (which doesn't impact extraction powers at all ime) while comfortably leaving the screen in it's full bowl position or am i missing some advantage?

Why fiddle with the screen if you can just load the bowl as much or as little as you want anyway is what i ask myself? :hmm:

Edit:
I'll be sending out new indicator housing and induction layers with the updated parts. These should look better after some torch use, be less affected by sweaty hands, and can also be polished to restore their original shine.

Ooh, that sounds nice! Kinda gives me the urge to finally try a torch on my unit...
Have been using the wand exclusively, first of all because it's very convenient and ultra-repeatable but also because it keeps things very clean... but must admit that i have been curious to try a torch nevertheless...

Here's to hoping for a finished VI version as a new years gift to us all!! So that everybody can start to enjoy this great device from the very start of 2024!!

Meanwhile i'll stick to the wand but will be keeping my torch ready for when that day comes upon us!!

Last edited:

TedJones

or am i missing some advantage?
Yea I’ve been noticing advantages of having the entire load as close to the heat source as possible. I’ve been raising it in my desktop vape bowls, with great results.

I was thinking the same a bit ago and was doing half and three quarter loads, but think the raise helps. Fill to the brim imo ;)

Smknbud

For the pre-release customers, I'll be sending out new indicator housing and induction layers with the updated parts.
If said parts were pre-installed in the indicator housing I for one wouldn't be too upset if the task wasn't left to me....just saying :D

Smknbud,

Singularity Walker

For the pre-release customers, I'll be sending out new indicator housing and induction layers with the updated parts. These should look better after some torch use, be less affected by sweaty hands, and can also be polished to restore their original shine.
Wow, sounds like a lot of improvements to the cap. VI, click disks, induction layer, indicator housing.
Hoping it makes it final in time to come soon.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Thank you as well.

Singularity Walker,

kokolokokolokon

This thing is nuts! Borrowed bicycle to go buy an extra can of gas on the first day lol.
Wooo i need to order a wood sleeve too!! Looks incredible. I will try to find an EU maker who uses a metal liner

Lately I'm very lost and I don't log into fuckcombustion so much cause of work. But... Merry Christmas! Happy holidays! Happy hanukah! And happy kwanzaa!

Sad New Year GIF

Duba

Accessory Maker
I'm not a 1/2 bowl man in general, but you caught my attention with your comments and I have to say that after trying it, the results are excellent. Thank you all for the collective construction of Tempest knowledge.👨‍🎓
Happy holidays

ezpz

Half bowl setting for me. Makes it easier to fill a bowl. Just “stab and twist” the tempest in the reload, brush away the top and finger tamp. No need to pinch/scoop herb into the bowl, and no extra tamping tool needed.

Happy Holidaze everyone.

rebelFarmer

Full bowl for me still :) I like the slightly longer session and am not really trying to conserve herb when I consume. I started out with the 1/2 bowl but since I enjoy doing numerous back to back in a session it seemed to make more sense to get more flavour out of the herb. I don't think it could be much easier for me, stab and twist probably twice and slap it in the vape, vape until flavour goes away (lighter yellow).

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Yea I’ve been noticing advantages of having the entire load as close to the heat source as possible. I’ve been raising it in my desktop vape bowls, with great results.

I was thinking the same a bit ago and was doing half and three quarter loads, but think the raise helps. Fill to the brim imo ;)

Maybe i'll try placing the screen in half bowl position one day but pushing it down to full bowl was the very first thing i did when i received my Tempest. Wouldn't mind it being bigger tbh so yeah: full bowl has my preference.

But i did try once or twice with smaller loads and just filled the bowl halfway, tamped it down. Worked great every time: nice and even 1 heatingcycle-extraction and nice clouds (but less then a full bowl obviously). My impression was that the slightly bigger distance from the heat didn't affect even extraction at all tbh...
That result made me decide that (for my use case) it's not really worth repositioning the screen. It i want half bowl (or a slightly smaller load) i'll just tamp it down and carry on.
So yeah, full bowl all the way for me.
But to each their own ofcourse!

Last edited:

TedJones

My impression was that the slightly bigger distance from the heat didn't affect even extraction at all tbh...
Yea I’m probably overthinking it here since it is such a small form factor. A tad more heat than if it were set in half perhaps.
but I've gone back to the full bowl which produces more vapor.
For sure! Last few rounds I’ve done a light pack in full.

Most recently tried a quick small draw shortly after the click, then back to heating. Saw this in a vid awhile ago for a different portable. Wondering if it helps things “get going” for a lack of a better term.

TedJones,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Using the cardboard Revolve container to carry my tempest around works but is kind of awkward. Once I can convince myself to throw another $50 at it, I will likely get the parchment case from @Duba . In my brain I will have to look at it as a piece of art to rationalize the cost. After all, it is replacing a cardboard tube... :cool:

BTW, that wood stem is gorgeous and it goes so well with that case...

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
BTW, that wood stem is gorgeous and it goes so well with that case...
I love the matching set too:love:
Full bowl, very lightly tampered. Direct tube with SCU. And half closed bypass? Dont know all the terms yet lol...but I do like that configuration atm.
Same setting except that i keep the bypass closed and i open from 1/3 the head airflow control.

Duba,
Reactions: cybrguy

RedZep

Full bowl, very lightly tampered. Direct tube with SCU. And half closed bypass? Dont know all the terms yet lol...but I do like that configuration atm.
Sharing few pics...such a classy companion, feels like a Swiss watch :)
How do you like the airflow at the tip?
I'm experimenting with Direct flow tube, half bowl, half closed bi-pass. I have my tip airflow half closed but I think I'm going to experiment with that.

RedZep,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Because I need to cool the vapor as much as possible when not using water I have just been using the helix tube with the SCU installed. I guess I should try the direct tube, but I can't see how it would benefit me other than possibly improving taste.
It is kind of interesting that I can feel the heat through the air hole when I put my finger on it.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
How do you like the airflow at the tip?
I'm experimenting with Direct flow tube, half bowl, half closed bi-pass. I have my tip airflow half closed but I think I'm going to experiment with that.
I do think the airflow is right there where it needs to be. Feels like a spliff. Have 83 balls...

When I pull, I have air hole closed all the time, only when I start to feel the heat I start tapping...

People asking "What flute you got there mate?" :D

Last edited:

Shorner

Because I need to cool the vapor as much as possible when not using water I have just been using the helix tube with the SCU installed. I guess I should try the direct tube, but I can't see how it would benefit me other than possibly improving taste.
It is kind of interesting that I can feel the heat through the air hole when I put my finger on it.
I don't like the scu , it makes the mouthpiece go too hot for me.

Shorner,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom