The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Jojofernz

Will there be much difference with the final release and the pre-release units coming on Jan 10th? Will it just be stuff that can be replaced in due course?
Seems this release will have the final bowl screen so I believe it’s mainly the click that will be finalized/calibrated in the final build so still no calibrated click in this release.

Anything not in the pre-release, you will be able to buy at full launch that is in the full release, and price will be equal between the discounted pre-release price and the extras you buy at release like the calibrated click disks, box, manual, etc.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: ezpz

Beansuppa

How do I get in on this?
Just gotta wait till Brenyo gives us the time. The test kit is on the madheaters website, so once you know the time you'll just have to wait for the drop and slam that refresh button.

Make sure you're logged in and your payment info is all set so you don't have to slow down doing any of that stuff when you're ready to buy.

I'm honestly not sure what the demand will be like this time around since there are so many test kits out in the wild already, but I imagine there's tons of lurkers so it doesn't hurt to be prepared!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm guessing that if he's releasing 100 that will probably cover most if not all of the people that are interested in getting a pre-release. But, of course, it is nothing but a guess, based on the amount of activity in here. I want to pick up a second head, but I am in no hurry to get it because I have one and one is all I really need to have at any given moment. For now, I take the head off and put it on glass when I'm at home. Later I will have one that lives on glass but there's no hurry for that. I wouldn't wanna take one out of the queue for those who don't have any yet.
If I'm going to throw more money at this sucker right now, it's going to be for that parchment case... ;)

kokolokokolokon

@kokolokokolokon, I finally found some TM2 screens and they are awesome for the tempest! Could just be in my head, but it feels like I'm getting better airflow and flavor too.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: lluther

ahm123

I made it a bit concave and managed to squish it into the half bowl setting. It's not totally flat, but the extraction is still even.

I noticed that the screens it came with allowed material to get through and gunk up the bowl past the screen.
you are making me want to order some but i wonder how they will compare to the final tempest screens that are to be sent soon

ahm123,

AndyO

Bit of a heartbreaker that we're looking at March now :(

I'm probably not one who will get a pre-release/beta release, I'm too far away and shipping is too expensive (for MH and for me!) if anything goes wrong. I'll just keep not so very patiently waiting.

rebelFarmer

Tiny might mesh, cut to size in the full bowl really does hit nice and after about 3-4 in a row it seems to be pretty clean in general although too early to say.

I like it a lot :)

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I really don't understand why some people are having screens clogg....I have been using the screens provided with no problem, I bought some 10mm screens off ebay too which fit well and don't clog up either.

Same.
I'm still using the original screen and just checked it: hardly any dirt/buildup/clogging to be seen.
I've only cleaned it once since i started to use it.

OMD grind, slightly tamped down bowl (usually full)
I do always blow thru the stem to clean the bowl immediately after use so maybe that's a factor?
Also: i never stir...

Maybe the stem setup makes a difference too? I have been using the direct tube mostly. Maybe when using the helix tube the vapor stays longer/travels around more in the stem/bowl thus condensing more (on the screen)?
idk, just thinking out loud...

666Honeybadger,
Reactions: ezpz

Shorner

Same.
I'm still using the original screen and just checked it: hardly any dirt/buildup/clogging to be seen.

I do always blow thru the stem to clean the bowl immediately after use so maybe that's a factor?

Maybe the stem setup makes a difference too? I have been using the direct tube mostly. Maybe when using the helix tube the vapor stays longer/travels around more in the stem/bowl thus condensing more (on the screen)?
I use mine the same as you , always give it a blow through...I can't see the stem set up making any difference tbh.

Shorner,

RedZep

Will there be much difference with the final release and the pre-release units coming on Jan 10th? Will it just be stuff that can be replaced in due course?
Only potential differences will be imperfect temp indicators (visual and audible). On full release there will be a kit with these parts available. You will not incur extra costs by getting an early unit.

Device is perfectly usable even with slightly out of tune indicators. All things considered I see no reason to not go for early release, unless you want a specific colour and can't get it.

rebelFarmer

I really don't understand why some people are having screens clogg....I have been using the screens provided with no problem, I bought some 10mm screens off ebay too which fit well and don't clog up either.

Same.

I like a finer grind, I also vape hash with cotton and the odd mix of concentrate and weed. A lot of back to back bowls, but really my screen had gotten pretty ragged in general I noticed. Could be a difference between screens maybe could also be that I am rough on de-bowling at times? Either way the tm screen works nicely when cut down. I am happy with it.
Only potential differences will be imperfect temp indicators (visual and audible). On full release there will be a kit with these parts available. You will not incur extra costs by getting an early unit.

Device is perfectly usable even with slightly out of tune indicators. All things considered I see no reason to not go for early release, unless you want a specific colour and can't get it.
I got mine in the last pre order batch, I use it a lot and don't regret it and would do it again! Personally since the improved parts are released as a kit and it works so well now I cannot think of a reason not to get into the pre-order. Personally I just use the wand and only use the visual indicator for hot reloads, lack of a click means nothing to me and I much prefer this workflow over a dyna.

Shorner

I got mine in the last pre order batch, I use it a lot and don't regret it and would do it again! Personally since the improved parts are released as a kit and it works so well now I cannot think of a reason not to get into the pre-order. Personally I just use the wand and only use the visual indicator for hot reloads, lack of a click means nothing to me and I much prefer this workflow over a dyna.
I will echo this.

shadymilkman

I dont plan on skipping the pre order again, because theres no reason to just hope Im blessed to get one of them. Ill wait till march for the gunmetal and double up from the prototype.

TankeyPankey

Do the colors on the beta test units have an upcharge?

Also how long did it take for it to be delivered to the United states?

TankeyPankey,

Jojofernz

Also how long did it take for it to be delivered to the United states?
Mine was 2 weeks from date of shipping, but it was also in the middle of thanksgiving/Black Friday stuff.

Jojofernz,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My orders from Madheaters have taken anywhere from eight days to 14 days to get from England to my suburban Chicago address. The variance pretty much has all taken place within the confines of U. S. P. S. and which customs office it went through.

TankeyPankey

Also, is the 20% off accessory available for the test kits?

What accessories (if any) are available as add ons?

TankeyPankey,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo You mention a new sleeve for IH for us on the beta, what changed? Is it going to be compatable with the YLLVAPE IH ? Loving this yoke!
It's not going to be compatible with the YLL 1/2 because it can't output the power that it would need to heat it properly.
It will be compatible with the new 3x18650 version that's going to be released by BFG.
The new layer will have more chromium

Yes

Also, is the 20% off accessory available for the test kits?

What accessories (if any) are available as add ons?
It is, pretty much everything else counts as an add-on if I remember correctly.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
I do take my words back about adultered taste when using Wand. Or am I getting used to that lol. Been testing it with others, and no one noticed anything. But the funky smell is still there in the Wand hole. I dunno...

Apart from that, portable IH really comes handy in many situations.

BushRanger,

Jojofernz

It's not going to be compatible with the YLL 1/2 because it can't output the power that it would need to heat it properly.
It will be compatible with the new 3x18650 version that's going to be released by BFG.
The new layer will have more chromium

Yes

It is, pretty much everything else counts as an add-on if I remember correctly.
Glad to hear the new BFG will work with it, I’m interested to try that one out!

Such a great device still, flavorful and great on the effects

RedZep

I had a second set of wand batteries in an online shopping cart. Decided against it. I realize that my other vapes barely get a chance when I have wand power. I quite like having a reason to put the Tempest down now and again. Otherwise Tempest would dominate to the point I start thinking of selling vapes I like.

I know this is irrational but :shrug:

Top Bottom