• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Sublimator

Sublimator427

I paid a little over a grand for my XLR 2.0 and all the glass and extra attachments when they were new. Thought it might even go up in value with all the production and shortage issues. Doesn't seem to be the case since I've had no luck with mine even at a substantial markdown. For as amazing a vape rig as these are, the secondary market for them does seem rather small.

Sublimator427,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps bc all Sublimator parts WERE and ARE overpriced w/o any reason combined with a shitty CS and meanwhile there are some more awesome devices available - for much less money and with less harshness than the Sub and much better CS?

EDIT: And perhaps bc Enrico is always acting like a nerving total jerk in his vids and there are a lot of people out there who don't want to make buisiness with products of a company with him as CEO?

Last edited:

Sublimator427

Well I'm not here to take personal shots at Enrico. The individual parts of the Sub definitely are overpriced, but I also understand the costs involved in producing limited run items like this for a niche market and that always translates to higher prices on the buyers' end. I've also noticed prices did come down a good bit between the 2.0 and 3.0 generation.

Now as for more awesome devices being available for less, not for me they aren't. I've noticed every complaint leveled against the Sub has to do with harshness or non-portability or high cost or customer service. Fact remains, it is the highest horsepower straight-line performance modular vape rig there is that can handle both herb and concentrate. I have not seen another system even approach what I've been able to do with my Sub since 2014. A lot of people tell me I need to check out the Glass Symphony and FlowerPot as they seem to be the most popular new kids on the block. I looked up both in demo videos and just wasn't impressed. They both appear to be less modular and less powerful systems, and it does not look like they can serve as true dab rigs like the Sub can either. That combination of modularity and power and versatility hasn't been matched anywhere else IMO.

Last edited:

Hogni

Sorry for my hard words regarding Enrico. Not my own for clarification just the words people really used when I spoke to them about the Sublimator. His way of acting in his vids doesn't only make friends.

You are absolutely right except the last point. But don't forget it's stickiness.

For sure the Sub is one of the heaviest (one) hitter and a steam machine but not for flavour chasers in my experience. And I don't think it's pretty versatile compared to other devices as the FP for example. You should really try it! Without you don't know what people are speaking about. I've some of the top notch devices my own incl. the Herb Ti and FP and tried a lot of other ones. But without having tried the GS the Sub is still on my top 5 of desktop vapes and that after years w/o nearly any improvements.

Sublimator427

With Sublimator's system I really enjoy that you have the option to build your own base unit with whatever special rings and launch tubes and adapters and glass that you like. Then you have a further choice of the Apollo for best herb results, the Nail for best concentrate results, or the Dabmaster for the best of both worlds. And you can get all of that in your choice of Stainless or Titanium. You could build several Sublimator units each with a very distinctly different use and different levels of performance. It basically exists in its own ecosystem of products and rigs all its own which I love. I haven't seen that anywhere else.

And yes, the Sub is not for "flavor chasers" or any of the gentler side of the vaping community. It never was IMO. It's a big nasty rig purposefully designed to deliver the most powerful vapor shot in one hit and essentially replicate a combustion experience with that uniquely thick "bio-gas" it produces. The FlowerPot and Glass Symphony systems look like those gentler systems that let you take some light puffs of normal vapor out of the same bowl for a while and you can stir a few times. I personally need the harder hitting nature of the Sub to be satisfied, which years later still only exists in a league of its own in that regard.

Think of it like the new 850HP Dodge Demon. It goes 0-100 real quick in the loudest brashest nastiest way possible. And for that reason it's not for everyone :rofl:

Hogni

You HAVE to try the FP beyond 700 degree and we'll speak again - promissed! ;)

Yep, the Sub is a kind of Lego for stoners similar as the VC but much more expensive and not so nice and not with so many combinations.

Hogni,

Hogni

0.2 + live resin you CAN handle with the FP but I don't know - never tried and never want to try - whether it will be a ONE hitter. Guess more of a two hitter.
However, to each his own and if the Sub is working so good for you you don't wanna try another one....
:tup:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Sublimator427

I own one of the original Subs, it had the timer box on it at one stage.
It was an enjoyable experience but not if you like to taste your herb.
Amazing one hit and done with almost black ABV is the Sub standard but i found it to be not as enjoyable as some of my other vapes.
I found the Sub to be a one trick pony, high heat rapid extractions are it's only concern.

The New Vape Showerhead took it's place with ease!
Instant whitewalls with amazing flavor and effects, add dabs or whatever while hitting the flower or make some interesting sandwich experiments! No preheating of the bowl is required for monster hits.
If you can get a chance to test drive one, i would recommend it!

This was 0,1g in my Showerhead

And a quick one of my modded digital Sub!

Sublimator427

It seems to be the "new Sublimator" for a lot of people but I'm still just not impressed personally. I saw that video when I was looking these up and my exact thoughts were "Cool, so it does the same thing but way slower with more loose parts". It was groundbreaking seeing the Sub do it back in 2014 but these new ones just seem like they're playing catch-up years later.

Here's what I think it comes down to. The Sublimator is definitely not the best choice for you if you're looking to mainly vape and taste herb in a slow session. In that regard the Sub is just too aggressive with fast heat like you said and involves too much metal for taste purity. Even I moved away from herb with the Sublimator because it kinda just wasn't having the same effect anymore, was too used to it. At that point I realized I'm more into concentrates and switched to dabbing off the Sublimator exclusively. Once in a while friends will come over with herb and we'll haze out the room with a combo hit for fun, but that's the only time herb is used in mine anymore.

It all comes down to knowing what you're on the market for. If you need a vape exclusively for dry herb it seems to be pretty tricky picking out the perfect one because of all the nuances that go along with wanting to get a perfect flavor profile. But if you're just looking for raw power and something that can also serve as a uniquely advanced dab rig, Sublimator is still Top Gun IMO

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It seems to be the "new Sublimator" for a lot of people but I'm still just not impressed personally. I saw that video when I was looking these up and my exact thoughts were "Cool, so it does the same thing but way slower with more loose parts". It was groundbreaking seeing the Sub do it back in 2014 but these new ones just seem like they're playing catch-up years later.

Here's what I think it comes down to. The Sublimator is definitely not the best choice for you if you're looking to mainly vape and taste herb in a slow session. In that regard the Sub is just too aggressive with fast heat like you said and involves too much metal for taste purity. Even I moved away from herb with the Sublimator because it kinda just wasn't having the same effect anymore, was too used to it. At that point I realized I'm more into concentrates and switched to dabbing off the Sublimator exclusively. Once in a while friends will come over with herb and we'll haze out the room with a combo hit for fun, but that's the only time herb is used in mine anymore.

It all comes down to knowing what you're on the market for. If you need a vape exclusively for dry herb it seems to be pretty tricky picking out the perfect one because of all the nuances that go along with wanting to get a perfect flavor profile. But if you're just looking for raw power and something that can also serve as a uniquely advanced dab rig, Sublimator is still Top Gun IMO

For sure bro! Each to his/her own!
If it works for you and you are happy, no need to change or look into anything else.

I do have one question for you though about dabbing!
What setting do you use your Sub at for dabs?
I always found them to be lacking in the Sub but they really came to life on a dedicated enail with a quartz bowl and lower temps. Still whitewalls any glass i have and the effects and flavor are seriously intense!

I stopped dabbing of my Sub once i tried a quartz nail in a dispensary!
It was a cheap, rarely cleaned setup but who says no to a massive Cotton Candy free dab!!
Completely changed my perspective on the heat required for perfect dabs.

LOL at the video... 1,5g dabs... Don't know anyone who regularly does them!
Just a waste.

This is the future in my opinion!

Sublimator427

I do have one question for you though about dabbing!
What setting do you use your Sub at for dabs?
I always found them to be lacking in the Sub but they really came to life on a dedicated enail with a quartz bowl and lower temps.

Either 11 or full power 12 on the Monkey 2.0 Controller. I've noticed people complaining about dabs being weak on the Sub and then their controllers are set to like 6 or 7. All I can say to these people is stop trying to low temp taste everything. Crank it up and take your dab. This isn't the correct machine for you otherwise. As for the 1.5g glob video, obviously it's wasteful and not something that's done every day, but it's just to demonstrate the raw capability of the machine. You wouldn't take a 1,000+ HP drag racer out as a daily driver either, but at least you still know you can run that 8 second 1/4 mile whenever you want :D

Ugh, don't get me started on quartz in coils. I have to meticulously Q-tip them after every use to keep them nice and every single one still degraded to crap eventually. I never found the dab to be the same quality or potency as the ones out of the Sub anyway quite frankly. To me the difference in the vapor absolutely exists. It really is a thicker finer "bio-gas" particle than whatever normal rigs can produce. This is quantifiable for me when a hit out of my Sub literally hangs around the room as slow thick oily plumes for minutes at a time, while vapor from any other rig will dissipate in seconds.

That's the secret sauce that keeps me coming back to this thing, a lot of people have tried to tell me the whole bio-gas thing is made up marketing but I literally have a whole group of heady dabber friends that confirm its different from anything they've ever used every time. These are the same guys that spend thousands on the highest quality Pukin Beagle or Toro Grail or whatever the most expensive quartz brands are, and they literally put that stuff away when I show up with the Sub :rofl:

One of them taught me a neat trick to get around the Sub's infamously long heat up times. They use torches to heat up their quartz, so if you take one and hold it just far enough from the Sublimator's heating element that the flame isn't actually scorching it, man does that help it right along to full temp in a couple minutes. Used to take a solid 15!

Last edited:
Sublimator427,
Reactions: Poostuff

Phenix

quick question: how can I secure the Sublimator screen?
I have a matching screen which fits in the cavet (at the funnel-alike metal piece) BUT while it fits perfectly it sits loose and falls out if I flip the thing..
so: how can I make the screen stay put?

thanks in advance!

Phenix,
Reactions: Poostuff

Poostuff

Please delete
I unscrew the atomiser then from the top wedge a screen under the lip.
You will need to bend the screen.
With one finger holding the screen in place from the top I gently push the sides of the screen up from underneath until it’s sitting flush. It’ll will never fall out once it’s in & gets easier as the screens age.

Poostuff,
Reactions: Teedub

creationdivine

I use the screen that sublimator sent me as a template to cut new screens. That way you can increase the diameter of the screen so it will fit snug. You will need to bend the screen into the middle so it will initially fit in the bowl, then once it is in, push the bend out with a poker tool so it sits flat at the bottom.

Last edited:

Angryman

The Benzedrine's got my teeth wiggling.
Does anyone know what is going on with Enrico? I cannot seem to get a response from him... I own and love my stainless steel campground unit but would like to see about getting the titanium version. Anybody use one?

CanoVet

Skilled professional
I saw enricho trying to endorse a new product. It is a kava drink infused with terpenes. No thc. Some of the bottles had 24k gold floating in them. I think they are cannabis derived terpenes too. It was in wine bottles.

creationdivine

@CanoVet Interesting development. Kava is pretty cool but I've only ever drank it by preparing the beverage myself with a bag of shredded root. 24K gold flakes, but why? Who is gonna buy that shit, and at what price?

Then again, I'm sure there are a lot of vaporists who say the same thing about paying the price for a sub. It makes me wonder 2 things; what does it actually costs to produce 1 sublimator compared the price they're sold for, and how much money has the business made or lost in the past few years. It doesn't really seem like there are that many out there in the wild, so it wouldn't surprise me if he moved onto a new project all together. I've always thought the device was overpriced (embarrassing to tell friends, especially since I own 2. lol), even though it is still my favorite and totally worth it if you blaze frequently.

Who knows, maybe he's about to break into a whole new market. This is a brave new world after all. Either that, or he took a few too many sub hits to the dome. :lol:

grokit

well-worn member
It's pretty easy if you have any electrical sensibilities @Been Vapin,
any light dimmer type-device will work :tup:

After I over-built my own, we discovered this device on amazon.
It's the easiest way:
i3wk8o.jpg

It's the upside-down unit in front of the kill-a-watt and timer.
I definitely recommend the timer for safety :nod:

:myday:

Top Bottom