• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
No - Sparks are not normal :(
Where is it? and when?

We had a go at converting HerbieVonVapster's FCShare files for the DNA mods so you can save them in notepad as a CSV file and import them into Arctic Fox via the material edit button, on this page http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-178

Only differences I'm seeing now are .....
I run with the Resistance unlocked
Brightness - 25%
On the Advanced tab > RTC mode - LIRC (altho I can't say I've changed that myself)
And I've enabled the 2A charging, in the advanced tab too.
i am confused on the herbievonvapster file. like, i do not know how to import it to the device through the software.

yes, the spark is real! it is almost like flame like. i'm creeped out when it happens. i hope it is just my settings.. if so, i can always revert settings or use something else

wm762,

virtualpurple

i am confused on the herbievonvapster file. like, i do not know how to import it to the device through the software.

yes, the spark is real! it is almost like flame like. i'm creeped out when it happens. i hope it is just my settings.. if so, i can always revert settings or use something else

I don’t think it’s as simple as your settings, I haven’t heard of anyone previously seeing sparks in their device before.

I would make immediate contact with the seller from whom you’ve purchased.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I'm no expert but I don't think there is or was a DNA166
The Lost Vape Therion has a DNA250 chip
(altho some people list it as a DNA166 as it's a DNA250 chip setup to deliver a max of 166W from 2 batteries)
DNA “166’s” were throttled down DNA 200 chips that were made by Lost Vape. A 166 Therion was my first mod a couple of years ago...still going strong.

speshals

there is no autofire/cruise on DNAs :)
What I meant was when I click the main button to wake the vape up from standby it would usually wake up and then I can hold the button down and pull but with the custom settings I have to hold the button on the whole time to keep the vape from going to standby

speshals,

Mr. Me2

Since I joined the Splinter brigade, I’ve been looking for the perfect basket scraper. And boy did @RogueGuy come through...

20191106-214632-1.jpg

The one on the right fits perfectly in my work station and is the best poker and scoop I’ve seen. This tool works just like the one that comes with the Splinter - but the body is much more substantial.

The one on the left could be the best basket scraper ever. And the center piece would run a super close second.

Each is a pleasure to hold and use.

Thanks @RogueGuy !

garett

Hi again, my splinter arrived a week ago, and it is f***ing awsome. I have a few Vaporizer at home, but this little fella is great.

One question, on most of the pictures you can find online, there is the Logo (3 Triangles) on the Bottom of the Splinter, mine has just a Number. Doss that mean i have a Fake one, or is this normal?

kuzko

Hi again, my splinter arrived a week ago, and it is f***ing awsome. I have a few Vaporizer at home, but this little fella is great.

One question, on most of the pictures you can find online, there is the Logo (3 Triangles) on the Bottom of the Splinter, mine has just a Number. Doss that mean i have a Fake one, or is this normal?
You’re all good. That just means you have one of the earlier production Splinters before Ryan switched to the logo design.

kuzko,
Reactions: Summer

Mr. Me2

Hey all! I'm back again. Finally dug my Splinter out of it's box (has a strange rattle since I got it, never fired it up..... wonder what that rattle is...).

Anyway I wanted to let everyone know after several design iterations, I'm quite pleased with my finished RBT Basket Screen Lid! What do ya'll think?

20191102_103452__39180.1572734981.1280.1280.jpg

The lid is designed with an opening so the baskets "slide" into place.

I'm personally quite pleased with the finished result, the extra lip helps when removing the baskets without spilling herb everywhere! I find the "pop" as the baskets snap into place quite satisfying :lol:

Now I'm thinking about some sort of caddy to hold a bunch of of preloaded baskets for those who like to prepare a day/week of capsules at one time ;) :science:
Hey @Ratchett - I’m ready to try your basket screen lids. Have you come up with a caddy yet? I don’t see it on your website and that is an important add on for me. Please let me/us know. Orders await...

Thanks!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If it's not too off topic where are we getting our replacement rimmed basket screens? Is there an ebay link someone can vouch for? It doesn't seem right to pay a buck apiece.

bossman,

Mr. Me2

If it's not too off topic where are we getting our replacement rimmed basket screens? Is there an ebay link someone can vouch for? It doesn't seem right to pay a buck apiece.
Good question, but... Why not just load up during this rbt sale? Works out to $3 and change, I think.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: bossman

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey @Ratchett - I’m ready to try your basket screen lids. Have you come up with a caddy yet? I don’t see it on your website and that is an important add on for me. Please let me/us know. Orders await...

Sadly afraid I've been far too busy this holiday season to whip up a caddy right now! :science:

(Although if someone wanted to sponsor the project so it gets into the queue, that could be an option to expedite the project :rolleyes: :worms: )

Delta3DStudios,

speshals

When I use the FCShare settings my DNA250 it comes up with temperature protected and drops the wattage down to 15w. It seems to put out no to little vapour at that point. I'm tried just hitting it with default settings and 45w but I can't seem to get the same rips as others.

speshals,

garett

Hey Guys, another question. What Top Hat Screens do you use? I need new one, and its pretty hard to find them here in Austria (no kangoroos). Is there a DIY Tutorial somewhere, or do you know where to order them?

garett,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Hey Guys, another question. What Top Hat Screens do you use? I need new one, and its pretty hard to find them here in Austria (no kangoroos). Is there a DIY Tutorial somewhere, or do you know where to order them?

Here’s a cpl options.
5Pcs 15mm Stainless Steel Metal Screen Mesh Filter for Crystal Tobacco Smoking Pipe https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B078RWB2SL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Kp-ZDb46DAEPB

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-To...-Steel-Mesh-smoking-pipe-filter-/173907265879

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
weekend flash sale of 33% off your order. So please go use the code "RBTlovesFC" and... #loadup
Can you tell me if the clear XL8R stems are also using the thicker glass now? I want to place an order during this sale but I only remember a comment about the grey ones being made thicker now so I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

bossman,

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I was lucky enough to get gifted a Splinter V2 and a Sinuous P80. I was doing great in wattage mode and I should have just stayed there, but I decided to try out TCR mode and now it won't let me change it back or change anything at all except the temp. When I first got it it was letting me change everything just fine using three pushes on the fire button. Now that isn't doing anything so I can't even change the settings of the TCR mode. I have tried and tried to find a solution and can't so I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

kbrown5523,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was lucky enough to get gifted a Splinter V2 and a Sinuous P80. I was doing great in wattage mode and I should have just stayed there, but I decided to try out TCR mode and now it won't let me change it back or change anything at all except the temp. When I first got it it was letting me change everything just fine using three pushes on the fire button. Now that isn't doing anything so I can't even change the settings of the TCR mode. I have tried and tried to find a solution and can't so I'm hoping that someone here can help me.
Hang in there and I'm sure real help will be along shortly.
I can tell you that it's possible to re-set (re-install) the firmware, or to install a 'custom' firmware, by using a utility app. that's a quick install on a computer. I believe you would also need 'net access and the usb that came with the P-80. Not difficult, but I unfortunately don't remember enough detail to get you there...

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington

OMG!! It just suddenly let me switch it again! I'm soooo happy!!!

kbrown5523,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom