The Screwball by Vapvana

AndyO

Woot woot, looks great my man, glad to hear youre enjoying it.

When I hear screwball I think of baseball, felt a torched white ash handle similar in style to a Louisville slugger would be a nice compliment.

Will have more of these done soon enough if anyone is interested, pls let me know.

Thanks again for the work @HughJundys was a pleasure to do so.

I love the handles on my B1, they came with the vape I bought off my mate, who had bought them locally here in Australia. They make it feel really 'luxe.

I'd be interested in one for my Screwball... but I'm looking at it now, how does the stock handle even come off? I can't see a screw or anything.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I love the handles on my B1, they came with the vape I bought off my mate, who had bought them locally here in Australia. They make it feel really 'luxe.

I'd be interested in one for my Screwball... but I'm looking at it now, how does the stock handle even come off? I can't see a screw or anything.
🙂, glad to hear it.

I had to cut it off with a razor knife it's not that tough. The wood I feel handles better and is easier for me to manipulate having large hands.

AndyO

🙂, glad to hear it.

I had to cut it off with a razor knife it's not that tough. The wood I feel handles better and is easier for me to manipulate having large hands.

Oh, Jesus, it's a pretty serious investment in the wood handle then if you have to hack the plastic one away from electrical wires!

I might need to study it a bit more in the daylight when it's off to see whether I can figure something out.

AndyO

No sir it's not a big deal at all there is a thin plastic like heat shrink that fits around the rubber handle it can easily be cut off without harming anything under it.

Yeah, count me in. I just went and had another look at @HughJundys' pics on the previous page, and it just looks so good.

Let me know when you have one ready to ship to Australia :tup:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I recommend upgrading your bowl handle too.

PXL-20240507-164237257-2.jpg

AndyO

No sir it's not a big deal at all there is a thin plastic like heat shrink that fits around the rubber handle it can easily be cut off without harming anything under it.

Having had a look in the daylight and with the Screwball switched off, I was waaaay overestimating the difficulty of this!

The design isn't actually wildly different to your wooden handles, in that the handle just slips over the cord - in the case of the Screwball though, there's just the thin plastic "wrap" around the handle holding in place.

That plastic "wrap" is going to be really easy to cut through, and it's going to leave you with the bones of the handle intact if you want to switch back. So yeah - I'm still in when you have one for me that you can ship overseas.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That plastic "wrap" is going to be really easy to cut through, and it's going to leave you with the bones of the handle intact if you want to switch back. So yeah - I'm still in when you have one for me that you can ship overseas.
I don't think it will work as a handle after it is cut. It doesn't really hold in place anymore. You could re-wrap it though.

lava

I am expecting my DeFreze Screwball bowls. Regular and microdose.

Any suggestions for how much should I increase or decrease my Screwball temperature with a wooden bowl?
Have you got to try the bowl yet I think it looks great and am about to order the micro dose one . Did some more digging on the company's insta they have a video of one of the bowls In use with the screwball. 480F

Last edited:
lava,

Razzle_N_Dazzle

Wow that looks great.

Will have more of these done soon enough if anyone is interested, pls let me know.
I'm definitely interested!

This pair also looks really nice too.

I've been convinced I need to replace my standard handle lol It's nice to know there's already a couple different options for it.

Is there anyone with both the new and old version of the Screwball head? I'm interested in hearing how they compare. They said the new version should perform about the same as the old one but it'd be nice to get feedback from someone who's used them both out in the wild. I'm also interested in how the new hybrid glass/metal bowl is working out. These changes make me wonder how many will be integrated into the upcoming wireless version.

Misterhyde

Saw this being teased on Facebook. I for one would love some kind of specialized option. It's probably safe enough but I'm not a fan of the bent hanger style holder. I always use my CH heatstand but I have had it sieze to the stand a few times and it's very frustrating. I have to be careful when I rest the screwball so that it does not get stuck.

Razzle_N_Dazzle

I wish more of these updates were posted in more visible places and not just in meme-focused Facebook and Instagram videos. I don't have an account for either so I can't even see them if I wanted too, especially the more common Insta videos. Not to say that the videos there should stop, I just wish there were additional ways to get the information, like blog updates on the official website. It could be the same videos posted on FB and Insta, but on a blog I could actually view them.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wish more of these updates were posted in more visible places and not just in meme-focused Facebook and Instagram videos. I don't have an account for either so I can't even see them if I wanted too, especially the more common Insta videos. Not to say that the videos there should stop, I just wish there were additional ways to get the information, like blog updates on the official website. It could be the same videos posted on FB and Insta, but on a blog I could actually view them.
I think you are better off. I stopped following Vapvana on Instagram because I found the memes so off-putting.

dudeguy

So my Screwball arrived today but I might have fucked up a little. I accidentally did the burn off with 537 Celsius instead of Fahrenheit :doh:. Could this have caused some harm?

dudeguy,

lava

Your problem fine am new to ball vapes . 1st and only is a screwball but I did like 900f for few minutes after the regular burn off . Seems to be fine . Am not 100% but them ruby's can get very hot before something bad happens

lava,
Reactions: dudeguy

lava

I think the new model the ones with the holes on the side is stainless steal and over time at high Temps stainless will change colors . So that's normal mine also is like a blue ish

dudeguy

I am pretty sure I have the titanium version. But oh well, as long as it is still safe to use and performance isn't impacted I am fine with a gold and blue Screwball :ko:

Last edited:

Kiwi Vapor

Damn, I wish the new PID's came in Red instead of Teal. Red would have popped and matched up with the Rubies. I'm very OCD though, so it's not a big problem, just my own lol. The Green PID messes with my OCD as everything I have is basically black with RGB lights. Would love to be able to change the color of the LED screen lol.

Top Bottom