The Picture Thread

coolbreeze

I am this old:

GV3VSs9aIAAtkj1
I am this old:
The-Beatles-decca-time.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This old Shagbark Hickory was big when we moved in 40 yrs ago. It's the view out my back door. Here it is lit from the side and below as this morning's sun rose over my right shoulder, I'm sitting at our outdoor chilling/vaping table.

Many, many birds and squirrels have called it home, or at least a free lunch stop.

I have developed a kinship with this tree, as I think we each may be much closer to the end than the beginning.

Nickname, Yggdrasil, the Norse Tree of Life

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
50 years ago yesterday, 29 August 1974, this iconic image of John Lennon was taken up on the roof of his rented East 52nd Street penthouse in Manhattan, New York City, by his photograher at the time, Bob Gruen 📸.

I was lucky enough to get an autographed copy of the photo from him in 1991.

20240830-102459.jpg

CrazyDiamond

H.A.L. got screwed!
Ya, brilliant and get points on your license, maybe a law suit for a neck injury, whether they have one or not, just because you don't like someone...bruh, you're better than that I'm sure.
Obligatory, pic, of course non-political from me always...
Solar Eclipse over Utah

florduh

well goddamn it, if I'm behind a guy purposely trying to be the most obnoxious person on the road and can't doing anything about it then what even was the point of the insurance

44fv5j.jpg

69ch3idyinf01.gif

gheebee

In Lenhartsville, PA there is a campground called Blue Rocks which is home to a natural boulder field. I’m told that the field is 50 feet deep and around a mile long, it sits on top of a river and the field itself was believed to have been formed when a glacier passed over what is now the park. This is the view from the bottom of the field:

01-base.jpg

Ever since going there I’ve thought about going back and walking from one end of it to the other and on Saturday I finally did that. The first look back at the starting point:

02.jpg

Maybe 75% of the way up to the top I took what was probably the best picture of the whole trip:

03-sky.jpg

Shortly after that we reached the end:

04-the-end.jpg

Wanted to go into the woods a bit but didn’t have any bug spray for ticks and also kept seeing snakes every time I would get close to the edge of the rocks. We were told that we may also see bears on the rocks but there were none; I was kind of hoping we'd see some at a distance on the way back though. A shot of the trip back down:

05.jpg

trail.jpg

Top Bottom