Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

415~650

Fed Ex came thru wit the chromed out KISS today, after I shitted on my last one. Got all the wax I got [left to right] Khalifa Kush, The White, and..... some legendary Blue Cookies, made by an innovative pharmacy. Been holdin my nuts all week for this. Time to break in 2014. No Luck needed. TYBG:bowdown:

thevaf

anyone know what the maximum continuous discharge rate is for the AW IMR 18490s? I have conflicting info, some sites say 8c (8.8amps) and others say 15c (16.5amps).

According to this post from Andrew Wan (AW) he is saying 15c?

thevaf,

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
@THC SCIENTIFIC or anyone else who knows,
What are the exact specs of the silicone o-rings that come with the Nibbler XL?? I want to order some more but I want to make sure I get the right ones!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Vapoholic420,
Reactions: masaki

OF

Can the Okeanos be used with carts other than the KISS

I believe so because there is a 510 threading option for the Okeanos as well as the usual 601 threading for the Persei.

I doubt it, I can't think of any other carts that are short enough to fit. Best chance I have is the Dabbler cart, and it's way taller.

I think the 510 thread option is on the adapter piece, so it'll screw into a 510 battery, I suspect the socket inside still fits the KISS cart? And then only some of the KISS carts? That is I don't think the Ophos version will fit with it's skirt?

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I doubt it, I can't think of any other carts that are short enough to fit. Best chance I have is the Dabbler cart, and it's way taller.

I think the 510 thread option is on the adapter piece, so it'll screw into a 510 battery, I suspect the socket inside still fits the KISS cart? And then only some of the KISS carts? That is I don't think the Ophos version will fit with it's skirt?

OF

Ah, good point. Hadn't thought about that. :doh:

Last edited:

trebongs

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot a problem I'm having. I had a problem earlier with the Persei Vaporizer but I was able to buy replacement cartridges and it has been working fine.

I was trying to replace the cartridge I had earlier today and the bottom screw came out along with it. I rescrewed everything together and suddenly the vaporizer no longer turns on. I attached some pictures to hopefully make this easier to understand. Does anyone have any suggestions on how can I fix this?

(See post below for pictures, sorry for the double post)

1e4rsLn&eYgi0aO&dM2lHxP
1e4rsLn&eYgi0aO&dM2lHxP
1e4rsLn&eYgi0aO&dM2lHxP

trebongs,

OF

I was trying to replace the cartridge I had earlier today and the bottom screw came out along with it. I rescrewed everything together and suddenly the vaporizer no longer turns on.

Sad to say it's toast. It has to go back.......

The big issue is the wire broken off the center pin. You might be able to make good contact with the threads, and even get it glued back in, but the wire will keep you from working.

In the old days you'd live on the double head until it was replaced, too bad that's no longer possible.

The quicker you 'open a ticket' and send it off, the faster you get it back. Next time be careful of cold concentrate gluing the cart in. Keeping it clean as you go along is the best idea. If it doesn't freely unscrew (remember, it's not supposed to be jammed on tight), heat it up.

Good luck with it.

OF

khof

Sad to say it's toast. It has to go back.......

The big issue is the wire broken off the center pin. You might be able to make good contact with the threads, and even get it glued back in, but the wire will keep you from working.

In the old days you'd live on the double head until it was replaced, too bad that's no longer possible.

The quicker you 'open a ticket' and send it off, the faster you get it back. Next time be careful of cold concentrate gluing the cart in. Keeping it clean as you go along is the best idea. If it doesn't freely unscrew (remember, it's not supposed to be jammed on tight), heat it up.

Good luck with it.

OF

This leads me to a question. When I refill carts, it is a b**** getting the fill tool on and especially difficult to get it back off. I usually screw it onto the persei for a better grip/leverage. Should I cease this practice in fear of the above pictured occurring?

Also, this 2.4 ohm cart has been a champ. Easily 5 grams through it and it's still going strong.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
This leads me to a question. When I refill carts, it is a b**** getting the fill tool on and especially difficult to get it back off. I usually screw it onto the persei for a better grip/leverage. Should I cease this practice in fear of the above pictured occurring?

The fill tool can be a little difficult to get on and off, but I wouldn't recommend torquing or twisting the tool or the cartridge. It takes a little practice. Sometimes the fill tool is a little crooked going on, but it's meant to keep concentrate from spilling out the sides or down the airflow tube in the center of the cart. It doesn't have to be a pretty fit, just a functional one.

OF

This leads me to a question. When I refill carts, it is a b**** getting the fill tool on and especially difficult to get it back off.

Also, this 2.4 ohm cart has been a champ. Easily 5 grams through it and it's still going strong.

I agree, the tool can be a PITA. More over, being as thick and heavy as it is it 'heats slow'.

Lucky for me I'm an Old School kinda guy at heart, I went back to the good old Wilton number 10 cake decorator tip and wood toothpick. The thin brass is very responsive to the torch making the heating process much easier to control. Now the load heats faster than the tube of the cart does.

Over time I've modified the technique a bit. I cut the tip back a bit (strong scissors) then flared it out parallel (rolled it over a round screwdriver blade) for 1/8 inch or so. Now it grips the inner wall of the tube and doesn't need the toothpick for support. So I pug the small vent tube with a 1/4 inch or so piece of a toothpick (just long enough to grab), fill the funnel, put it on top and start heating the cart. Afterwards, I let it cool, stick the toothpick stub to the sticky residue inside the funnel, and put them both in a little plastic bag for next time.

I had a loading tool I 'worked on' to make it easier to get on and off, but went back to the funnel that inspired the tool (PV took it on themselves to supply a Wilton tip and bag of toothpicks until W9 (then THC Scientific) developed the tool to replace it. A forum member came up with the great idea of the Wilton tip.

Yes, I agree. 2.4 Ohm carts are the call. Lifespan depends on the concentrate if the owner doesn't kill it off first. I'd say 3 or 4 grams is probably a good average? Whatever average is.

I hope you have a backup vape? Good luck getting a fast replacement, you know you want to get back to it.....

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Man I hope the okeanos and hercules parts come out soon!!

I feel you, man!

Right there with you bro, I'm so excited for the okeanos! Anxiously awaiting the ti kiss carts too. Then the desktop unit. I feel like Xmas hasn't come yet lol.

I feel like the TI KISS carts are the most vital because the Okeanos includes one TI KISS cart. No Okeanos release until the new KISS carts are ready.

Quick question I want to get a bit more info on the core what's the advantages for the hammer and sr-74 if I use it with the core

DatOilVape,

exit

My herc reading 1.7ohm but performing poorly. Took out the ceramic rod aand no amount of boiling or iso will take the black sludge off of it. What sshould I do?

Top Bottom