Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

You missed the best part:

And I calculated it to be 20 watts at 400F and 10 watts at 380F. (It's un-calibrated so the temps could be different)

So it can be like hitting two mflb's simultaneously for 15 mins or like hitting a single one for half a freaking hour! :brow:

Sorry, Joe, you lost me on that math. Can you pass it by again a little slower? I'm not following how we have twice the power but only a 5% increase in temperature? Seems out of line. TIA

I'm still not sure how to tell the resistance of my cart

It should be printed on the outside around the bottom. If not, it's the original version, 2.4 Ohms, from a day when you didn't need to label because there was just one size.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Sorry, Joe, you lost me on that math. Can you pass it by again a little slower? I'm not following how we have twice the power but only a 5% increase in temperature?

No problemo, I mentioned it on one of my earliest posts but only copied the "good stuff" for vitolo

Basically G said he hadn't calibrated the temperature display with the temperature inside the unit so the numbers might be completely different, maybe not even linear?

As for the wattage I went solely off of his reported runtimes and the batteries. He was using AW 700mah cells at 7.4v.

700ma-hours is 42,000ma-minutes
Divide by his run-time gives you the current and multiplied by 7.4 nominal voltage gives you the wattage.

The only two runtimes he definitively gave were 15 minutes at "400F" and 31 minutes at "380F", which would indicate the temps probably are very different because that does come out to 15 minutes at 20 watts and 31 minutes at 10 watts...

JoeKickass,

shortwind

Update. I did read the vaporpedia entry on the Omnicron. Then I went on-line and ordered the V2 version. So hoping I can learn all the ins and outs of using it. There are two places in my area I can allegedly obtain the right "materials" to use in it.
Thanks!

shortwind,

OF

No problemo, I mentioned it on one of my earliest posts but only copied the "good stuff" for vitolo

Basically G said he hadn't calibrated the temperature display with the temperature inside the unit so the numbers might be completely different, maybe not even linear?

As for the wattage I went solely off of his reported runtimes and the batteries. He was using AW 700mah cells at 7.4v.

700ma-hours is 42,000ma-minutes
Divide by his run-time gives you the current and multiplied by 7.4 nominal voltage gives you the wattage.

The only two runtimes he definitively gave were 15 minutes at "400F" and 31 minutes at "380F", which would indicate the temps probably are very different because that does come out to 15 minutes at 20 watts and 31 minutes at 10 watts...

Sorry, Joe, still not with you. First off, back in post 1853, the Man said:

"Ok so 31min run time

2x18350 700mah IMR batteries.

7.4v from start to finish.

First test 400F 15 min
Second 380F 15 min
Third 380F 1 min"

So I think that clears the confusion about total run times (there was some for sure....). But I'm still not following how that relates to powers used to attain the temperature. I'd expect much closer to half the power for test one, the remainder for the others? Why 10 and 20 Watts for 380 and 400 (relative)???

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Sorry, Joe, still not with you. First off, back in post 1853, the Man said:

"Ok so 31min run time

2x18350 700mah IMR batteries.

7.4v from start to finish.

First test 400F 15 min
Second 380F 15 min
Third 380F 1 min"

So I think that clears the confusion about total run times (there was some for sure....). But I'm still not following how that relates to powers used to attain the temperature. I'd expect much closer to half the power for test one, the remainder for the others? Why 10 and 20 Watts for 380 and 400 (relative)???

OF

Oh I see what he meant after looking at it for at least the fifth time now, if you look at my quotes I had thought he made a typo.

And I also thought he was giving us runtimes from start to finish on one set of batteries at a constant temp value. If he changed the temp during the run there is very little we can say other than the average power was:

42,000ma-minutes / 31 minutes = 1355.84 ma or 1.36 amps * 7.4v = 10.025 watts for 31 minutes

Hard to tell how much higher the 400F wattage was than the 380F

Thanks for keeping me honest!

JoeKickass,

Ewog

thcscientific im on skype now will be ready in a few minutes

You know when you were a little kid and you saw that commercial for that toy that was the best thing in the world and could hardly wait for your birthday to get? I can say I just relived that feeling after that skype session! They really are blowing everyone else out of the water, haven't really seen anything that compares to the 8 in terms of portable vapes. Can't wait till this comes out!

Ewog,

OF

Oh I see what he meant after looking at it for at least the fifth time now, if you look at my quotes I had thought he made a typo.

And I also thought he was giving us runtimes from start to finish on one set of batteries at a constant temp value. If he changed the temp during the run there is very little we can say other than the average power was:

42,000ma-minutes / 31 minutes = 1355.84 ma or 1.36 amps * 7.4v = 10.025 watts for 31 minutes

Hard to tell how much higher the 400F wattage was than the 380F

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Understood. Like I said, there was a fair bit of confusion at the time. Not to mention an important test in progress.....

I'm sort of OK with those numbers, but bet the average comes in closer to 8 Watts at the load (a guess at 80% eff overall?), bringing it a bit under MFLB? Maybe 8 times the runtime and temperature controlled? Sounds interesting to me.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
hows the testing coming along that group Skype thing is awesome

I did a bowl with Vitolo, ewog and joekickass, using the same batteries with no recharge, we think we could get nother 2-4 bowls maybe even more out of it on a single charge.

The button does not get hot, it dissipates heat really quickly and keeps on producing clouds. This will be ready at deep green for testing.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Vitolo

wb21

i sent you an add contact on Skype so next time your doing some testing id like to see the performance.

wb21,

wb21

That got me amped about the future of this company great stuff G now if only i lived in cali and you guys were looking for interns lol

wb21,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
@THC
Received my 4ohm test carts today. Had to delay testing to complete “honey do” list, but am now started with first cart.
Of the 5 carts 3 weighed in at 7.4g and two at 7.5g on my freshly calibrated scale. (Only does 1/10g...am waiting on a replacement for my .oog scale).

Cart #1: Tested briefly with Omicron for burn. Then loaded with Girl Scout Cookies that came in a nifty little syringe that made it easy to squirt into the funnel. Weighed at 8.5g including label.

Attached to 6v Persei. Unrestricted draw, no priming needed. A brief two second burst and I had vapor. I was taken aback as I hadn’t had that metallic taste that clued me into vapor production. And the oil's taste was all there.A three second burst and I had more vapor than I could handle. I’m not a big fan of “clouds” as I see them as medicine and $$ wasted, but to each his own. If you want clouds you can get them. If you want to absorb max vapor a one or two second burst will do it for you.

I imagine these would work with the 3.7v battery and/or Omicron and will try that...later.

Got to get back to testing, but wanted to post something while I still could. :smug:

Three thumbs up! :tup::tup::tup:

JoeKickass

Skype session earlier was sweet, how many other company founders will personally demo their prototype to a guy who can only type? Says a lot imo...

G started off with the Persei 8 looking as sleek as ever, showed me some abv from his previous two sesh's (one had a bit of charring the other looked like shades of brown) packed a .3-.4g bowl and started heating.

He started getting vapor when the screen said just 180F and it quickly got thicker, I think the max temp we went to was 320F but he was getting bigger hits, quicker than I could have done with a mflb.

Warm up time was less than 3 minutes from cold to 320F and you can watch the temp rise. When the bowl was cashed he emptied out the abv and again it looked varying shades of brown. Not too bad for an unknown temp...

Then he showed me a "tank" cart which looked like an Omicron cart but about 50% longer. It was also filled with 1.5g of oil :D and seemed to be working just as well as a regular cart. G did say it got a bit warm though...

I also found out that light-colored bit in the center of the bowl isn't the heater, but it is where the heat comes from :ninja: it's a heat "diffuser" and the whole Persei 8 assembly is only a little bit longer than the Persei with a metal mouthpiece. Also saw the wall adapter for the Persei which looked very nice.

All in all it was a blast, great way to start the weekend! :tup:

Top Bottom